St. Patrick kept the Sabbath.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Calvin said Calvin: Predestination

Predestination According to Calvin​

According to John Calvin, predestination is God’s unchangeable decree from before the creation of the world that he would freely save some people (the elect), foreordaining them to eternal life, while the others (the reprobate) would be “barred from access to” salvation and sentenced to “eternal death

Yes.

That is the Demonic John Calvin teaching that before some are born, God has "decreed" that they they are born only to burn in the Lake of FIRE.

"Pre-destined by GOD, to go to Hell, then the Lake of Fire"...

See,..... the issue with this doctrine of devil's is MANY.... as this hellish doctrine is (T.U.L.I.P) LEGION... and what you have to SEE.. .Reader... is that all of us are EQUAL, regarding originally being a SINNER.

Why? "Because ALL HAVE SINNED".

This is why "Jesus came into the world TO SAVE SINNERS"< not the "elect only" as Demonic "TULIP" Calvinism Teaches.

Calvinism Abuses God, willfully..= by falsely accusing Him of causing people to NOT BELIEVE... As they are not "chosen" to believe.
They are "pre-destined into ..(FORCED BY GOD))...= Unbelief".., .is what this DEVIL Teaches people to Believe.

So, here is how THEOLOGICALLY INSANE John Calvinism is...

Reader, ....

Unbelievers go to Hell because they never Believed in Jesus, were never born again, and die.... so God judges them... John 3:36, after they die., for their Christ REJECTION....

So, if God is causing them NOT to Believe, ..as the demonic John Calvin teaches... then How can GOD be just, honest, true, and right, if He decided they can't BELIEVE in Jesus, before they were born...... and then after they, you, me, are here on earth, and we die.... God judges us into eternal damnation, and HE is the reason we could not believe. !!

Do you see how that accuses God of being some sort of cosmic psychopath, who wont let you believe in Jesus, then sends you to hell after you die, for "not BELIEVING", as you were not 'chosen/pre-destined to believe".,,. according to the Theological Blasphemy of John Calvin.

His Theology is OF THE DEVIL.
Its a CANCER on the Body of Christ.

Don't believe it reader.
Avoid people who teach it.
Don't let them get to your family.
And if you have been infected with demonic Calvinism, then GET AWAY FROM IT.
Put it away.
Leave it alone.
Deny it.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are talking oddly when you say " for neither God nor Calvin say God caused people to be unbelievers. We are born that way! "
All p[eople are born unbelievers according to Gods Word
If you are correct then when Calvin wrote his interpretations even the elect would be born unbelievers had God not pre-chosen ( pre-destined) some to become His elect.

Therefore , by not pre-determining them... He is choosing them for eternal death.

Are you, by any chance among the group that calls John calvin a prophet?

Have you read ???
No, we were chosen before teh foundation of the world to be holy. we were "lost in time" but God chose the day He would draw us to Himself as is said in John 6.

No I have not read that book and I cannot say if Calvin was a prophet or not.

I read His "Institutes" over 35 years ago, and have studied in the depth the five points of Armenianism and the five point rebuttal by the Calvinists at Dort. Old Jacob was wrong on his five points.
There is so much to be read about his beliefs, and NONE of them should be taken to heart.

I will say this that if John Calvin was a prophet, in the true sense then every word said or written by Ellen G White is also, an so is Joseph Smith which ironically none of them agree with anything.
Well I do not see any wrong in what He is writing. His grammar and style are much different than how we would say things today, but He is simply saying that wqhen He received a revelation from God (like Luther did) , he scaled back his other studies and pursued holiness.

Did Calvin declare himself a prophet or was that title given to him by others? Other than knowing he would be today of the reformed theology persuasion, I know little to nothing of Calvins eschatology.

Reactions: Scott Downey

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See, you finally posted Calvin Circular Reasoning Verses, and i addressed everyone of them, in 2 different posts to you.

You didn't dispute it, because you can't.

Did you forget that ive been showing you what is wrong with your understanding, that is Calvin's Deception, for over 15 months?

And if you could realize that to escape demonic Calvinism, = you have to want to...
You dont, as you BELIEVE it.
You and all Calvinist's.. the worst sort of TULIP Hyper Calvinists, are unfortunate.
For all your verbal methane and deflections and diverting and trying to throw the ball ini my court, you still have yet to even address the biblical reasons why you call the five points of Calvin Satanic and demonically inspired.

All the rest you write is just strawman, slander and lies.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
For all your verbal methane and deflections and diverting and trying to throw the ball ini my court,

The Demonic John Calvin teaching = that before some are born, God has "decreed" that they they are born only to burn in the Lake of FIRE.

"Pre-destined by GOD, to go to Hell, then the Lake of Fire"...

See,..... the issue with this doctrine of devil's is MANY.... as this hellish doctrine is (T.U.L.I.P) LEGION... and what you have to SEE.. .Reader... is that all of us are EQUAL, regarding originally being a SINNER.

Why? "Because ALL HAVE SINNED".

This is why "Jesus came into the world TO SAVE SINNERS"< not the "elect only" as Demonic "TULIP" Calvinism Teaches.

Calvinism Abuses God, willfully..= by falsely accusing Him of causing people to NOT BELIEVE... As they are not "chosen" to believe.
They are "pre-destined into ..(FORCED BY GOD))...= Unbelief".., .is what this DEVIL Teaches people to Believe.

So, here is how THEOLOGICALLY INSANE John Calvinism is...

Reader, ....

Unbelievers go to Hell because they never Believed in Jesus, were never born again, and die.... so God judges them... John 3:36, after they die., for their Christ REJECTION....

So, if God is causing them NOT to Believe, ..as the demonic John Calvin teaches... then How can GOD be just, honest, true, and right, if He decided they can't BELIEVE in Jesus, before they were born...... and then after they, you, me, are here on earth, and we die.... God judges us into eternal damnation, and HE is the reason we could not believe. !!

Do you see how that accuses God of being some sort of cosmic psychopath, who wont let you believe in Jesus, then sends you to hell after you die, for "not BELIEVING", as you were not 'chosen/pre-destined to believe".,,. according to the Theological Blasphemy of John Calvin.

His Theology is OF THE DEVIL.
Its a CANCER on the Body of Christ.

Don't believe it reader.
Avoid people who teach it.
Don't let them get to your family.
And if you have been infected with demonic Calvinism, then GET AWAY FROM IT.
Put it away.
Leave it alone.
Deny it.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All p[eople are born unbelievers according to Gods Word

No, we were chosen before teh foundation of the world to be holy. we were "lost in time" but God chose the day He would draw us to Himself as is said in John 6.

No I have not read that book and I cannot say if Calvin was a prophet or not.

I read His "Institutes" over 35 years ago, and have studied in the depth the five points of Armenianism and the five point rebuttal by the Calvinists at Dort. Old Jacob was wrong on his five points.

Well I do not see any wrong in what He is writing. His grammar and style are much different than how we would say things today, but He is simply saying that wqhen He received a revelation from God (like Luther did) , he scaled back his other studies and pursued holiness.

Did Calvin declare himself a prophet or was that title given to him by others? Other than knowing he would be today of the reformed theology persuasion, I know little to nothing of Calvins eschatology.
He called himself a prophet.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
He called himself a prophet.

He was insane.
His Theology is of the Devil, because only a Devil tries to deny The Cross.
That's : SATANISM 101. As Satan denies the word of God and The Cross of Christ, = and Calvinism does BOTH.
John Calvinism's "Limited Atonement", is a complete Blasphemy against the Cross of Christ.

Here are 2 verses and some teaching for anyone, who wants to deny Calvinist's or get out of his "bewitching".

You can always just use John 3:16, as it says that Jesus died for the WORLD< and not just the "pre-destined Elect".

Here you go..

Calvin's theology is anti-Cross Blasphemy. And its interesting to note that God makes CHRISTians, and Calvin creates Calvinist's.
These are not the same.
Notice that deceived Calvinist's teach Calvinism, while CHRISTian's teach Christ.
Notice that reader, as you can't miss it.

Now, Here we go..

Use any Bible version you like, Reader.

1.) 1 John 2:2

"""When JESUS served as a sacrifice for our sins, He solved the sin problem for good - not only ours, but the whole WORLD's""

Notice that John said that Jesus solved the sin problem for the whole = world..
Not just the "pre-destined", as Demonic John Calvinism and his disciples lie to teach.

We see in this verse that the Cross is for the WORLD< exactly as John 3:16 teaches, that Calvin and his disciples, deny.

2.) 1 Timothy 4:10

""""God, who is the Savior of ALL people, especially of those who believe.""""

So, we see that God is the Savior of ALL, with the condition that they BELIEVE">

So, "ALL" is not "pre-destined elect"... as the demonic John Calvin teaches.

Foolish Calvinist, read "all" and "world" and can't understand it, because Calvin's theology is a type of mind blinding "bewitching" that is a doctrine of devils... and that is how it owns your MIND...= Its Satanic.. It will deceive you, and have you preaching T.U.L.I.P. instead of JESUS SAVES.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well why don't you quit all this verbal methane and list point by point why each of th epoints of TULI{P are demonic.

I will even give you the outline

T is demonic because......
U is demonic because......
L is demonic because.......
I is demonic because.........
P is demonic because.........

It is that simple and easy for you to defend all your allegations, accusations and defamtion.

The rest of your last post is once again you lying abo0ut what I believe. So lying is a sin and that must mean you were never said according to your theology.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
T is demonic because......
U is demonic because......
L is demonic because.......
I is demonic because.........
P is demonic because.........

A.) Because its a "Doctrine of Devils'. Hebrews 13 9.

It causes so called "believers" to obsessively want to "prove Calvinism", as if this is important, or even a part of Chirstianity.

You're the man, along with Brightframe.

Do you see yourself yet?

We do...

See.....Both of you are lost in the deep end of Demonic John Calvinism, and just like i told you 3 weeks ago, you can't help yourself.. you can't stop preaching CALVINISM.
Neither can Brightframe.

You're both deeply spiritually infected with it, because its a spiritual bewitching that takes over your MIND.

Its DEEP in your head, @Ronald Nolette .... just like Satan designed it as a Satanic mental stronghold.

How long now?

30 or 40 yrs?

Do you remember when John Calvin's Theology took over your mind?

All you have to do is read it.... just a little bit of study, and you're GONE>.....
That's what it does to people., and not just believers....Unbelievers also.
Its demonic. Its incredibly "bewitching"...

Or as Paul said about doctrines of devils..."who has BEWITCHED you that you no longer obey the Truth'?

So, that is John Calvin, and what He has done to you, and Brightframe, and others... But you 2, are the most devoted Disciples of John Calvinism., found on this forum.
Thats a fact.

Last edited:

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well can you cite where he self declared himself a prophet? You seem to know cuz you just said he called himself one, so you must have information.
One studied author, many written sources.

This book will need to be bought.
John Calvin as Sixteenth-Century Prophet examines Calvin's sense of vocation. Jon Balserak argues that Calvin believed himself to be a prophet "placed over nations and kingdoms to tear down and destroy, to build and to plant" (Jer 1: 10).

Another: Jon Balserak. John Calvin as Sixteenth-Century Prophet. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2014. xiii + 208 pp. $85. ISBN: 978-0-19-870325-9. | Renaissance Quarterly | Cambridge Core

Indeed, ''Calvin is on record as virtually opposed to self-disclosure'' (3). But Jon Balserak looks at Calvin's awareness of himself as a prophet. From the testimony of others and especially from Calvin's teachings and ministry an image of Calvin's self-understanding as a prophet can emerge.

You will have to sign yourself up to be able to read this one.

CHAPTER

3 Calvin, the Prophet​

Abstract​

This chapter builds on the findings of the previous chapter to argue that Calvin believed himself to be a prophet. It finds Calvin within a non-mystical, non-apocalyptic prophetic tradition which aligned itself with the Old Testament prophets and focused on scriptural interpretation. The chapter shows how Calvin’s self-identifying aligns him specifically and explicitly with Old, rather than New, Testament prophets. Continuing, the chapter argues that Calvin would have seen himself as possessing the same authority as Jeremiah or Ezekiel, and concludes by entertaining the idea that he may have believed himself to be infallible in matters of doctrine.

Further:

John Calvin’s prophetic calling and the memory​

This account was written in the early 1550s. It was written by one whose memory was, by this point in his life, saturated with the language of the prophetic authors. Indeed, it might be noted that Calvin claims in numerous places in his writings that his life is like the prophet David’s; that his times are a “mirror” of the prophets’ age.

Attachments

• 1704719690542.png
    1704719690542.png
    453 KB · Views: 0

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A.) Because its a "Doctrine of Devils'. Hebrews 13 9.

It causes so called "believers" to obsessively want to "prove Calvinism", as if this is important, or even a part of Chirstianity.

You're the man, along with Brightframe.

Do you see yourself yet?

We do...

See.....Both of you are lost in the deep end of Demonic John Calvinism, and just like i told you 3 weeks ago, you can't help yourself.. you can't stop preaching CALVINISM.
Neither can Brightframe.

You're both deeply spiritually infected with it, because its a spiritual bewitching that takes over your MIND.

Its DEEP in your head, @Ronald Nolette .... just like Satan designed it as a Satanic mental stronghold.

How long now?

30 or 40 yrs?

Do you remember when John Calvin's Theology took over your mind?

All you have to do is read it.... just a little bit of study, and you're GONE>.....
That's what it does to people., and not just believers....Unbelievers also.
Its demonic. Its incredibly "bewitching"...

Or as Paul said about doctrines of devils..."who has BEWITCHED you that you no longer obey the Truth'?

So, that is John Calvin, and what He has done to you, and Brightframe, and others... But you 2, are the most devoted Disciples of John Calvinism., found on this forum.
Thats a fact.
Once again you create strawmen and beat them and hurl insults and lie about people.

We have heard your allegations and accusations and slander ad-nauseum. Now why don't you do something profitable and post for every one here why each point of TULIP is satanic according to Scripture and not according to POPE behold!

Sorry but just because you wish to vomit out accusations, it doesn't make them so. You are not God nor are your writings Scripture.

All you have shown so far is diversion, deflection and a phobic refusal to prove your accusations.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One studied author, many written sources.

This book will need to be bought.
John Calvin as Sixteenth-Century Prophet examines Calvin's sense of vocation. Jon Balserak argues that Calvin believed himself to be a prophet "placed over nations and kingdoms to tear down and destroy, to build and to plant" (Jer 1: 10).

Another: Jon Balserak. John Calvin as Sixteenth-Century Prophet. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2014. xiii + 208 pp. $85. ISBN: 978-0-19-870325-9. | Renaissance Quarterly | Cambridge Core

Indeed, ''Calvin is on record as virtually opposed to self-disclosure'' (3). But Jon Balserak looks at Calvin's awareness of himself as a prophet. From the testimony of others and especially from Calvin's teachings and ministry an image of Calvin's self-understanding as a prophet can emerge.

You will have to sign yourself up to be able to read this one.

CHAPTER

3 Calvin, the Prophet​

Abstract​

This chapter builds on the findings of the previous chapter to argue that Calvin believed himself to be a prophet. It finds Calvin within a non-mystical, non-apocalyptic prophetic tradition which aligned itself with the Old Testament prophets and focused on scriptural interpretation. The chapter shows how Calvin’s self-identifying aligns him specifically and explicitly with Old, rather than New, Testament prophets. Continuing, the chapter argues that Calvin would have seen himself as possessing the same authority as Jeremiah or Ezekiel, and concludes by entertaining the idea that he may have believed himself to be infallible in matters of doctrine.

Further:

John Calvin’s prophetic calling and the memory​

This account was written in the early 1550s. It was written by one whose memory was, by this point in his life, saturated with the language of the prophetic authors. Indeed, it might be noted that Calvin claims in numerous places in his writings that his life is like the prophet David’s; that his times are a “mirror” of the prophets’ age.
Well thank you then.

I wish to point out again that I do not follow Calvin nor His reformed theology. I came to believe in what is called the five points of Calvinism before I even knew Calvin had ever existed. I got that from two years of just reading Scripture before I ever picked up any Christian books.

I think I had been a believer for close to 10 years before I picked up Calvins "Institute". I did that because I was interested in finding out the beliefs of many of the reformers. He was one of many I read.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well thank you then.

I wish to point out again that I do not follow Calvin nor His reformed theology. I came to believe in what is called the five points of Calvinism before I even knew Calvin had ever existed. I got that from two years of just reading Scripture before I ever picked up any Christian books.

I think I had been a believer for close to 10 years before I picked up Calvins "Institute". I did that because I was interested in finding out the beliefs of many of the reformers. He was one of many I read.
Ok.

Now question for you. What is it about him that makes so many people follow him and rely on him so readily?

Or more aptly the five "tulip" points?

As for myself... I was born, raised and still belong to a denomination that is Predestined in thought and teachings. But the more I read and study the more I pulled away from those beliefs.

I acknowledge God has all foreknowledge and knows who will be His.... But save for a few of the chosen...
like Jeremiah whom God chose for a specific purpose, I simply do not believe all were known and formed in the womb.

In any event... Back to Calvin.

What makes his ideas so believable and not Ellen G white or Joseph Smith.

Or those in our time of David Koresh, Marshall Applewhite, or even Jim Jones... each of which had a specific following.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Was St. Patrick a seventh day Sabbath keeper till his death, lets go over what we have from the historical record.

From the Catholic historian, T. Ratcliffe Barnett, on the Catholic queen of Scotland: "In this matter the Scots had perhaps kept up the traditional usage of the ancient Irish Church WHICH OBSERVED SATURDAY INSTEAD OF SUNDAY AS THE DAY OF REST."
Margaret of Scotland: Queen and Saint, page 97

Historian A. C. Flick writes: "The Celts used a Latin Bible unlike the Vulgate, and kept Saturday as a day of rest, with special religious services on Sunday."
The Rise of the Medieval Church, page 237

"It seems to have been customary in the Celtic churches of early times, in Ireland as well as Scotland, to keep Saturday, the Jewish Sabbath, as a day of rest from labor. They obeyed the fourth commandment literally upon the seventh day of the week."
The Church in Scotland, page140, James C. Moffatt, D.D.

"In this latter instance they seemed to have followed a custom of which we find traces in the early monastic church of Ireland by which they held Saturday to be the Sabbath on which they rested from all their labours."
Adamnan Life of St. Columba, page 96), W.T. Skene

Here is more on what Patrick (and the Celtic Church) observed that caused issues with the church of Rome.

200 years after Patrick (Michelet writing of Boniface, the pope's apostle to the Germans): "His chief hatred is to the Scots [the name equally given to the Scotch and Irish], and he especially condemns their allowing their priests to marry."
History of France, vol. 1, page 74

It (the Papacy) labored to gather Patrick into its fold by inventing all kinds of history and fables to make him a papal hero. It surrounded with a halo of glory a certain Palladius, apparently sent by Rome to Ireland in the midst of Patrick's success. He also has been called Patrick.
St. Patrick, His Life and Teaching, page 33, note 1

He (Patrick) never mentions either Rome or the pope or hints that he was in any way connected with the ecclesiastical capital of Italy. He recognizes no authority but that of the word of God . . . When Palladius arrived in the country, it was not to be expected that he would receive a very hearty welcome from the Irish apostle. If he was sent by [Pope] Celestine to the native Christians to be their primate or archbishop, no wonder that stouthearted Patrick refused to bow his neck to any such yoke of bondage.
Ecclesiastical History of Ireland, vol. 1, pp. 12-15

In A.D. 596 Pope Gregory sent a group of monks to England to try and bring the Celtic Church under the authority of Rome. However, the Celts refused to acknowledge Gregory’s authority and rejected the teachings of the Roman Church. In Ireland the monks found that the Celtic Church permitted their priests to marry. They also practiced baptism by full immersion in water. The Celtic Church also rejected the doctrine of (papal) infallibility and veneration, transubstantiation, the confessional, the Mass, relic worship, image adoration and the primacy of Peter (Truth Triumphant, by B.G. Wilkinson, pg. 108).
Acts 15 letter to the churches from the apostles
No mention of keeping the sabbath.
There is mention of keeping the Law of Moses, that it was not required of the gentile believers. Keeping the sabbath was part of the Law of Moses. As recorded in the Torah, So this is not required to be saved. Jesus said the same thing, God saves those who believe in Christ, not those who keep the law. Be sure you cannot keep the LAW. Only Christ kept the Law perfectly.

Peter said this, 10 Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? 11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus [b]Christ we shall be saved in the same manner as they.”

The Law of Moses (Hebrew: תֹּורַת מֹשֶׁה Torat Moshe), also called the Mosaic Law, is the law said to have been revealed to Moses by God. The term primarily refers to the Torah or the first five books of the Hebrew Bible.

Acts 15
3 So, being sent on their way by the church, they passed through Phoenicia and Samaria, describing the conversion of the Gentiles; and they caused great joy to all the brethren. 4 And when they had come to Jerusalem, they were received by the church and the apostles and the elders; and they reported all things that God had done with them. 5 But some of the sect of the Pharisees who believed rose up, saying, “It is necessary to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.”

23 They wrote this letter by them:

The apostles, the elders, and the brethren,
To the brethren who are of the Gentiles in Antioch, Syria, and Cilicia:
Greetings.
24 Since we have heard that some who went out from us have troubled you with words, unsettling your souls, [h]saying, “You must be circumcised and keep the law”—to whom we gave no such commandment— 25 it seemed good to us, being assembled with one [i]accord, to send chosen men to you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul, 26 men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. 27 We have therefore sent Judas and Silas, who will also report the same things by word of mouth.

28 For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things: 29 that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual[j] immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well.
Farewell.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
28 For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things: 29 that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual[j] immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well.
Farewell.

Sabbath keeping not required. This comes straight from the Apostles.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am among the group that say he was crazy with his beliefs that Calvin believed that he spoke for God; that to disagree with him was to disagree with the Almighty

Yeah and like any mob boss... he had people whacked for disagreeing with him too.

If you disrespect the mob boss, he sends out a decree demanding that you die!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Demonic John Calvin teaching = that before some are born, God has "decreed" that they they are born only to burn in the Lake of FIRE.

Can't get more demonic than that!

Not only was John Calvin a complete nutjob, Martin Luther was too! agree.gif

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Once again you create strawmen and beat them and hurl insults and lie about people.

You are here preaching TULIP Calvinism...
That's not a strawman, that's your reason to be on the forum.

And like i told you.. once you put that stuff in your head...... its over.
Someone led you to read it? If so that person led you to the devil.
See, CALVIN takes control of your mind and has you talking about Him, his Theology, and you can't help yourself.
His Theology replaces the bible... and you dont even realize it, as that is what demonic Calvinism does to the mind.

You're the proof.
Brightframe is the Proof.
Episkopos has a dose of it also, but he's not usually quite as LOUD about it, and out of control.

This is a Christian forum, not a Forum for spreading the theological cancer that is John Calvinism.
Neither of you (2) can comprehend this, because Calvin has your MIND.

You actually believe that Calvinism is Christianity, and you feel the compulsion to keep talking about HIM and what HE teaches.

Its sad what He does to people.

Even right now, brightframe has sent me some posts so that he can try to Talk about His Cult leader, some more for us.

And you'll do it as well, @Ronald Nolette

Last edited:

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was St. Patrick a seventh day Sabbath keeper till his death, lets go over what we have from the historical record.

From the Catholic historian, T. Ratcliffe Barnett, on the Catholic queen of Scotland: "In this matter the Scots had perhaps kept up the traditional usage of the ancient Irish Church WHICH OBSERVED SATURDAY INSTEAD OF SUNDAY AS THE DAY OF REST."
Margaret of Scotland: Queen and Saint, page 97

Historian A. C. Flick writes: "The Celts used a Latin Bible unlike the Vulgate, and kept Saturday as a day of rest, with special religious services on Sunday."
The Rise of the Medieval Church, page 237

"It seems to have been customary in the Celtic churches of early times, in Ireland as well as Scotland, to keep Saturday, the Jewish Sabbath, as a day of rest from labor. They obeyed the fourth commandment literally upon the seventh day of the week."
The Church in Scotland, page140, James C. Moffatt, D.D.

"In this latter instance they seemed to have followed a custom of which we find traces in the early monastic church of Ireland by which they held Saturday to be the Sabbath on which they rested from all their labours."
Adamnan Life of St. Columba, page 96), W.T. Skene

Here is more on what Patrick (and the Celtic Church) observed that caused issues with the church of Rome.

200 years after Patrick (Michelet writing of Boniface, the pope's apostle to the Germans): "His chief hatred is to the Scots [the name equally given to the Scotch and Irish], and he especially condemns their allowing their priests to marry."
History of France, vol. 1, page 74

It (the Papacy) labored to gather Patrick into its fold by inventing all kinds of history and fables to make him a papal hero. It surrounded with a halo of glory a certain Palladius, apparently sent by Rome to Ireland in the midst of Patrick's success. He also has been called Patrick.
St. Patrick, His Life and Teaching, page 33, note 1

He (Patrick) never mentions either Rome or the pope or hints that he was in any way connected with the ecclesiastical capital of Italy. He recognizes no authority but that of the word of God . . . When Palladius arrived in the country, it was not to be expected that he would receive a very hearty welcome from the Irish apostle. If he was sent by [Pope] Celestine to the native Christians to be their primate or archbishop, no wonder that stouthearted Patrick refused to bow his neck to any such yoke of bondage.
Ecclesiastical History of Ireland, vol. 1, pp. 12-15

In A.D. 596 Pope Gregory sent a group of monks to England to try and bring the Celtic Church under the authority of Rome. However, the Celts refused to acknowledge Gregory’s authority and rejected the teachings of the Roman Church. In Ireland the monks found that the Celtic Church permitted their priests to marry. They also practiced baptism by full immersion in water. The Celtic Church also rejected the doctrine of (papal) infallibility and veneration, transubstantiation, the confessional, the Mass, relic worship, image adoration and the primacy of Peter (Truth Triumphant, by B.G. Wilkinson, pg. 108).
There is nothing wrong with people observing the traditional day of Sabbath .

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Farewell.

Sabbath keeping not required. This comes straight from the Apostles.
Straight from the Apostles who observed Sabbath day?