Standing on the right hand of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aug 10, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=medium]Mark 16:19[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] “So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]You ever wonder what is symbolized there in that phrase with Christ being seated on, or standing on, or in the right hand of God? It is spoken of many times in NT….[/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Luke 22:69[/SIZE][SIZE=medium], [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Acts 2:33[/SIZE][SIZE=medium], [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Acts 7:55[/SIZE][SIZE=medium], [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Acts 7:56[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] ,[/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Romans 8:34[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Colossians 3:1[/SIZE][SIZE=medium], [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Hebrews 10:12[/SIZE][SIZE=medium], [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Hebrews 12:2[/SIZE][SIZE=medium], [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]1 Peter 3:22[/SIZE][SIZE=medium].[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]It’s pretty interesting when you think about it. How do we as men and women do most of our manual work? We use our hands right? I mean if you were given a lump of clay and told to form or create something out of it you probably would use your hands. In a spiritual sense I believe this is what God the Father is showing in His Word, which is His Son, by whom all things were made or created.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Hebrews 1:2[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] “Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things[/SIZE], by whom also he made the worlds;” [SIZE=medium]Ephesians 3:9[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] “And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:” It is God’s Word that created all things, God said…..and it was so. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]So it is fitting that Christ be shown as sitting on the right hand of God, who is God’s power and righteousness, and does the righteous works of God. [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Psalm 48:10[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] “According to thy name, O God, so is thy praise unto the ends of the earth: thy right hand is full of righteousness.” [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Isaiah 41:10[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] “Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]As Christ is the righteousness of God….[/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Philippians 3:9[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] “And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Even Jesus proclaimed he did the works of the Father in [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]John 5:36[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] “But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]So in a spiritual sense you can see the right hand of the Father doing the works through His Word Jesus Christ. Even Jesus said in [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Luke 11:20[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] “But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I think these mysteries are awesome when they truly come to Light.[/SIZE]