Stoney heart - Renewed Heart by God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God heals every part of us and gives us His own wisdom and understanding. I think He would do it all in an instant if He could but…we grow up into Him. Any birth, even the new birth, requires growth and learning, renewing of mind…

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
didn’t have time to watch the video yet, but plan to come back later this evening to watch it. A few thoughts …is the parable of the ground …that which is sown on stony ground endures for a time but becomes offended, and falls away. That which has no root. That which get consumed by the fowls and that which falls by the wayside…Luke 8:14 And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.

then that which is sown in good ground (the Kingdom of God) and brings forth fruit.

2 Timothy 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

2 Timothy 2:3 "Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ."

Someone gifted me this as a T Shirt. On the front is The Lion of Judah, an actual pic of a lions head is the whole front. Very majestic looking... the verse 2 Timothy 2:3 is on the back. :)

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What are your thoughts about a Stoney heart and renewed heart?

Your video makes me think of Ezekiel 36:25-27 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. [26] A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. [27] And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Psalm 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

i get the angst because I’ve been told the heart of stone was only to the Jews. But I don’t know how that can be because there was an undeniable hardness in my heart. And I’ve also been up against the hardness of heart in others also. I’m not sure how anyone could have been in the world for long and never experienced a stony heart where nothing penetrates.

Reactions: Nancy

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lolol! No, I want to have the conversation, it’s just hard to put some experiences into words. I had my heart circumcised and received the Holy Spirit and many things changed, but…I still didn’t see myself clearly or the world clearly. I still had tremendous pride, though I pridefully thought I didn’t! I still defended myself against others, defended my…character if they attacked it.

I was still enmeshed psychologically in the whole world system of shame guilt blame anger scapegoating and power grabs. I mean, from a very young age we are groomed into it. We are…indoctrinated into it by our parents. We always look for whose fault it is and we don’t see ourselves as part of the problem, as one of those to be blamed. But we are human and fallen too. So our self wars against other selves. Our whole family is psychologically enmeshed in this world system and so are we. It’s the useless way of life we learned from our parents. And until we can see it clearly, we can’t break away from it but carry it out into the world in a almost…subconscious? way.

Job 23:10-16 But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold. [11] My foot hath held his steps, his way have I kept, and not declined. [12] Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food. [13] But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth. [14] For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him. [15] Therefore am I troubled at his presence: when I consider, I am afraid of him. [16] For God maketh my heart soft, and the Almighty troubleth me:

the Almighty troubleth me…makes me think of the pool where when the waters were troubled they would step into the troubled waters and were healed. (Not saying the pool but maybe there is a lesson there in the stepping down in to the troubled water.)

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

a Stoney heart
An renewed heart

which do you think the epistle of Christ is written in? written not with ink but with the Spirit of God? 2 Corinthians 3:2-3

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Stoney heart - Renewed Heart by God

Stoney heart is what those who came from Adam have. So all humans born on earth have a heart whose thoughts, intents, imaginations, are evil from his youth. This was revealed by God Himself in Gen. 8:21. And biblical history testifies that the heart grows to be hard, that is, stoney so to speak. The video I would say have a good description as to what the stoney heart is made of or consist of.

Renewed heart, or perhaps a new heart, or circumcised heart, is what those who were born of God have, those created anew by God in Christ Jesus, those who have the Holy Spirit in them. The video I would say have a good description as to what the renewed heart is made of or consist of. It has nothing that is in the stoney heart.

Having said that, I take note that a person gets to have the renewed heart, not by anything that he does, but by the doing of God. There is a transformation. It is God who transform. And as it is transformed, there is an outward manifestation of such inner transformation on the person. Where he previously is not kind, long suffering, forgiving, etc., he becomes kind, patient, merciful, etc.

Glory and thanks be to God!

Tong
R4314

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you sharing. Each of you your insight.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Upfront, didn't view the video...so not in consideration of an others thoughts.

My thoughts;
A stoney heart...would be likened to a person by happenstance...HEARING "ABOUT" Jesus.

By Happenstance, meaning; From the time, 2,000+ years ago, to this day... the Name JESUS, has been Heard among men.

So, I consider, "the Difference", between HEARING JESUS' name mentioned, and men claiming this JESUS being mentioned, BEING the SAVIOR of men.....and men WHO...
....HEAR JESUS" WORD.

Thereafter, I consider, "the Difference" between men WHO; HEAR LITTLE, (as in Jesus' day...the crowds gathered, mixed with FOLLOWERS who HAD been HEARING repeatedly "and" the CURIOUS, who virtually had not HEARD, "any" of His Words.

There, I consider... "The Difference"... between a "Consistant" Listener, gaining more knowledge, AND a first time Listener, who "walks away with LITTLE knowledge, having Decided REJECTION".

"THE STONEY HEART"...
IMO, is a natural heart, that is stubborn, that is unwilling to HEAR ALL the Spiritual Knowledge being Offered, ** but rather is content with their Worldly Knowledge being already proved successful to in "their lives experience".

It's a PERSONAL matter;
* For some men...A body is born, it lives, it dies...the end. Nothing more to consider.

* For some men...A body is born, it lives....
(And they wonder, they question....HOW did this all come about??)
Science is interesting, and does many wonderful things in discovery....
* BUT, BUT, BUT...nothing scientific HAS created ...another earth, another sun, stars, etc...
* SO WHERE did "SUCH THINGS COME FROM"...?
* AND WHAT exactly, IS REPEATEDLY accredited, AS THE SOURCE, FOR WHERE such things COME FROM?
* THE SOURCE...the Lord God Almighty.
* THE COMPETITION...with implications of a Different "SOURCE" ? man-kind.

It lands on a personal choice....
Worthy to believe, A creator God?
OR
Worthy to believe, A created man?....(who by the way, has NEVER duplicated creation of an earth, heavens, sun, stars, etc.)

A "Circumcised, Renewed, Heart" ?
IMO, IS an Offering, of a Gift from God, FOR, one who is Freely Willing, to OPEN their EARS, TO HEAR and LISTEN...
"TO" the WORD of God, "in continuance"...TO the POINT...
THEY are "ASSURED", THEY are freely willing TO OPEN THEIR MOUTH, to "COMMIT" by "HEARFUL CONFESSION" of "THEIR" Belief "IN, OF, TO", the Lord God Almighty...and ACCEPT HIS "offered" WORKS, "With and IN" the individual.

Glory to God,
Taken

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Your video makes me think of Ezekiel 36:25-27 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. [26] A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. [27] And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Psalm 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

i get the angst because I’ve been told the heart of stone was only to the Jews. But I don’t know how that can be because there was an undeniable hardness in my heart. And I’ve also been up against the hardness of heart in others also. I’m not sure how anyone could have been in the world for long and never experienced a stony heart where nothing penetrates.
Interestingly, you mentioned Ezekiel 36:25-27.

I’d just like to point out to the reader to read the whole of Ezekiel 36. You will be amazed why God will do all that, all just as He said there He’ll do.

Tong
R4319

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interestingly, you mentioned Ezekiel 36:25-27.

I’d just like to point out to the reader to read the whole of Ezekiel 36. You will be amazed why God will do all that, all just as He said there He’ll do.

Tong
R4319

And thou, son of man, prophesy unto the mountains of Israel, and say, Ye mountains of Israel, hear the word of Jehovah.

Why does He say “the mountains of Israel”? Hear the word of the Lord …you mountains of Israel?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Almost sounds like…mountains are tall, proud, unmoving men?

makes me think of “moved with compassion”

Matthew 18:27-35 Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt. [28] But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest. [29] And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all. [30] And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt. [31] So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done. [32] Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me: [33] Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee? [34] And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him. [35] So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, He begins getting us to that. How He does it is a miracle since we always come up with all these justifications for why our case with someone else is different.

we can see others so clearly but not ourselves clearly…

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt. [28] But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest. [29] And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all. [30] And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.

“Have patience with me…” makes me think of “for you have need of patience”…
Hebrews 10:35-39 Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. [36] For you have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, you might receive the promise. [37] For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry. [38] Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. [39] But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t know if everyone is like this but, if you ask me to picture what some person I know looks like in my mind, I can do it. But if you ask me to picture what my face looks like, there’s a blank.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus