Stop Warring against each other's interpretation of scripture!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everything around us is escalating very rapidly and prophesy for the end times are being fulfilled as we speak.
We are instructed by the Apostle Paul to be as one in the body.
There are several places that address the body of Christ and how we must all work together in one mind, in one accord...
I want to start with 1 Corinthians 2 as my foundation to build on...
Continue to next post....

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 3 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹ And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
² I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
³ For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
⁴ For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
⁵ Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
⁶ I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
⁷ So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.
⁸ Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.
⁹ For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

So where Paul used himself and Apollos as example we could use Baptist and Methodist....Pentecost and Catholic....
The point he is stressing is it doesn't amount to much whether you are taught by a Baptist Pastor or a Pentecostal Pastor....what matters is the foundation that is laid and built upon which is the Gospel of Jesus and the message of salvation.
So as Paul pointed out...one plants, another waters...but both are together as one and it is necessary for both to be in agreement....but the increase or the fruit from what was planted and watered comes from God Himself by His Holy Spirit.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I have time to add this.....
Look at these next verses....it is important to understand that the foundation should be the same no matter which denomination is teaching it....however, what is built upon that foundation is where many go astray...
This is what will be tested or tried by fire as to whether it stands or falls...

1 Corinthians 3 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹⁰ According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
¹¹ For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
¹² Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
¹³ Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
¹⁴ If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
¹⁵ If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everything around us is escalating very rapidly and prophesy for the end times are being fulfilled as we speak.
We are instructed by the Apostle Paul to be as one in the body.
There are several places that address the body of Christ and how we must all work together in one mind, in one accord...
I want to start with 1 Corinthians 2 as my foundation to build on...
Continue to next post....
Amen sister, we should, as Paul did, 'know nothing but Jesus Christ and him crucified'. No eloquent words...which is the flesh- and why many the church's are dead :( all because IMHO they are doing it all through the flesh so, the Spirit dries up and leaves. Been far and few between that I have heard a teacher or preacher bring life into their sermons. I know they are out there, just not common.
Human wisdom vs. Gods wisdom...humans lose out every time!!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the final versus of chapter 3 explains that we are the Temple of God....and we should all be united as one faith, one body...

1 Corinthians 3 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹⁶ Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
¹⁷ If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
¹⁸ Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
¹⁹ For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
²⁰ And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.
²¹ Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;
²² Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours;
²³ And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now I have to point this out about verse 17....“If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.”
— 1 Corinthians 3:17 (KJV)
This would be one of those scriptures that some people claim contradicts other scripture such as in Matthew....“Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.”
— Matthew 15:11 (KJV)

I don't know the actual Hebrew or Greek word used for defile but in these 2 scriptures where defile is used in both are completely different from one another.
In Corinthians defining the temple of God is specifically referring to Matthew 15 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹⁶ And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?
¹⁷ Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?
¹⁸ But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
¹⁹ For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
²⁰ These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

Where as the verse in Corinthians was more about foods and drinks that a person consumes.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay that's where I want to stop for now....
I moderate and take action many times on members who cannot have a debate or discussion with anyone of different doctrines....
These petty differences are what is keeping the Body of Christ disfunctional.....
So let's consider this....if the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of TRUTH and teaches us all things....and God is the one who increases that which is planted and watered....then why do argue with one another if they don't agree with your doctrine?
Is it your doctrine that we are to lay as our foundation or is it Christ....is it your doctrine that causes one to grow spiritually or is it God....is it your doctrine that leads to all truth or is it the Holy Spìrit????????

I know scripture teaches that we should not follow doctrines of men....so I suppose any doctrine differences are man made and should be avoided anyway...

I am zealous for a body of believers coming together as one like on the Day of Pentecost....and see the power of God move upon the people like He did back then

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Stop Warring against each other's interpretation of scripture!
While I full agree that all Christians should be in one accord and of one mind, the sad fact is that Christian forums are in fact spiritual battlegrounds. Which means that there is spiritual warfare on all forums (not just here).

Now when someone comes along and says "Jesus is NOT God" that is a message from Satan. The Koran says exactly the same thing. So what should be the response? The response should be "That is a lie from Satan, since Jesus is indeed fully God as well as fully sinless Man". And here is the proof:

And without controversy
great is the mystery of godliness:

God (Theos) was manifest in the flesh [took human form],
justified in the Spirit,
seen of angels,
preached unto the Gentiles,
believed on in the world,
received up into glory.
(1 Timothy 3:16 KJB only)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @Heart2Soul. I'm not much of the understanding of the prophecy of the bible. Never really followed it. But this should be an interesting thread. Maybe I'll learn something.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
that we should not follow doctrines of men....so I suppose any doctrine differences are man made and should be avoided anyway...

I am zealous for a body of believers coming together as one like on the Day of Pentecost....and see the power of God move upon the people like He did back then

Heya H2S,

How ya been?

Do you mean like this?

1673820055290.png

World Youth Day 2002 - Wikipedia

Pax et Bonum

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Okay that's where I want to stop for now....
I moderate and take action many times on members who cannot have a debate or discussion with anyone of different doctrines....
These petty differences are what is keeping the Body of Christ disfunctional.....
So let's consider this....if the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of TRUTH and teaches us all things....and God is the one who increases that which is planted and watered....then why do argue with one another if they don't agree with your doctrine?
Is it your doctrine that we are to lay as our foundation or is it Christ....is it your doctrine that causes one to grow spiritually or is it God....is it your doctrine that leads to all truth or is it the Holy Spìrit????????

I know scripture teaches that we should not follow doctrines of men....so I suppose any doctrine differences are man made and should be avoided anyway...

Keeping in mind that it was only a remnant out of all Israel in the upper room that day.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Nancy,

I Corinthians 2:2 - For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

That's been my motto since last year. I'm a missionary in the field of life.
Well, God bless and thank you for going when He said "go"! He said to all of us, amen!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keeping in mind that it was only a remnant out of all Israel in the upper room that day.
Well a first time meeting of people coming together and who have converted to Christianity I would say that was a pretty large attendance.

Reactions: Philip James

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @Heart2Soul. I'm not much of the understanding of the prophecy of the bible. Never really followed it. But this should be an interesting thread. Maybe I'll learn something.
I hear ya...I keep watch because I know what to expect and what is coming after... I remember in 1999 my cousin and her family prepping all year long stocking up food and supplies and buying generators to prepare for Y2K.
I asked why are you doing this? Answer is the computers will shutdown and Armageddon will begin and Jesus will come and rapture us.

I said, cuz...we went to the same church, heard the same sermons, and read the same bible....did we not?
Well I know without a doubt that Jesus isn't coming on New Years Day 2000 because there are too many prophesies that haven't been fulfilled. These have to happen first.
I believe God could cause it all to happen suddenly...but I also believe He gave us the warning to watch for these signs to know the time is near. And Jesus specifically gave us a very significant sign to watch for....the abomination of Desolation as spoken by the prophet Daniel.

So I didn't store up for Y2K because I trusted His Word over what media and TV evangelists were saying.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stop Warring against each other's interpretation of scripture! ... We are instructed by the Apostle Paul to be as one in the body.
Had a Providential meeting at a restaurant last night with a brother in Christ. Invited him to join us as he waited for his female friend to arrive. When she did, he asked her if she wanted a separate table or to fellowship with siblings in Christ.

3.5 hours later we called it a night.

I learned he is a Baptist and she is nondenominational. He asserted several times his conception of one true set of doctrines. I knew I did not invite him to join us for dinner to debate doctrine. Great conversation! We covered applying Biblical principles in our lives, serving the Lord and deeply personal trials or thorns in our side.

When Marc returned from the bathroom, after explaining why October was the worst month of his life, that even his female friend had no idea, I made the joking comment, 'It's too bad strangers can only have superficial conversations.' He replied without skipping a beat that 'strangers can only have superficial conversations but brothers can talk about anything.' :cool:

Maybe online we get too much into the weeds (details). Then again, maybe getting into the details is why people participate in online forums? Great thread Heart!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Had a Providential meeting at a restaurant last night with a brother in Christ. Invited him to join us as he waited for his female friend to arrive. When she did, he asked her if she wanted a separate table or to fellowship with siblings in Christ.

3.5 hours later we called it a night.

I learned he is a Baptist and she is nondenominational. He asserted several times his conception of one true set of doctrines. I knew I did not invite him to join us for dinner to debate doctrine. Great conversation! We covered applying Biblical principles in our lives, serving the Lord and deeply personal trials or thorns in our side.

When Marc returned from the bathroom, after explaining why October was the worst month of his life, that even his female friend had no idea, I made the joking comment, 'It's too bad strangers can only have superficial conversations.' He replied without skipping a beat that 'strangers can only have superficial conversations but brothers can talk about anything.' :cool:

Maybe online we get too much into the weeds (details). Then again, maybe getting into the details is why people participate in online forums? Great thread Heart!
That is some very wise words there...thanks for sharing it
I think you are hitting the nail on the head about forum fellowship versus person to person. And I have been deceived by what I perceived to be a genuine concern and care about my more personal topics when all it ended up being is being used for favor and gain.

Remember Stranger? I don't know what happened with him but he was always rebuking me on my threads....nevertheless he struck me as very respectful and kind. I sent him a PM with some private and personal information to share with him. And after that he was like a big brother always checking up on me.

Sometimes crossing that threshold where you keep things private and out of public view, is where you form new friendships....the barriers come down because both of you realize just how normal and how much alike we all really are