Stop Warring against each other's interpretation of scripture!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Stop Warring against each other's interpretation of scripture!​

But then, what else would we get into a p***ing match over?

Last edited:

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Stop Warring against each other's interpretation of scripture!​

But then, what else would we get into a peeing match over?
If we were to have those curious in Christianity read posts such as this I can imagine the first thought as... "Run fer yer lives!" Does anyone think of the impact they have on others in their postings?

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we were to have those curious in Christianity read posts such as this I can imagine the first thought as... "Run fer yer lives!" Does anyone think of the impact they have on others in their postings?
Nah. They might as well know the truth. This constant bickering over doctrine and scriptural interpretation? This is who we REALLY are, as two thousand years of church history amply bears witness. I don't know about you, but I can't wear the mask anymore.

To be honest, I no longer have any illusions about whether my posts have any impact on anybody. But in a way, it's rather freeing. I can say what I think - because nobody is really listening.

Last edited:

FactsPlease

Jan 19, 2023
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There’s no biblical justification for a statement like this.

The message from Satan is denying Jesus is the Christ:

“Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.” (1 John 2:22)

I have scriptural authority.

Where’s yours?
Care to try that 'scriptural authority' on me?

FactsPlease

Jan 19, 2023
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nah. They might as well know the truth. This constant bickering over doctrine and scriptural interpretation? That's who we REALLY are, as two thousand years of church history amply bears witness. I don't know about you, but I can't wear the mask anymore.

To be honest, I no longer have any illusions about whether my posts have any impact on anybody. But in a way, it's rather freeing. I can say what I want - because nobody is really listening.
SOME people are!
But is what you say TRUTH or church dogma....

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nah. They might as well know the truth. This constant bickering over doctrine and scriptural interpretation? This is who we REALLY are, as two thousand years of church history amply bears witness. I don't know about you, but I can't wear the mask anymore.

To be honest, I no longer have any illusions about whether my posts have any impact on anybody. But in a way, it's rather freeing. I can say what I think - because nobody is really listening.
More than what you think...

33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.
34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned. - Matthew 12

Noting the words... That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus sat with sinners and unbelievers. But most importantly the topic is for here and now...this forum and the members of it. If a member identifies as a Christian then he/she is welcomed and encouraged to join in the discussions at hand...or create their own thread.
The forums attract members from all over the world and from many different denominational doctrines. And most every denomination that is Christian preaches Christ and gospel of salvation...the differences between their doctrine and your doctrine is where the strife begins.
As you notice, there is no denomination to choose on your profile page. And that is on purpose.
We want everyone to come and share and gain a sense of belonging. To be encouraged and edified.
And for our non-christian members it is an opportunity to meet them and minister Jesus love to them.
They are not allowed to post in the Christian section.
So I see so many come here with the mentality to defend the "truth"....whose truth? Theirs...and they start off from the very beginning creating strife.
I understand you not wanting to fellowship with unbelievers but everyone here is a believer.
Well, what you say seems very good to me: although a Christian thinks that a belief is unbiblical, it does not mean that he rejects or mistreats the person who professes it.

Hopefully and a greater tolerance is applied in the forum, especially with Jehovah's Witnesses, whom some offend a lot around here.

:Bestest:

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There will always be conflict between those who make an effort to be knowledgeable and informed.

And those who make no effort to gain knowledge who believe its acceptable to simply repeat narratives they receive from CNN, Fox News or other official sources.

The only way we achieve unity is if everyone makes an effort to seek knowledge and truth.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There will always be conflict between those who make an effort to be knowledgeable and informed.

And those who make no effort to gain knowledge who believe its acceptable to simply repeat narratives they receive from CNN, Fox News or other official sources.

The only way we achieve unity is if everyone makes an effort to seek knowledge and truth.
I believe and anxiously wait for the Holy Spirit to unite us in one mind, one faith, one accord. For the restoration and refreshing that will come.
Haggai 2 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁴ Yet now be strong, O Zerubbabel, saith the LORD; and be strong, O Joshua, son of Josedech, the high priest; and be strong, all ye people of the land, saith the LORD, and work: for I am with you, saith the LORD of hosts:
⁵ According to the word that I covenanted with you when ye came out of Egypt, so my spirit remaineth among you: fear ye not.
For thus saith the LORD of hosts; Yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land;
⁷ And I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come: and I will fill this house with glory, saith the LORD of hosts.

⁸ The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the LORD of hosts.
The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the LORD of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, saith the LORD of hosts.

I believe as God separates the wheat from the tares that what will arise from it is a glorified Church that is fit to be called the Bride of Christ.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

How sad. I pray God changes the culture of this forum to that of civility, respect, edification, and love.

Every online christian community is not like that though, as Ive recently discovered. The tone of the posts and the culture differ from group to group.

Reactions: Heart2Soul and Adam

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
More than what you think...

33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.
34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned. - Matthew 12

Noting the words... That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
Are forums such as this, not a good way for Christ to determine who we really are? When we are anonymous, we can be our true selves, speaking what is in our hearts, whereas in person we can put on a mask and pretend to be what we are not.

Posters will reveal their true identity in these places and Christ will have his evidence plainly stated in every word....and so will the readers.

All subjects should be allowed to be discussed within forum rules about personal attacks and abusive language. Ban the poster who cannot exhibit self control, but allow all subjects to be honestly examined.....there is no point in living in an echo chamber.....if we cannot defend our faith then we have no faith at all. By allowing open discussion we either confirm our faith, or we see its flaws.....either way we benefit. (John 6:65)

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The moderator doesn’t want another Trinity discussion here.

But why don’t you search the subject. I have thoroughly stood toe to toe with the opposition by the Word of God.
Having researched many subjects extensively, it is my experience that the word of God stands alone.....it is never at fault....it is the interpretation of it that makes for dissension, and takes people down the wrong path. Jesus clearly stated that there are only two roads (Matt 7:13-14)......the right one and the wrong one.....one leads to life, the other to death. The choices we make are so important. We cannot make them without full knowledge of what we believe and why we believe it.

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I believe and anxiously wait for the Holy Spirit to unite us in one mind, one faith, one accord. For the restoration and refreshing that will come.
Haggai 2 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁴ Yet now be strong, O Zerubbabel, saith the LORD; and be strong, O Joshua, son of Josedech, the high priest; and be strong, all ye people of the land, saith the LORD, and work: for I am with you, saith the LORD of hosts:
⁵ According to the word that I covenanted with you when ye came out of Egypt, so my spirit remaineth among you: fear ye not.
For thus saith the LORD of hosts; Yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land;
⁷ And I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come: and I will fill this house with glory, saith the LORD of hosts.

The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the LORD of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, saith the LORD of hosts.

I believe as God separates the wheat from the tares that what will arise from it is a glorified Church that is fit to be called the Bride of Christ.

Reactions: Philip James

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Haggai 2 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

I believe that Bride of Christ already exists and can be seen, especially in our brothers and sisters who have gone before us, and now live at the eternal Feast.

She is fit because her Husband has made her fit and clothed her in Glory! And who can argue with His judgements?

"My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord;

my spirit rejoices in God my savior.

For he has looked upon his handmaid's lowliness; behold, from now on will all ages call me blessed.

The Mighty One has done great things for me, and holy is his name.

His mercy is from age to age to those who fear him.

He has shown might with his arm, dispersed the arrogant of mind and heart.

He has thrown down the rulers from their thrones but lifted up the lowly.

The hungry he has filled with good things; the rich he has sent away empty.

He has helped Israel his servant, remembering his mercy,

according to his promise to our fathers, to Abraham and to his descendants forever."

Pax et Bonum

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet, I again go back to the idea that unless someone specifically asks you, they probably don't want to hear your opinion.
We are generally the ones who place high value on our own opinions. Others maybe not so much.

Much love!

Reactions: Heart2Soul