Strange Comet

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
STRANGE COMET: Astronomers around the world agree, Comet 17P/Holmes is one of the strangest things ever to explode in the night sky. It's a comet, yet it looks like a planet with a golden core and a green atmosphere:"The comet was yellow and green, and very bright Yesterday, Comet Holmes shocked sky watchers with a spectacular eruption, brightening almost a million-fold from 17th to 2.5th magnitude in a matter of hours. The comet is now visible to the naked eye--even from light polluted cities--high in the northern sky after sunset: finder chart. The golden hue of Holmes' core is probably the color of sunlight scattered by comet dust, while the green fringe likely signifies an atmosphere rich in diatomic carbon and cyanogen (substances found in many green comets). There are reports that the fuzzball is expanding and taking on a lopsided shape--the first signs of a tail? Amateur astronomers are encouraged to monitor developments. After sunset, point your backyard telescope at the extra "star" in the thigh of Perseus.

Lookin4wardtoHeaven

Jul 17, 2007
Hi Kriss, Yesterday around 7pm eastern time , I looked outside and the sky was very bright and had a redish color to it , it is usually dark at that time. The sky stayed that way for 30 mintues. It was amazing to me. Could this comet have anything to do with it? God:blessyou:

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I dont know Lookin4ward But it is certainly a strange thing even the scientist do not know what to make of itthe heavens are for signs as well as seasons lets watch and see what happens God often sends us a sign before a major events

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
What is happening to this comet? It remains a mystery.It's a mystery you can behold with your naked eye. Step outside after sunset, face north, and look for the extra "star" in the thigh of Perseus: sky map. Comet Holmes is similar in brightness and appearance to the stars of the Big Dipper, very easy to see. If expansion of the spherical cloud continues, Holmes could soon become a naked eye disk rather than a dimensionless point of light. Stay tuned.

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
Man, in his "wisdom" tries to explain God's wondrous creation. A story I read today said that scientists have found a "cold spot" in space that is probably left over from the "Big Bang". I thought all of space was cold, but what do I know?
rolleyes.gif
The article title is "Cold spot could be relic of Big Bang".

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
GIANT COMET: Comet 17P/Holmes has been relentlessly expanding since its explosion on Oct 23rd and now it spans an angle in the sky almost half as wide as the full Moon. Actually, the comet is even bigger than it looks. While the Moon is a mere 240 thousand miles away, Comet Holmes is 150 million miles from Earth. The comet's physical diameter is thus seven times wider than the planet Jupiter--and it is still expanding.Anyone with a backyard telescope can watch it grow. After sunset, point your 'scope at the 3rd-magnitude fuzzball in the constellation Perseus: Finding the comet is no problem. The only question is, will it fit in the eyepiece?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
What Bullinger says about the constelation of Perseus that this comet is in Below is info from Bullinger'sThe Witness of the Stars"PERSEUS ("The Breaker")"The Breaker" delivering the redeemedHere we have set before us a mighty man, called in the Hebrew Peretz, from which we have the Greek form Perses, or Perseus (Rom 16:13). It is the same word which is used of Christ in Micah 2:13. When He shall surely "gather the remnant of Israel" (v 12), it is written--"THE BREAKER is gone up before them...Their King is passed on before them,And the LORD at the head of them."This is what is pictured to us here. We see a glorious "Breaker" taking His place before His redeemed, breaking forth at their head, breaking down all barriers, and breaking the heads of Leviathan and all his hosts. In His right hand He has His "sore, and great, and strong sword" lifted up to smite and break down the enemy. He has wings on His feet, which tell us that He is coming very swiftly. In His left hand He carries the head of the enemy, whom he has slain.In the Denderah Zodiac His Name is Kar Knem, he who fights and subdues.It is a beautiful constellation of 59 stars, two of which are of the 2nd magnitude, four of the 3rd, twelve of the 4th, etc.Their names supply us with the key to the interpretation of the picture.The star a (in the waist) is called Mirfak, who helps. The next, g (in the right shoulder), is named Al Genib, which means who carries away. The bright star in the left foot is called Athik, who breaks!In his left hand he carries a head, which, by perversion, the Greeks called the head of Medusa, being ignorant that ***its Hebrew root meant the trodden under foot.*** It is also called Rosh Satan (Hebrew), the head of the adversary, and Al Oneh (Arabic), the subdued, or Al Ghoul, the evil spirit. The bright star, b (in this head), has come down to us with the name Al Gol, which means *** rolling round. ***"

Mike1111Mike

Sep 20, 2007
If we are still around then, in 2012 Our Solar system is to pass thru the center of the "Galactic Plane," and maybee as a natural consequence we will see more celestial phenomena. If God has a celistial almost-knockout punch in store for us or not, God only knows.Our Sun travels thru the Milky way at 19km per second, and twice every 25,920 platonic years of 12 zodiac ages, do we pass thru the galactic plane. Based on observational science, Becuase I believe God spoke a physical universe into being, which may have any apearance of age, and or of cycles, which God intended for it to have, and thus of it's aparent signs and wonders.But as the Solar wind sends out highly charged particles, which cause commets to have tails which glow, does the galactic plane also have it's own version of outward traveling particle and or energy waves, which will cause the number of odd celectial objects we observe to increase, as we aproach the date of 2012.And without Catholic Bashing, which is a subject I do not engage in to be meanspirited, but because I truly oppose the Catholic Church with such a deep conviction, I do not believe it could possibly be any deeper.However, I also believe that "Catholic Prophecies," are mearly lies of the Enemy, which I believe the Catholic Church is so intuned with "channeling," them to the world, that the "Dancing Sun," they have had many Catholics see, could possibly be none other than a pole shift, brought about by a devestating celestial impact, because the Sun, which is 99.998% of the mass of our solar system would not dance in the sky ( unless God wanted it to ), but would rather apear to do so from the earth, if we were to experience a pole shift, or more luckily ( planetarily speaking ) just wild orbital wobbles, if temporarily gravitationaly locked in a dance, with a large passing celestial body, which would cause such devestation, and lightning bolts even between the two passing bodies which would not be believed if not seen, but would also account for the aparent dance within their visions from at the very least I would call questionable and evil sources at that.However even though I do not believe in luck, The more lucky event as it would seem as a possibility, would be no luckier for earth at all:Because as a result of that Lucifer, could then also be cast down to earth, to be the one to repair the devestated world system.Just some thoughts.May Christ Richly Bless Those Who Truly Love Hime, Amen. :bible::study: :shepard:

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(kriss;21900)
Awesome pic of comethttp://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap071105.html
http://spaceweather3.com/ NEWS FLASH! "Is Comet 17P/Holmes losing its tail?" asks Italian astronomer Paolo Berardi. "Last night I recorded an image showing a big disconnection event that was not present on Nov 8th.Jack Newton of the Arizona Sky Village saw it, too "The comet has a huge eruption moving along its tail. Holmes is more bizarre with each passing day."This event does not necessarily signal a new outburst of Comet Holmes. Comet tails can be disconnected by gusts of solar wind which trigger magnetic storms around the comet akin to geomagnetic storms which fuel auroras on Earth. Such a storm and disconnection was observed earlier this year in the tail of Comet Enc

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Because as a result of that Lucifer, could then also be cast down to earth, to be the one to repair the devestated world system.{QUOTE}I think as we are told to be watchmen this is something we need to watch it is interesting indeed

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Comet Holmes erupted again on Christmas Eve though it is farther away from us so its not much brighter (it is still naked eye event in a Dark area) it is now the size of 6 to 8 suns.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
(kriss;28502)
Comet Holmes erupted again on Christmas Eve though it is farther away from us so its not much brighter (it is still naked eye event in a Dark area) it is now the size of 6 to 8 suns.
Happy New Year Kriss,I haven't heard much about Comet Holmes for a few weeks and assumed it was disappearing. Where did you hear or read about this Christmas Eve eruption? ....Whirlwind

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Thank you whrilwind may I send the same to you It was some science site I was reading will see if I can find the link again