Strange teachings

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit only reveals the truth to born again believers who have chosen to follow Jesus or to those who are sincerely seeking the truth. Jesus is the Truth.
How does that work? It's not like Jesus is a secret.
And if he alone is the truth, how can you add anything to that?
What can be revealed to you that isn't already known.

Don't get me wrong.
I understand what you mean, it's the explanation that falls flat.

/

Last edited:

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nyctinasty noun : plant movement (such as the closing of a flower's petals or the reorientation of a leaf's position) that occurs in response to changes in light intensity (such as the onset of darkness) and that typically involves changes in cellular turgor : the nastic movement of the parts of some plants that occurs in the absence of a directional stimulus and that is associated with the plant's circadian cycle
I wonder if there is a spiritual application here? What if the light was spiritual rather than physical?
Do we reorient ourselves when exposed to spiritual light? I hope so.

And to stay on topic, what if that spiritual light is a new teaching? Something "strange" to us?

/

Reactions: Chadrho

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Did that answer the question, "What is truth?" ???

If so, how can you add anything to that and call it truth? What becomes of true truth? POOF!

/
The Holy Spirit within us enables us to discern what is the true gospel and what is a false gospel. But obviously you must have that indwelling of the Holy Spirit for that to happen and he only indwells true Christians and not those who only think they are.

Of course this personal relationship with Jesus is available to all who want it. Not all do and not all are told that they can have it.

Reactions: Debp

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How does that work? It's not like Jesus is a secret.
And if he alone is the truth, how can you add anything to that?
What can be revealed to you that isn't already known.

Don't get me wrong.
I understand what you mean, it's the explanation that falls flat.

/
I'm sorry @St. SteVen I don't know what you are getting at. Jesus is not a secret but he is not known personally by all who may call themselves Christian. The Holy Spirit is the helper and he helps us in all sorts of way by giving us a new, fresh understanding of a scripture we may have read many times before.

Reactions: Debp

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit within us enables us to discern what is the true gospel and what is a false gospel. But obviously you must have that indwelling of the Holy Spirit for that to happen and he only indwells true Christians and not those who only think they are.
I don't think the Spirit distinguishes between doctrines. Doctrines are man-made anyway.
No one is saved by doctrine.

Interesting to see all the qualifiers you and many Christians use to defend their tribalism.

Since I have been presenting you with challenging questions, do you doubt my salvation?
I imagine we have many areas to disagree on doctrinally. Do you discriminate?

/

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit is the helper and he helps us in all sorts of way by giving us a new, fresh understanding of a scripture we may have read many times before.
That's a great point to help me explain what I mean. Thanks.

Was your understanding of the scripture in question true before you gained further revelation?
Or was your understanding false before you gained the new understanding?

/

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. They can’t all be right!...LOL.

2. I guess being Born Again to one is different to another?

3. I can only go by the Living word of God...imo/ belief.

Point 1. 2. I'm hoping all can agree upon.
Point 3. Danger ahead. If your "Living WORD" is the 'dead letters' of the bible. Then you better know the 'jots and tittles' a
whole lot better than I see represented here. :My2c:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Point 1. 2. I'm hoping all can agree upon.
Point 3. Danger ahead. If your "Living WORD" is the 'dead letters' of the bible. Then you better know the 'jots and tittles' a
whole lot better than I see represented here. :My2c:
Born Again imo/ belief is so simple to understand, it’s not complicated at all.

As long as one has been birthed in the Spirit, by Almighty God!......which cannot be proven.....it’s the Spirit that bears / witness with our spirit....makes perfect sense to me as it’s the Living word of God delivered straight to our heart....which is a Honour and Privilege....to be a child of the most High!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Brakelite and Debp

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think the Spirit distinguishes between doctrines. Doctrines are man-made anyway.

Interesting to see all the qualifiers you and many Christians use to defend their tribalism.

Since I have been presenting you with challenging questions, do you doubt my salvation?

/
Brother....you are a joy...and I love your challenging me....I also LOVED you testimony..and related to it 100% ....remember the enemy...many a time he used to tell me it was all in my emotions, this Born Again business.

You and I had the Living word of God delivered straight to our heart and it penetrated...the enemy can NEVER erase God’s word from our heart....he will if he can play havoc with our minds , don’t let him in!!

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the Truth, he is also the Way and the Life.

John 14:6
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
ooooh that was a good answer. BIBLICAL even. Question; How do you answer 'THEY who say' YOU are a heretic and follow the WRONG JESUS?

I'll tell you how I answer. I QUOTE SCRIPTURE.

1CO 11:19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

And then I tell them I'm in good company with another NT 'self confessed heretic'. And I quote the one who wrote that last verse

ACT 24:14 But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

Then I get my sword out and cut whatever "THEY" said, to make them wonder what JESUS "they" are following. Good THEY probably should have done that sooner....I believe I have. :eek:

Reactions: Pearl

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit only reveals the truth to born again believers who have chosen to follow Jesus or to those who are sincerely seeking the truth. Jesus is the Truth.
GREAT ANSWER....Now you just need to listen to me, because HE'S who I've learned everything from (IMHO) so we shouldn't disagree at all....right?

EDIT
OOPS, sorry I'm still catching up here. I see Bro Steven answered you with the very same answer I just gave in the very next post.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brother....you are a joy...and I love your challenging me....
Good to hear.
Some fine folks on the forum don't appreciate my "help". - LOL

I also LOVED you testimony..and related to it 100% ....remember the enemy...many a time he used to tell me it was all in my emotions, this Born Again business.
AMEN to that!

You and I had the Living word of God delivered straight to our heart and it penetrated...the enemy can NEVER erase God’s word from our heart....he will if he can play havoc with our minds , don’t let him in!!
AMEN, AMEN.
Like I sometimes say...

We cannot by an act of our own will undo what only God could do in the first place.
Even in the case of reprobation, it is His choice not ours. And he is still the Good Shepherd.
Who leaves the ninety-nine to go after the one, And carries them back to the fold.

OSAS forever. Loud and proud.

/

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Good to hear.
Some fine folks on the forum don't appreciate my "help". - LOL

AMEN to that!

AMEN, AMEN.
Like I sometimes say...

We cannot by an act of our own will undo what only God could do in the first place.
Even in the case of reprobation, it is His choice not ours. And he is still the Good Shepherd.
Who leaves the ninety-nine to go after the one, And carries them back to the fold.

OSAS forever. Loud and proud.

/
AMEN!!!!

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born Again imo/ belief is so simple to understand, it’s not complicated at all.

As long has one has been birthed in the Spirit, by Almighty God!......which cannot be proven.....it’s the Spirit that bears / witness with our spirit....makes perfect sense to me as it’s the Living word of God delivered straight to our heart....which is a Honour and Privilege....to be a child of the most High!!
Sooo simple? Then why do you continune to capitalize "birthed in the Spirit"? "jot and tittle". I thought capitalization was reserved for the Spirit of God or the Holy Spirit of God. I didn't know GOD's Spirit needed to be 'born again'.

Simple often is as shallow or deeep as the person who is speaking. No offense meant, so if you take offense....that's on you not me.
We all float in our little boats in the sea of OFFENSE. And as long as we keep those offensive waters out of our boats we can be in UNITY in that sea. But when you let those waters IN YOUR boat you threaten your own self with sinking.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sooo simple? Then why do you continune to capitalize "birthed in the Spirit"? "jot and tittle". I thought capitalization was reserved for the Spirit of God or the Holy Spirit of God. I didn't know GOD's Spirit needed to be 'born again'.
God births our spirit into the Holy Spirit...therefore birthed in/ by the Holy Spirit...supernatural act of God....it’s our spirit that are Born Again..which are then saved from eternal damnation....the Holy Spirit Lives in our spirit/ taken up permanent residence........by the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit...very simple to understand..LOL...you just need that Living word from God...who opens our hearts and testifies with our spirit, that we are his children as he indwells us.....our spirit recognises his instantly.....it’s a wonderful reunion back to God...Through the power of the Holy Spirit...he does the will of the Father, he also Glorifies God and Jesus ....we become alive in Spirit...all by his grace and mercy.....
Sorry if the Living word of God offends.

John 3:6
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.

New Living Translation
Humans can reproduce only human life, but the Holy Spirit gives birth to spiritual life.

English Standard Version
That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Berean Standard Bible
Flesh is born of flesh, but spirit is born of the Spirit

Simple often is as shallow or deeep as the person who is speaking. No offense meant, so if you take offense....that's on you not me.

I take NO offence..I’m in the Spirit not the flesh.....
We all float in our little boats in the sea of OFFENSE. And as long as we keep those offensive waters out of our boats we can be in UNITY in that sea. But when you let those waters IN YOUR boat you threaten your own self with sinking.
Yes, when you let the flesh in....God goes out the window.

Will that flesh ever die.!!...LOL.

Remember PRIDE gets in the way of hearing God’s word....He HATES pride....as soon as we let it go...we can then hear his living word..

Pride is a terrible thing....speaking from experience.

God Hates Pride

• God hates pride; we must learn to hate what God hates and to love what God loves. How much do you hate pride?
  • Proverbs 8:13 “To fear the LORD is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behaviour and perverse speech.”
  • Proverbs 11:2 “When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.”
  • Proverbs 16:5 “The LORD detests all the proud of heart. Be sure of this: They will not go unpunished.”
  • Proverbs 16:18 “Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.”
  • God is not out to hurt your pride he is out to kill your pride.

Lord I pray that you have dealt with PRIDE that was in me...and that you humble me...I long to be like your PERFECT Son who laid his life down for me...so that I may find my life in him...through the power of the Holy Spirit...our precious gift from God.

In Jesus Name...Amen!

Last edited:

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sadly a huge number within the realm called christendom is in a cult and have no idea they are in one .
TIS TIME WE BIBLE UP and get busy LEARNING .
Please, I'm curious and ask in sincerity; "which translation of BIBLE do you suggest?" I don't even know how many bibles I have that are scattered in my computer software/pickup/ book library. But I know they're all there because they ALL DISAGREE somewhere. And the more I study the more disagreement I find.

And when you come up against someone who did "BIBLE UP", and they're better at it than you....do you disappear?
Do you go somewhere to 'BEAT UP' someone who didn't "BIBLE UP" as well as you?

I have come to KNOW that 'in the divided church of the last 1300 years EVERYONE IS SOMEBODY'S HERETIC. :(

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You are right on all counts.
Aren't you a Christian too and belonging to a .tribe.?
As long as we agree on the important unchangeable things - Jesus, crucified for our sin and raised from the dead.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That's a great point to help me explain what I mean. Thanks.

Was your understanding of the scripture in question true before you gained further revelation?
Or was your understanding false before you gained the new understanding?

/
I have gained understanding and knowledge over many years and am still learning with a desire to be ever closer to God.

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
RITAJANICE

God births our spirit into the Holy Spirit...therefore birthed in/ by the Holy Spirit...supernatural act of God....it’s our spirit that are Born Again.....by the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit...very simple to understand..LOL...you just need that Living word from God...
Sorry if the Living word of God offends.
The Living word never OFFENDS me, and neither have you. That's what I just said in your last post I AM TRYING TO NOT OFFEND YOU sister. You do keep CHALLENGING me though. I say that, because you just don't get past posting the same wrong rhetoric over and over. Along with the same scriptures you just posted...again...and again. WE don't agree because those scriptures don't even support what you're writing....IMO.

The born again 'holy spirit'/'spirit' IN YOU, as an individual, should not be capitalized as you contiually do. Your body is not the body of the Holy Spirit of GOD. Your body is the body for the holy spirit of Christ in you. And WE are the body of Christ. WE, not you not me. Jesus is the head of that body of Christ and that whole 'many membered body' has the same spirit of Christ in it. All the way from its head (Jesus) to the butthole/ME. :p The one that is trying to get through to you.

Your body and my body and everyone else who is born again is one BRICK in the Temple where the HOLY SPIRIT of GOD dwells.

IMPORTANT GRAMMAR lesson;

In the KJV "YE and YOU" is plural meaning WE or US. "THEE and THOU" is singular meaning YOU or ME.

KJV EPH 2:19 Now therefore YE/WE (pl) are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens (pl) with the saints (pl), and of the household (Sg) of God; WE are 'one single household'
20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; Jesus is one stone in that one house
21 In whom all the building (sg) fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple (sg) in the Lord: their is one building/temple
22 In whom YE/US also are builded together for an habitation (sg) of God through the Spirit. WE are the ONE habitation/temple for the Spirit of God to live in!

1PE 2:5 and like living stones (pl) be yourselves built into a spiritual house,(sg) WE/US are building stones for the Spirit of God

You just don't seem to SEE that what you are posting below, isn't supported by what you are 'copy/pasting' concerning the LIVING WORD or these bible verses.
John 3:6
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.

New Living Translation
Humans can reproduce only human life, but the Holy Spirit gives birth to spiritual life.

English Standard Version
That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Berean Standard Bible
Flesh is born of flesh, but spirit is born of the Spirit
Above you are not the upper case Spirit in any of the above verses...you are the lower case spirit.

I take NO offence..I’m in the Spirit not the flesh.....

Yes, when you let the flesh in....God goes out the window.

Will that flesh ever die.!!...LOL.
SO I agree with everything you said, that you don't seem to really understand. Because you just said you aren't going to end up in the grave as a dead body. Really? Might check your cemetary for the stones with crosses, verses, testimonies....and dead CHRISTIANS.

Remember PRIDE gets in the way of hearing God’s word....He HATES pride....as soon as we let it go...we can then hear his living word..
Believe me I know where PRIDE leads. You are talking it right. Just a bit wrong in the walking of it right now if you're thinking of ME and not looking in the MIRROR. ;)
Pride is a terrible thing....speaking from experience.
Yep that's why so many CHRISTIANS are dead flesh in the grave....oh wait it's been happening a bit longer "DUST AND ASHES". Hmmm and what are "dust and ashes"? The only price for sin from the Garden of Eden to the CEMETARIES of today. Every Christian and unbeliever has 'Paid the price for sin'. "thou shalt surely die". Thank God for Jesus atoning sacrifice for ALL who did.

Please don't post so much. I hate posting more than fits on a laptop screen. But the more you write takes way much longer to try to correct. Just saying.

Last edited: