Street Preacher cries out: The soul who continues to sin will die

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thank God for using this man, seen in the video, to speak truth to the world. It was a great day indeed for the Kingdom. No person should be ashamed of hearing this man’s message unless they are of the world (the religious, worldly, civil-minded, peaceful citizens etc.) and not of Christ; they are the fearful and found yet another excuse to run and hide from God as they have done all their lives.

Great video, at a time of the Ash Wednesday/Mardi Gras festivities! Most of the bystanders either mocked him or ran past him quickly.

Bless you,

APAK
"1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing."
1 Corin 13

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This needs to be taught gently in churches not preached on the street. Unless a person is given an alternative to sin...the power of grace...it will sound like condemnation.

Gently in churches is not the place where people need to hear it the most. Those within are already aware. Those outside the church need to hear this too.

Reactions: amadeus

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing."
1 Corin 13

1 John 5
[2] By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.[3] For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Gently in churches is not the place where people need to hear it the most. Those within are already aware. Those outside the church need to hear this too.

If you go to a crowd....without being led by the Spirit in power...and tell them they're all going to hell because they are sinners....you will normally do more harm than good.

The key is to be led by the Spirit...and speak the truth IN LOVE.

Reactions: Willie T

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I thank God for using this man, seen in the video, to speak truth to the world.
I do not watch videos, so will not comment on that. But what you have said is correct.

People must hear the BAD NEWS first before they can appreciate and believe the GOOD NEWS (the Gospel). Paul's epistle to the Romans begins with the BAD NEWS first.

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness (Rom 1:18)

There are far too many preachers who are currently refusing to preach on Hell and eternal damnation as the consequences of unbelief.

Reactions: 07-07-07 and APAK

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But i do believe some people are led to street peaching

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 5
[2] By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.[3] For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
No one is denying the importance of keeping the commandments.
However, becoming a tinkling cymbal only drives people away from Christ.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Very probably you and others here are right on that, but that does not give any of us the right to lay our hands on him, does it? Of course we see a lot of people on this forum laying rough and abusive hands on each other, don't we? I've done it myself, but I hope I have repented when I did.

I wasn't aware I was laying hands on him. I merely made an observation.

D

Dave L

I understand the gospel differently. Using the Lottery as an illustration, the gospel runs parallel to this. Everyone is born with a life time supply of lottery tickets. And the each week they announce winning numbers. And those with the winning numbers step forward to claim their prize.

The gospel works on the same principle. God arbitrarily chose certain sinners for salvation. The gospel preacher announces the winners by describing their characteristics. Whoever believes Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose again from the dead is a winner. (The gospel words are Spirit and life, and impart the new birth to the hearer, 1 Peter 1:23. Repentance imparts the baptism of the Holy Spirit Acts 2:38, already present in the new birth).

The preacher follows this by providing steps to receive the full amount of salvation through repentance, baptism, and holiness of life.

So in contrast to this, I think the street preacher was preaching law and works as a means of salvation.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wasn't aware I was laying hands on him. I merely made an observation.
If we think quietly to ourselves about someone it may not be laying hands on a person, but when we say something either positive or negative or even lukewarm about a person on an open forum, there is a good change it will affect [touch] the person as others read our opinions or statements. This is where being slow to speak is usually good advice, but each of us must make up our own mind:

"Lay hands suddenly on no man, neither be partaker of other men's sins: keep thyself pure." I Tim 5:22

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All flesh is sinful and will continue to sin. But Jesus has already paid for the sins of the whole world. If you believe He did then you are not continuing in sin because they have all been paid for and abolished.

But the message of the religious is that they have become sinless in the sinful flesh and they deserve to be saved. A bunch of hogwsh.

God has now issued a plan of salvation that saves sinners and the religious just can't believe. If I am saved from all the world and not saved from this body of sin then Their is no way for me to be saved.

Luke 18:9-14
The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector 9 Also He spoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
10 "Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.
11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself,'God, I thank You that I am not like other men — extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector.
12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.'
13 And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me a sinner!'
14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."

NKJV

The scriptures do not say the tax collector quit his job ot stopped sinning in the flesh. But that is what the religious will have you believe.

It is obvious to me that the works crowd is like the Pharisee. It is all about them and what they do.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In this video, a street preacher declares what is written: whoever continues in sin will die.

I've not watched the video, however, if your report is correct, then he leaves no place for faith and grace. Ergo, not a complete gospel.

Much love!
mark

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If we think quietly to ourselves about someone it may not be laying hands on a person, but when we say something either positive or negative or even lukewarm about a person on an open forum, there is a good change it will affect [touch] the person as others read our opinions or statements. This is where being slow to speak is usually good advice, but each of us must make up our own mind:

"Lay hands suddenly on no man, neither be partaker of other men's sins: keep thyself pure." I Tim 5:22
My problem is that I am slow to anything because I am autistic.

For example, I took a look at the leadership of the new testament church in the scripture and it took me two years to complete.

I have investigated the second coming of Jesus and 10 years later I am still going.

I, however, consider that a blessing as I tend to not jump to conclusions even though I need the exercise.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My problem is that I am slow to anything because I am autistic.

For example, I took a look at the leadership of the new testament church in the scripture and it took me two years to complete.

I have investigated the second coming of Jesus and 10 years later I am still going.

I, however, consider that a blessing as I tend to not jump to conclusions even though I need the exercise.
Pst- I'm technically austitic too (I say technically because I hate labels). There's nothing wrong with being through as you have been. Don't be ashamed of your studies, your walk with Christ, or yourself.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I would not bring a new convert into a modern church setting...because of fear that they would become worse than they were before. No, it's the church that needs to hear the gospel and the power over sin. Such is the state of affairs.

Reactions: Helen and 07-07-07

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one is denying the importance of keeping the commandments.
However, becoming a tinkling cymbal only drives people away from Christ.
Are you really presenting the true Christ to people or a counterfeit?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you really presenting the true Christ to people or a counterfeit?
That is non-productive question.
Obviously each person here believe that they are following the true Gospel. And obviously there are going to be people who disagree, ranging from peacefully to pulling out pitchforks. Pulling out pitchforks is of course goes no where.
This same could be said for every single Christ professing person out there.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This needs to be taught gently in churches not preached on the street. Unless a person is given an alternative to sin...the power of grace...it will sound like condemnation.
So Paul was wrong to preach on the street or idols.

You want people to hide their faith away in a building.

Personally, I don't think the streetPreacher works today. People see them as fruitcakes to be avoided.

Far more productive to hold a small gathering in a park with a lot of people around. Then you are not in their faces but where they can hear you.

And I hope you realize in most cities you have to go to City Hall or the Police and get a permit.

With that said, you have not answered my question. Do you see yourself as a great teacher or a ruler as the word Episkopos Means? Or Gnostic as I have labeled you?