Strong Delusion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Strong Delusion
Why does God send that ?
To punish all those who stubbornly refuse to love the truth and be saved.

2Th 2:10 and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.

When God's Will and His kindness and generosity are irreversibly held in contempt, what else is there except delusion?

Reactions: Philip James

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed, but where does Moses come into it, or was that a typo in this quote from you earlier?
Moses wrote down the exact words of God called the book of Genesis. Moses did not view Genesis 1:1 as a gap in time. Moses was told to Remember the 7th Day. It was 1000 years of perfection before God planted the Garden of Eden and placed Adam in it. Satan rebelled after the 7th Day. The only time water destroyed the entire earth was Noah's Flood. There is no plausible reason to accept there was a prior creation, and that Satan was bound for 1000 years. Satan had 1000 years to sit and think. Way too much time, if you ask me. Obviously all that thinking turned him "mad". Satan used "withholding of information" against Eve. Satan, as the serpent, was punished at the same time Adam and Eve were. That is the logical point, a third of the Angels, followed Satan and his quest to be God.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Jews to whom Jesus spoke here:
Christian Forums @ Christianity Board
They were not believers in him as has been suggested by someone else. Jesus makes that clear in the whole of those verses. Particularly when he tells them their father is not Abraham.
The text tells us right at the outset that Jesus was speaking to the jews who believed in him.....check it.
The question that it begs is what's the story with these 'believers'?

There are many 'believers' when it is convenient. They seem to mouth all all the right stuff till it comes to bearing a cross and to being self honest.

Reactions: Philip James

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The text tells us right at the outset that Jesus was speaking to the jews who believed in him.....check it.
The question that it begs is what's the story with these 'believers'?

There are many 'believers' when it is convenient. They seem to mouth all all the right stuff till it comes to bearing a cross and to being self honest.
I think if you check it you will see verse 31 telling us Jesus was speaking to the Jews that had
believed him.

Not, that did believe him.

It is to those same Jews that he is speaking to in the rest of the verses.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think if you check it you will see verse 31 telling us Jesus was speaking to the Jews that had
believed him.

Not, that did believe him.

It is to those same Jews that he is speaking to in the rest of the verses.
lol...now that's really pulling the text apart to support a predetermined view.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is the scripture. Think about it.
You believe Jesus would call Jews that believed in him (not had, as in, use to believe in him), and Jesus who was also God the father, that their father is the Devil?
it is obvious that by the end of Jesus' discourse the Jews who had 'believed' in him revealed themselves. Is it any different today? People divide the scriptures to suit themselves calling it belief. When the testing time comes, the claimants determine the truth of the matter by their behaviour.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is obvious that by the end of Jesus' discourse the Jews who had 'believed' in him revealed themselves. Is it any different today? People divide the scriptures to suit themselves calling it belief. When the testing time comes, the claimants determine the truth of the matter by their behaviour.
By the end of the discourse in John 8 the Jews who had, use to, believe in him and to whom he was speaking, took up stones to kill him with.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Moses wrote down the exact words of God called the book of Genesis. Moses did not view Genesis 1:1 as a gap in time. Moses was told to Remember the 7th Day. It was 1000 years of perfection before God planted the Garden of Eden and placed Adam in it. Satan rebelled after the 7th Day. The only time water destroyed the entire earth was Noah's Flood. There is no plausible reason to accept there was a prior creation, and that Satan was bound for 1000 years. Satan had 1000 years to sit and think. Way too much time, if you ask me. Obviously all that thinking turned him "mad". Satan used "withholding of information" against Eve. Satan, as the serpent, was punished at the same time Adam and Eve were. That is the logical point, a third of the Angels, followed Satan and his quest to be God.
OK. I have never accepted the "Gap Theory", and I believe each day of the Creation Week was one rotation of the earth, however long that took back then. It is also my practice to gently advise Theistic Evolutionists that they are not Bible-believers since their position requires millions of years of mutation and death before the first complete human apparently resulted, a position that is not compatible with Scripture.

Reactions: Amazed@grace

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
To punish all those who stubbornly refuse to love the truth and be saved.

2Th 2:10 and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.

When God's Will and His kindness and generosity are irreversibly held in contempt, what else is there except delusion?

Thanks for the response ,but is it not those who are Christians that the delusion comes upon ? Those not in Christ are already delusional ,right ?

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Thanks for the response ,but is it not those who are Christians that the delusion comes upon ? Those not in Christ are already delusional ,right ?
Strong G646
ἀποστασία
apostasia
ap-os-tas-ee'-ah
Feminine of the same as G647; defection from truth (properly the state), (“apostasy”): - falling away, forsake.
Total KJV occurrences: 2

No, n2thelight. No genuine Christian apostasises. The great apostasy or falling away sorts out the genuine Christians from the false Christians.

Mat 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Joh 10:25-30 Jesus answered them, "I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in my Father's name bear witness about me, (26) but you do not believe because you are not among my sheep. (27) My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. (28) I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. (29) My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. (30) I and the Father are one."

The word APOSTASY literally translates as "away from post or position", not to be confused with APOSTLE which translates as "sent from post or position".

2Th 2:9-12 The coming of the lawless one is by the activity of Satan with all power and false signs and wonders, (10) and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. (11) Therefore God sends them a strong delusion, so that they may believe what is false, (12) in order that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

The "them" in verse 11 above is those who refused to love the truth. They may have liked the truth and so kept company with Christians, but they didn't love the truth enough to avoid being deceived by the lawless one manifesting Satan.