Study on the difference of the holy spirits role

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In this study we are going to look at the phrase (Holy Spirit Baptism) and the different roles the holy spirit plays. I will start with a question I had ask in a previous thread.

My question is if that is the baptism of the holy ghost then why did it differ from the Apostles or the house of Cornelius . In the one Where the spirit came upon the Apostles with signs to confirm the word there was no laying on of hands. When Philip who had hands laid on him to transfer that power went to the Samaritans he could not transfer or the spirit did not come upon them as it did the Apostles Philip had to call for Peter for him to transfer the power so that they could grow the church with the signs of confirming toe word so Philip and the Apostles could go to the outer regions of the world making new disciples.

I think we can see from study that the spirit plays two different role in scripture. One is the spirit upon as where it comes upon a subject with power to real a fact that the subject is speaking with authority from God with accompanying sign. The other being that it is the spirit within (the indwelling) in which he works totally different in this case. In the indwelling he produces fruit of the spirit not the power of signs for confirming

The phrase baptism in the spirit can be take in two ways the one most often used by people is that of the signs thinking it was meant for every believer individually but I don't think scripture supports that view.
The other view is that it is in reference to the indwelling that is promised to all born again christian. This one is where the spirit works in each individual christian to perform the fruit of the spirit. .

Hope to study this with others.

Reactions: MatthewG

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A born again believer is accompanied by the Holy Spirit Who assists' us in our commitment to live a life of righteousness. The reason the Bible says....pray that the Holy Spirit never leaves you, for He will not return.
We could never withstand the onslaught of satan alone...is the reason.
The Holy Spirit is the one who is that voice inside a repented person who says....nah nah that is wrong...thought or action...and reminds us to repent.
Thanks be to God....AMEN.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A born again believer is accompanied by the Holy Spirit Who assists' us in our commitment to live a life of righteousness. The reason the Bible says....pray that the Holy Spirit never leaves you, for He will not return.
We could never withstand the onslaught of satan alone...is the reason.
The Holy Spirit is the one who is that voice inside a repented person who says....nah nah that is wrong...thought or action...and reminds us to repent.
Thanks be to God....AMEN.
Where in the Bible does it say to pray that the Holy Spirit never leaves you? That is our seal of God.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
16] And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; [17] Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

John.14 -

As long as a believer REMAINS in Christ, so too does the Spirit!

John 15: 4-7​

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me YE CAN DO NOTHING.

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In this study we are going to look at the phrase (Holy Spirit Baptism) and the different roles the holy spirit plays. I will start with a question I had ask in a previous thread.

My question is if that is the baptism of the holy ghost then why did it differ from the Apostles or the house of Cornelius . In the one Where the spirit came upon the Apostles with signs to confirm the word there was no laying on of hands. When Philip who had hands laid on him to transfer that power went to the Samaritans he could not transfer or the spirit did not come upon them as it did the Apostles Philip had to call for Peter for him to transfer the power so that they could grow the church with the signs of confirming toe word so Philip and the Apostles could go to the outer regions of the world making new disciples.

I think we can see from study that the spirit plays two different role in scripture. One is the spirit upon as where it comes upon a subject with power to real a fact that the subject is speaking with authority from God with accompanying sign. The other being that it is the spirit within (the indwelling) in which he works totally different in this case. In the indwelling he produces fruit of the spirit not the power of signs for confirming

The phrase baptism in the spirit can be take in two ways the one most often used by people is that of the signs thinking it was meant for every believer individually but I don't think scripture supports that view.
The other view is that it is in reference to the indwelling that is promised to all born again christian. This one is where the spirit works in each individual christian to perform the fruit of the spirit. .

Hope to study this with others.
Been up for a while now, there are two different roles, one being the spirit comes up the apostles with power is the first one. That was how they did and proved miracles healing the blind, or ankles, or passing on through those who believed. I believe that those days are over with and its not possible anymore. Its like in Acts when they healed the guy, later they are going to court over it and its because of them preaching Jesus and the jews want to put a stop to it.

The role in which the holy spirit now produces , or the spirit of Christ, produces the righteous fruit of christ, in and through those who abide in him.

You got a good study here, is there a difference between the holy spirit and spirit of Christ? Perhaps the holy spirit draws people to God and then the spirit of Christ comes in and produces fruit ?

Reactions: Godslittleservant