Study to show yourself approved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the point we should be taking in, is that it is not a contest-- rather the two One... that is unless it is humanized and made into law or works, a god besides God. We need to study, indeed we do, we should. We also need to test every spirit. But to take a side--that is what is wrong. That is why it is wrong to pit scripture against scripture rather than reconciling what may otherwise appear to contradict. There can be no contradiction--that is the world talking, Satan. We ought not to join in. Too many who believe they are aiding God are actually aiding the enemy. Are we not told to examine ourselves--we are, and we see the product of such folly even here.

Thank you for your insights,

Speaking on satan I believe his head has been crushed, and he has he obliterated, though many believe he is still roaming around seeking whom he can devour.

Ah yes your right, in the aspect we are our own worst enemy, because though Satan has been taken care of. We have yet to still die leaving the flesh that has darkness still capable within it.

Friend, thank you.

Reactions: ScottA

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Part of wrestling in faith with the Whole Armour of God in Ephesians 6 is with the Sword of the Spirit, the Word of God, right? :)

If God can before us who can be against us? With Satan having been defeated the only enemy left is ourselves. It’s why the flesh wars with the spirit. No where in scripture does it say we war with Satan, we actually war with our own temptations and our own darkness within ourselves, principality of wickedness in high places or something like that. Never Satan, though many assume it is him. He has been crushed his head, sent away, never to trouble earth again.

Darkness never went away though @farouk, it’s been there since the creation.

Thank you for your comment.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is why teachers exist, @amadeus.
And those who are mature in the faith (elders).
People shouldn’t be afraid to ask questions if they are in need of help.

Thank you for all your questions though, some food for thought. However not everyone is called the be teacher, with use of the scripture.

However if someone doesn’t understand scripture does that matter ? Shouldn’t they read anyway to get a taste of the good Lord?
To keep seeking God ? To learn the truth?

I don’t care what anyone else it is good to just see, look, ponder and consider what the Holy Bible does say. It is the only way to renew your mind by God and the spirit working with you, as you come to learn about Jesus.

@ScottA thank you for your comment and addressing what you were lead to address. I would agree that making a dogmatic no leeway for others to think for themselves approach is not healthy nor good for spiritual growth.

I would be careful with agreeing so easily with some on this forum, because not everyone here is for The Word of God. That's why they openly question Apostle Paul admonishing Timothy about study of God's Word.

A Scripture prophecy that goes with this subject of studying God's Word is the Isaiah 28 chapter. There God shows that understanding in His Word is by precept upon precept, line upon line, here a little and there a little. And He said because His Word is... that way, those men of Judah would fall backward, be snared, and taken. The reason for that of course is because they refused... to study His Word that way...

Isa 28:13
13 But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.
KJV

Apostle Peter foretold about their inability to understand also, God's Word having become a "stone of stumbling" and a "rock of offense" to them...

1 Peter 2:8
8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
KJV

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Point being God Divided, Jesus reiterated.
Separating the Divided ...comes after Judgement.
Disagreeing is simply not being in Agreement.

God divided- but jot angels or believers. He divided nature. That is vastly different than the divisions believers cause in the body.

Agreed disagreeing is not being in agreement. It is the heart attitude of some that causes sin when they disagree.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God divided- but jot angels or believers. He divided nature. That is vastly different than the divisions believers cause in the body.

Agreed disagreeing is not being in agreement. It is the heart attitude of some that causes sin when they disagree.

Sure God Divided Nature...not a secret.
I said God divided PEOPLE.
I said Jesus reiterated the DIVISION among People.
From Noah’s 3 sons...Shem, Ham, Japheth...
Japheth’s descendants became the Gentiles.

Duet 32:
[8] When the most High divided to the nations their inheritance, when he separated the sons of Adam, he set the bounds of the people according to the number of the children of Israel.

Luke 12:
[51] Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
John.7
[43] So there was a division among the people because of him.

Your mind is set, to believe as you please. Does not affect me.
No clue what you meant by;

Ronald Nolette: quote, “vastly different than the divisions believers cause in their body”

You are trying to make it appear AS IF, that ^^ WHAT YOU SAID, is something I said, (which I didn’t) and you are arguing against that....

Weird Ron....you are arguing against yourself.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”
‭‭II Timothy‬ ‭2:15‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“be diligent to present thyself approved to God — a workman irreproachable, rightly dividing the word of the truth;”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭2:15‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

“Work hard so you can present yourself to God and receive his approval. Be a good worker, one who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly explains the word of truth.”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭2:15‬ ‭NLT‬‬

My encouragement to anyone who is an astute learner who desires to learn the word of God to learn what the Bible says, and that would be diving deep into the biblical truths that are through out its entirety.

My desire is not to divide against others if they believe certain things, but there is truth to be found on the Bible, and the scripture from what Paul suggest to Timothy in the written letter is to study.

Do not be ashamed, and believe this if you desire to learn and study your knowledge of God will increase.

““Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭7:7‬ ‭NLT‬‬
In your studies, has He shown you He approves of you yet?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Duet 32:
[8] When the most High divided to the nations their inheritance, when he separated the sons of Adam, he set the bounds of the people according to the number of the children of Israel.

Luke 12:
[51] Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
John.7
[43] So there was a division among the people because of him.

Your mind is set, to believe as you please. Does not affect me.
No clue what you meant by;

Ronald Nolette: quote, “vastly different than the divisions believers cause in their body”

You are trying to make it appear AS IF, that ^^ WHAT YOU SAID, is something I said, (which I didn’t) and you are arguing against that....

Weird Ron....you are arguing against yourself.

Well their asre two ways of looking at division. a simple separation fo things like seperating blue shirts from black shirts. Then their is division caused by schism and people dividing where their should not be division but unity.

Which division are you talking about.

god did not schism the day from the night. I am just trying to figure out what you even mean now.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well their asre two ways of looking at division. a simple separation fo things like seperating blue shirts from black shirts. Then their is division caused by schism and people dividing where their should not be division but unity.

Which division are you talking about.

god did not schism the day from the night. I am just trying to figure out what you even mean now.

Division is one thing, Separation is another thing, Schism IS a division.
(but then, “being specific” is not your thing)...so whatever I say will likely not click with you.

Divide/Divided is mentioned 146 times in Scripture.
Division is mentioned 25 times in Scripture.
Separate is mentioned 79 times in Scripture.
Separation is mentioned 26 times in Scripture.
Schism is mentioned 1 time in Scripture.

Being Specific is not something you consider...but you should learn the difference between words that you “think” mean the same thing.

God “divided” the TWELVE TRIBES...who when divided were ALL “united” in Belief IN God....

And BTW, God precisely DIVIDED the day from the night..ie.light from darkness.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Must have been Timothy. Good question.

Paul was writing to Timothy so that he would study to show himself approved. @Waiting on him

It’s just important for us to study the word I believe.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
May the approval is of yourself, have you studied enough to be able to say, I’ve been through the scriptures and you know what you are talking about?

The thing about it probably pertained to the Old Testament, and not particularly the new (in that day in age); do you have any thoughts on that @Waiting on him ?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
May the approval is of yourself, have you studied enough to be able to say, I’ve been through the scriptures and you know what you are talking about?

The thing about it probably pertained to the Old Testament, and not particularly the new (in that day in age); do you have any thoughts on that @Waiting on him ?
He approves.

Reactions: Truman

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He approves.

Vague answer. Therefore you are saying God approves, right? What is he approving of? The study of the word?

You don’t believe it is a contest with other individuals do you?

Something I need to make clear is that no one should follow, or believe me, but check everything against scripture that is said by me or anyone!

That is why the study is important you’ll find out the truth of matters shifting through all the opinion, and possible man made ideas, and the like.

It’s not to be better than anyone it’s to simply know what is true and what is false. The biggest thing to emphasize here is context, history, audience, scripture language, who is it written to, when was it written, why was it written? What are the issues being addressed in that day?

A lot of people may believe the Bible was written for them today however one must consider it was written for a people in an age that has passed on and away.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Vague answer. Therefore you are saying God approves, right? What is he approving of? The study of the word?
He approved of the one swift to bare fruit.

You don’t believe it is a contest with other individuals do you?
not at all.

A lot of people may believe the Bible was written for them today however one must consider it was written for a people in an age that has passed on and away.

agreed.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I've studied enough to know that through the gift of faith that He gave me, I am once and for all saved by the death and resurrection of His Son, Jesus Christ, or as this recently-discovered Hebrew likes to call Him, Yeshua Ha Mashiach!