Submit oneself to the Pastor, Magesterium, Word, or ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
HearGod said:
This single feminine noun/word, episynagoge is assembling together. You need to: either learn Greek or change your personal Bible version. You must have thought that Paul was referring to the "church." Well, if you really want to know what place is this/that, you need to examine these first:

1) What/Who is/are Hebrews? (Catholics/Christians/Muslims/Hindus?)
2) When was this epistle written? (Before or after the first [Roman/Christian] church was built?)
3) Try reading this episynagoge word aloud, and try to hear [through] yourself/Him. (He calls/elects, not me. Wink wink, nudge nudge!)

Cheer bro!
[SIZE=16pt]Personally I believe the translators of our bibles understood Greek, and any other language needed, better than most anyone else, and there is a good chance that the Holy Spirit was helping the authorized translators.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]My understanding is one should not forsake assembling with other Christians.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]I believe a Christian is one who walks as Jesus walked. Assembling with infants in Christ to me is not at all necessary. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]An infant in Christ is someone who has been baptized in Jesus name but still sins. [/SIZE]
(1 Corinthians 3:1-3) “Brothers, I myself was unable to speak to you as people of the Spirit; I treated you as sensual men, still infants in Christ. What I fed you with was milk, not solid food, for you were not ready for it; and indeed, you are still not ready for it since you are still unspiritual. Isn’t that obvious from all the jealousy and wrangling that there is among you, from the way that you go on behaving like ordinary people? “

(1 John 2:6) “But if anyone obeys his word, God’s love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did”

HearGod

Sep 23, 2014
HearGod said:
This single feminine noun/word, episynagoge is assembling together. You need to: either learn Greek or change your personal Bible version. You must have thought that Paul was referring to the "church." Well, if you really want to know what place is this/that, you need to examine these first:

1) What/Who is/are Hebrews? (Catholics/Christians/Muslims/Hindus?)
2) When was this epistle written? (Before or after the first [Roman/Christian] church was built?)
3) Try reading this episynagoge word aloud, and try to hear [through] yourself/Him. (He calls/elects, not me. Wink wink, nudge nudge!)

Cheer bro!

Obviously Johnlove. for one, did not [know how to] examine my above-mentioned 3 points. Henceforth,

Johnlove said:
[SIZE=16pt]Personally I believe the translators of our bibles understood Greek, and any other language needed, better than most anyone else, and there is a good chance that the Holy Spirit was helping the authorized translators.[/SIZE]
1) bibles? There is supposed to be more than 1 Holy Bible?
2) [SIZE=16pt]our bibles[/SIZE], of which are namely?
3) [SIZE=16pt]and any other language needed[/SIZE], of which are namely?
4) [SIZE=16pt]better than most anyone else[/SIZE], which is [not] inclusive of/among themselves?
5) [SIZE=16pt]the authorized translators[/SIZE], of which are namely?
6) [SIZE=16pt]authorized translators[/SIZE]? If that is true, please provide 1 or 2 UN[SIZE=16pt]authorized translators[/SIZE]
7) [SIZE=16pt]authorized [/SIZE]by whom, since when, and how?
8) [SIZE=16pt]and there is a good chance[/SIZE]? Do you mean: [After all,] you are not [dead/cock] sure huh?

Rejoice always, bro!

Johnlove said:
[SIZE=16pt]My understanding is one should not forsake assembling with other Christians.[/SIZE]

That's definitely another of your many "strange" statements.

1) I don't think you will be able to show me 1 single verse in Paul's letter to the Hebrews (or anyone else) that contains the "[SIZE=16pt]Christians[/SIZE]" word.

2) Who were/are the people that [SIZE=16pt]should not forsake [/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]assembling [/SIZE](Hmm... a verb in the Participle Mood now?) [SIZE=16pt]with other Christians[/SIZE]?

3) And just who were/are [SIZE=16pt]other Christians[/SIZE]?

Please enlighten, not preach. Cheerio!

Johnlove said:
[SIZE=16pt]I believe a Christian is one who walks as Jesus walked. Assembling with infants in Christ to me is not at all necessary. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]An infant in Christ is someone who has been baptized in Jesus name but still sins. [/SIZE]
1) [SIZE=16pt]I believe...[/SIZE] Only [SIZE=16pt]believe[/SIZE]? Do you mean, you do not [experientially] know [yet]?
2) [SIZE=16pt]a Christian is one who walks as Jesus walked[/SIZE]? Do you have a verse in the Bible (God's words) to support this "belief" of yours?
3) [SIZE=16pt]a Christian is one who walks as Jesus walked[/SIZE]. If that is/was true, then Peter and Paul were Christians too, no? No Bible verse to support that too?
4) [SIZE=16pt]Assembling with infants in Christ to me is not at all necessary. [/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]to me [/SIZE]is [highly] opinionated, so this "strange" statement should not be applied into [serious/theological] debates.
5) [SIZE=16pt]Assembling with infants in Christ to me is not at all necessary. [/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]An infant in Christ is someone who has been baptized in Jesus name but still sins[/SIZE]? You are clearly claiming/boasting that you are no longer a "milk-drinking" "Christian," and you no longer sin "actively/habitually." Can I safely [not] "believe" that you are NOT a "Christian" but a "Jesus."? And last but not least,
6) [SIZE=16pt]Christian [/SIZE]is:

6a) A proper noun, which defines [SIZE=16pt]Christian [/SIZE]as what?
6b) A masculine noun, which defines [SIZE=16pt]Christian [/SIZE]as what?
6c) A feminine noun, which defines [SIZE=16pt]Christian [/SIZE]as what?

Cheerio!

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
[SIZE=16pt]I believe there is only one church with any authority from God. That Church is the only church that has an authorized bible. (Catholic/Greek Orthodox)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]A Christian is a follower of Jesus. [/SIZE]

(1 John 2:6) “But if anyone obeys his word, God’s love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did”

[SIZE=16pt]Jesus obeyed his Father in heaven. We are to obey as Jesus did.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Anyone who sins is of the devil, and is not following God, so I believe can’t be a Christian.[/SIZE]

(1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”

[SIZE=16pt]I also believe a Christian is one who has been called out by name by Jesus, and follows him. [/SIZE]

(John 10:1-5)"I tell you the truth, the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep. The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice."

HearGod

Sep 23, 2014
Johnlove said:
[SIZE=16pt]I believe there is only one church with any authority from God. That Church is the only church that has an authorized bible. (Catholic/Greek Orthodox)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Jesus obeyed his Father in heaven. We are to obey as Jesus did.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Anyone who sins is of the devil, and is not following God, so I believe can’t be a Christian.[/SIZE]

(1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”

[SIZE=16pt]I also believe a Christian is one who has been called out by name by Jesus, and follows him. [/SIZE]

(John 10:1-5)"I tell you the truth, the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep. The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice."
Dear Johnlove,

Please answer all my questions adequately; one at a time. If there is any of my questions that you are unable to answer, please simply response with the "Pass" word. Meanwhile, I will ignore this post of yours.

Cheerio, bro!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now the sons of Eli were sons of Belial; they knew not the Lord. - I Samuel 2:12
Wherefore the sin of the young men was very great before the Lord: for men abhorred the offering of the Lord. - I Samuel 2:17
Now Eli was very old, and heard all that his sons did unto all Israel; and how they lay with the women that assembled at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.
And he said unto them, Why do ye such things? for I hear of your evil dealings by all this people.
Nay, my sons; for it is no good report that I hear: ye make the Lord's people to transgress. - I Samuel 2:22-24

Read on I Samuel and you will find that Eli's sons were priests and that they did such a bad job at priesthood that men abhorred bringing the offerings before the Lord. The same thing can happen in Christianity. The pastors can become corrupt spiritually in that people hate going to church.

HearGod

Sep 23, 2014
Johnlove said:

Please respond and answer all my 17 (8 + 3 + 6) questions appropriately (one by one) if you are capable of discussing/debating on the word of the truth. Cheerio!

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
HearGod said:
Please respond and answer all my 17 (8 + 3 + 6) questions appropriately (one by one) if you are capable of discussing/debating on the word of the truth. Cheerio!
[SIZE=16pt](Acts 11:25-26) “Barnabas then left for Tarsus to look for Saul, and when he found him he brought him to Antioch. And it happened that they stayed together in that church a whole year, instructing a large number of people. It was at Antioch that the disciples were first called 'Christians'.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]I don’t discuss Christian beliefs with those who want to translate the bible to their understanding.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Jesus tells me personally what he wants me to understand of God’s written Word. I don’t need some armature translator telling me that what Jesus says to me is wrong. [/SIZE]

HearGod

Sep 23, 2014
Johnlove said:
[SIZE=16pt](Acts 11:25-26) “Barnabas then left for Tarsus to look for Saul, and when he found him he brought him to Antioch. And it happened that they stayed together in that church a whole year, instructing a large number of people. It was at Antioch that the disciples were first called 'Christians'.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]I don’t discuss Christian beliefs with those who want to translate the bible to their understanding.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Jesus tells me personally what he wants me to understand of God’s written Word. I don’t need some armature translator telling me that what Jesus says to me is wrong. [/SIZE]
Blah! Blah! Blah!

Hahaha... the disciples (of Jesus? :wub: :huh: ) were first called??????? (kaleo???????) Christians ???????

Maybe you were called pooor fish lol! :D :D :D

G9 and Cheerio!

HearGod said:
Johnlove, you are obviously unable to answer any of my 17 simple questions. Do you want me to help you to answer all of them on your behalf?

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
HearGod said:
Blah! Blah! Blah!

Hahaha... the disciples (of Jesus? :wub: :huh: ) were first called??????? (kaleo???????) Christians ???????

G9 and Cheerio!

Johnlove, you are obviously unable to answer any of my 17 simple questions. Do you want me to help you to answer all of them on your behalf?
[SIZE=16pt]No there isn’t any way we can discuss anything about God. You will just make up your own written Word of God. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Also you don’t seem to have any idea of what it means to be taught about God by God. [/SIZE]

HearGod

Sep 23, 2014
Johnlove said:
[SIZE=16pt]You will just make up your own written Word of God. [/SIZE]
Such as?

I hope you are not a [habitual] liar (like your father?). Cheerio!

HearGod said:
Blah! Blah! Blah!

G9 and Cheerio!

called??????? (kaleo???????)

Huh? You (Ahem, all of you) obviously do not know the answer of this simple question huh? How about:

called/voiced?????? (phoneo???????)

Huh? You (Ahem, all of you) also do not know the answer of this simple question huh? So then, what/how exactly was the text given?

HearGod said:
the disciples (of Jesus? :wub: :huh: )

Huh? Will someone second Johnlove here? Does anyone really believe that God really personally spoke/talked/phoned/CALLED [to] Johnlove and told him that [all] the disciples (of Jesus?) were first (an ordinal number?) CALLED Christians at Antioch?

I hope Johnlove can check/dial God up again today/tonight (since he seems to have God's direct line :p ) in order to ask Him: Who were those CALLERS? :wub:

Pray tell, and cheerio!

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
HearGod said:
Such as?

Huh? You (Ahem, all of you) obviously do not know the answer of this simple question huh? How about:

Huh? You (Ahem, all of you) also do not know the answer of this simple question huh? So then, what/how exactly was the text given?

Huh? Will someone second Johnlove here? Does anyone really believe that God really personally spoke/talked/phoned/CALLED [to] Johnlove and told him that [all] the disciples (of Jesus?) were first (an ordinal number?) CALLED Christians at Antioch?

I hope Johnlove can check/dial God up again today/tonight (since he seems to have God's direct line :p ) in order to ask Him: Who were those CALLERS? :wub:

Pray tell, and cheerio!
[SIZE=16pt]Jesus said he would call his own out by name. It should wake up those who Jesus has not called out by name.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]People want to believe they can be of the world and be one of God’s people also. But has Jesus called those people by their name.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](John 10:1-5)"I tell you the truth, the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep. The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice."[/SIZE]

Xhavon

Oct 21, 2014
shturt678s said:
I know this issue has been beat to death, however......

As a new Christian long ago, in my denominational setting.....in all seriousness....a right on Pastor murdered his wife and children to be with another woman....I accessed his interview with investigators months later while he was in prison. He was so sorry, yet in me, how could a Pastor do such a thing...even think about it...etc.and etc.??? Still don't understand it???

Sorry my brothers....with other examples, I place myself under the Word only, in our Church setting.

Actually don't mind submitting ourselves to one another in Church in humility...works.
Why would you think that a pastor who would do such a thing is right on? He was the same person before and after. This is where having the implanted word of God in your heart comes in. Know what you are following and what you are worshiping.

HearGod

Sep 23, 2014
Johnlove said:
[SIZE=16pt]Jesus said he would call his own out by name. It should wake up those who Jesus has not called out by name.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]People want to believe they can be of the world and be one of God’s people also. But has Jesus called those people by their name.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](John 10:1-5)"I tell you the truth, the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep. The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice."[/SIZE]
A Chinese saying: [Other] People Talked East, You Talk West.

A friendly reminder to pray God for a brain. (Sigh!)

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
HearGod said:
A Chinese saying: [Other] People Talked East, You Talk West.

A friendly reminder to pray God for a brain. (Sigh!)

[SIZE=16pt]When people can’t find anything truthful to refute what they don’t want to believe, they start to throw stones.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]I does not take a brain to come to know God, it takes God in one’s heart. [/SIZE]

HearGod

Sep 23, 2014
Johnlove said:
[SIZE=16pt]When people can’t find anything truthful to refute what they don’t want to believe, they start to throw stones.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]I does not take a brain to come to know God, [/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]it takes God in one’s heart[/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]. [/SIZE]
Credit, discredit, ad hominem (? B) ) is defaulted where/when its due. :eek: Sorry!

it takes God in one’s heart??????

Well-a well-a well-a huh
Tell me more, tell me more
Did you get very far?
Like does he have a car?

Well-a well-a well-a huh
Was it love at first sight?
Did he put up a fight?

But you don't have to brag
'Cause he sounds like a drag

(Olivia/Johnlove) :D

Timotheos

Nov 27, 2014
Trekson said:
Interestingly enough, there is not one single scripture that actually declares the "church" is the bride of Christ. That is an assumption started centuries ago based on misinterpreted scriptures and a lack of knowledge from those who think they know who the bride of Christ is.
Assuming the fact that Christ is the head of the church, then the church is the body of Christ. The head can't marry its own body. Again, assuming the fact that the church is the body of Christ whom is the bridegroom, then the church is part of the bridegroom. The church can't be both the bridegroom and the bride. In Colossians 2:10, the members of the body of Christ have been made complete in Christ, but in Revelation 19:7-9, the bride has to prepare herself for the marriage of the Lamb. In Revelation 21:2, the holy city, the renewed Jerusalem will come down from God out of the heaven as a bride for her Husband.

HearGod said:
Well said. It reminds me of this:

John

18:36 Yehshua answered, “My kingdom is not out of this world; if my kingdom were out of this world, my subordinates who were with me would have agonized in order that I should not be delivered up to the Jews; however, now my kingdom is not from here.”
18:37 Then Pilate said to him, “You are therefore not a king?” Yehshua answered, “You say that I am a king. I have been engendered to this [nation] and to this [Praitorion]; I have come to the world in order that I might testify to the truth. Everyone who is being out of the truth hears my voice.”
18:38 Pilate says to him, “What is the truth?” And having said ‘What is the truth?’, he exited again unto the Jews, and says to them, “I find not even one case [of guilt] in him.

18:39 However, it is an accustomed convention to you in order that I might release to you one [bound] on the Passover. Do you prefer then [that] I release to you the king of the Jews?”

"What is the truth?" Pilate asked, but he didn't wait to hear Christ's answer. Perhaps most, if not all, of "us" (Christians? The church? Believers?) thought we already knew/learned the answer/truth (that will free "us") from among us/ourselves.

Cheerio, bro.
Jesus is so alive in this, one of the best renditions of John 18:36-39. The world will not see Him, but we shall see Him; and because He lives, we shall also live. Thank you Abba Father for sending Jesus.
HearGod said:
Such as?

Pray tell, and cheerio!
In 1 Thessalonians 5:14, we were told to admonish those unruly, console the faint-hearted, and be patient towards all. No one was called Christians by any caller according to Acts 11:26. The disciples of Saul and Barnabas were firstly [SIZE=9.5pt]chrematizo[/SIZE] as Christians in the assembly in Antioch. In Acts 10:22, according to King James Bible,
And they said, Cornelius the centurion, a just man, and one that feareth God, and of good report among all the nation of the Jews, was warned from God ([SIZE=9.5pt]chrematizo[/SIZE]) by an holy angel to send for thee into his house, and to hear words of thee.

Jesus was a Nazarite. Paul was a ringleader of the sect of the Nazarites according to Acts 24:5. None of Jesus' disciples were Christians.

JimParker

Mar 31, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
shturt678s said:
I know this issue has been beat to death, however......

As a new Christian long ago, in my denominational setting.....in all seriousness....a right on Pastor murdered his wife and children to be with another woman....I accessed his interview with investigators months later while he was in prison. He was so sorry, yet in me, how could a Pastor do such a thing...even think about it...etc.and etc.??? Still don't understand it???

Sorry my brothers....with other examples, I place myself under the Word only, in our Church setting.

Actually don't mind submitting ourselves to one another in Church in humility...works.
<<I place myself under the Word only,>>

No, you don't.

You place yourself under your own personal biased OPINION of what the word says.

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
This Vale Of Tears said:
Fine. But when somebody has a pattern of church hopping and continually finds themselves at odds with the pastor, it's more likely that the problem isn't the pastor.
Actually it is because the leadership is heretical worldwide.

So it is not the parishioner, but the cleric.

Most churches TEACH but not FOLLOW the scriptures. They believe they are above reproach.