Suffering?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we don’t have to resist sin?
That's what the discipline of faith is.

For example, God may allow poverty into your life so that you are forced to discipline yourself, in faith, against the temptations to sin associated with being poor.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's what the discipline of faith is.

For example, God may allow poverty into your life so that you are forced to discipline yourself, in faith, against the temptations to sin associated with being poor.

Hebrews 6:12
That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

Hebrews 10:36
For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Hebrews 12:4
Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we don’t have to resist sin?
Resist not, but resist!

"But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also." Matt 5:39

"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." James 4:7

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My entire life has been one of suffering. But after my youngest son went Home 2 years ago at age 17, it just felt like my own life was sucked out. God knows what we need and what we can endure to accomplish His purpose in us. For me, suffering has never ceased. It causes me to count my life as nothing ....at times, I just didn't want to be here. But while I'm here, I hope He uses me to love and bless others. It gives you a whole different perspective. We have nothing to lose.... if we just put all into our relationships with Christ and serve Him by serving others.

I'm not saying I've done that perfectly ....not by a long shot. But God is good ...merciful ...and patient ....and I pray each day that I will be more like Him and please Him.

Acts 14:22
[22]Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.
2 Timothy 3:12
[12]Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
I think he has to break us. We need to be fully his and that requires suffering and loss. I am so sorry about your son. I couldn't imagine. Many a pastor have lost children and spouses and God was the only thing that kept them going. I think we have to suffer because frankly, for some of us it is the only way to get us to where he needs us to be spiritually.

One thing that I have found that is if God takes something from you he will replace it with something twice as good. He has taken people, houses, money etc. and all have been replaced. You will be with your son for eternity and that makes me smile.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think he has to break us. We need to be fully his and that requires suffering and loss. I am so sorry about your son. I couldn't imagine. Many a pastor have lost children and spouses and God was the only thing that kept them going. I think we have to suffer because frankly, for some of us it is the only way to get us to where he needs us to be spiritually.

One thing that I have found that is if God takes something from you he will replace it with something twice as good. He has taken people, houses, money etc. and all have been replaced. You will be with your son for eternity and that makes me smile.
Nothing and no one can replace my son (or my other children who were taken). But I know God has a plan, and all my children (and grandchildren) are in His hands.

I think each of us will suffer to a degree. Some, a result of other people's choices and actions, some ours ....some is outright persecution. So I think we get a mixed bag.

Just before my son was taken from this life, my granddaughter was stolen by a cult family. She's turning 10 this year. I pray for her safety daily ....and for the salvation of the family who took her. Maybe that's why God allowed it. But praying for them is better than hating and feeling hopeless.

She was stolen because (after my daughter was raped by a man sent by the cult) I fled with my children (for safety). They didn't want her in my home where their access to the baby was limited/prevented. They found us ....and got my daughter in a vulnerable position, then stole the child. :(

I live daily under threat for turning to Christ against the (masonic & illuminati bloodline) cult I was born into, breaking their programming over my life, and exposing them (talking).

Reactions: Mantis

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
explain

Matthew 10:38
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Matthew 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Matthew 16:25
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

John 12:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

Romans 5:4
And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2 Thessalonians 1:5
Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:

Colossians 1:11
Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

2 Tim 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Phil 1:29
For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

James 1:2-8
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing

Hebrews 6:12
That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

Hebrews 10:36
For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Hebrews 12:4
Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

1 Peter 2:20
For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

The verses that was about the anointed ones who suffer, were actually baptized into Jesus' death sir. Many of them did literally suffer as Jesus did. You are taking an English word and trying to make it literal, Christians do not have to suffer literally to have salvation.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The verses that was about the anointed ones who suffer, were actually baptized into Jesus' death sir. Many of them did literally suffer as Jesus did. You are taking an English word and trying to make it literal, Christians do not have to suffer literally to have salvation.

special anointed ones?

all
Universal
Lk 2:10-11

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing and no one can replace my son (or my other children who were taken). But I know God has a plan, and all my children (and grandchildren) are in His hands.

I think each of us will suffer to a degree. Some, a result of other people's choices and actions, some ours ....some is outright persecution. So I think we get a mixed bag.

Just before my son was taken from this life, my granddaughter was stolen by a cult family. She's turning 10 this year. I pray for her safety daily ....and for the salvation of the family who took her. Maybe that's why God allowed it. But praying for them is better than hating and feeling hopeless.

She was stolen because (after my daughter was raped by a man sent by the cult) I fled with my children (for safety). They didn't want her in my home where their access to the baby was limited/prevented. They found us ....and got my daughter in a vulnerable position, then stole the child. :(

I live daily under threat for turning to Christ against the (masonic & illuminati bloodline) cult I was born into, breaking their programming over my life, and exposing them (talking).
I absolutely didn't mean that anything could replace your son. I just meant that he is just and has just balance.
In my town there is a sign on a building with a pentagram thing and a compass and a "G". I think there are four symbols. Is that some Mason or illuminati place? Forgive my ignorance.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I absolutely didn't mean that anything could replace your son. I just meant that he is just and has just balance.
In my town there is a sign on a building with a pentagram thing and a compass and a "G". I think there are four symbols. Is that some Mason or illuminati place? Forgive my ignorance.
Forgive me, brother, I knew you weren't saying my son could be replaced. Your post was actually a comfort to me.

Yes, the symbol you're seeing with the compass and "G" is masonic. (And there is a root connection between freemasonry and the illuminati.) The pentagram is satanic.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Forgive me, brother, I knew you weren't saying my son could be replaced. Your post was actually a comfort to me.

Yes, the symbol you're seeing with the compass and "G" is masonic. (And there is a root connection between freemasonry and the illuminati.) The pentagram is satanic.
Yeah it totally looks satanic. This is a very Christian town. More churches then stores. I was puzzled looking at this sign with a big pentagram in it. Seems very out of place to me.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Resist not, but resist!

"But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also." Matt 5:39

"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." James 4:7
The first part simply means that if one does evil to us , we are not to return the evil . IF one does you wrong
if an enemy persecutes you or etc , We are not to repay evil with evil but by doing good unto those who even persecute us .
It does not mean we are not to resist the evils of our own flesh . We are to resist that .
Truth is , if folks will submit to GOD , resist the devil , he really will flee . We resist the devil , BY OUR FAITH IN JESUS .
Let us learn The biblical JESUS well . Every word HE taught is for the good of the lambs . Let all be hearers and doers
of all things our Glorious LORD did teach and later the apostels would teach . I do have one more reminder
this evening . And i bet you can probably already guess what it is , PRAISE THE GLORIOUS LORD . OH yes
what a wonderful lovely reminder that is as well . praise ye the glorious LORD . HE is our hope and our salvation .

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The first part simply means that if one does evil to us , we are not to return the evil . IF one does you wrong
if an enemy persecutes you or etc , We are not to repay evil with evil but by doing good unto those who even persecute us .
It does not mean we are not to resist the evils of our own flesh . We are to resist that .
Truth is , if folks will submit to GOD , resist the devil , he really will flee . We resist the devil , BY OUR FAITH IN JESUS .
Let us learn The biblical JESUS well . Every word HE taught is for the good of the lambs . Let all be hearers and doers
of all things our Glorious LORD did teach and later the apostels would teach . I do have one more reminder
this evening . And i bet you can probably already guess what it is , PRAISE THE GLORIOUS LORD . OH yes
what a wonderful lovely reminder that is as well . praise ye the glorious LORD . HE is our hope and our salvation .
Amen!

Reactions: amigo de christo

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Is suffering required for salvation?
No it isn't. We may go through times of suffering in order to test us and strengthen us in order to grow spiritually and gain maturity.