Suffering?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
When adults misquote someone, they apologize.

You speak as if you have proven what you are saying is true.
You'll never see that day arrive.
So, as i said, what you wrote, i posted....no misquote.
A cut and paste QUOTE.
You answered their question, and i posted your answer., and next for you, i have quoted their question, and your specific response., ...so that you can see it, again.

So, we are done.
-

Last edited:

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess our sister spotted something . I see a WOW .
Well all i say is , LET THE GLORIOUS LORD BE PRAISED and THANKED CONTINUOUSLY .
JESUS IS the HOPE of the lambs . Praise the glorious King .
Well, it's heartbreaking to see brothers in Christ speaking to one another in such ways. Let persecution and strife come from outside ....never from brothers and sisters. :/

If we see a brother or sister not quite getting what we're saying, then use patience to discuss the topic and don't give in to personal attacks. Let brotherly love guide our communication. It's too easy to lash out.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, it's heartbreaking to see brothers in Christ speaking to one another in such ways. Let persecution and strife come from outside ....never from brothers and sisters. :/
You will find most strife often comes from within . Look at what the peoples did to the true prophets who warned .
Just as they did with JESUS .
A church and a people headed the wrong way and love to have it so , will attack anyone who dares to correct .
Believe me . i aint mean to anyone , but i do correct and i done been run off from more places that i can count .
You want to know what i notice more than anything . The so called lovey lovey unity , lets be tolerant and accepting group ,
seems to be the most non loving , hateful to those who bring truth . Its like they accept everything else but truth
and when truth or those who speak it arrive , they turn on them like a pitt bull . Just what i have noticed .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love the peoples , but i must admit may i dead long before i sit at this huge unity table . ITs all a sham . I wont partake of either .
Its about time to call it a night . SO lets put those hands up and let the glorious and wonderous Lord be praised .

bekkilyn

Feb 20, 2022
Southeast US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Suffering isn't required for salvation, but suffering is a part of life on a fallen world, so suffering will occur all the same as part of our salvation journey.

Reactions: Lambano

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A church and a people headed the wrong way and love to have it so , will attack anyone who dares to correct .
I know, brother. I've seen it and experienced it myself. But that's not what I'm referring to in this thread. Anyway ....have a blessed evening.

Reactions: amigo de christo

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Suffering isn't required for salvation, but suffering is a part of life on a fallen world, so suffering will occur all the same as part of our salvation journey.
Correct, it isn't required for salvation. But scripture says that all who live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution.

2 Timothy 3:10-12
[10]But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,
[11]Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.
[12]Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

2 Corinthians 11:23-31
[23]Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft.
[24]Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one.
[25]Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;
[26]In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;
[27]In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.
[28]Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches.
[29]Who is weak, and I am not weak? who is offended, and I burn not?
[30]If I must needs glory, I will glory of the things which concern mine infirmities.
[31]The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is blessed for evermore, knoweth that I lie not.

And in another place we are told that if we suffer with Him, we will reign with Him.

2 Timothy 2:11-12
[11]It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:
[12]If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Btw, nice to meet you. Welcome to the forum. :)

Reactions: bekkilyn

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I guess our sister spotted something . I see a WOW .
Well all i say is , LET THE GLORIOUS LORD BE PRAISED and THANKED CONTINUOUSLY .
JESUS IS the HOPE of the lambs . Praise the glorious King .

Angels (not Seraphim's) don't have wings.. And they are always males.

Ive always loved this painting, as its shows The Lord being given encouragement, as He is entering His Passion.
Ive been in this Garden.
Once, i was there, and an Arab, a muslim, walked up to me and started talking about Muhammed and the Horse.
He knew i am a Believer in Yeshua. We had a nice conversation......Interesting, to say the least..
-

an-angel-comforting-jesus-before-his-arrest-in-the-garden-of-gethsemane-carl-bloch.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: TLHKAJ

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are the called jews and the called gentiles and they are one Flock in Christ .
And all lambs shall one day be forever with the glorious King who has saved them .
endure faithful to the end , unto death and ye shall recieve a crown of life . March onwards in the glorious Lord having all hope
and all affections above on Him . Prepare to be hated in this world , to suffer trials and great afflictions for HIS name sake .
And fear not man or what he can do . THE LORD is with the lambs .

Hi Amigo, it is true that many people attach those titles to those two groups of sheep, and it can be used in a figurative sense but not literal. It is true that the fold, the little flock are called Jews, the Israel of God Gal 6:16 and they are God's covenanted people, but they come from all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues Rev 5:9,10. The other sheep as well are proselytes not actually covenanted people, and they too come from all nations as well, but they are sheep just as much as the other flock, and we are being gathered as well. In these last days people are being gathered from every tribe, nation, people, and tongue to Jehovah's mountain, being instructed in His ways, and walking in His paths Isa 2:2-4

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Angels (not Seraphim's) don't have wings.. And they are always males.

Ive always loved this painting, as its shows The Lord being given encouragement, as He is entering His Passion.
Ive been in this Garden.
Once, i was there, and an Arab, a muslim, walked up to me and started talking about Muhammed and the Horse.
He knew i am a Believer in Yeshua. We had a nice conversation......Interesting, to say the least..
-

an-angel-comforting-jesus-before-his-arrest-in-the-garden-of-gethsemane-carl-bloch.jpg
If even the jews who hold torah were pointed to saving faith in Christ
how come this generation gives them , muslims and buddists and athiests a pass .
The point of this is , that muslim will die in his sins because he follows not the one true JESUS .
So i hope you at least tried to point him to Christ .

Reactions: Friends of Jesus

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 1:3-10
[3]Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;
[4]Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.
[5]For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.
[6]And whether we be afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation.
[7]And our hope of you is stedfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers of the sufferings, so shall ye be also of the consolation.
[8]For we would not, brethren, have you ignorant of our trouble which came to us in Asia, that we were pressed out of measure, above strength, insomuch that we despaired even of life:
[9]But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead:
[10]Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver us;

Reactions: amigo de christo

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
So i hope you at least tried to point him to Christ .

Of course.
He knew all about The Cross, and Christ as Messiah.
He was just not interested, as he has been BRAIN TRAINED, into the Cult of Muhammad.....so, for Him to receive Christ, he is going to be kicked out of his family, denounced by his religion, and they may even kill him......and he knows this........they all know it.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Thanks I knew that was in there somewhere but I couldn’t remember where.
Phl 1:29 - For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, notonly to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake

This suffering is not cancer and blindness and poverty and a heart attack. its not sickness.

This "suffering" is this, Mantis.... John 15:18....."if the world HATES you, remember it hated me first".

See that?
That is "you shall have tribulation in this world"............

This means, "suffering for the sake of Christ". "suffering for the sake of the Gospel".

It means that when you are engaged in the work of the true Gospel, you are going to find that this world full of heretics and unbelievers, will cause you grief.
You might even be murdered.......= a martyr for Christ, same as all the Apostle's were murdered, except for John.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course.
He knew all about The Cross, and Christ as Messiah.
He was just not interested, as he has been BRAIN TRAINED, into the Cult of Muhammad.....so, for Him to receive Christ, he is going to be kicked out of his family, denounced by his religion, and they may even kill him......and he knows this........they all know it.
Well , all we can do is point them to Christ . If they refuse then its on them .