Suggest a liberal way to vote here!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stanleyg

Jul 19, 2006
Suggest a liberal way to vote here! It could save taxpayers millions, maybe even billions of dollars in buying voting machines that don't work. Plus, it could encourage greater voter participation.For Example:Suppose American voters and/or abroad could login to an official secure website to cast his or her vote. Each voter would receive a pin number and/or confirmation number. The latter will eliminate miscounted votes. If voters don't have computers or may be computer illiterate they could visit the library or election commision for assistance. The process would be similar to efiling a tax return. Imagine how much headache and/or taxes we could save.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try imagining a database that could easily be hacked into as well. At least here in South Carolina, the votes are not made online when you're physically at the machine so there's no threat of being hacked. I'm not sure if the results are moved electronically anywhere along the way but I'm sure there probably is a step or two where they may be transferred online through secure servers. Even with this, there's only a small window of opportunity when compared to having the entire database online. Just way too much of a potential for attack knowing what I do about servers.As far as cracking, the right person can get into virtually any online server in the world. This database would be the target of the year.

stanleyg

Jul 19, 2006
Sooner or later voting has to move up to the 21st century. Internet technology is the future. Banks use the internet to transact funds. The IRS is switching over to efile. Having fear of the internet is like having a fear of airplanes. The horse and buggy days are over. The internet is the fastest most convenient way to transact funds and or signatures. Wake up!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
stanleyg, I wouldnt characterize what I said as a fear of the internet. I make money on the internet, I work with servers daily, and I have roughly 7 years worth of total experience in working with the internet. It's safe to say that I know a fair amount of what I am talking about. There's a huge difference in the day to day transactions of a single bank and all of the votes of the US elections. You're giving a huge prize to the person that can do it first and you can bet every anti-US organization and person in the world will be on the task. We're not ready for it yet.

stanleyg

Jul 19, 2006
(SwampFox;3928)
stanleyg, I wouldnt characterize what I said as a fear of the internet. I make money on the internet, I work with servers daily, and I have roughly 7 years worth of total experience in working with the internet. It's safe to say that I know a fair amount of what I am talking about. There's a huge difference in the day to day transactions of a single bank and all of the votes of the US elections. You're giving a huge prize to the person that can do it first and you can bet every anti-US organization and person in the world will be on the task. We're not ready for it yet.
Well the probleim is that the people neglect its civic duty to take a hands-on approach to our democratic system of self-government. Instead, we take a hands-off approach to leave it up to our civic officials. The most we know how to do is to vote and/or gripe. If one feels helpless, then one is helpless. I make it my business to stay on top of what's going on. My problem is trying to find individuals that want to make a change, rather than to sit back and gripe, yet won't try to do anything to fix the problem. I asked if you have any suggestions? You haven't offered any new ideas of your own. Instead, you gripe. Everything starts with an idea. Democracy itself came from an innovative idea to carryout an experiment. It is truly a wonderful idea. Yet, the experiment is not achieving its desired results. It isn't being implemented precisely to its design. The system was designed to operate: for the people, by the people and of the people. The government isn't the people. Rather, its a machine. We have to operate the machine, rather than place it on automatic thinking that it can operate itself. As long as the people hold a negative mentality, then we can't fix the problem. God has blessed me to achieve a quality education which I am truly thankful. Thus, I don't think negative or have a helpless attitude about life, like so many other Christians that I may cross path with. The beauty about having Christ is that we become a new creature to do all things. 2Cor5[17] Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.[18] And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;[19] To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.[20] Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.[21] For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.Phil4[13] I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.Amen!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gripe? Stanleyg please inform me where I am griping because I'm apparently missing that part of my posts? You're the one who started this thread and put for a suggestion and I offered an educated reply to it with someone who has a little experience in what you're talking about.My idea is in my post - we don't move on to this new technology until we know it will work and that more importantly, our votes won't be accessed and altered. I have no problem with the voting machines as they are, and there will be technical glitches no matter what you do. We live and learn as time goes on.I will say that you have to think things through. If people experience issues with these voting machines, they probably will with internet as well. What about people who have issues with their internet access? What if all of the activity crashes a network? What about help with the minor issues and technical glitches? Who handles support and how is it deployed? What happens if the voting servers go down? What about online ID fraud? All things to consider.This isn't called griping, it's called thinking things through.