Take care.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
right i feel urgey in the most scary ways.
i self harmed earlier today. not that anyone needs to know. but i feel sad. backwards spiritually.

Distraction techniques might help with you... I'd put on worship music if possible or audio Bible. But have you ever done like deep breathing/progressive muscle relaxation? That helped me tons....

If more physical sensation you need, ice on skin helped, or pressing the tendon between the thumb and index finger. It isn't harmful, but does give pain to wake the senses a little...

For visual drawing on skin with a red marker.... Art/journaling. Even back when I first got married I would have my husband hide the razors and knives in the house. That way if I did feel tempted I couldn't do much harm to myself.

But always treat your wounds. The self care is helpful to your emotions... And necessary.

But bring these things to the Lord, Lily. Keep praying against the urges and "starving" them, renewing your mind with the Word of God whenever possible. It can get better. It did for me.