Tammy Peterson: Rosary Testimony - (wife of Jordan Peterson)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for the welcome, my cousin.
I'm curious as to why you would address me as cousin rather than brother?
I know I am not quick to call others brother or sister.
And sometimes my mood affects how generous I am with familial labels.
Maybe "cousin" is more gender neutral? Not sure. - LOL :)

/

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
New topic. (shameless promotion)

/

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No one is, indeed, infallible...on their own. The Pope, however, is infallible when defining doctrine for the whole Church (and the world), in such a manner in which he intends it to apply to the whole world, as the successor of Peter. This infallibility is a guarantee from Christ, not something according to his own abilities.

During Jesus' time, the kings of that time often had a second-in-command, sort of a royal steward (see Isaiah 22 for an example). This royal steward ruled the kingdom when the king was unavailable (off to war, visiting another kingdom, ill, etc.). Whatever this royal steward ruled in the king's absence was upheld by the king upon his return. He ruled with the king's authority. The symbol of this office was a large key (or two), about 2-3 ft. long, which he carried over his shoulder. This office was dynastic, i.e., if the royal steward died, another was appointed to take his place. It was ongoing.

Look at Matt. 16:19, where Jesus is talking to Peter, whom He is appointing to such an office, to govern and sanctify after Jesus rose to heaven, "I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.” Every first century Jew knew exactly what Jesus was doing here! He was creating a dynastic office to rule and govern in His place on earth after He rose to heaven. It has His full authority. And the symbol of this office was the "keys" metioned in Matt. 16:19. If you ever look at the papal flag, you'll see two big keys pictured on it.
Hmm, well I would say that Jesus was and is His Father's royal steward.....all authority on heaven and on earth was given to Him. And since the ekklesia is His body with He as its Head, well....He is ruling still. He is not really away in that sense, but is very present with us by His Spirit. He is only "away" from places that quench the Spirit and aren't submitting to His rule.

Jesus was using a play on words in that scripture, apparently. Because HE is the Rock on which the house is being built....all through scripture both old and new testaments He is referred to as the Rock. Chief cornerstone. But the apostles and prophets also form part of the foundation (built plumb with that cornerstone) - that is, their inspired teachings (and I think their labours to establish the fledgling church as well). And guess what? They have already given us their/Christ's doctrine! So no need to be anxious on that account.....let your Pope know he can (and very much ought to in my opinion) take a long vacation - Jesus has it all in hand, and all glory, power and honour be to His Name alone. :)

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another. (Clergy/laity division is a clear violation of this…..Catholicism in spades and Protestantism never got rid of this worldly fleshly practice either.)
Some excellent points raised here....
The Protestant Reformation was not the uniting of those who fled Catholicism, but the freedom to read God’s word for themselves without hypocritical religious leaders dictating a religion that said...”don’t do as I do, just do as I say”.

This stems from the error of believing any man can be infallible. The Pope is not the infallible leader of the Christian faith.....he is the leader of a false religious body of people who never got to read God’s word for themselves and who therefore never had the chance to see what God said his truth was.
This Pope lives in a gold inlaid palace with servants, the church amassing wealth over the centuries with treasures stored on earth, but none in heaven.....and this whilst the majority of his flock continue to languish in poverty.

By dividing the congregation into clergy/laity, they gained power over the very ones they were supposed to serve and ended up with the people devoted to “the church” and serving them, instead of God, who was virtually replace by a supposedly infallible human. Red flags everywhere there for the person who has thinking ability and a heart searching for God and not finding him in the church that claims antiquity rather than scriptural truth for its foundation.
And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
The “body of Christ” has a purpose, but I find that most who claim to be of this “born again” body, have little knowledge of the purpose of their choosing. It seems to me that the focus is on “going to heaven” rather than knowing “why they were chosen from among mankind”, when God created us humans to live forever on this earth.....something is wrong with that picture.
I take it that those with greater gifts have a greater responsibility and spiritual authority. Particularly apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, and evangelists. But as the scriptures teach, we are all to submit to one another, and as well submit in a voluntary way to those who are over us in authority in the body of Christ, so as to not hinder and make their work more difficult than it already is. (Heb 13:17)
God has always provided teachers for his people, but with the Protestant Reformation, fallen human nature again got in the way. Satan sowed more “weeds” of counterfeit Christianity and provided many more false teachers....literally thousands of them.....What is the best way to confuse humans? Give them too many choices. But the choices are there by God’s permission because he is in the process of separating “the sheep from the goats”. Right this moment Jesus as our assigned judge, is making assessments of all of us to see who is attracted by the inconvenient truth and who accepts the comfortable lies because the majority do, and they don’t want to be ‘the odd man out’ and invite the criticism and ostracism that goes with being ‘different’.....especially from family members. (Matt 10:34-36)

This is the situation that the first century Jews found themselves in.
In Jewish society position, wealth and privilege dictated a lot of things socially. (Think back to the one argument that the apostles had among themselves many times.....”who was the greatest among them”? )

Jesus had a hard time trying to ‘edit out’ that very Jewish mindset, but he kept trying, and even demonstrated what real humility was by washing the feet of these men (who were also inheriters of Adam’s fallen flesh) when he was the perfect son of God....his position should have been one where all served the Master as God’s true representative on earth, but here was the Master serving the slaves.
it is sad, because as Jesus said, we cannot serve two masters or partake of two tables at the same time.
Sadly very few recognise that there are two tables serving food that looks good, but one table is serving food that is poisoned. It does not kill the body, but destroys the command center of all humans...their minds, as Paul said....but notice that only unbelievers are affected this way.....
2 Cor 4:3-4...
“If, in fact, the good news we declare is veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing, 4 among whom the god of this world (age) has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through.”

Blinded minds have all the senses numbed, so a spiritual blindness and deafness leads to them eating food that is contaminated, but they cannot not taste or smell that it is rotten.

God will allow us to choose the table with the food that we find most appeals to our hearts. We determine our own destiny by the choices we make.

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus was using a play on words in that scripture, apparently. Because HE is the Rock on which the house is being built....all through scripture both old and new testaments He is referred to as the Rock. Chief cornerstone. But the apostles and prophets also form part of the foundation (built plumb with that cornerstone) - that is, their inspired teachings (and I think their labours to establish the fledgling church as well).
Another good point.....”the rock” upon which the true church is built is Jesus himself......it never was Peter or his successors. The apostles taught only what Christ taught them. Jesus in turn taught only what his Father taught him.
There is a chain of command and no human can usurp it claiming authority from God to determine doctrine that is not found in the inspired scriptures.
And guess what? They have already given us their/Christ's doctrine! So no need to be anxious on that account.....let your Pope know he can (and very much ought to in my opinion) take a long vacation - Jesus has it all in hand, and all glory, power and honour be to His Name alone. :)
A very long vacation I think...although in Revelation 18:4-5, perhaps it will be taken out of his hands entirely, along with all who subscribe to the central core of false doctrines found in all those thousands of “daughters” who in the Reformation, took along some of their mother’s dirty laundry by their clinging to a central core of Catholic teachings.....the purging was not enough.

Jesus is the one who will clean up this mess as he has the authority from his God and Father to do so.

TheHC

Jun 22, 2021
Columbus
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm curious as to why you would address me as cousin rather than brother?
I know I am not quick to call others brother or sister.
And sometimes my mood affects how generous I am with familial labels.
Maybe "cousin" is more gender neutral? Not sure. - LOL :)

/
Wow, I’ve never been asked why before even though I say (write) it quite a lot!

No, it’s no association with gender neutrality… at least that’s not my reason.

I actually mean it in a fleshly sense. I believe we are all descendants of Adam & Eve; even more closely than that…. Through Noah and his wife!
So, howdy cousin!

Best wishes!

Reactions: St. SteVen