Tammy Peterson: Rosary Testimony - (wife of Jordan Peterson)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Story of Tammy's terminal cancer treatment and her spiritual journey, including a miracle of healing.
Brought me to tears. Partly because of my own current cancer treatment, and partly
because of the way we divide ourselves as Catholics and Protestants.
Differing means, same destination. (my take)

Tammy Peterson: Rosary Testimony​

Please respond in some way to:
- the video
- healing testimonies
- the power of prayer
- accepting others
- learning from Christian from diverse backgrounds
- positive effects of those outside your usual religious sphere
OK, St. SteVen, let's dispense with the warm fuzzies and see if catholicism matches the description of the "remnant" church - the church for which Christ will soon return - found in Revelation 12:17 KJV:

"And the dragon (Satan working through satanic/luciferian occult agencies) was wroth with the woman (church of Jesus Christ) and went to make war with the remnant of her seed (end times church for which He will return) which keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ".

So, what's a "remnant"? It's the last remaining portion of what was there in the beginning and is always identical to it - such as the "remnant" of a bolt of carpet or clothing material which is identical to the very first portion that was cut and sold.

So, does catholicism qualify as the "remnant" church? By her own words, she disqualifies herself as the "remnant" because she openly boasts the power to "change times, abrogate laws, and even dispense with the precepts of Christ" and is guilty of practicing this very thing: among other things, she presumes to change the Ten Commandments by eliminating 2nd commandment altogether, making the 4th commandment to refer to Sunday, and dividing the 10th commandment into two in order to make up the difference. By her own admission, she doesn't keep the same commandments as did the church established by Christ in the beginning kept, therefore, cannot be the "remnant" church for which Jesus will return.

This is the question: "Does my church keep the same Ten Commandments kept by the apostolic church?" If the answer is "no", there's no need in arguing with God, simply "confesseth and forsaketh" the error and you "shall have mercy" (Proverbs 28:16 KJV).

Reactions: Lizbeth

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So John’s baptism was only for the Jews as a symbol of their repentance over sins committed against God law. Whereas Jesus’ baptism was for a different reason….a unique one.
Christian baptism follows after the model that Jesus set….it was the beginning of a spiritual journey and a promise to do God’s will in life as Jesus did. It was later opened up to gentiles…
I don't recall Jesus saying anything about a model for baptism.
Other than perhaps in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
Which we see nowhere else in scripture after that. Only in Jesus' name.
Which "model" is correct?

All these baptism were full immersion baptisms because of the symbol of what going under the water and rising up again meant. Dying to a former course and pledging to enter a new life in imitation of the Christ, Jesus. This also invalidates infant baptism because there is no proxy arrangement…..no one can decide for an infant to become a Christian. They must make that decision for themselves when they are of age.
So, do you consider anyone having received infant baptism to be an unbaptized believer, or worse? (an unbeliever/unsaved)

/

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's a good point, actually.
A case was made for the effectiveness of the Rosary. A claim that it decided the outcome of a war.
While I appreciated the educational aspect of the claim, it didn't sit well with me otherwise.
And for the very reason you have stated. Thanks.

/
Rosary is essentially Mary-worship. Ten rote prayers to a dead woman..."holy Mary, mother of God".... for every one prayer to "our Father who art in heaven". That tells us enough already....Mary has priority and God is treated as almost an afterthought. This is not something the Lord would have His children have anything to do with.

I'm guessing the practice was invented to engage unbelievers (pagans) in outward religious activity and bring them into the fold of something that was called Christianity but wasn't/isn't really. When you have the Holy Spirit and are born again you don't need gimmicks like beads or other practices at all....the Holy Spirit has given us everything we need, He IS all we need.

Last edited:

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, St. SteVen, let's dispense with the warm fuzzies and see if catholicism matches the description of the "remnant" church - the church for which Christ will soon return - found in Revelation 12:17 KJV:
I stopped reading your post at this point.
I'm not here to promote Catholicism.
But I do accept Catholics as my brothers and sisters in Christ.
Even though they typically reject me.

1700566865093.jpeg1700566865093.jpeg1700566865093.jpeg1700566865093.jpeg

/

Reactions: Lambano and amadeus

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rosary is essentially Mary-worship. Ten rote prayers to a dead woman..."holy Mary, mother of God".... for every one prayer to "our Father who art in heaven". That tells us enough already....Mary has priority and God is treated as almost an afterthought. This is not something the Lord would have His children have anything to do with.

I'm guessing the practice was invented to engage unbelievers (pagans) in outward religious activity and bring them into the fold of something that was called Christianity but wasn't/isn't really. When you have the Holy Spirit and are born again you don't need gimmicks like beads or other practices at all....the Holy Spirit has given us everything we need, He IS all we need.
You make good points.
We tend to think that God will only receive us on his own terms.
The testimony in this video reminds me that God will meet us in the middle and work from there.
Not sure if you watched the video, but how would we explain the healing and prophecy revealed there?

Remember Balaam's donkey?

/

Reactions: amadeus

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Just want to mention that the Lord is very clear in His word about not adopting the practices of pagans to worship Him thereby....this is symbolically called strange fire. The only "fire" acceptable to Him on His altar of worship is fire that is pure because it comes down from heaven. Strange fire (pagan practices), is deception and doesn't lead to a good end. See what happened to the sons of Aaron in Lev. 10 when they tried offering strange fire to God. Pagans use all sorts of gimmicks and activities to "reach God", anything from beads to meditation to psychedelics, yoga, rituals, and the list goes on. None of these have any place in the life of the believer and God's true church....the Lord explicitly tells us not to do those things. We are not to be moved away from the simplicity of Christ.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just want to mention that the Lord is very clear in His word about not adopting the practices of pagans to worship Him thereby....this is symbolically called strange fire. The only "fire" acceptable to Him on His altar of worship is fire that is pure because it comes down from heaven. Strange fire (pagan practices), is deception and doesn't lead to a good end. See what happened to the sons of Aaron in Lev. 10 when they tried offering strange fire to God. Pagans use all sorts of gimmicks and activities to "reach God", anything from beads to meditation to psychedelics, yoga, rituals, and the list goes on. None of these have any place in the life of the believer and God's true church....the Lord explicitly tells us not to do those things. We are not to be moved away from the simplicity of Christ.
I think this is a good example of cherry-picking something out of the Old Testament, or New Testament for that matter, as a "proof-text" and then giving it a broad application when it was intended for a narrow application and specific audience. What was being addressed SPECIFICALLY in the passage about God not wanting the Israelites to use idolatrous methods to worship him?

Similar to Christians latching onto the scripture below thinking it will bless their lives.
But the context, pasted below that, shows who it was written for and why.

Jeremiah 29:11 NIV
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord,
“plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Jeremiah 29:10-14 NIV
This is what the Lord says: “When seventy years are completed for Babylon,
I will come to you and fulfill my good promise to bring you back to this place
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord,
12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.
13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
14 I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity.[a]
I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,”
declares the Lord, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.”

/

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think this is a good example of cherry-picking something out of the Old Testament, or New Testament for that matter, as a "proof-text" and then giving it a broad application when it was intended for a narrow application and specific audience. What was being addressed SPECIFICALLY in the passage about God not wanting the Israelites to use idolatrous methods to worship him?

Similar to Christians latching onto the scripture below thinking it will bless their lives.
But the context, pasted below that, shows who it was written for and why.

Jeremiah 29:11 NIV
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord,

Jeremiah 29:10-14 NIV
This is what the Lord says: “When seventy years are completed for Babylon,
I will come to you and fulfill my good promise to bring you back to this place
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord,
12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.
13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
14 I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity.[a]
I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,”
declares the Lord, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.”

/
So it's ok to use idolatrous ways to worship God then? He is pleased with that, and no harm will come from doing it? I think not. All scripture is profitable for our instruction, correction, rebuke, reproof. My own observation confirms the truth of His word, that strange fire leads astray into deception, opens the door to demons, and that God will give one over to it if they refuse to amend their ways. People really do choose their own delusion and then God gives them over to it in bondage. New testament says we can't eat of the Lord's table and the table of demons/idols at the same time. In other words if anyone is eating at the table of idols/demons they no longer have the Lord's table at all. Not good, and it explains why the Holy Spirit is lacking with those.

I dont' know why there are so many who prefer their own way over God's way these days. With some there is a matter of pride I think, and they'll try anything rather than submit to God. How about we just ask Him what He wants? Novel idea there. He is alive and ready to answer our seeking. But He is apparently not enough for many people, they insist on trying to figure it all out for themselves or they are bored with the simple humble gospel and ways of the Lord, so they try to reinvent the wheel and adopt all sorts of new (to them) and exciting entertaining methods and techniques and activities and congratulate themselves for being clever. So into captivity they go. Will God forgive them eventually after they have learned their lesson? I think there is a big "if" there.....because it's a matter of "if" they ever do learn their lesson and repent, and "if" they don't happen to die first. God's very complaint with many is that His "sheep have gone astray, every one to his OWN WAY." It's amazing how so right He always is, but so sad to watch.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So it's ok to use idolatrous ways to worship God then?
I've heard the same rationale used against those who worship on Sunday. (the "sun-god day")
Accusing them of kneeling at the altar of Baal. - smh

Pagan, pagan...

Ask any Catholic if the Rosary is idolatry. They'll set you straight.
cc: @Augustin56

God's very complaint with many is that His "sheep have gone astray, every one to his OWN WAY."
I guess heaven will be a very lonely place then. Something terribly wrong with that plan.

/

Last edited:

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All scripture is profitable for our instruction, correction, rebuke, reproof.
What was scripture when that was written?

Do you keep the seventh day Sabbath? Wear tassels? Bring your sacrifice to the Temple in Jerusalem?

/

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everything seems to have a way of testing hearts. There is no power but of God ultimately, but if anyone is giving glory, thanks and ascribing power to anything or anyone (including a formula or activity or religious organization) other than the Lord God they have stepped into a snare of idolatry. What does it profit to gain the whole world but lose one's soul?

If the Lord has been gracious to show mercy to anyone (in spite of their mistakes), all thanks and glory belong to Him alone.
Interesting note: Power and authority are not the same. Power is "taken." Authority is "given." God (Jesus) gave His Church and those running it His authority to govern and sanctify. He gave the Apostles and their successors the authority to forgive sins, among other things. (John 20:19-23) Christ identifies as one with His Church. (See Acts 9:4) Persecute Christ's Church and you persecute Christ.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't recall Jesus saying anything about a model for baptism.
Other than perhaps in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
Which we see nowhere else in scripture after that. Only in Jesus' name.
Which "model" is correct?
What does it mean to be baptized in Jesus’ name? It means to accept Jesus as God’s promised Messiah and to dedicate your life to the doing of God’s will as he did. Jesus was the model for us to follow. (1 Pet 2:21) If he was the model, then we follow the path he trod….imitating his example. He was baptized in symbol of his beginning a new life in dedicated service to his Father….so this is what we do as well. The act of baptism is meaningless unless the heart of the individual is convinced of God’s word of truth.

What did Jesus mean when he said that people should be baptized “in the name of” the Father, son and holy spirit? It was an acknowledgment of the role played by all three elements in a Christian’s spiritual journey. There is nothing that the son taught that did not come from his Father who was also his God, not just on earth but also in heaven. Four time in one verse uttered after his return to heaven, Jesus calls his Father “my God”…… can God have a God? (Rev 3:12)
The role of the holy spirit is clearly defined in the scriptures…..it is the administration of God’s power, which in the case of his son, empowered him to perform supernatural fetes. When his apostles were chosen they too could perform miracles when they were done in Jesus’ name. At Pentecost the holy spirit was poured out on 120 disciples who thereafter could also perform miracles…..speaking in languages that they had never learned, healing the sick and raising the dead. (Matt 10:1, 5-8)
So, do you consider anyone having received infant baptism to be an unbaptized believer, or worse? (an unbeliever/unsaved)
No one can make a dedication to God for someone else. Unlike the Jews who were born into a dedicated relationship with their God and were therefore compelled to obey his laws under penalty, Christians had to choose to serve God by becoming disciples of his son. It was not something to be undertaken like some kind of ritual that people felt compelled to do, (or to be even made afraid of consequences if they didn’t, such as purgatory, limbo or hell! None of which are scriptural BTW.) but if they didn’t understand the implications of what baptism meant in reality…what did it accomplish? It was an empty gesture that betrays a complete lack of understanding as to what baptism means to God…not to a church who merely follow the meaningless traditions of men.

Unless those who are of age, choose to get baptized in symbol of living a life in imitation of Christ, getting sprinkled with water as an infant is completely useless. It treats the act of baptism as the main element, when it never was. It is a symbol of something much more meaningful…something an infant cannot grasp.

Young children are linked to the faithful course of at least one believing parent, according to the apostle Paul.
1 Cor 7:14….
”For the unbelieving husband is sanctified in relation to his wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified in relation to the brother; otherwise, your children would be unclean, but now they are holy.”

What a great incentive for parents to remain faithful to God for the sake of their minor children who under their care and education would hopefully follow that believing parent in a faithful course themselves. (Like Timothy who was under the authority of Paul…his mother and grandmother were Jews but his father was Greek) They raised him as a faithful worshipper of the true God and as an adult he stuck to it.

However even God knows what it’s like to have children rebel and leave home to pursue a life alienated from their spiritual upbringing. This is free will….God gave it to all his children.…but all choices have consequences.

Becoming a faithful Christian is not guaranteed by the act of a church ritual, just because parents baptized their children as infants, thinking that it somehow saved them from hell…..Often these children go on to live immoral lives…..leading to them being unrepentant sinners…..so what was the point?
Did their baptism save them?
What do you think?

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I've heard the same rationale used against those who worship on Sunday. (the "sun-god day")

Pagan, pagan...
Did you never ask why a “Christian” church carried over a Jewish law to keep the Sabbath, but then change it to a day that the Romans dedicated to their principle deity? Sun worship is clearly part of Roman Catholicism.….hiding in plain sight…

1700602128363.png 1700602174629.png 1700602324872.png
When Jesus broke the bread at the last supper, was it in the shape of the sun?

Did you know that in St Peter’s square there is a Babylonian sun wheel that is clearly visible from above, and in the middle is an obelisk which was imported from Egypt as a symbol of the sun God, Ra?

Since holding Sabbath was a Jewish law only for Jews, where will I find any command to hold the Sabbath for Christians who would go on to become a majority of Gentiles?

How can Catholics set anyone straight when they themselves have been misled for centuries?
Ask the majority of Catholic people anything about the Bible and they usually can’t tell you anything. Most of them don’t know that their Catechism isn’t the Bible. The devil plays on ignorance.
I guess heaven will be a very lonely place then. Something terribly wrong with that plan.
Since, for the majority of human beings who have lived and died, their destiny was never heaven in the first place, how can heaven be a lonely place when it has God, his son, and myriads of faithful angels enjoying their lives there?

Only those chosen by God will take their place in heaven as “kings and priests” (Rev 20:6) bringing faithful mankind back to God’s original purpose for them. If God had wanted humans in heaven, why did he create them to live forever on earth? Or have you never carefully read Genesis?

The assumption that “all good people go to heaven” is a lie…..God never said he was going to save “good people”….he will save obedient ones because this was always included in his mandates to his chosen nation….that little word “IF” meant that “IF” they failed to obey him, he had the right of eviction, as he did with Adam and his disobedient wife. The penalty for big failures was usually death.

Jesus addressed the Jewish leaders with cutting statements in Matthew ch 23…..telling them what God thought of them, which was in direct contrast to what they thought of themselves…he concluded by saying….
”Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the killer of the prophets and stoner of those sent to her—how often I wanted to gather your children together the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings! But you did not want it. 38 Look! Your house is abandoned to you. 39 For I say to you, you will by no means see me from now until you say, ‘Blessed is the one who comes in Jehovah’s name!’” (Matt 23:37-39)

Just as the ax fell on unfaithful Israel, so the ax will fall on unfaithful Christendom.…the “weeds” of Jesus‘ parable. (Matt 13:24-30; 36-43) If we don’t identify the “weeds” (of all denominations who accept the core beliefs established by the Catholic church) and remove ourselves, separating from them completely, we will suffer the same fate. (Rev 18:4-5)

Jesus said “few” are on the road to life….but why? (Matt 7:13-14)

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Interesting note: Power and authority are not the same. Power is "taken." Authority is "given." God (Jesus) gave His Church and those running it His authority to govern and sanctify. He gave the Apostles and their successors the authority to forgive sins, among other things. (John 20:19-23) Christ identifies as one with His Church. (See Acts 9:4) Persecute Christ's Church and you persecute Christ.
The church of Jesus Christ is not made by the hands of man, it is composed of those who are born of the Spirit.....LIVING stones, with HE as the Head of it, by His Spirit.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Pagan, pagan...

cc: @Augustin56

/
I shake my head at the sad state of the church today. Few there be, that follow and obey Him.

2 Cor 11:3
But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

Reactions: Cassandra

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church of Jesus Christ is not made by the hands of man, it is composed of those who are born of the Spirit.....LIVING stones, with HE as the Head of it, by His Spirit.
Christ's Church is a visible Church, not an invisible one.

If thy brother shall offend against thee, go, and rebuke him between him and thee alone. If he shall hear thee, thou shalt gain thy brother. And if he will not hear thee, take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may stand. And if he will not hear them, tell the Church. And if he will not hear the Church, let him be to thee as a heathen and a publican. (Matt. 18:15–17)

Those words “tell the Church” are important. We might translate even more accurately “appeal to the Church.” You cannot appeal to what you cannot see, some invisible entity. Therefore any idea that the Church consists merely of those who make an act of faith in Christ, whose number is known to God alone, cannot be sustained in the light of this text. Moreover, the Church is a visible body with jurisdiction. You cannot appeal to the Church in case of a dispute if the Church has no power to make a decision. Our Lord is definite: Those who deliberately reject the authority of the Church must be cut off from communion. That is what a Jew would have understood by “let him be to thee as the heathen and publican.” There is no question here of the Church referred to being any other than the Church that Christ founded. This is a clear statement by our blessed Lord himself, God, of the authority He gave His Church. Paul acted upon it in the case of the incestuous Corinthian (1 Cor. 5:1–8). Although he was absent, he bade them carry out the sentence he had pronounced in his name and that of Christ. On this passage St. Thomas Aquinas wrote that the Corinthian “is thus separated from the society of the faithful, deprived of the sacraments and the suffrages of the Church, by all of which things a man is defended from the assaults of the devil.”

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Christ's Church is a visible Church, not an invisible one.

If thy brother shall offend against thee, go, and rebuke him between him and thee alone. If he shall hear thee, thou shalt gain thy brother. And if he will not hear thee, take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may stand. And if he will not hear them, tell the Church. And if he will not hear the Church, let him be to thee as a heathen and a publican. (Matt. 18:15–17)

Those words “tell the Church” are important. We might translate even more accurately “appeal to the Church.” You cannot appeal to what you cannot see, some invisible entity. Therefore any idea that the Church consists merely of those who make an act of faith in Christ, whose number is known to God alone, cannot be sustained in the light of this text. Moreover, the Church is a visible body with jurisdiction. You cannot appeal to the Church in case of a dispute if the Church has no power to make a decision. Our Lord is definite: Those who deliberately reject the authority of the Church must be cut off from communion. That is what a Jew would have understood by “let him be to thee as the heathen and publican.” There is no question here of the Church referred to being any other than the Church that Christ founded. This is a clear statement by our blessed Lord himself, God, of the authority He gave His Church. Paul acted upon it in the case of the incestuous Corinthian (1 Cor. 5:1–8). Although he was absent, he bade them carry out the sentence he had pronounced in his name and that of Christ. On this passage St. Thomas Aquinas wrote that the Corinthian “is thus separated from the society of the faithful, deprived of the sacraments and the suffrages of the Church, by all of which things a man is defended from the assaults of the devil.”
Well, I'll share some things I see regarding the body of Christ, taken from scripture. Jesus said, "Wherever two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst".......here He shows us the simplicity of Christ in basic form, for His body. There are gatherings of believers (congregations) who come together to pray and worship and minister and to edify itself..."the body edifying itself in love". Within those gatherings everyone has spiritual gifts distributed as the Spirit wills, and authority in the congregation depends on one's gifting and role. And nobody is infallible, everyone is accountable to one another so to speak, and to God. Jesus also gave guidelines regarding ministering (serving) and the exercise of authority.....because authority in the church is not like authority in the world.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Phoneman777
It's easy to identify a religious cult. They are in the church across the street from yours.
And they feel the same way about you. Where does that get us?

/
Do you consider yourself to be among God's people?

God will destroy His people who reject knowledge (Hosea 4:6 KJV).

Your brand of warm fuzzy religion will be among the most inflammatory destruction, which is why God sent me to sound the warning to you to stop legitimizing the papacy aka the antichrist of Bible prophecy.