Tammy Peterson: Rosary Testimony - (wife of Jordan Peterson)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Story of Tammy's terminal cancer treatment and her spiritual journey, including a miracle of healing.
Brought me to tears. Partly because of my own current cancer treatment, and partly
because of the way we divide ourselves as Catholics and Protestants.
Differing means, same destination. (my take)

Tammy Peterson: Rosary Testimony​

Please respond in some way to:
- the video
- healing testimonies
- the power of prayer
- accepting others
- learning from Christian from diverse backgrounds
- positive effects of those outside your usual religious sphere

/

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessings! Some times The Lord allows cancer(infirmities) to get us to where we need to be. Where He wants us to be. Now I will talk on a subject you may understand. Three years ago my psa was 70.07(dead man walking). By feel way to big to operate. By biopsy, not good. I instantly contacted a few members who I knew were my brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus from the two boards you and I are familiar with. to pray for my situation. Things started to improve right away. And I am grateful to all who took the time to do this. Along the way I have heard many things from The Lord(The Comforter) on this matter, so I do not pay this much mind. Today my psa is .02 and by feel is like a normal prostate. All of this I have put in The Lord's hands. It is not my battle to fight. I take man's medicine for this, but that is not where I put my trust in. My trust is only in The Lord(Jesus). In times past I have had The Lord heal me so I know this can be taken from at any time, but what is to be learned by that. Where is the test of faith in that. Yesterday I found my pm was locked shut in these forums but is now opened. If you ever need to talk, my door is open to you.
I have found, by way of gifting for my calling, that some Catholics indeed are my brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus. Shock shock Shock LOL.
One is either in Christ Jesus or they are not. One is either endwelled with The Holy Spirit or they are not.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not a Catholic nor could according to where I am now ever again, I believe, be a practicing Catholic, but should I or can I honestly denounce all experiences of Catholics?

I have at least three positive testimonies of my own experiences with God. One was when I was baptized Catholic at the age of 6 and felt the presence of God; a second was when I was praying alone in a field at the age of 10 years and made a vow to God; the third was when God smote my heart after confessing my sins to a priest at a young age. Each of those experiences strengthened my faith in God.

I stopped regular attendance as a Catholic not long after finishing high school in 1961. God called me to Him in 1976 but no longer as a Catholic.

In spite of those positive experiences, I believe that God called me out of there [out of Catholicism that is].

Consider also the following experience of Jesus:

Mt 15:22And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.
Mt 15:23But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.
Mt 15:24But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Mt 15:25Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.
Mt 15:26But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and cast it to dogs.
Mt 15:27And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.
Mt 15:28Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

Even though Jesus she was not one of the children natural Israel, her faith was great, and as a result her daughter was healed.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I stopped regular attendance as a Catholic not long after finishing high school in 1961. God called me to Him in 1976 but no longer as a Catholic.

In spite of those positive experiences, I believe that God called me out of there [out of Catholicism that is].
Great post, thanks.
I have heard this from many former Catholics.
What is it about the RCC that causes such determined separation?
Perhaps it happens with Protestantism as well. I just don't notice it as much. ???

/

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Rosary is the prayer of the Gospel. All the prayers and medidations are certainly in the Bible.

The Battle of Lepanti, where a much smaller European navy decisively beat off a much larger Muslim navy who were comeing to attach Euroope. The Pope asked everyone to pray the Rosary for a victory. Before it was even reported (remember, there were no cell phones, radios, etc., back in those days), the Pope announced that victory was at hand! And, it turned out he was right.

Many miracles have been associated with the Rosary, some large, some small.

• Love
Reactions: St. SteVen

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Great post, thanks.
I have heard this from many former Catholics.
What is it about the RCC that causes such determined separation?
Perhaps it happens with Protestantism as well. I just don't notice it as much. ???

/
As a former Protestant, who has conducted many Bible studies with Catholic people, I found that their anger was stirred when they discovered just how many Catholic doctrines are based on the teachings and traditions of men….they were never from the Bible in the first place. Jesus castigated the Jewish religious leaders for the same reason. (Matt 15:7-9)

Once they found out what the Bible actually taught, they left the Catholic Church, never to return.

To discover who the “Pope” is, and what his title “Pontiff” actually means…..to find out that the idolatry practiced so blatantly in the RCC was forbidden by God in the Ten Commandments…..to understand that death is NOT a continuation of life in some other place, in a different form, and that God will NOT roast souls in an eternal fire if they don’t accept Catholic doctrine….Its not hard to show Catholic people that the errors they are taught were never from the Bible….and to show what the Catholic inquisition did to innocent people.

Yet this was also my experience with Protestantism….finding out how much Catholic doctrine was carried over into the many fractured churches with a Protestant leaning, all teaching various doctrines which carried similar ideas, but never departing from the core teachings that unites them all. None of which originated in scripture. Jesus was Jewish, not Catholic….and he taught from a Jewish perspective.

Jews did not believe that God (Yahweh) was a multiple personality….he was “one” not three. (Deut 6:4)

He never taught that the soul was immortal, because humans were created to be mortals, who would live on this carefully and lovingly prepared earth in paradise conditions…forever. No sin would have resulted in no death. They had “the tree of life“ to guarantee unending life on earth….on the condition that they obeyed their God in all things. Free will carries with it, great responsibility.

A hell of eternal torment was never mentioned to a Jew because they believed in the resurrection of the dead. This was a return to life after a period spent in “Sheol/hades” which the Bible shows is the common grave of all mankind. (Eccl 9:5-6, 10) Since there is no immortal soul that lives on after death, there is no reason to invent places for them to go. The RCC got a bit carried away with that one.
A resurrection was a return to life, not a continuation of it somewhere else.

When reading about the teachings of Jesus, using various translations, interlinears and concordances, I discovered a completely counterfeit religious system masquerading as “Christianity“. These were the “weeds” of Jesus parable and they were to “grow together” with his true disciples even when the Catholic Church held absolute power over the kings of the earth for many centuries. Many Catholic monarchs would not make a move without counsel from their spiritual advisors…..so much for being “no part of the world”.

If any Christian today is meddling in, participating in, or debating politics….it is a very good indication that they have ignored Jesus teachings and become part of what God hates…..corrupt human rulership….completely controlled by God’s enemy.
1 John 5:19…
“We know that we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.”
How much of “the whole world” is not then guided by the devil? These rule by God’s permission for now, but soon the rule of his Kingdom will eliminate all corrupt human governments. (Dan 2:44)

Step back and see that there is very little love in people nowadays….but in many churches there is lots of judgment, and hatred expressed for those to whom Jesus was sent….the sinners and those who were lost. Judging the person along with their lifestyle is what the Pharisees did.….and many churches are gaining a reputation for their hatred, rather than for their love and compassion. Jesus died for all, but not all will be willing to make the necessary sacrifices in their lives to qualify to become citizens of God’s Kingdom.

God is giving everyone an opportunity to get to know him and his son, and to participate in a wonderful future. (John 17:3)

Jesus did not keep company with the sinners and the lost ones because he wanted to promote their sinful ways…he wanted to tell them that God loved them and that they could adjust their lifestyle to please him and thereby participate in a better life now, and have the hope of everlasting life in the future.

This is the ”good news” that Jesus wanted his disciples to preach. (Matt 24:14: Matt 28:19-20)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: TheHC

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Rosary is the prayer of the Gospel. All the prayers and medidations are certainly in the Bible.

The Battle of Lepanti, where a much smaller European navy decisively beat off a much larger Muslim navy who were comeing to attach Euroope. The Pope asked everyone to pray the Rosary for a victory. Before it was even reported (remember, there were no cell phones, radios, etc., back in those days), the Pope announced that victory was at hand! And, it turned out he was right.

Many miracles have been associated with the Rosary, some large, some small.
I hope you understand that God is not the only one who can perform supernatural feats…..(Matt 7:21-23; 2 Thess 2:9-12)
Repetitious prayers are meaningless to God as they do not convey what is in an individual’s heart.
What did Jesus say before he gave the oft repeated “Our Father” Prayer…?

Matt 6:6-13…..
“But when you pray, go into your private room and, after shutting your door, pray to your Father who is in secret. Then your Father who looks on in secret will repay you. 7 When praying, do not say the same things over and over again as the people of the nations do, for they imagine they will get a hearing for their use of many words. 8 So do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need even before you ask him.

9 “You must pray, then, this way:

“‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified. 10 Let your Kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also on earth. 11 Give us today our bread for this day; 12 and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. 13 And do not bring us into temptation, but deliver us from the wicked one.’….

He did not say “pray this prayer” but “pray this way”…using your own words from your own heart, based upon the priorities he listed in order of importance.

• Love
Reactions: TheHC and Cassandra

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would be interested to know more about that. (and how the beads assist)

I have been using breath prayers on occasion as a contemplation. (a different thing I know)
I'll pick a text and make my own. Like...

Behold, the Lamb of God... (inhale)
Who takes away the sin of the world. (exhale)

/

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He did not say “pray this prayer” but “pray this way”…using your own words from your own heart, based upon the priorities he listed in order of importance.
How many times have you heard this recited prayer below as a benediction in Protestant church services?
Do you deem it meaningless?

Numbers 6:24-26 NIV
“‘“The Lord bless you
and keep you;
25 the Lord make his face shine on you
and be gracious to you;
26 the Lord turn his face toward you
and give you peace.”’

/

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How many times have you heard this recited prayer below as a benediction in Protestant church services?
Do you deem it meaningless?

Numbers 6:24-26 NIV
“‘“The Lord bless you
and keep you;
25 the Lord make his face shine on you
and be gracious to you;
26 the Lord turn his face toward you
and give you peace.”’
Prayer is a conversation with God from our own heart….these words repeated have no real value when compared with a heartfelt expression in our own words to the one who made prayer open to all when offered in Jesus’ name.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a former Protestant, who has conducted many Bible studies with Catholic people, I found that their anger was stirred when they discovered just how many Catholic doctrines are based on the teachings and traditions of men….they were never from the Bible in the first place. Jesus castigated the Jewish religious leaders for the same reason. (Matt 15:7-9)

Once they found out what the Bible actually taught, they left the Catholic Church, never to return.
Sounds as if you may have been playing on their ignorance, and your own.
I think any educated Catholic understands that their doctrines are based on Church tradition.
To undermine that by quoting what Christ said to the Jewish religious leaders seems underhanded to me.
Actually you could put us back under the law using the same argument.

/

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would be interested to know more about that. (and how the beads assist)

I have been using breath prayers on occasion as a contemplation. (a different thing I know)
I'll pick a text and make my own. Like...

Behold, the Lamb of God... (inhale)
Who takes away the sin of the world. (exhale)

/
Medieval monks had a practice of daily praying the 150 psalms. Since lay brothers of the orders were illiterate and couldn’t read the psalms, among them arose the practice of reciting the Our Father 150 times. Beads were used to keep track of the prayers. (The word “bede” in Middle English, from which we derive the word “bead,” originally meant “prayer.”) This practice spread among the laity, and other easily-remembered prayers were added. During the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries the rosary settled into its present form. It now consists of the Apostles’ Creed, the Our Father, the Hail Mary, and the Gloria.

The Apostles’ Creed appeared first as a second-century Roman baptismal creed, and it took its present form in the 400s. Although this creed wasn’t written by the apostles, it’s generally agreed it could very well have been of apostolic origin.

The Our Father is prayed on the solitary beads that separate the groups of ten beads (the “decades”). Every Christian is familiar with this prayer, which is found in Matthew 6:9-13.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prayer is a conversation with God from our own heart….these words repeated have no real value when compared with a heartfelt expression in our own words to the one who made prayer open to all when offered in Jesus’ name.
Sounds like you are putting some very legalistic limits on prayer.
You have dismissed invocations and benedictions. Anything else you care to trash?

/

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Where do prayer beads come from? Certainly NOT from the Bible…..
Most people who use the Rosary believe that the practice originated with Christianity. However, historical evidence discloses that the practice of reciting prayers and counting them on a string of beads predated the beginning of Christianity.

Commenting on the origin of the Rosary, The World Book Encyclopedia says: “Prayer beads are of ancient origin, and were probably first used by the Buddhists. Both Buddhists and Muslims make use of them in their prayers.” The Catholic Encyclopedia acknowledges that prayer beads were universally familiar to non-Christians for centuries and were in use long before the Catholic Church adopted the Rosary.

Did God allow Israel to invent their own manner of worship? Or to adopt things from false religion? When they did, he punished them…..what does that tell us about deviating from the path Jesus set? We are “not to go beyond what is written” as if what is in the scriptures is not enough…..it is all we need.

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope you understand that God is not the only one who can perform supernatural feats…..(Matt 7:21-23; 2 Thess 2:9-12)
Repetitious prayers are meaningless to God as they do not convey what is in an individual’s heart.
What did Jesus say before he gave the oft repeated “Our Father” Prayer…?

Matt 6:6-13…..
“But when you pray, go into your private room and, after shutting your door, pray to your Father who is in secret. Then your Father who looks on in secret will repay you. 7 When praying, do not say the same things over and over again as the people of the nations do, for they imagine they will get a hearing for their use of many words. 8 So do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need even before you ask him.

9 “You must pray, then, this way:

“‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified. 10 Let your Kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also on earth. 11 Give us today our bread for this day; 12 and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. 13 And do not bring us into temptation, but deliver us from the wicked one.’….

Aunty Jane, you have given an excellent example of why Christianity isn't to be approached with a "do-it-yourself, I'm going to reinvent the theological wheel myself" approach. Jesus didn't hand out the King James Bible to the Apostles and say, "Make as many copies of this as you can, spread it out, teach people to read, and tell them that whatever they think it means, will be true." That never happened.

In fact, if you'll read 2 Peter 1:20-21, St. Peter warns against "personal interpration" of Scripture.

Jesus founded a (ONE) Church, and promised to remain with His Church until the end of the world, protecting it from teaching doctrinal error. If you disagree with the Catholic Church because you personally interpret some part of Scripture that you think opposes what Christ's Church teaches, then it is you who are wrong, not the Church. St. Paul says, in 1 Tim 3:15, that the Church is the "pillar and foundation of truth." Nowhere does he say someone coming along 2000 years later, personally interpreting a translation of the Bible into English, is anywhere near that.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To discover who the “Pope” is, and what his title “Pontiff” actually means…..to find out that the idolatry practiced so blatantly in the RCC was forbidden by God in the Ten Commandments…..to understand that death is NOT a continuation of life in some other place, in a different form, and that God will NOT roast souls in an eternal fire if they don’t accept Catholic doctrine….Its not hard to show Catholic people that the errors they are taught were never from the Bible….and to show what the Catholic inquisition did to innocent people.
A virtual fount of misinformation. Blatant idolatry? Wow.
I don't recall meeting any Catholics that didn't believe in a forever burning hell.
Some Orthodox people are Universalist, but other than that...

/

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yet this was also my experience with Protestantism….finding out how much Catholic doctrine was carried over into the many fractured churches with a Protestant leaning, all teaching various doctrines which carried similar ideas, but never departing from the core teachings that unites them all. None of which originated in scripture. Jesus was Jewish, not Catholic….and he taught from a Jewish perspective.

Jews did not believe that God (Yahweh) was a multiple personality….he was “one” not three. (Deut 6:4)

He never taught that the soul was immortal, because humans were created to be mortals, who would live on this carefully and lovingly prepared earth in paradise conditions…forever. No sin would have resulted in no death. They had “the tree of life“ to guarantee unending life on earth….on the condition that they obeyed their God in all things. Free will carries with it, great responsibility.

A hell of eternal torment was never mentioned to a Jew because they believed in the resurrection of the dead. This was a return to life after a period spent in “Sheol/hades” which the Bible shows is the common grave of all mankind. (Eccl 9:5-6, 10) Since there is no immortal soul that lives on after death, there is no reason to invent places for them to go. The RCC got a bit carried away with that one.
A resurrection was a return to life, not a continuation of it somewhere else.

When reading about the teachings of Jesus, using various translations, interlinears and concordances, I discovered a completely counterfeit religious system masquerading as “Christianity“. These were the “weeds” of Jesus parable and they were to “grow together” with his true disciples even when the Catholic Church held absolute power over the kings of the earth for many centuries. Many Catholic monarchs would not make a move without counsel from their spiritual advisors…..so much for being “no part of the world”.

If any Christian today is meddling in, participating in, or debating politics….it is a very good indication that they have ignored Jesus teachings and become part of what God hates…..corrupt human rulership….completely controlled by God’s enemy.
1 John 5:19…
“We know that we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.”
How much of “the whole world” is not then guided by the devil? These rule by God’s permission for now, but soon the rule of his Kingdom will eliminate all corrupt human governments. (Dan 2:44)

Step back and see that there is very little love in people nowadays….but in many churches there is lots of judgment, and hatred expressed for those to whom Jesus was sent….the sinners and those who were lost. Judging the person along with their lifestyle is what the Pharisees did.….and many churches are gaining a reputation for their hatred, rather than for their love and compassion. Jesus died for all, but not all will be willing to make the necessary sacrifices in their lives to qualify to become citizens of God’s Kingdom.

God is giving everyone an opportunity to get to know him and his son, and to participate in a wonderful furniture. (John 17:3)

Jesus did not keep company with the sinners and the lost ones because he wanted to promote their sinful ways…he wanted to tell them that God loved them and that they could adjust their lifestyle to please him and thereby participate in a better life now, and have the hope of everlasting life in the future.

This is the ”good news” that Jesus wanted his disciples to preach. (Matt 24:14: Matt 28:19-20)
Aunty Jane, seriously, do you just make this stuff as you go along, or is someone doing it for you?

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In fact, if you'll read 2 Peter 1:20-21, St. Peter warns against "personal interpration" of Scripture.
That's NOT what that means.
The prophets spoke from God (verbatim/prophetically) not in their own words.
Doesn't your Magisterium interpret scripture "officially"?
As did the Bible translators who gave us the scriptures in our own language.
They were using doctrinal bias as well.

2 Peter 1:20-21 NIV
Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture
came about by the prophet’s own interpretation of things.
21 For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets,
though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

/

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where do prayer beads come from? Certainly NOT from the Bible…..
Where do church pews come from? Certainly NOT from the Bible…..
Who was seated in this scripture below? (leadership, or congregation?)

1 Corinthians 14:29-30 NIV
Two or three prophets should speak, and the others should weigh carefully what is said.
30 And if a revelation comes to someone who is sitting down, the first speaker should stop.

/