Tattoos

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Agree also with Unorthodox Christian. Leviticus 19:28 is the only scriptures forbidden to have tatoos. And is not Christ our Temple? (I Corinthians 3:17, II Corinthians 6:16) Is not our body part of His? I say we shouldn't do it.JagLovest ye in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(thesuperjag;26715)
Agree also with Unorthodox Christian. Leviticus 19:28 is the only scriptures forbidden to have tatoos. And is not Christ our Temple? (I Corinthians 3:17, II Corinthians 6:16) Is not our body part of His? I say we shouldn't do it.JagLovest ye in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.
OK, but if you say the verse in Lev stands regarding no tattoos, shouldn't you also say that men shouldn't cut their beards or the sides of their hair - and farmers shouldn't harvest the edges of their fields which are laws in the same chapter? And for the record, I'm only trying to understand your argument. I do not have tattoos - nor would I be happy if my children wanted them - so this is sooooo not a personal "issue" for me.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Peacebewithyou;26752)
(thesuperjag;26715)
OK, but if you say the verse in Lev stands regarding no tattoos, shouldn't you also say that men shouldn't cut their beards or the sides of their hair - and farmers shouldn't harvest the edges of their fields which are laws in the same chapter?And for the record, I'm only trying to understand your argument. I do not have tattoos - nor would I be happy if my children wanted them - so this is sooooo not a personal "issue" for me.I wasn't imply an argument, nor do I even want an arguments. And no, I don't think its literally cutting your hair. Paul talks about men ought to have short hair and girls ought to have long hair in I Corinthians 11. I think it has to do with the Pagan practices, since that verse before the tattoo part, "Do not make cutting of your flesh for the dead..."JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(thesuperjag;26756)
I wasn't imply an argument, nor do I even want an arguments. And no, I don't think its literally cutting your hair. Paul talks about men ought to have short hair and girls ought to have long hair in I Corinthians 11. I think it has to do with the Pagan practices, since that verse before the tattoo part, "Do not make cutting of your flesh for the dead..."JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.
"argument" wasn't the proper word. What I meant was that I'm only trying to understand your position - and it's not like I'm covered in tattoos myself so that it's personal. I've often wondered why the book of Lev is used to support a stand on a particular subjuect (such as tattoos) when other verses seem to be dismissed. (such as the beard/hair cutting).

mcdanielnc89

Dec 9, 2007
Hmm interesting. If you aren't to cut ur hair and you do what's the difference to the tattoo issue.. NONE! 75% of females half earrings? is that a sin? shouldn't be in ur book of sins.. As i liek the statement "Piercing saved my life" jesus had been nailed therefore having holes in him.. I know he prolly wouldn't have ever had holes if he wouldn't have saacrifieced his life for us but still.. i see absolutely nothign wrong with it. It's how Your relationship with him matters. In my opinion anyhow...

Nov 8, 2007
As i liek the statement "Piercing saved my life" jesus had been nailed therefore having holes in him.
One of the weakest things I've heard in my life in an attempt to justify tattoos. I don't even know if I should address this. *smh*

mcdanielnc89

Dec 9, 2007
nayve you should read it again!! and take it as it is needed to be taken. Piercing did save my life.... whether u like it or not.

XhannahX

Dec 6, 2007
off topic a bit here at the end. you guys seem to have talked loads about my thread!! helpful some of them!! thanks.. like i said it is quite a contraverisal subject (if thats the right word for it)I already have tattoos and have booked in for another one soon. thanks for the points to think about though. keep debating about it. its interesting to read.

Reactions: farouk
Status
Not open for further replies.