Temporal Salvation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I was in the military and was a sergeant, so I know how some have a difficult time with simplicity. But teaching the very thing our Lord Jesus warned us about, i.e., doctrines of men that are not written in God's Word, that is a whole other matter of which there is no excuse. So when I accuse, I have a valid reason. And of course those who stray from God's written Word to teach other things, especially politically correct things of this world, deserve rebuke, whether they like it or not, and whether they think they can be judged by another brother or not. Biblical ideas of judgment can mean different things; we have no power or authority to judge one to hell, but we can say whether a brother is 'in danger' of going to hell because of their wrong works, but I'm not even doing that here. So I don't care if you like me, or what I say or not.
Don't think we're understanding one another, but that's okay, it shouldn't cause us not to want to care about each other, which is what everything is purposed for. Love you in Christ!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It's my understanding that one can only reject that which is not received, hence "rejection".

I understand it that the foolish virgins were not sincere, evidencing a casual desire in not ensuring they were ready; and the Lord showed were not believers (v 12).

He was "unprofitable," Greek "achreios," good for nothing, esp, concerning faith and unbelieving.
If they don't abide in eternal life, they never had it in the first place; John's Epistle and Romans 8 (etc.) seem very clear...

Reactions: Netchaplain