Thanking God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
Here's a rather bizarre example....

Franklin Graham

"When Jerel Wade turned on the weather on Easter Sunday morning he saw that a deadly twister—one of many that struck across the South—was headed straight to his parents' Soso, Miss. home. He texted them and they immediately took cover in their bathroom. When Robert and Judy Wade emerged, they stepped out into wholesale destruction. A massive tree lay against the house, the roof had collapsed into the kitchen, and the refrigerator had vanished. Amazingly, the pound cake Judy Wade had baked earlier that morning was still sitting perfectly intact on the kitchen counter under a glass cover. Jerel said, "'I’ve seen His hand of mercy, I hear his voice of cheer. And, just the time I need Him, He’s always near.’ This Easter hymn has come to life. My parents were home during this storm. Their house was completely destroyed. But, their lives and Mama’s pound cake were spared.”

Some 30 people were killed in storms Easter weekend. Samaritan's Purse disaster relief teams are helping with cleanup in four states. Our program manager met the Wade family yesterday and was able to rejoice with them. Pray for all those who are grieving and those trying to pick up the pieces. No matter what kind of storm you are going through in life, God loves you and will be there to help you through it if you’ll just ask Him. He is “our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble” (Psalm 46:1).

safe_image.php
"​

Er.......what? 30 people dead, lives destroyed, but praise God for sparing the pound cake? o_O

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's a rather bizarre example....

Franklin Graham

"When Jerel Wade turned on the weather on Easter Sunday morning he saw that a deadly twister—one of many that struck across the South—was headed straight to his parents' Soso, Miss. home. He texted them and they immediately took cover in their bathroom. When Robert and Judy Wade emerged, they stepped out into wholesale destruction. A massive tree lay against the house, the roof had collapsed into the kitchen, and the refrigerator had vanished. Amazingly, the pound cake Judy Wade had baked earlier that morning was still sitting perfectly intact on the kitchen counter under a glass cover. Jerel said, "'I’ve seen His hand of mercy, I hear his voice of cheer. And, just the time I need Him, He’s always near.’ This Easter hymn has come to life. My parents were home during this storm. Their house was completely destroyed. But, their lives and Mama’s pound cake were spared.”

Some 30 people were killed in storms Easter weekend. Samaritan's Purse disaster relief teams are helping with cleanup in four states. Our program manager met the Wade family yesterday and was able to rejoice with them. Pray for all those who are grieving and those trying to pick up the pieces. No matter what kind of storm you are going through in life, God loves you and will be there to help you through it if you’ll just ask Him. He is “our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble” (Psalm 46:1).

safe_image.php
"​

Er.......what? 30 people dead, lives destroyed, but praise God for sparing the pound cake? o_O

Oh come on....even you are not that naive to think that he was thankful for the pound cake being spared. Can we twist and turn a comment in a thousand directions to make it say what we want it to mean instead of what the person meant? This is what God considers a bearer of tales, and a false witness.

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
Oh come on....even you are not that naive to think that he was thankful for the pound cake being spared. Can we twist and turn a comment in a thousand directions to make it say what we want it to mean instead of what the person meant? This is what God considers a bearer of tales, and a false witness.
Why even mention it? 30 people died.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why even mention it? 30 people died.
To emphasize how God protected them from being harmed and how bizarre that the house was destroyed but the cake remained perfectly intact.
I would praise God as well for sparing the lives of my loved ones.

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
To emphasize how God protected them from being harmed
That's the point. The implication there is that God didn't protect the 30 people who died and the others who were hurt. That's the basis for this...

8449e492dc516921c7122641fd6cabcc14f3e99f3bee6fc1382a44d46711e34a.jpg

I would praise God as well for sparing the lives of my loved ones.
And what would you say to the relatives of those who died? "I guess God didn't want to spare your loved ones?"

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's the point. The implication there is that God didn't protect the 30 people who died and the others who were hurt. That's the basis for this...

8449e492dc516921c7122641fd6cabcc14f3e99f3bee6fc1382a44d46711e34a.jpg

And what would you say to the relatives of those who died? "I guess God didn't want to spare your loved ones?"
I can't challenge the Sovereignty of God, but as scripture says it rains on the just and unjust alike. God will show mercy to whom He will.
“For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.”
— Romans 9:15 (KJV)

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
I can't challenge the Sovereignty of God, but as scripture says it rains on the just and unjust alike. God will show mercy to whom He will.
“For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.”
— Romans 9:15 (KJV)
Just as I said..."I guess God didn't want to spare your loved ones."

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just as I said..."I guess God didn't want to spare your loved ones."
As I said I can't question, know, assume or guess the mind and will of God in areas concerning tragedy and death.
It's easy to Praise Him when everything is blessed and prosperous.
Who can praise Him when it's tragedy and death? Not many will.....but Job did.

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
As I said I can't question, know, assume or guess the mind and will of God in areas concerning tragedy and death.
It's easy to Praise Him when everything is blessed and prosperous.
Who can praise Him when it's tragedy and death? Not many will.....but Job did.
Just have faith, eh?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just have faith, eh?
Praising God in good times or bad times is not about faith it is about accepting His Sovereignty and continuing in His ways no matter what....and to Praise Him for He is Worthy of all Praise.

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
Praising God in good times or bad times is not about faith it is about accepting His Sovereignty and continuing in His ways no matter what....and to Praise Him for He is Worthy of all Praise.
Okay then.