Thanking God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nah, won't be necessary. He feared that which can kill the soul in hell so much that he was willing to forsake his mission on earth if it be his Fathers will. And that makes all the sense in the world to you.

What in the burning koala do you mean by this?
Mark 8:31-33 KJV
And he began to teach them, that the Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders, and of the chief priests, and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again. [32] And he spake that saying openly. And Peter took him, and began to rebuke him. [33] But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark 8:31-33 KJV
And he began to teach them, that the Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders, and of the chief priests, and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again. [32] And he spake that saying openly. And Peter took him, and began to rebuke him. [33] But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men.

Ok, and this proves exactly what now? He fully understood his mission, is all this is. It doesn't mean he had no fear. He clearly did, otherwise he wouldn't have uttered a word out of his mouth about forsaking his mission to his Father.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, and this proves exactly what now? He fully understood his mission, is all this is. It doesn't mean he had no fear. He clearly did, otherwise he wouldn't have uttered a word out of his mouth about forsaking his mission to his Father.
Is Jesus a hypocrite?

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but I'm not prepared to say He was afraid of what man could do to Him.

Yet he was just as human as we were, so I think that about narrows down why he said what he said to his Father. If he was the fearless, macho superman Christians try and portray him to be, as if there was nothing for him to overcome, an angel wouldn't have to come to him to give him the strength to continue. Just like he was tempted like every human in existence, so to did he have fears just like we do.

(Luke 22:40-43) "And when he was at the place, he said unto them, Pray that ye enter not into temptation. {41} And he was withdrawn from them about a stone’s cast, and kneeled down, and prayed, {42} Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done. {43} And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him."

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet he was just as human as we were, so I think that about narrows down why he said what he said to his Father. If he was the fearless, macho superman Christians try and portray him to be, as if there was nothing for him to overcome, an angel wouldn't have to come to him to give him the strength to continue. Just like he was tempted like every human in existence, so to did he have fears just like we do.
Okay, I respect your opinion.

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
New International Version
I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things.

New Living Translation
I create the light and make the darkness. I send good times and bad times. I, the LORD, am the one who does these things.

English Standard Version
I form light and create darkness; I make well-being and create calamity; I am the LORD, who does all these things.

Berean Study Bible
I form the light and create the darkness; I bring prosperity and create calamity. I, the LORD, do all these things.

New American Standard Bible
The One forming light and creating darkness, Causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the LORD who does all these.

New King James Version
I form the light and create darkness, I make peace and create calamity; I, the LORD, do all these things.

King James Bible
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
the assumption that Yah makes one sick--when the sickness is invariably self-inflicted--makes your Q moot imo, sorry.​
I'm not following. You just quoted the Bible as saying God makes bad things happen, but you follow that up by saying sickness is self-inflicted. Those are contradictory.

my guess is that that is why believers are the most roundly condemned in the Bible; after all, they actually have no "beliefs," only Absolute Truths that you are required to agree with or be doomed by them, and etc
You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are.
Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that person is worse than the first.

Interesting.

bc that is how pagans pray, why not let them enjoy their time under the servants? Knowledge of the Bible--which certainly does not condone that prayer btw--will come soon enough i guess, and the truth is not so pleasant
LOL...That's most of what I've seen at CB since I joined ("believers" who pray for God to do things). I bet you're real popular here. ;)

Reactions: bbyrd009

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
You seem to think you have a better idea than Gods.
Keep in mind that from my perspective, I'm looking at what other people are telling me are the gods' ideas. So when someone tells me what they think is the plan of a god, and that plan doesn't make sense, I'm probably going to conclude that the person is wrong and the plan is not that of a god.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keep in mind that from my perspective, I'm looking at what other people are telling me are the gods' ideas. So when someone tells me what they think is the plan of a god, and that plan doesn't make sense, I'm probably going to conclude that the person is wrong and the plan is not that of a god.
Crazy thing is most of it makes absolutely no sense. Maybe this is why faith is required, because I consider myself to have a very analytical way of approaching everything I do. I actually hate the fact that He hasn't given you the ability too believe, because I'm not so short sighted that I can't remember living in unbelief.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Crazy thing is most of it makes absolutely no sense. Maybe this is why faith is required, because I consider myself to have a very analytical way of approaching everything I do. I actually hate the fact that He hasn't given you the ability too believe, because I'm not so short sighted that I can't remember living in unbelief.
Christ Crucified !

Rejected by unbelieving gentiles,
and
by unbelieving Jews.

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
Crazy thing is most of it makes absolutely no sense. Maybe this is why faith is required
That's a big reason why I've never once believed what Christianity was selling. As soon as someone answers with "you just have to have faith", I'm out.

because I consider myself to have a very analytical way of approaching everything I do. I actually hate the fact that He hasn't given you the ability too believe, because I'm not so short sighted that I can't remember living in unbelief.
That's interesting, because even though I was raised in a very Christian environment, I can't recall ever believing any of it.