Thanking God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a big reason why I've never once believed what Christianity was selling. As soon as someone answers with "you just have to have faith", I'm out.

That's interesting, because even though I was raised in a very Christian environment, I can't recall ever believing any of it.
Pump the brakes,,,,,, I'm in no way implying I'm deserving that's not at all the case. This is among the very hardest things I've yet too understand. I'm certain your a much better person than i, I've done many things that I'm remorseful of in my life and still to this day have things in my life I wrestle with. Maybe this is the difference in us, maybe the only difference is I have a need due to knowing my truth?

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
So the topic of someone thanking God for sparing some object during a natural disaster came up at the blog again, and here are some of the memes that I think capture the bewilderment over it all among non-Christians....

8449e492dc516921c7122641fd6cabcc14f3e99f3bee6fc1382a44d46711e34a.jpg

ff5a0c1336f3741cbe3c23e313864c88414ae74721689faac1ea3c5176b79b2f.jpg

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
Pump the brakes,,,,,, I'm in no way implying I'm deserving that's not at all the case. This is among the very hardest things I've yet too understand. I'm certain your a much better person than i, I've done many things that I'm remorseful of in my life and still to this day have things in my life I wrestle with. Maybe this is the difference in us, maybe the only difference is I have a need due to knowing my truth?
I honestly have no idea (since I don't know anything about you). Either way, I wish you all the best. :)

Reactions: Waiting on him

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ Crucified !

Rejected by unbelieving gentiles,
and
by unbelieving Jews.

I remember being lambasted a while back by a "believer" for having the audacity to suggest that God did not have any other choice but to offer his son as the sacrifice. The Bible says the way is straight and narrow and that way is Jesus, but this character claimed otherwise.
default_turned.gif

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I'm not following. You just quoted the Bible as saying God makes bad things happen, but you follow that up by saying sickness is self-inflicted. Those are contradictory.
ah, hmm, i guess they are from one pov, but neednt be at all from another? Why cant Yah cause disasters, and i also be responsible for getting sick?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I remember being lambasted a while back by a "believer" for having the audacity to suggest that God did not have any other choice but to offer his son as the sacrifice. The Bible says the way is straight and narrow and that way is Jesus, but this character claimed otherwise.
default_turned.gif
No son of man may die for another's sins;
I desire mercy, not sacrifice

we just expect Yah to be a hypocrite too, i guess?

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
ah, hmm, i guess they are from one pov, but neednt be at all from another? Why cant Yah cause disasters, and i also be responsible for getting sick?
Well it certainly could be both, sure. But specific to the pandemic, I'm not sure what your point was.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
LOL...That's most of what I've seen at CB since I joined ("believers" who pray for God to do things). I bet you're real popular here. ;)
ha it's a love/hate thing, i guess; just got out of jail lol. But best i can recall the "we are taught to pray like pagans" rant didnt get rolling until after that. But yeh believers dont take kindly to stuff like No one has ever gone up to heaven Quoted at them, i guess. Cant say i blame them much tbh

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Well it certainly could be both, sure. But specific to the pandemic, I'm not sure what your point was.
ah well i've just come to and found myself sitting at a keyboard, really; fwiw i wouldnt pay much attention to anything i say anyway, it's all crap :D
but specific to the pandemic, Yah might very well manifest a virus to bring down the weak and strengthen herd immunity thereby--creating "evil" iow--that any normal, healthy person/immune system would not even notice, as a for-instance.

Of course ive made that sound as if Personal Action was taken when i srsly doubt that is how it works, but whatevs

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No son of man may die for another's sins;

we just expect Yah to be a hypocrite too, i guess?

Well, I don't know where you got the "No son of man may die for another's sins" part from.

(Matthew 9:10-13) "¶ And it came to pass, as Jesus sat at meat in the house, behold, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with him and his disciples. {11} And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners? {12} But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick. {13} But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."

I don't see any hypocrisy here. The only hypocrisy I see are those injecting their own image of what they believe God is supposed to be, from "believers" and non-believers alike.

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
ah well i've just come to and found myself sitting at a keyboard, really; fwiw i wouldnt pay much attention to anything i say anyway, it's all crap :D
Welcome to the club. ;)

but specific to the pandemic, Yah might very well manifest a virus to bring down the weak and strengthen herd immunity thereby--creating "evil" iow--that any normal, healthy person/immune system would not even notice, as a for-instance.
Kinda like the memes, that would mean the gods have bad aim (since many victims are otherwise healthy).

Of course ive made that sound as if Personal Action was taken when i srsly doubt that is how it works, but whatevs
All righty then.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well, I don't know where you got the "No son of man may die for another's sins" part from.

I don't see any hypocrisy here. The only hypocrisy I see are those injecting their own image of what they believe God is supposed to be, from "believers" and non-believers alike.

Perhaps Ezekiel 18 is what you are looking for.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If it was searchable it would have easily popped up on Google. There is no such scripture as far as I can see.
hmm, really? pops up in my google easy, sorry...no son of man may die for another's sins
Ezekiel 18:20 Deuteronomy 24:16
Ezekiel 18:20 Lexicon: "The person who sins will die. The son will not bear the punishment for the father's iniquity, nor will the father bear the punishment for the son's iniquity; the righteousness of the righteous will be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked will be upon himself.
Deuteronomy 24:16 Lexicon: "Fathers shall not be put to death for their sons, nor shall sons be put to death for their fathers; everyone shall be put to death for his own sin.
also in the Esau story, in code,
give me some of that red stew, for i am famished unto death!

and other places, Oh daughters of Jerusalem, do not find love until you are ready, some other refs. I guess its hard for us to comprehend a God that really does not need nor want a sacrifice?

also "Jesus died for our sins" cannot be Quoted, but Christ died for our sins can? So, plenty of corroborating stuff too. Imo it even makes why have You forsaken Me? to make sense, even Pick up your cross and follow Me, which would be completely unnecessary if Jesus was indeed a sacrifice for us, right?

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I remember being lambasted a while back by a "believer" for having the audacity to suggest that God did not have any other choice but to offer his son as the sacrifice.
yet it was Caiaphas who said that it would be better that one die for all,
John 18:14 John 11:50

(Yah not having any choice, hmm) so maybe i still agree, in a sense
The Bible says the way is straight and narrow and that way is Jesus, but this character claimed otherwise.
default_turned.gif
the diff in following and "giving obeisance to" i guess, or what we now call "worshipping," as the Two Greeks Jesus "hid from" illustrate, although that is also obscured

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
i suspect this is not true;
It's true. COVID has killed otherwise healthy people. It's at a much lower rate than those over 70, and those with pre-existing conditions, but it happens nonetheless.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha it's a love/hate thing, i guess; just got out of jail lol. But best i can recall the "we are taught to pray like pagans" rant didnt get rolling until after that. But yeh believers dont take kindly to stuff like No one has ever gone up to heaven Quoted at them, i guess. Cant say i blame them much tbh
Not all are ranting at you my friend. Good to see you back probing at the those who are stuck in their grooves. To stagnate is to die again, if one has ever lived at all.