That Ain't It

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Alphabet

Jul 15, 2007
From: Our Daily Bread Booklet for June – July – August 2007July 18, WednesdayBy: Cindy Hess KasperThat Ain’t It!Visiting Alaska for the first time, I was excited that we were staying a the Mt. McKinley Lodge. As we were checking in, I caught a glimpse of a mass of rock through a large picture window, and I hurried out to the deck facing the mountain.“Wow,” I murmured softly as I took in the view.A man standing a few feet away said, “Uh, . . . that aint’ it!”As I discovered that day, visitors to Alaska often miss seeing all of “The Great One.” Standing at 20, 300 feet, the mountain is so tall that most of it is hidden on cloudy days. I was seeing only a part of the whole.Often we’re satisfied with our limited view of life. But Jeremiah 29:11 reminds us, “‘I know the thoughts that I think toward you,’ says the Lord, ‘thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.’” With God’s omniscient, panoramic view, He sees the people He wants us to help, the things He wants us to accomplish, the character traits He wants to develop in us.Proverbs 16:9 says, “A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.” Our view of life is restricted by our humanness, but we can trust ourselves to the One who has an unlimited view!