The 4 different groups in Acts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A language created by God, that no man understands, without the supernatural gift of interpretation of tongues. 1 Corinthians 14:2
When Paul is addressing the pagans at Corinth, he is witnessing the same thing witnessed today among the charismatic and Pentecostal.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Paul is addressing the pagans at Corinth, he is witnessing the same thing witnessed today among the charismatic and Pentecostal.

No he wasn't. Don't you know there are two types of gifts of speaking in tongues, not one.

Mark 16:16-18 speaking in tongues for prayer and praise TO God, for the individual alone.
1 Corinthians 12 speaking in diverse kinds of tongues for messages FROM God, that require the gift of interpretation. This gift is for use inside the church, and not given to every believe as is the individual prayer language. That is why 1 Corinthians 12:30 says not everyone has these offices.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What more do you need than the general rule.

2 For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries.
And keep in mind the rule is all gifts are for the edification of the body.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So please give your understanding of mysteries.

You must know this already, at least my impression of you is that you know the Word.

26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, only those in 1 Corinthians 12. Those in Mark 16 are for the strengthening of the individual's faith.
Interestingly upon the request of His disciples to increase their faith, He tells them that when they had done all that is required of them to say they are unprofitable servants.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interestingly upon the request of His disciples to increase their faith, He tells them that when they had done all that is required of them to say they are unprofitable servants.

Where? I've never read anything like that. I'm backing up what I'm saying with scripture; can't you?

Talk to you later.

Question: What does 1 Corinthians 14:22 mean to you. Why is tongues a sign to the unbeliever, not a believer? Make sure you use context (hint, hint).

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You must know this already, at least my impression of you is that you know the Word.

26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
Lol, I believe I know Jesus or at least my convictions, are far as knowing scripture, I’m probably the most ignorant person here.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 17:5-10 KJV
[5] And the apostles said unto the Lord, Increase our faith. [6] And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you. [7] But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, Go and sit down to meat? [8] And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink? [9] Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not. [10] So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.
I never really considered myself to be closed minded, though I guess it’s possible.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol, I believe I know Jesus or at least my convictions, are far as knowing scripture, I’m probably the most ignorant person here.
nope, ... (smile), being modest great, but there are some here got you beat by the distance from the earth to the most far side of heaven.... I mean the far, far side of heaven.....

I see you're having a good time here, carry on.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where? I've never read anything like that. I'm backing up what I'm saying with scripture; can't you?

Talk to you later.

Question: What does 1 Corinthians 14:22 mean to you. Why is tongues a sign to the unbeliever, not a believer? Make sure you use context (hint, hint).
Because Jews required a sign.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ROFL You are looking right at it, even underlining, and still don't see it.

When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard their own language being spoken. 7 Utterly amazed, they asked: “Aren’t all these who are speaking Galileans? 8 Then how is it that each of us hears THEM in our native language? 9 Parthians, Medes and Elamites; residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, 10 Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya near Cyrene; visitors from Rome 11 (both Jews and converts to Judaism); Cretans and Arabs—we hear them declaring the wonders of God in our own tongues!”

Each devout Jew HEARD all of them in their own language. So the Asians heard all of them speaking in their language. The Medes heard all of them speaking in their language. The Egyptians heard all of them speaking in their language.

Don't you get it? Tongues cannot be understood naturally - for no man understands - without the supernatural gift of interpretation. EACH devout Jew, key word devout, received the sign of interpretation of tongues. THAT is why they were all amazed. The Gentiles to whom the gospel was not for yet, ONLY HEARD GIBBERISH and thought they were drunk.
One who is not in tune is as tho they were drunk = could not pick up on what was going down say, regardless of who they were Jews or otherwise.

I believe the language say being put forward is not of ones own tongue directly one could say but such is interpreted as such that they all came too and understood, it's like a well so to speak.
Such is still done nowadays, I have seen such. only one may need an interpreter on the angle they are coming from and that's how it works, we are not talking in the same language as non believers ? they do not have a handle on such things, so when one is talking English to another who speaks only English as well, well that does not mean they both understand each other is truly on about, so this concept is regarded as another language again one could say, that all understand if they are drinking of that well.

So if one talks to a atheist in the same tongue nothing is picked up by the atheist regardless anyway, such is the same type of thing as a great gulf between the two, one is willing to understand the Holy Spirit but the other could not care less. regardless what race or nationality or speaking their home land language, because that's not the point, it's the Holy Spirit that's the only point that's truly here and the real reason why they come to an understanding is that they all understand the Holy Spirit because they are abiding in such, regardless of their native language.
The Tongue is of the Holy Spirit at work for them all.

But the problem nowadays is that most claiming such as tongues are on the wrong track with such, just with some moron dribbling and rolling around on the ground and such rubbish as a display.
If one does not have a handle on what is being in relation to Spiritually comprehending back in the days, so is the same as of today.

For one today one claiming such is most likely BS nowadays for a start. But if it's real then such may have merit to a believer to pick up on such.

True tongues as such was for they who are seeking and as it is today, but most likely such is bastardised nowadays into foolish nonsense of what I have come across.
One will hear Tongues are not for today ? well for the most part that could be correct, because such is bastardised and roping in un believers one could say sort of and that leads them astray in religious dribble that's devoid of Christ Jesus.

What I have put forward is just to be touching on a subject in only a sort of way in general.