The 4 different groups in Acts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol, I believe I know Jesus or at least my convictions, are far as knowing scripture, I’m probably the most ignorant person here.

If you think you don't know the Scriptures, why are you so opposed to learning? Why are you afraid of the gifts of the Spirit? What makes you an expert on tongues today, when you are absolutely wrong?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm a gentile and don't need any signs. :)

It is not that you need signs, if you have the Holy Spirit He does signs and wonders through you. That is unless you are not called to minister, then you don't need them. You can skate through life just being free from sin, but keeping it all to yourself and not even witnessing of His power that people need so desperately. Of course, those who still sin don't belong to Christ because they haven't repented and become born again. So if they don't want gifts of the Spirit, they'll never get them anyway.

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not that you need signs, if you have the Holy Spirit He does signs and wonders through you. That is unless you are not called to minister, then you don't need them. You can skate through life just being free from sin, but keeping it all to yourself and not even witnessing of His power that people need so desperately. Of course, those who still sin don't belong to Christ because they haven't repented and become born again. So if they don't want gifts of the Spirit, they'll never get them anyway.
The miracles I care about are the ones that come from the gospel and sharing it with others who receive the new birth and are forever changed and become new creatures in Christ, the old has passed and all things have become new. I don't care about any other miracle or sign just the new birth.

I don't want to be like Moses, Elijah or the Apostles with miracles, signs and wonders. The wonder I care about is the power of the gospel Romans 1:16- the power of God unto Salvation.

hope this helps !!!

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you think you don't know the Scriptures, why are you so opposed to learning? Why are you afraid of the gifts of the Spirit? What makes you an expert on tongues today, when you are absolutely wrong?
Ok, pump the breaks, a little. I’m by no means an expert in anything, and certainly didn’t wish to imply,, let me ask this.... Can you list for me the miracles signs and wonders you witnessed that persuaded you to follow Christ?

The reason I ask is because all I witnessed was His Faith in me upon believing, oh and a dead man raised to life.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, pump the breaks, a little. I’m by no means an expert in anything, and certainly didn’t wish to imply,, let me ask this.... Can you list for me the miracles signs and wonders you witnessed that persuaded you to follow Christ?

The reason I ask is because all I witnessed was His Faith in me upon believing, oh and a dead man raised to life.

Yes! In fact, I'm writing a book that will include them.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes! In fact, I'm writing a book that will include them.
Ok, so if you required miracles signs and wonders,,,, are you devoid of Faith?

Galatians 5:22-23 KJV
[22] But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, [23] Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, so if you required miracles signs and wonders,,,, are you devoid of Faith?

Galatians 5:22-23 KJV
[22] But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, [23] Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

You must HAVE the Spirit to produce the FRUIT of the Spirit. And that fruit called faith, is actually faithfulness. And to RECEIVE the Spirit, you must first REPENT. Acts of the Apostles 2:38

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You must HAVE the Spirit to produce the FRUIT of the Spirit. And that fruit called faith, is actually faithfulness. And to RECEIVE the Spirit, you must first REPENT. Acts of the Apostles 2:38
I see, this is where we differ. I believe this is solely an act of God.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see, this is where we differ. I believe this is solely an act of God.
Yes every gift is an act of God by His grace. Its His doing not ours, He distributes the gifts as HE WILLS not man. Some people think of God as cosmic Genie who is at their beckon call.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes every gift is an act of God by His grace. Its His doing not ours, He distributes the gifts as HE WILLS not man. Some people think of God as cosmic Genie who is at their beckon call.
I guess maybe I’ve had a different experience from hers.