The 70th Week of Daniel/2555 days

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brothertom

All for Jesus no matter the cost.
May 1, 2012
Bottom of Illinois
I think the 45 days are the most interesting to me; I believe. This is where I see the Post Tribulation, Pre-Wrath Rapture taking place, soon after the death of the TWO WITNESSES....Their bodily, public Resurrection in Jerusalem will seal it for the Jews that Jesus in indeed Messiah & Lord, & then the day of mourning begins, as they mourn their rejection of Him the Righteous One. After this event, the Largest Earthquake to ever hit Earth will occur, flattening the Himalayas & sinking large Islands like the Hawaiian & in the Caribbean.

This Earthquake will also kill 7000 in Jerusalem...who I believe to be the Synagogue of Satan there; enemies of God.

"And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.
And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the THRONE, saying, "It is done!"..[ OVER ]...[ It is finished! ]

And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great.

And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.
And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.

And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great!"

And then the greatest event, & the start of the remaining 45 days of time; Jesus returns, GATHERS HIS WORLD-WIDE BRIDE FRO A MARRIGE FEAST & the Lord goes hunting for the wicked.

"And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

MOST PEOPLE DO NOT PERCEIVE JESUS LIKE THIS.................

After this earthquake........

And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

These are the Heathen rebels, who visually see the Lord on the Throne, while time has been stopped.
"And they shall go into the holes of the rocks, and into the caves of the earth, for fear of the Lord, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth."

In that day a man shall cast his idols of silver, and his idols of gold, which they made each one for himself to worship, to the moles and to the bats;
To go into the clefts of the rocks, and into the tops of the ragged rocks, for fear of the Lord, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth!"

I think as they terrified so many, He will terrify & seek out the wicked to destroy...for those 45 days....& then we have armies from Heaven too....I believe then, the Bride will have been gathered,

John_8:32

Nov 9, 2012
I think you misunderstand me John. The 1260, 1290 and 1335th days are all progressions of the same time period but the end of them is not on the same day. I will repost my chart here so you may understand what I mean.

484760_228836440586811_105595627_n.jpg
Sorry, if that be the case then we disagree.

JosyWales

Oct 21, 2008
Orlando, Fl
We do disagree.

In fact, how you can think that the 1290th day and the 1335th day is the same day after reading Dan 12:11 and 12 is a mystery to me.

Dan 12:11 And from the time [that] the daily [sacrifice] shall be taken away, and the abomination
that maketh desolate set up, [there shall be] a thousand two hundred and ninety
days.

Dan 12:12 Blessed [is] he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

This seems pretty clear that first is the 1290th day then 45 days later is the 1335th day.

In other words, all three of these time periods begin on the same day, not end on the same day.

My main point to the original poster was that in addition to this, Revelation speaks of the 1260 day period also being at the end of the Tribulation as well, so, as per my chart above, it is also a part of this last set of days that is mentioned in Daniel. Therefore adding it to the 1290 days does not fit the biblical pattern. When you see how this all fits into the predicted 2300 day pattern, it all makes sense.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Here's what I have involving Daniel's final "one week", then covering the end and into Christ's Milennium:

................|-------------------- DANIEL'S "ONE WEEK" ----------------|

|"league"-|-temple built/sacrifices--| MID POINT|----tribulation-----|

...............|--220 days-|-1040 days| end sacfr.--|-two witnesses->||<Christ's 2nd coming

...............|-------1260 days---------| Abom.set---|---1260 days-----|--30 days--------|-45 days|

...............|--------1st half------------|league brk.-|-time, times, half-|-cleansing-------|-blessing|

.................................|----------2300 days of Dan.8:14--------------|

..............|-------------------2520 days total------------------------------|

.................................................................................................>||< Armageddon

.................................................................................................>||< God's Cup of Wrath

.................................................................................................>||< "last trump"

.................................................................................................>||< "day of the Lord"

.................................................................................................>||< "caught up"

.................................................................................................>||< resurrection

.................................................................................................>||<7th Trumpet, 7th Seal, 7th Vial

JosyWales

Oct 21, 2008
Orlando, Fl
I really think you folks are making a big mistake in assuming that the last week of Daniel is to be reinterpreted as 7 years. Not only are you reinterpreting an interpretation given directly by God in that the 70 weeks of Daniel is taken directly from the 70 years of Jeramiah, but this flies in the face of Jesus's words that "unless the time be shortened, no flesh would be saved". This interpretation makes a 1 week period that we know will be horrific in nature and extending it to being 7 years. Adding to that, as you can see in my chart, I have showed plainly that combining the 70 weeks of Daniel with all the times listed in Revelation adds up to exactly 2300 days as per the prophecy.

Also Vet, I dont see any mention in the bible of either 220 or 1040 days. I would like to know where they came from. Also I notice the 1260 days being listed twice when the bible is pretty clear of it only happening once. The same applies to the 2520 days in that it also has no concrete support in the bible, based only on the assumption of a 360 day "jewish year" which is arrived at because, since we know that the months are to be calculated at 30 days each, you assume that 7 years is to be considered 2520 days. You do not realise that while the jews calculated their months based on a lunar cycle, they calculated their years on a solar cycle. What this means is that when they say "year" in the bible, they are meaning a full 365 1/4 day (approx) cycle, which is why they make adjustments periodically to compensate for the difference generated by the two different cycles.

The above is proven by the association of the 1260 days, the 42 months and the 3 1/2 times as being the same thing. You will notice that this is not called years in the Bible, but times, because they were being careful NOT to associate the 12 30-day months being used for these calculations as a real year, because it was not one. However, since they did represent a cycle, the term "times" was used instead.

I have to say though that this use of charts is very handy as it allows understanding of how folks think to be clear and somewhat easy.

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
Veteran,

You are very close IMO. Your assessment concerning the 2300 days is right on. My question to you is: what good is this information to the dead in Christ? Having this chart worked out is not a prerequisite for salvation. Why do you think God provided us with such detailed information?

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
guysmith said:
Veteran,

You are very close IMO. Your assessment concerning the 2300 days is right on. My question to you is: what good is this information to the dead in Christ? Having this chart worked out is not a prerequisite for salvation. Why do you think God provided us with such detailed information?
To me, He obviously gave that alignment as a backup for His Revelation, and all those events that are to occur on the same day of our Lord's return. It's of course not meant for those who listen to men, but for those who listen to Him. Many that get confused about it either haven't taken the time to really pull all those related Scripture events together in mind with God's help, or they are busy listening to men they put above theirselves, and thus limit their ability to allow our Heavenly Father Himself to show them.

JosyWales said:
I really think you folks are making a big mistake in assuming that the last week of Daniel is to be reinterpreted as 7 years. Not only are you reinterpreting an interpretation given directly by God in that the 70 weeks of Daniel is taken directly from the 70 years of Jeramiah, but this flies in the face of Jesus's words that "unless the time be shortened, no flesh would be saved". This interpretation makes a 1 week period that we know will be horrific in nature and extending it to being 7 years. Adding to that, as you can see in my chart, I have showed plainly that combining the 70 weeks of Daniel with all the times listed in Revelation adds up to exactly 2300 days as per the prophecy.
That argument contradicts the Daniel Scripture. For Christ to say He shortened the tribulation time, there had to be an original given time in order to be... shortened. And the "one week" of Dan.9 is that reference point, which means what? It means one cannot just go back to the Daniel Scripture and change it as written. Because of how the 70 weeks are given symbolically, it's easy to know that "one week" symbolically is to represent a period of seven years. Per Dan.8:13, the question is how long is the period when the sanctuary is trodden. In 8:14 it's about the time when the cleansing begins, thus ending that period of 8:13. Both verses have to be kept in context of question and answer.

JosyWales said:
Also Vet, I dont see any mention in the bible of either 220 or 1040 days. I would like to know where they came from. Also I notice the 1260 days being listed twice when the bible is pretty clear of it only happening once. The same applies to the 2520 days in that it also has no concrete support in the bible, based only on the assumption of a 360 day "jewish year" which is arrived at because, since we know that the months are to be calculated at 30 days each, you assume that 7 years is to be considered 2520 days. You do not realise that while the jews calculated their months based on a lunar cycle, they calculated their years on a solar cycle. What this means is that when they say "year" in the bible, they are meaning a full 365 1/4 day (approx) cycle, which is why they make adjustments periodically to compensate for the difference generated by the two different cycles.
You're right, those periods are only derived after understanding the periods that were given. Since the ending of the 2300 days begins the cleansing, it means the end of Daniel's final "one week" (and thus the end of the full 70 weeks), with Christ's coming to end the tribulation. So counting backwards 2300 days from that point of Christ's coming after the end of the "one week" gives us the time when the daily sacrifce is setup.

Dan 8:13-14
13 Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?
14 And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.
(KJV)

Notice how it's the "daily sacrifice" there that begins the reckoning of that 2300 days period. The "transgression of desolation" is about the setup of the "abomination of desolation" idol after that, and continues until our Lord Jesus' return.

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
veteran,

You stated: Since the ending of the 2300 days begins the cleansing, it means the
end of Daniel's final "one week" (and thus the end of the full 70
weeks), with Christ's coming to end the tribulation. So counting
backwards 2300 days from that point of Christ's coming after the end of
the "one week" gives us the time when the daily sacrifce is setup.

My response: I agree.

You stated: Notice how it's the "daily sacrifice" there that begins the reckoning of
that 2300 days period. The "transgression of desolation" is about the
setup of the "abomination of desolation" idol after that, and continues
until our Lord Jesus' return.

My response: This is where I disagree. According to Daniel 8:10 the "starry host" being "trampled underfoot" is the first event which starts this 2300 day period followed by the AC descecrating the temple and taking away the daily sacrifice. So, to determine when the AC desecrates the temple we need to subtract 1265 days (1260 GT + 3 1/2 witnesses dead in the street +1 day of the Lord =1265) from 2300 and we come up with 1035 days. Or 1035 after the starry host are trampled underfoot, the AC will enter the temple and proclaim himself to be God.

Also, when the starry host are trampled underfoot, the AC is revealed.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I see the Dan.8:10 verse events as being within the period after the AC comes to power and ends the daily sacrifice.

The daily sacrifices have to be going on prior to the AC ending them at the mid-point of Daniel's "one week". We're given a days reckoning in Dan.8:13 with a simple mention of the "vision of the daily sacrifice" (not its taking away period). The period when daily sacrifices are going on is thus inferred within that. So, 2300 days backwards from its end at Christ's coming into the first 1260 days period gives 1040 days (2300 - 1260 = 1040). And within that first half (1260 days) of the "one week", 1040 minus that leaves a period of 220 days prior to the start of the daily sacrifices. I assign that to a period when the temple will be rebuilt and prepared to begin the sacrifices.

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
Veteran,

You stated:

The daily sacrifices have to be going on prior to the AC ending them
at the mid-point of Daniel's "one week". We're given a days reckoning in
Dan.8:13
with a simple mention of the "vision of the daily sacrifice" (not its
taking away period). The period when daily sacrifices are going on is
thus inferred within that.

My response: Point well taken. However, the host trodden underfoot is an intergral part of this vision. When do you fit this (the host trodden underfoot ) into the timeline?

13 Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?

14 And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

(KJV)

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
guysmith said:
Veteran,

You stated:

The daily sacrifices have to be going on prior to the AC ending them
at the mid-point of Daniel's "one week". We're given a days reckoning in
Dan.8:13
with a simple mention of the "vision of the daily sacrifice" (not its
taking away period). The period when daily sacrifices are going on is
thus inferred within that.

My response: Point well taken. However, the host trodden underfoot is an intergral part of this vision. When do you fit this (the host trodden underfoot ) into the timeline?
Recall Rev.11:1-2; that's after the middle of the "one week". See also Dan.7:19.

guysmith said:

(KJV)
Yes, I stand corrected on my quote of Dan.8:13, which should be "vision concerning the daily sacrifice".

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
In every language there are at least the basic nouns, adjectives, and verbs with their tense forms. How then can it be possible that you do not do the same also with the Scriptures as you do with my words? even if it is unintentional? When you say that my post was "evil" you employ a word that denotes my "intent" in the writing of my post. However, when I say that "your mistakes and errors are atrocious" I employ a word that describes the outcome potential of your statements, like fruits, and their effects upon those around you. If one bites into a apple that is rotten on the inside he or she might say it was "atrocious" or if one sees an old slice of bread with mold growing on the surface then the same might say it was "atrocious", (yet at the same time many school children likewise consider too much homework to be "atrocious").

One of these is why I try for peace between us... Here you desire to claim my post is atrocious and not me - then you claim when I say your post was evil that I am denoting your intent.... ambigious at best. Though I dis-like cliche's here is one... The road to Hell is paved with good intentions" - the meaning is simple... evil CAN be done with "good" intentions and followed through... all the way to Hell, (not sure about "and back)."

Here is an English dilemma for you... The use of quotation marks are supposed to be directly before and after the quote.
Such as i normally use. However when the quote or the word(s) I wish to draw particular attention to finish at the end of a sentence in stead of... (let us use "growing on the surface" as an example) "growing on the surface". I place the " after the period instead of before it as in: "growing on the surface." - So that is bad sentence structure on my part, but the "correct" way just does not "look right." (artistically) - so I refuse to do it.

Anyway. my point is BOTH can be considered referring merely to the posted words and not the intent of the person.

I wrote... 2556.75 is 7 years to the day - and you rounded up... added .5 to the 3 1/2 meaning
you are in error. Subtract your .5 and you come up with 2556.25.
Now the 1260 plus the next 1260 = 7 years as the Jews had but 360 days to a year,
not 365.25 days to a year. ---- BUT YOU DID - " you rounded up "

The Bible provides us with the durations of these four periods which total 2555 days
exactly. Start by multiplying the seven years that make up the tribulation period by
365 days that make up a year (7 x 365= 2555 Days).
Then you used the word " exactly."

Daq wrote: " The calendar is lunar and there are approximately 29.5 days in the
lunar cycle, (12 x 29.5 = 354 days). Concerning what was said about Hezekiah,
(circa 722-720BC, around the time of the captivity of the Northern Tribes) "
Now you use the word " approximately "

Retrobyter wrote: " It doesn't matter how many people say that "giraffes are purple";
giraffes are NOT purple! It doesn't matter how many theologians say that the
"prophetic year" is 360 days! That still doesn't make them correct! "

Then Retro also wrote: " The solar year, upon which the planting and harvesting cycle
is based is 365.242199 days/year. (And, even that is not exact, although it's a fairly
accurate approximation
.) The Jewish calendar DID use a lunar-based month - a "moonth,"
if you will allow it, and daq is correct: each "moonth" is 29.5 days long (roughly).

How is it = or why is it I am under attack becasue I posted this is on error - yet
the words exactly, approximately, roughly, correct, approximately and such are used
to describe the same thing and issue??? That dog just don't hunt.

It cannot be both.. if it is approximately then it is not exact. When Daq writes "exact"
and Retro calls him correct adding also "roughly" then Daw cannot be correct.
I feel like the only one in an earthquake that knows if the building keeps shaking the
buiding will collapse and everyone else is having sex while thinking they are just that good.

Hey... loook over there >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
a purple G-raphph! ( just jokin' around here fellerz ) The Giraffe is actually toupe.
(BTW... what is 'toupe" )

One further point... You all are helping mme affirm my stance, providing me with other perspective or giving me rightful correction. I have told you I am one of the Two Witnesses - so you all are assisting me becoming even more correct - do not think that will go un-noticed or has gone un-noticed. Here is the "kicker" Once you alll realize I am not lying about who I am - you will KNOW you have helped a prophet of God - this does not elevate me...it certainly does you all though. I did not say this in a lame attempt to get anyone to embrace who i claim to be, but rather for all of you who have helped to be able to know - once you know i am who I claim to be. I am not at all against anyone being a skeptic, please remember that.

JosyWales

Oct 21, 2008
Orlando, Fl
Anyone who thinks that the Seventy Weeks of Daniel is anything other than a true 70 weeks is in error. It is not to be reinterpreted as years as proven by the fact that 70 weeks added to all the days listed in Revelation add up to exactly 2300 days proving that the bible is being literal in these counts. Using this same method you find that months are to be counted as 30 days each and years are to be looked at as being 365 1/4 days.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, JosyWales.

JosyWales said:
Anyone who thinks that the Seventy Weeks of Daniel is anything other than a true 70 weeks is in error. It is not to be reinterpreted as years as proven by the fact that 70 weeks added to all the days listed in Revelation add up to exactly 2300 days proving that the bible is being literal in these counts. Using this same method you find that months are to be counted as 30 days each and years are to be looked at as being 365 1/4 days.
Sorry, but that's not true. The Hebrew word "shavu`iym," translated as "weeks" in the KJV, simply means "sevens." It does NOT mean "weeks" as we use that word today! That can be "sevens" of years as easily as "sevens" of days. The "fact" that YOU add them up "exactly" (not true, btw) to 2300 days doesn't "prove" ANYTHING! Maybe we should talk a little while on what determines "proof" and how evidence is used to come to any meaningful conclusions. Do you think that would be beneficial?

JosyWales

Oct 21, 2008
Orlando, Fl
Sorry Retro, but you have no clue.

Well, perhaps that is being a little harsh. Perhaps its better to say you cannot see past your programming so, once again I will repeat myself:

Take the 70 weeks (490 days) of Dan 9, which is in 3 parts, being 7 weeks, 62 weeks and 1 week.

Add the times given us for the 5th, 6th and 7th angels (NOTE: no times are given for the first 4 Angels) in
Revelation being:

1. Five (5) months (150 days, using 30 day months which is how the Jews counted all the days of their months) per Rev 9:5 (5th Angel).

2. 1 hr., 1 day, 1 month and 1 year (396 1/4 days plus 1 hour) per Rev 9:15 (6th Angel).

3. 1260 days = 3 1/2 times = 42 months (this is all the same time period and is clearly laid out as such in Rev
11:2 & 3, 12:6, 12:14 and 13:5.

4. Lastly we have the 3 and 1/2 days that the Two Prophets lay dead as the people of Earth celebrate. Put these together and you have:

490 days (the 70 Weeks as I have stated)
+150 days (1 above)
+396.25 days (2 above)
+1260 days (3 above)
+3.5 days (4 above)
= 2299.75 days and 1 hour, this is the 2300 days of Daniel’s prophecy in Daniel Ch. 8. (It ends late on the 2300th day)

The Seventy Week period is interspersed between the three Woes of Revelation and each of the three parts
of the Seventy Weeks, the seven weeks, the sixty two weeks and the last one week, triggers each of the three woes in succession. I will show how the Book of Daniel supports this later in this document.

To restate the entire sequence in the order it will occur:

1. Seven weeks (49 days)

2. The First Woe, 5 months (150 days)

3. 62 weeks (434 days)

4. The Second Woe, Hour, day, month, year (396 1/4 days)

5. One Week (7 days)

6. The Beast's rule, 42 months (1260 days)

7. Death and Resurrection of Witnesses (3 1/2 days)

Total: 2300 days to the Cleansing of the Temple, being the resurrection of the Two Witnesses, Forces of Good and Evil identified and the Beast revealed for what he is. The reason I say identified is because, up to this point, the Beast has been masquerading as the Chosen of God while casting Michael and his friends as being of Satan. It might even be possible that the Beast actually believes himself to be the good guy for he is indeed Gods chosen, but not in the way he believes.

This view does not rely on unprovable interpretations, like the day for year theory, and it covers all the based and does it in sequence. I do not have to eliminate things that dont fit as others have to do. No one else can do this that I have seen here.

484760_228836440586811_105595627_n.jpg

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
terry said:
When Daq writes "exact" and Retro calls him correct adding also "roughly" then Daw cannot be correct.
Your post is very confusing so I quote only this portion to inform you that until this point in this thread I have not once used the word "exact" to state anything, (please use the quote function whenever possible). In addition I have a question for you: are you of "the sons of the people of Daniel" seeing that you believe yourself to be "one of the two witnesses" of Revelation 11?

Daniel 12:1 KJV
1. And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children [HSN#1121 "ben" bney-sons] of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

Daniel 9:24 KJV
24. Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

If you are not one of us then what do these things have to do with you? And if you are then why did you not understand what was meant when the statement was made that there be "seventy weeks in just ten days" and that "the only weeks that count are those which we are commanded to count"?

Leviticus 23:4-16 KJV
4. These are the feasts of the Lord, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons.
5. In the fourteenth day of the first month at even ["between the evenings"] is the Lord's passover.
6. And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the Lord: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread.
7. In the first day ye shall have an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein.
8. But ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the Lord seven days: in the seventh day is an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein.
9. And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
10. Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest unto the priest:
11. And he shall wave the sheaf before the Lord, to be accepted for you: on the morrow after the sabbath the priest shall wave it.
12. And ye shall offer that day when ye wave the sheaf an he lamb without blemish of the first year for a burnt offering unto the Lord.
13. And the meat offering thereof shall be two tenth deals of fine flour mingled with oil, an offering made by fire unto the Lord for a sweet savour: and the drink offering thereof shall be of wine, the fourth part of an hin.
14. And ye shall eat neither bread, nor parched corn, nor green ears, until the selfsame day that ye have brought an offering unto your God: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations in all your dwellings.
15. And ye shall count unto you from the morrow after the sabbath, from the day that ye brought the sheaf of the wave offering;
seven sabbaths shall be complete:
Even unto the morrow after the seventh sabbath shall ye number fifty days; and ye shall offer a new meat offering unto the Lord.

Deuteronomy 16:6-10 KJV
6. But at the place which the Lord thy God shall choose to place his name in, there thou shalt sacrifice the passover at even, at the going down of the sun, at the season that thou camest forth out of Egypt.
7. And thou shalt roast and eat it in the place which the Lord thy God shall choose: and thou shalt turn in the morning, and go unto thy tents.
8. Six days thou shalt eat unleavened bread: and on the seventh day shall be a solemn assembly to the Lord thy God: thou shalt do no work therein.
Seven weeks shalt thou number unto thee: begin to number the seven weeks from such time as thou beginnest to put the sickle to the corn.
And thou shalt keep the feast of weeks unto the Lord thy God with a tribute of a freewill offering of thine hand, which thou shalt give unto the Lord thy God, according as the Lord thy God hath blessed thee:

Yea prophet; there be seventy weeks in the ten great days of Smyrna ... :huh:

As for your comments in green concerning yourself gaining more understanding from this process:
Well may Yeshua bless your Bread of Life and Living Water even more so ... :)

JosyWales

Oct 21, 2008
Orlando, Fl
Daq, are you trying to say that the 70 weeks of Daniel 9 are in any way related to the 10 days the 2nd Angel of Revelation is given for tribulation?

The relationship of the 10 days of the 2nd Angel is to the 10 days of tribulation given to Daniel in Dan 1 to show us how the two are to be paired up.

Daniel 1 says:

Dan 1:12 Prove thy servants, I beseech thee, ten days; and let them give us pulse to eat, and water to drink.

Dan 1:13 Then let our countenances be looked upon before thee, and the countenance of the children that eat of the portion of the king's meat: and as thou seest, deal with thy servants.

Dan 1:14 So he consented to them in this matter, and proved them ten days.

Dan 1:15 And at the end of ten days their countenances appeared fairer and fatter in flesh than all the children which did eat the portion of the king's meat.

Revelation 2 says:

Rev 2:10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast [some] of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

It is a straight forward matchup designed to show us that the 2nd Angel of Revelation is related to Daniel.

Trying to stuff 70 weeks into 10 days is a pretty good trick. :rolleyes:

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
JosyWales said:
Daq, are you trying to say that the 70 weeks of Daniel 9 are in any way related to the 10 days the 2nd Angel of Revelation is given for tribulation?

The relationship of the 10 days of the 2nd Angel is to the 10 days of tribulation given to Daniel in Dan 1 to show us how the two are to be paired up.

Daniel 1 says:

Dan 1:12 Prove thy servants, I beseech thee, ten days; and let them give us pulse to eat, and water to drink.

Dan 1:13 Then let our countenances be looked upon before thee, and the countenance of the children that eat of the portion of the king's meat: and as thou seest, deal with thy servants.

Dan 1:14 So he consented to them in this matter, and proved them ten days.

Dan 1:15 And at the end of ten days their countenances appeared fairer and fatter in flesh than all the children which did eat the portion of the king's meat.

Revelation 2 says:

Rev 2:10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast [some] of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

It is a straight forward matchup designed to show us that the 2nd Angel of Revelation is related to Daniel.

Trying to stuff 70 weeks into 10 days is a pretty good trick. :rolleyes:
Daniel 1:5 KJV
5. And the king appointed them a daily provision of the king's meat, and of the wine which he drank: so nourishing them three years, that at the end thereof they might stand before the king.

It is three years before Daniel is allowed to stand before king Nebuchadnezzar.

Daniel 1:21 KJV
21. And Daniel continued even unto the first year of king Cyrus.

Daniel 8:1 KJV
1. In the third year of the reign of king Belshazzar a vision appeared unto me, even unto me Daniel, after that which appeared unto me at the first.

Daniel 9:1 KJV
1. In the first year of Darius the son of Ahasuerus, of the seed of the Medes, which was made king over the realm of the Chaldeans;

Darius received the kingdom "like a son: years sixty and two" ("weeks" typology).

Daniel 5:31 TUA (Transliterated Unacented Bible)
31. (6:1 in Aramaic) W-Daryawesh Mada'ah{*} qabel malkuwta' kbar shniyn shitiyn wtarteyn.

"kbar shniyn shitiyn wtarteyn" ~ "like a son, years sixty and two"…

Do you honestly believe it is important that we know how old Darius was or is this just "filler script" to you?
The years are of the kingdom of Babylon from the beginning of the first captivity under Jehoiakim:

605BC - 602BC = 3 Years of servitude ~ 2 Kings 24:1
602BC - 599BC = 3 Years of rebellion ~ (Jehoiachin was taken in 599BC after a 3 month reign).

2 Kings 23:36 ~ 24:10 KJV
36. Jehoiakim was twenty and five years old when he began to reign; and he reigned eleven years in Jerusalem. And his mother's name was Zebudah, the daughter of Pedaiah of Rumah.
37. And he did that which was evil in the sight of the Lord, according to all that his fathers had done.
1. In his days Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon came up,
and Jehoiakim became his servant three years: then he turned and rebelled against him.
2. And the Lord sent against him bands of the Chaldees, and bands of the Syrians, and bands of the Moabites, and bands of the children of Ammon, and sent them against Judah to destroy it, according to the word of the Lord, which he spake by his servants the prophets.
3. Surely at the commandment of the Lord came this upon Judah, to remove them out of his sight, for the sins of Manasseh, according to all that he did;
4. And also for the innocent blood that he shed: for he filled Jerusalem with innocent blood; which the Lord would not pardon.
5. Now the rest of the acts of Jehoiakim, and all that he did, are they not written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Judah?
6. So Jehoiakim slept with his fathers: and Jehoiachin his son reigned in his stead.
7. And the king of Egypt came not again any more out of his land: for the king of Babylon had taken from the river of Egypt unto the river Euphrates all that pertained to the king of Egypt.
8. Jehoiachin was eighteen years old when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem three months. And his mother's name was Nehushta, the daughter of Elnathan of Jerusalem.
9. And he did that which was evil in the sight of the Lord, according to all that his father had done.
10. At that time the s
ervants of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon came up against Jerusalem, and the city was besieged.

This second captivity is fairly well documented to have been circa 600BC-599BC, (when Jehoiachin with the royal family surrendered to the forces of Nebuchadnezzar). Whether the first incursion of Nebuchadnezzar occurred in the fall of 606BC or in early 605BC really is inconsequential to the numbers used here because the fact of the matter is that the "seventy years of Jeremiah" were not fulfilled in Babylon either way, (though they were fulfilled IN THE LAND as it lay fallow for the seventy years mentioned in Zechariah 1:12. See also Ezra 3:7 and Isaiah 23:15 because Tyre was "forgotten seventy years" because of the murmuring over the inferior size of the foundation of the second temple; thus the chronology of Ezra 4).

Cyrus II took Babylon circa 540BC-539BC and promptly installed Darius the Mede:

606/605BC-540/539BC = 65 Years ~ Subtract 3 years of the rebellion of Jehoiakim: "SIXTY AND TWO YEARS"

Daniel 6:28 KJV
28. So this Daniel prospered in the reign of Darius, and in the reign of Cyrus the Persian.

Daniel 10:1 KJV
1. In the third year of Cyrus king of Persia a thing was revealed unto Daniel, whose name was called Belteshazzar; and the thing was true, but the time appointed was long: and he understood the thing, and had understanding of the vision.

The typology is Ten Years or "Ten Great Days" ~
:rolleyes:

Daniel under king Nebuchadnezzar - 3 Years
Daniel under king Belshazzar - 3 Years
Daniel under Darius the Mede - 1 Year
Daniel under Cyrus the Persian - 3 Years

JosyWales

Oct 21, 2008
Orlando, Fl
Well I see how you got the 10 years, that you reinterprete as "Great Days" but I think you are way further off than I am.

Not only that, but the Seventy Years did happen, although assuming it was to exactly coincide with the Great Captivity may not be correct. It was predicted by Jeremiah, reflected by Daniel and confirmed by Zechariah, so in some form it was real. Just because it does not conform to your presupposed thinking does not mean it did not happen. I think I will go along with the guy who was there (Zechariah) as to if it really happened or not. Zec 7:5

Oh and :rolleyes:

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
JosyWales said:
Well I see how you got the 10 years, that you reinterprete as "Great Days" but I think you are way further off than I am.

Not only that, but the Seventy Years did happen, although assuming it was to exactly coincide with the Great Captivity may not be correct. It was predicted by Jeremiah, reflected by Daniel and confirmed by Zechariah, so in some form it was real. Just because it does not conform to your presupposed thinking does not mean it did not happen. I think I will go along with the guy who was there (Zechariah) as to if it really happened or not. Zec 7:5

Oh and :rolleyes:
Amazing! Forty years wandering through the desert and the Most High opens a fountain of living waters to a dry and thirsty soul, (me :) ). And JosyWales calls it "presupposed thinking" while completely ignoring the Ezra 4 chronology along with key statements made by Josephus. :rolleyes: