The 70th Week of Daniel/2555 days

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL

The 70th Week of Daniel is a seven year period which beings with the confirmation of a covenant and ends
with the advent of Christ and the start of the Millennial rule of Christ. This seven year period can further be divided into four smaller periods of time. These period are outlined by Christ in Matthew 24:

1. The Beginning of Birth Pains (The first 3 ½ years) Matt24:1-14

2. The Great Tribulation (The second 3½ years) Matt 24:15-28

3. The Wonders in the Heavens Matt 24:29

4. The Day of the Lord

2555 days

The Bible provides us with the durations of these four periods which total 2555 days exactly. Start by multiplying the seven years that make up the tribulation period by 365 days that make up a year (7 x 365= 2555 Days).

(Though the Jewish calendar was made of 360 days, ancient scholars were aware of 365 days years. To make their calendar work, they would add, every six years, an additional 30 day month.)

We begin with the two periods that is recognized by most.

1. The Great Tribulation Period which has a duration of 1260 days. Rev12:6

2. The Day of the Lord is one day. 2 Peter 3:10c.

3. The duration of the Wonders in the Heavens can be found in the account of the two witnesses Revelation 11:3. It is the 3 ½ days that they lay dead on the streets of Jerusalem. Notice that they do their works for the 1260 days of the GT, lay dead in Jerusalem for 3 ½ days then are resurrected on The Day of the Lord.

4. The remaining 1290 days of The Beginning of Birth Pains can be found in Daniel 12:11.

In review:

1. The Beginning of Birth Pains 1290 days

2. The Great Tribulation 1260 days

3. The Wonders in the Heavens 3 ½ rounded up to 4 days

4. The Day of the Lord 1 day

Grand total of 2555 days or seven years to the day.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
2556.75 is 7 years to the day - and you rounded up... added .5 to the 3 1/2 meaning you are in error. Subtract your .5 and you come up with 2556.25. Now the 1260 plus the next 1260 = 7 years as the Jews had but 360 days to a year, not 365.25 days to a year. 30 Days of the 1290 preceeds the start of Tribulation. Moreover the Jews added a month every so often, so even the extra month makes a difference.

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
To be more precise, it is 365.242199 Days.

I think that you missed my point. God has provided a place-of-safety for a pocket of believers (like Noah) that will physically survive the coming GT. In order to take advantage of GOD's divine protection, those believers will have to be at the place-of-safety prior to the start of the GT. So, if a believer sees the start of the Tribulation period, then that believer would have 1290days to get to the place-of-safety (which is the reason GOD has provided us the durations of the four periods of the GT).

Feb 7, 2013
Dear guysmith,

I believe that the 70th week of the Daniel prophesy points to Jesus ministry and atoning sacrifice, and not to the end of times.

Daniel 9:25 says "Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks:" (69 weeks, 483 literal years)

Then, Dan 9:27 says "And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week (The 70th week & 7 literal years in question): and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease (by fulfilling 'the shadow of things to come' with his atoning sacrifice on the cross), and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Here is a crystal clear prophecy of when the Messiah would be crucified.

Jesus was anointed with the Holy Ghost (Acts 10:38) at His baptism (Luke 3:21, 22). His anointing took place in the 15th year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar (Luke 3:1), which was A.D. 27. (And to think the prediction was made more than 500 years before! )

Then Jesus began to preach that "the time is fulfilled" (referring to the 483 years which were to reach to the Messiah). He thus audibly confirmed the prophecy (Mark 1:14, 15 Galatians 4:4). So Jesus actually began His ministry by clearly referring to the 2,300-day prophecy, stressing its importance and accuracy. This is awesome and thrilling evidence that the Bible is inspired, Jesus is the Messiah, & all other dates in the 2,300-day/490-year prophecy are valid.

Jesus is "cut off" or crucified "in the midst of the week," which is three and one-half years after His anointing or the spring of A.D. 31. Please notice how the gospel is revealed in verse 26: "After threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself". Praise God, when Jesus was cut off, it was not for Himself. He "who did no sin" (1 Peter 2:22) was crucified for our sins (1 Corinthians 15:3 Isaiah 53:5). Jesus' priceless life was lovingly and willingly offered to save us from sin.

Jesus' atoning sacrifice is the very heart of Daniel chapters 8 and 9.

As a side note, in your GT scenario, what happens if one does not have the means or ability to get to a "place of safety"? Doesn't God want everyone to be saved, or just those who can afford it or are close enough to get to a safe place. That doesn't sound right at all!

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
terry said:
2556.75 is 7 years to the day - and you rounded up... added .5 to the 3 1/2 meaning you are in error. Subtract your .5 and you come up with 2556.25. Now the 1260 plus the next 1260 = 7 years as the Jews had but 360 days to a year, not 365.25 days to a year. 30 Days of the 1290 preceeds the start of Tribulation. Moreover the Jews added a month every so often, so even the extra month makes a difference.
Since 701BC, (which new "epoch" commenced with the "sun dial of Ahaz incident" in the time of Hezekiah, circa 720BC, and took nineteen years to discover) the Hebrew calendar is just 354 days, (not 360) and the "leap-month" Adar II is added approximately seven times in nineteen years. Your mistakes and errors would not be so atrocious if only you were not claiming to be "one of the two witnesses". :)

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
Brilliantsteve,

I appreciate your candor.

You stated: Doesn't God want everyone to be saved,,,,,,,

My response: Those believers which are alive at the advent of Christ are not the only ones saved. The dead in Christ will also be saved. Being alive at His advent is a "calling." Joel 2:32

You stated: ......what happens if one does not have the means or ability to get to a "place of safety"?....or just those who can afford it or are close enough to get to a safe place. That doesn't sound right at all!

My response: First, I have found only "one" place-of-safety within the prophetic scriptures. It is always possible that there may be more ( I have my doubt), but if there are their exact locations aren't in the Bible.
Secondly, many are called,,,,,, JMHO, I believe that there is no holding back those that are going to make it to the place-of-safety once they see the calling. (BTW, it's only a plane ticket away)

Now, let me be candid with you. You started this post with a dissertation describing how our views are in opposition. Now, I could rebut your stance, but I know that your position is entrenched within you. So, any attempt by me would be futile and the debate would only get away from the main topic, which is:

1. Where is the place-of-safety?
2. When to be there?

If I am wrong about the place-of-safety, then you can chalk me up as another wacko. However, if there is a remote possibility that I may be onto something, isn't it worth at least checking it out (arnie)?

Guy

Feb 7, 2013
Hello Guy,

I too appreciate your measured response, and I don't like name calling so you have no fear from me there.

guysmith said:
My response: Those believers which are alive at the advent of Christ are not the only ones saved. The dead in Christ will also be saved. Being alive at His advent is a "calling." Joel 2:32
I totally agree with you on the underlined part here, and possibly the second part as well but not so much your interpretation of Joel 2:32.

I too will not repeat any position of belief as I think we have both made a clear statement. I do however have a question for you.

Is Joel 2:32 the only verse you have to support this position? I would think you could supply more. I ask this in relation to Isa_28:10 "For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:" It is my belief that the bible will interpret itself when compared with the rest of scripture. If I find a conflict, I find it is because of My misunderstanding.

And of conflict; just curious, how do you reconcile Joel 2:32 with Matthew 7:21-23?

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

One says whosoever, the other says Not every one. Hmm, that definitely is a puzzling one.

I do not, however, see any conflict between these verses in identifying the (remnant or he that doeth the will of my father) as the ones who the Lord Calls and who shall (be delivered/enter into heaven).

You know, after reading this over several times (along with other stuff) it seems Joel 2:32 is saying there are 2 groups who "call on the name of the Lord (and which) shall be delivered: 1) In Mt Zion and Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord has said, AND 2) in the remnant who the Lord shall call." It doesn't actually say the remnant need to go to Zion.

Would you entertain the thought that these 2 groups might represent 1) Those before Jesus death & 2) those after Jesus death?
(I hesitate to use the terms Old/New covenants).

Oh by the way can you please explain JMHO!

Thanks, Steve.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Daq, I am not the only one on this forum with the 360 day Jewish year. This was revealed in MY studies and sso to the best of my knowledge true. I had books daitng 1907 to current of my studies and none of them revealed what you claim. That does not mean I am calling you wrong here. It does mean that possibly your research obtain details mine did not. As far as calling my post "atrocious" just because I could be in error... and I am one of the Two Witnesses... that is wrong. Gosh I really want to use other words but i will hold my tongue. Do you think for a moment I am the only prophet ( of course - I am NOT yet given the power of a prophet ) that has ever been in error? If so, you do not know God's Word. Prophets ARE people too!

Somehow people tend to to think a prophet is never wrong... that idea has been posted here. But that is not true.. Consider Solomon the wisest of all, yet he fell victim to the will of a woman and he prayed to a false god. Now if the wisest of all can fail... guess what... prophets are people too - making your post evil... unfortunately "evil" is only what fits here... it would serve you well to retract your insult, because I did not like calling your post evil.

If I remember correctly " Adar " the additional month, was correct.... I don't remember the " ll " part though, anyway cudos for that info.

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
terry said:
Daq, I am not the only one on this forum with the 360 day Jewish year. This was revealed in MY studies and sso to the best of my knowledge true. I had books daitng 1907 to current of my studies and none of them revealed what you claim. That does not mean I am calling you wrong here. It does mean that possibly your research obtain details mine did not. As far as calling my post "atrocious" just because I could be in error... and I am one of the Two Witnesses... that is wrong. Gosh I really want to use other words but i will hold my tongue. Do you think for a moment I am the only prophet ( of course - I am NOT yet given the power of a prophet ) that has ever been in error? If so, you do not know God's Word. Prophets ARE people too!

Somehow people tend to to think a prophet is never wrong... that idea has been posted here. But that is not true.. Consider Solomon the wisest of all, yet he fell victim to the will of a woman and he prayed to a false god. Now if the wisest of all can fail... guess what... prophets are people too - making your post evil... unfortunately "evil" is only what fits here... it would serve you well to retract your insult, because I did not like calling your post evil.

If I remember correctly " Adar " the additional month, was correct.... I don't remember the " ll " part though, anyway cudos for that info.
The calendar is lunar and there are approximately 29.5 days in the lunar cycle, (12 x 29.5 = 354 days). Concerning what was said about Hezekiah, (circa 722-720BC, around the time of the captivity of the Northern Tribes) and that it took approximately nineteen years to discover this change, (701BC) you will likely not read about that anywhere in your webs as far as I know but you could have very easily typed "calendar change 701BC" into your web crawler and found at least information concerning that portion of what I stated, (all ancient calendars changed circa 701BC). Also, I did not say that "YOU are atrocious" but rather that your MISTAKES and ERRORS are atrocious seeing that you claim to be "one of the two witnesses". However, it now appears that you have back pedaled slightly and "demoted" yourself to "witness in training", and I suppose that is a good start, but for you to say that my post is "evil" because I told you the truth, (once again) only reveals what is in your heart. Just as the Pharisees, Sadducees, Scribes and their fathers who called good evil and evil good. Oh well... :)

guysmith said:

The 70th Week of Daniel is a seven year period which beings with the confirmation of a covenant and ends
with the advent of Christ and the start of the Millennial rule of Christ. This seven year period can further be divided into four smaller periods of time. These period are outlined by Christ in Matthew 24:

1. The Beginning of Birth Pains (The first 3 ½ years) Matt24:1-14

2. The Great Tribulation (The second 3½ years) Matt 24:15-28

3. The Wonders in the Heavens Matt 24:29

4. The Day of the Lord

2555 days

The Bible provides us with the durations of these four periods which total 2555 days exactly. Start by multiplying the seven years that make up the tribulation period by 365 days that make up a year (7 x 365= 2555 Days).

(Though the Jewish calendar was made of 360 days, ancient scholars were aware of 365 days years. To make their calendar work, they would add, every six years, an additional 30 day month.)

We begin with the two periods that is recognized by most.

1. The Great Tribulation Period which has a duration of 1260 days. Rev12:6

2. The Day of the Lord is one day. 2 Peter 3:10c.

3. The duration of the Wonders in the Heavens can be found in the account of the two witnesses Revelation 11:3. It is the 3 ½ days that they lay dead on the streets of Jerusalem. Notice that they do their works for the 1260 days of the GT, lay dead in Jerusalem for 3 ½ days then are resurrected on The Day of the Lord.

4. The remaining 1290 days of The Beginning of Birth Pains can be found in Daniel 12:11.

In review:

1. The Beginning of Birth Pains 1290 days

2. The Great Tribulation 1260 days

3. The Wonders in the Heavens 3 ½ rounded up to 4 days

4. The Day of the Lord 1 day

Grand total of 2555 days or seven years to the day.
The only "weeks" that count are the weeks which we are commanded to count. Thus there are "seventy weeks" in "ten days" and likewise the Master states: "Ye shall have tribulation ten days". It appears you do not take these things into consideration even though they are written for our benefit? The opening of the book of Daniel reveals the same typology:

Daniel 1:11-15 KJV
11. Then said Daniel to Melzar, whom the prince of the eunuchs had set over Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah,
12. Prove thy servants, I beseech thee, ten days; and let them give us pulse to eat, and water to drink.
13. Then let our countenances be looked upon before thee, and the countenance of the children that eat of the portion of the king's meat: and as thou seest, deal with thy servants.
14. So he consented to them in this matter, and proved them ten days.
15. And at the end of ten days their countenances appeared fairer and fatter in flesh than all the children which did eat the portion of the king's meat.

Revelation 2:8-10 KJV
8. And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;
9. I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.
10. Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

There be seventy weeks in just "ten days" ...
Mark these words for none of them shall fail, (if indeed one is sealed) ...
That is, for each in his or her own appointed times, (if indeed one overcomes) ... :)

John_8:32

Nov 9, 2012
guysmith said:
To be more precise, it is 365.242199 Days.

I think that you missed my point. God has provided a place-of-safety for a pocket of believers (like Noah) that will physically survive the coming GT. In order to take advantage of GOD's divine protection, those believers will have to be at the place-of-safety prior to the start of the GT. So, if a believer sees the start of the Tribulation period, then that believer would have 1290days to get to the place-of-safety (which is the reason GOD has provided us the durations of the four periods of the GT).
There is a "Place of Safety"...

Rev 12:13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.
Rev 12:14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness (ἔρημος: a desert place), into her place (means her place), where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent. (3-1/2 years)

The sign to flee is two parts...

Dan 12:11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

1290 days...

Luk 21:20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

The AoD is very near (30 days).

Mat 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
Mat 24:16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
Mat 24:17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
Mat 24:18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

When you see the AoD set up, it is time to get out of Dodge. Don't even go into your house and grab a change of underwear and a toothbrush...

Luk 17:28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
Luk 17:29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
Luk 17:30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.
Luk 17:31 In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back.
Luk 17:32 Remember Lot's wife.

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
brilliantsteve,

I am sorry, I do not see it as you do.

Zechariah 14:1-5 documents a scenerio, on the Day of the Lord, where Messiah is going protect a remnant within the Old City of Jerusalem. Zechariah 14:1-5 is one of several (including Joel 2:32) which identifies Mount Zion in Jerusalem as the place-of-safety where a pocket of believers are identified.

Just My Humble Opinion,

Guy Smith

John8,

The "flee" instructions in Matthew 24 are not to flee from Jerusalem. Jerusalem, in Zech14:1-5, is where Christ is going to fight for a pocket of believers. If Christ is eventually going to protect a group of survivors in Jerusalem, why woud he instruct them to flee away from it?

And the answer is that He isn't instructing them to flee from Jerusalem, he is instructing them to flee to it.

Matthew 24:16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

You see, Jerusalem is the highest points in Judea. The old city of Jerusalem is built on three mounts, one of which is Mount Zion and another is Mount Moriah. It is all down hill from Jerusalem. It is down to the Dead Sea, it is down to the Mediterranean.

Guy

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
The place of safety is to dwell in the SECRET PLACE of the Most High and He will have you gathered to safety. I know where the secret place is. It is in His name..... but you may not know His name, in that day many will say Lord Lord but he will not know them, because they failed to know the Word.

But I believe scripture tells us that God knows who they are that are saved
Matt 13:30
30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
KJV
Mark 13:26-27
26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
27 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.
KJV
Luke 21:36
36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
KJV
1 Thess 5:9
9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
KJV

Mark 13:20
20 And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.
KJV

2011-2017, 2014 being mid through caught up to God's throne

Feb 7, 2013
Guysmith,

I agree with Afaithfulone4u. Her Mark quote in particular shows that there is not just one place where the elect will be gathered from.

afaithfulone4u said:
Mark 13:26-27
26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
27 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.
KJV
On the positive side though Jerusalem is in the middle and I am positive he wont miss any of his remnant gathered there. ;)

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Daq wrote: " The calendar is lunar and there are approximately 29.5 days in the lunar cycle, (12 x 29.5 = 354 days). Concerning what was said about Hezekiah, (circa 722-720BC, around the time of the captivity of the Northern Tribes) and that it took approximately nineteen years to discover this change, (701BC) you will likely not read about that anywhere in your webs as far as I know but you could have very easily typed "calendar change 701BC" into your web crawler and found at least information concerning that portion of what I stated, (all ancient calendars changed circa 701BC). Also, I did not say that "YOU are atrocious" but rather that your MISTAKES and ERRORS are atrocious seeing that you claim to be "one of the two witnesses". However, it now appears that you have back pedaled slightly and "demoted" yourself to "witness in training", and I suppose that is a good start, but for you to say that my post is "evil" because I told you the truth, (once again) only reveals what is in your heart. Just as the Pharisees, Sadducees, Scribes and their fathers who called good evil and evil good. Oh well... :) "

I try for peace and you again attack (perhaps attack is to harsh)? you left out the last part where I stated I did not like calling that evil. Witness in training??? Dang man.. at least you got that right ! of course I am in training. A mistake - not malicious or and error - not malicious is wrong and possibly evil to call atrocious. Here is the reasoning.. atrocious is a very harsh word - too harsh for a mistake or error that is not intended to decieve for has other alterior motives. What I posted had zero bad intent - but only for debate and consideration. So atrocious just does not fit.

EXACTLY where did you get the idea a prophet as a person cannont err? If you continue to support the ideas about me then your act has intent and since being wrong would be valid as considered atrocious, (meaning my descripion of "evil" fits) unless I lied about being a Witness, which is not a lie. But REMEMBER I also stated; and I mean it, i did not, and do not like calling it evil. Which is why i offered you a chance to retract the malcontent statement. AND how do you finish... by claiming once again you know my heart... YOU DO NOT KNOW MY HEART and YOUR ASSUMPTION IS SEVERELY WRONG. Not a single person thart knows me would say that is a right description of my heart... But you may find them very mad at you for claiming that.

There was an episode in my life that I was so angry I could not stand to breathe the same air as those I was mad at... I do not think and I hope you never felt just how mad that means. So angry i thought my heart would burst... but the description of being so mad I could not stand to be on the same planet and breathe the same air is a better description. Yet, no matter how much I wanted to see every molecule of them was not only destroyed but was eliminated from existance - I could not bring myself to harm them. That was a test of my heart, for I could care less, at that time what would happen to me, had I took my anger out on them. For then i would have had to breathe the same air as those that would have tried to persecute me, and my anger was such that it would have carried over to those people as well.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, terry.

terry said:

It doesn't matter how many people say that "giraffes are purple"; giraffes are NOT purple! It doesn't matter how many theologians say that the "prophetic year" is 360 days! That still doesn't make them correct!

The solar year, upon which the planting and harvesting cycle is based is 365.242199 days/year. (And, even that is not exact, although it's a fairly accurate approximation.) The Jewish calendar DID use a lunar-based month - a "moonth," if you will allow it, and daq is correct: each "moonth" is 29.5 days long (roughly). That's why the Jewish calendar will call for some moonths to be 29 days long and others to be 30 days long. It's not totally regular because it's not exactly 29.5 days/moonth, but generally the moonths flip-flop between 30 days and 29 days. These numbers cannot be exact because, if one will remember from one's science classes on astronomy, the year is based on the earth's orbit around the sun while this moonth is based on the moon's orbit around the earth, neither of which are perfect circles but are wobbling elliptical orbits. When we say that the year is 365.242199 days long, that number is an AVERAGE over a prolonged period of time. Because that number is so close to 365.25, we here in America and in many places of the world will say that the year has 365 days with a leap year containing 366 days every fourth year. Even then we must either skip a leap day for a century or add in a leap day for every fourth century to make up the finer precision. Other cultures, such as Iran (based on the ancient Persian calendar), have different systems of time keeping.

However, NO system of time keeping has a calendar that changes the length of the year in the long haul, not even the Jewish calendar! They have leap MOONTHS that they will add in from time to time, and that is not a random thing; there's a complex formula to follow for when a leap month (or two) might be added that follows a pattern.

In any case, it is TOTALLY bogus to use a 360-day year, PARTICULARLY for a long period of time, such as 70 Sevens of years! Four hundred ninety years is a LONG time to consider each year to be off by 5.242199 days! Those days are ACCUMULATIVE! By the time such a long period is over, the calculator will be off by 2,568.67751 days or 7.03280593 YEARS!!

This is why I believe there were three ways of saying a length of time that SEEMS like the same length of time. The "1,260 days" and the "42 months" (again, probably "moonths") and the "time, times (dual), and half a time" are NOT exactly the same lengths of time!

(Had to correct myself on the leap days after I read what I wrote. It's been a while since I was a Y2K programmer.)

Nov 9, 2012
John8,

The "flee" instructions in Matthew 24 are not to flee from Jerusalem. Jerusalem, in Zech14:1-5, is where Christ is going to fight for a pocket of believers. If Christ is eventually going to protect a group of survivors in Jerusalem, why woud he instruct them to flee away from it?

And the answer is that He isn't instructing them to flee from Jerusalem, he is instructing them to flee to it.

Matthew 24:16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

You see, Jerusalem is the highest points in Judea. The old city of Jerusalem is built on three mounts, one of which is Mount Zion and another is Mount Moriah. It is all down hill from Jerusalem. It is down to the Dead Sea, it is down to the Mediterranean.

Guy
You see it one way, I see it the other. To flee from Judea means to leave that area as I see it.

Shalom, terry.

It doesn't matter how many people say that "giraffes are purple"; giraffes are NOT purple! It doesn't matter how many theologians say that the "prophetic year" is 360 days! That still doesn't make them correct!

The solar year, upon which the planting and harvesting cycle is based is 365.242199 days/year. (And, even that is not exact, although it's a fairly accurate approximation.) The Jewish calendar DID use a lunar-based month - a "moonth," if you will allow it, and daq is correct: each "moonth" is 29.5 days long (roughly). That's why the Jewish calendar will call for some moonths to be 29 days long and others to be 30 days long. It's not totally regular because it's not exactly 29.5 days/moonth, but generally the moonths flip-flop between 30 days and 29 days. These numbers cannot be exact because, if one will remember from one's science classes on astronomy, the year is based on the earth's orbit around the sun while this moonth is based on the moon's orbit around the earth, neither of which are perfect circles but are wobbling elliptical orbits. When we say that the year is 365.242199 days long, that number is an AVERAGE over a prolonged period of time. Because that number is so close to 365.25, we here in America and in many places of the world will say that the year has 365 days with a leap year containing 366 days every fourth year. Even then we must either skip a leap day for a century or add in a leap day for every fourth century to make up the finer precision. Other cultures, such as Iran (based on the ancient Persian calendar), have different systems of time keeping.

However, NO system of time keeping has a calendar that changes the length of the year in the long haul, not even the Jewish calendar! They have leap MOONTHS that they will add in from time to time, and that is not a random thing; there's a complex formula to follow for when a leap month (or two) might be added that follows a pattern.

In any case, it is TOTALLY bogus to use a 360-day year, PARTICULARLY for a long period of time, such as 70 Sevens of years! Four hundred ninety years is a LONG time to consider each year to be off by 5.242199 days! Those days are ACCUMULATIVE! By the time such a long period is over, the calculator will be off by 2,568.67751 days or 7.03280593 YEARS!!

This is why I believe there were three ways of saying a length of time that SEEMS like the same length of time. The "1,260 days" and the "42 months" (again, probably "moonths") and the "time, times (dual), and half a time" are NOT exactly the same lengths of time!

(Had to correct myself on the leap days after I read what I wrote. It's been a while since I was a Y2K programmer.)
I like that term moonth. Seven out of nineteen years have thirteen months also. So the "Moonth" calendar resets itself every nineteen years and keeps accurate time and has for thousands of years without adjustment.

JosyWales

Oct 21, 2008
Orlando, Fl
According to Revelation, the 1260 days happen at the end of the Apocalypse, which is as the the original poster said. According to Daniel 12 the 1290 days, which is connected to the 1335 days (which the poster ignores I suppose because he cannot fit it into his chronology) is at the end of the Apocalypse as well, since at the 1335th day it is indicated that it is the end.

I am pretty sure it is more correct to assume that the 1260 days is a part of the 1290 days, just as it is a part of the 1335 days since that is what the bible seems to show us.

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
terry said:
Daq wrote: " The calendar is lunar and there are approximately 29.5 days in the lunar cycle, (12 x 29.5 = 354 days). Concerning what was said about Hezekiah, (circa 722-720BC, around the time of the captivity of the Northern Tribes) and that it took approximately nineteen years to discover this change, (701BC) you will likely not read about that anywhere in your webs as far as I know but you could have very easily typed "calendar change 701BC" into your web crawler and found at least information concerning that portion of what I stated, (all ancient calendars changed circa 701BC). Also, I did not say that "YOU are atrocious" but rather that your MISTAKES and ERRORS are atrocious seeing that you claim to be "one of the two witnesses". However, it now appears that you have back pedaled slightly and "demoted" yourself to "witness in training", and I suppose that is a good start, but for you to say that my post is "evil" because I told you the truth, (once again) only reveals what is in your heart. Just as the Pharisees, Sadducees, Scribes and their fathers who called good evil and evil good. Oh well... :) "

I try for peace and you again attack (perhaps attack is to harsh)? you left out the last part where I stated I did not like calling that evil. Witness in training??? Dang man.. at least you got that right ! of course I am in training. A mistake - not malicious or and error - not malicious is wrong and possibly evil to call atrocious. Here is the reasoning.. atrocious is a very harsh word - too harsh for a mistake or error that is not intended to decieve for has other alterior motives. What I posted had zero bad intent - but only for debate and consideration. So atrocious just does not fit.

EXACTLY where did you get the idea a prophet as a person cannont err? If you continue to support the ideas about me then your act has intent and since being wrong would be valid as considered atrocious, (meaning my descripion of "evil" fits) unless I lied about being a Witness, which is not a lie. But REMEMBER I also stated; and I mean it, i did not, and do not like calling it evil. Which is why i offered you a chance to retract the malcontent statement. AND how do you finish... by claiming once again you know my heart... YOU DO NOT KNOW MY HEART and YOUR ASSUMPTION IS SEVERELY WRONG. Not a single person thart knows me would say that is a right description of my heart... But you may find them very mad at you for claiming that.

There was an episode in my life that I was so angry I could not stand to breathe the same air as those I was mad at... I do not think and I hope you never felt just how mad that means. So angry i thought my heart would burst... but the description of being so mad I could not stand to be on the same planet and breathe the same air is a better description. Yet, no matter how much I wanted to see every molecule of them was not only destroyed but was eliminated from existance - I could not bring myself to harm them. That was a test of my heart, for I could care less, at that time what would happen to me, had I took my anger out on them. For then i would have had to breathe the same air as those that would have tried to persecute me, and my anger was such that it would have carried over to those people as well.
In every language there are at least the basic nouns, adjectives, and verbs with their tense forms. How then can it be possible that you do not do the same also with the Scriptures as you do with my words? even if it is unintentional? When you say that my post was "evil" you employ a word that denotes my "intent" in the writing of my post. However, when I say that "your mistakes and errors are atrocious" I employ a word that describes the outcome potential of your statements, like fruits, and their effects upon those around you. If one bites into a apple that is rotten on the inside he or she might say it was "atrocious" or if one sees an old slice of bread with mold growing on the surface then the same might say it was "atrocious", (yet at the same time many school children likewise consider too much homework to be "atrocious"). Neither the apple nor the moldy slice of bread have the "intent" to harm anyone but if one eats of them he then eats of the poison and his body-temple will suffer the ensuing damage. It was made clear that I was not calling you atrocious but rather your statements made in error; likewise that your errors and mistakes are exaggerated by the fact that you have proclaimed yourself to be "one of the two witnesses" of the Book of the Revelation of Yeshua. I have not claimed to know your heart but have rather continued to state the obvious to you; which is that you keep revealing more and more of what is in your heart by your own words, judgments, and accusations. No amount of calling me the aggressor for defending my position will change the truth. You have attacked me by stating that my post was "evil" (whether you enjoyed doing so or not) and that was clearly a judgment on your part concerning my "intent" (which is an incorrect judgment on your part if indeed what I spoke to you was the truth). Perhaps you should have kept your word and left me "on ignore"? Also, where in the Scripture is there anything written about a "prophetic year" of 360 days? No such statement is anywhere to be found; it is rather a modern concoction: and Jeremiah, Daniel, Ezekiel, Zechariah, Haggai, (as well as others) wrote long after the 701BC calendar change knowing the length of the year. Likewise your calculations down to quarter days and minutes do not allow for any grace or mercy as clearly shown in the case of Hezekiah who was given fifteen years to the span of his life taken from the sun dial of Ahaz. This is the major problem with hyper dispensational doctrines based in a "vengeance mentality" when it comes to the "end of the age" scenario. Those who prescribe to such tenants are essentially saying that if one does not agree with them they will be punished or perish. The final judgment comes upon physical death and the only thing that needs to be said by the Master has already been revealed to us; "Depart from me, workers of lawlessness-iniquity" (for all judgment has been committed unto the Son). Until that time God is merciful and not willing that any should perish. :)

Nov 9, 2012
JosyWales said:
According to Revelation, the 1260 days happen at the end of the Apocalypse, which is as the the original poster said. According to Daniel 12 the 1290 days, which is connected to the 1335 days (which the poster ignores I suppose because he cannot fit it into his chronology) is at the end of the Apocalypse as well, since at the 1335th day it is indicated that it is the end.

I am pretty sure it is more correct to assume that the 1260 days is a part of the 1290 days, just as it is a part of the 1335 days since that is what the bible seems to show us.
Persactly, 1335, 1290 and 1260 all end at the return of Christ, so the 1335 begins 1335 days before Christ's return, 1290 begins 1290 days prior and the 1260 begins 1260 days prior. They all end on the same day.

JosyWales

Oct 21, 2008
Orlando, Fl
I think you misunderstand me John. The 1260, 1290 and 1335th days are all progressions of the same time period but the end of them is not on the same day. I will repost my chart here so you may understand what I mean.

484760_228836440586811_105595627_n.jpg