The (7th) Abomination That Maketh Desolate

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen bro.

In addition to identifying "he" through spiritual discernment, "he" can also be corroboratively identified through simple grammar:

The grammatical antecedent/referent of "he" in verse 27 is "prince" in verse 26.

The grammatical antecedent/referent of "prince" in verse 26 is "Messiah the Prince" in verse 25.

Therefore, spiritually and grammatically, "he" in verse 27 is "Messiah the Prince".
Amen again!! Only by the Spirit of God are the prophetic words of God revealed to us.
KJV Zech. 4:6
Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might [personal human effort], nor by power [Religious persuasion], but [rather] by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.

KJV Zech 4:11-14
14. Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by [for] the Lord of the whole earth.

In verse 12, "oil" is symbolic of God's Holy Spirit.
Most professing Christians are unaware that of all people in all the world, ONLY John the Baptist and Jesus had the Holy Spirit upon their physical birth.
In other words, the ministry of John and Jesus on earth, was a Joint ministry, just as KJV Zech. 4:6 reveals it.

John's ministry was for exactly 6 mos., and Jesus' ministry (in mortal flesh) was exactly 3 years. All of that totals to 1260 days (3.5 years), which is the middle of the 70th prophetic week in KJV Daniel 9:26-27.
26. And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself:...
27. ...And He [Jesus] shall confirm the [New] covenant with many for one week:

and in the midst of the week He [by His own sacrifice of Himself] shall cause the [temple services of] sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations He shall make it desolate [destroyed/void of God], even until the consummation [the end of time], and that determined [see verse 24] shall be poured upon the desolate.
[See KJV Acts 10:45, as to exactly what it was that was poured out upon the DESOLATE [being that of Israel and ALL PEOPLE, who are void of God.]

Last edited:
Reactions: rwb and covenantee

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
KJV Mat. 24[15] WHEN YE therefore shall see the abomination [The REASON] of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand). Psalm 24:3-5
THEN let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:"

Mark 13[14] But WHEN YE shall SEE the abomination [The REASON] of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,). Psalm 24:3-5.
THEN let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:

Luke 21:4-20
[20] And WHEN YE shall SEE Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know [the REASON why] that the desolation thereof is NIGH.
[21] THEN let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.
[22] For these be the days of vengeance [punishment], that ALL
THINGS which are written may be fulfilled
[23] But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! FOR there shall be GREAT distress [TRIBULATION] in the land
and WRATH upon THIS people

[24] And they [Israel] shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, UNTIL the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled (Rom.11:25; Mat 24:14).
**NOTE: the wrath of God is not upon His Born Again saints, being both Jew and Gentile.

Q. How long shall "the days of vengeance (punishment)" be? Luke 21:24.
A. UNTIL the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. Rom. 11:25; Mat. 24:14.

John 2[19] Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy THIS temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
[20] Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
[21] But he spake of the temple of his body.

Now, let's go back to the above: Mat. 24:15 and Mark 13:14, and understand Who the abomination was committed against, by referencing the Seven abominations in Proverbs 6:16-19.

Now, since God made an interjection of a 7th abomination in Prov. 6:16, please find "THE abomination" that is the most abominable towards God, of which is actually "THE abomination that  MAKETH desolate"- KJV Daniel 12:11

Q. So then, according to the 7th abomination in Proverbs 6:16-19, who was it, that committed that abomination, when Jesus was with us in mortal flesh?
A. Mat. 27:25 Then answered all the people, and said, [let] His [innocent] blood be on us, and on our children.

Q. What was the 7th abomination, that was committed against God the Father and the Son?
A. The shedding of innocent blood, of His only begotten Son. Proverbs 6:17.

You wouldn't happen to know of anyone else, that was physically born with innocent blood, would you???
I didn't think so!

Now, let's connect all of that with John 2:19 and understand which temple it was, that was going to be the VICTIM, to receive the act of the 7th abomination.
Well of course, it literarally was the mortal body/TEMPLE of the Lord Jesus Christ, having innocent blood.

Was it the Roman named Pilate or Titus, that committed the 7th abomination against God the Father and the Son, or....was it someone else, whereby such an act brought about that which [God] "MAKETH desolate", being that of the vengeance of God?

Q. Since 70AD., who is it that had fallen under the vengeance of God?
(Our clue: "wrath upon this people". Luke 21:23).
Please select the correct answer:
1. The Romans.
2. The Jews.

Through this brief study, you now have come to know, that act by Israel: "THE ABOMINATION [of shedding the innocent blood of Jesus] [is] THAT [of why God] MAKETH DESOLATE", and is now long past, of which shall NEVER be repeated again for THAT REASON, or any other reason. Dan. 12:11.

If one is ever going to understand the 70 weeks of Daniel 9:24-27, they MUST study it through the KJV only, with the teaching by God's Holy Spirit, and NOT by the wisdom of men.
1 Cor. 2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.”
How does objectivity differ from subjectivity?

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen bro.

Jesus Christ Himself has finished it all, perfectly and completely, long ago at Calvary.
Amen Bro!!
Unfortunately, most all here are spouting the words of "church-ianity" having missed the plot of "The Truth", and now are thoroughly engaged in religious science fiction.

Last edited:
Reactions: rwb and covenantee

grafted branch

Dec 11, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what you nave not shown in your analysis.... the vision in Daniel 9:24 refers to the vision in Daniel 9:21-23, which refers back to the vision Gabriel informed Daniel about when it would take place in Daniel 8 and now in Daniel 9 - the 70th week. All corresponding to Ezekiel 39 - which your view contradicts.
Doug, the vision in Daniel 9:21-23 can’t be referring to the Daniel 8 vision. It’s referring to Daniel 9:2, the vision or word of the Lord that came to Jeremiah the prophet, that he would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem.

In Daniel 8:14 it says unto 2300 then shall the sanctuary be cleansed<6663> (to be just or righteous). Your chart doesn’t show that sanctuary being just or righteous. Daniel 8 is the acts committed by AE4.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does objectivity differ from subjectivity?
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 5:39 Search the [OT] scriptures [words]; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doug, the vision in Daniel 9:21-23 can’t be referring to the Daniel 8 vision. It’s referring to Daniel 9:2, the vision or word of the Lord that came to Jeremiah the prophet, that he would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem.

In Daniel 8:14 it says unto 2300 then shall the sanctuary be cleansed<6663> (to be just or righteous). Your chart doesn’t show that sanctuary being just or righteous. Daniel 8 is the acts committed by AE4.
In Daniel 9:21, Daniel immediately recognized Gabriel having first encountered Gabriel in Daniel 8 - that is the vision being referred to.

Daniel was aware of the seventy years prophecy from Jeremiah - I agree. Gabriel in Daniel 9:23 calls it "the matter", i.e. the 70 years.

23 At the beginning of thy supplications the commandment came forth, and I am come to shew thee; for thou art greatly beloved: therefore understand the matter, and consider the vision.

So Gabriel was sent to help Daniel understand (1) the matter of the 70 weeks prophecy and (2) the time of the end vision regarding the little horn.

----------------------------------------------------

Antiohus was not time of the end. And Antiochus in his day was responsible for the "abomination of desolation" in Daniel 11: 31, not the "transgression of desolation" of Daniel 8.

Antiochus setting up of a statue image prefigured what the time of end abomination of desolation in Daniel 12:11-12 will be.

The transgression of desolation will be an act - i.e. which will be the Antichrist (thought-to-be King of Israel messiah, by the Jews up to that point) transgressing the Mt. Sinai covenant, of 2Thessalonians2:4.

The abomination of desolation comes a little later, as the statue image made of the beast-king (the former Antichrist) in Revelation 13:14-15 and placed on the temple mount.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The temple complex will not be cleansed of the abominations - i.e. the statue image, Satan's presence on the temple mount, the beast-king, and the false prophet - until the day that Jesus returns, His Second Coming

Last edited:

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 5:39 Search the [OT] scriptures [words]; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
A great example of subjectivity.

Reactions: Earburner

grafted branch

Dec 11, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Daniel 9:21, Daniel immediately recognized Gabriel having first encountered Gabriel in Daniel 8 - that is the vision being referred to.
Agreed, Daniel recognizes Gabriel just as someone will recognize their pastor when they see him. That recognition doesn’t mean we refer back to the last conversation we had, most likely it will be new conversation.

So Gabriel was sent to help Daniel understand (1) the matter of the 70 weeks prophecy and (2) the time of the end vision regarding the little horn.
Or the matter was the vision. Jeremiah was given visions, for example in Jeremiah 25:17 Jeremiah takes the cup and makes all nations to drink. This happens just after the 70 years in Jeremiah 25:12-14. This was both the matter that was to be understood and the vision that was to be considered.

The temple complex will not be cleansed of the abominations - i.e. the statue image, Satan's presence on the temple mount, the beast-king, and the false prophet - until the day that Jesus returns, His Second Coming
In Daniel 8:11 his sanctuary was cast down. Whose sanctuary is cast down? This sanctuary held a higher position before it’s cast down. You have the sacrifices starting in a temple prior to the TOD, do you believe that when the sacrifices start that this will be just and righteous?

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Absolutely Correct!
In regards to the 2300 days of KJV Daniel 8:14, first one must KNOW the historical facts about Antiochus Epiphanes IV and the prince of Israel, Judas Maccabeus. All of that historical event is found in 1 Maccabees ch. 1-4.
Today, the Jews celebrate that event of "the cleansing of the Temple", as being "Hanukkah".
Not that the Jews can make any correct sense or association about it, but rather the spiritual reality is that by faith in the shed blood of Jesus Christ, our temple bodies are CLEANSED for the indwelling presence of God's Holy Spirit.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen Bro!!
Unfortunately, most all here are spouting the words of "church-ianity" having missed the plot of "The Truth", and now are thoroughly engaged in religious science fiction.
Yeah.

Darby/Scofield modernist Jesuit futurism.

Futurized fantasy and fallacy.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Through this brief study, you now have come to know, that act by Israel: "THE ABOMINATION [of shedding the innocent blood of Jesus] [is] THAT [of why God] MAKETH DESOLATE", and is now long past, of which shall NEVER be repeated again for THAT REASON, or any other reason. Dan. 12:11.
A few questions concerning: “innocent blood”
Acts 22:19-20 And I said, Lord, they know that I imprisoned and beat in every synagogue them that believed on You: [20] And when the blood of thy martyr Stephen was shed, I also was standing by, and consenting unto his death, and kept the raiment of them that slew him.

I do get what you have shared concerning those things did against Jesus Christ. But my question is what of when Jesus Christ asked Saul “Saul Saul why do you persecute Me”. To me that is Jesus Christ including what is did against Him, with what is done against all of those who trust in Him as being “His body” “washed in His blood and made clean”. “If you do it to the least of these, you have done it as unto Me.” Acts 22:8 And I answered, Who art thou, Lord? And he said unto me, I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom thou persecutes.

with “the shedding of innocent blood”…
I think of the warning “their feet are swift to shed blood”

Is it “.tongues used in deceit” “full of cursing” “full of bitterness” “destruction and misery in their ways” “not knowing the way of peace” “no fear of God” which makes desolate? What “vessel” or what “House” do these things “make desolate?” Romans 3:10-18
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: [11] There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. [12] They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. [13] Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips: [14] Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness: [15] Their feet are swift to shed blood: [16] Destruction and misery are in their ways: [17] And the way of peace have they not known: [18] There is no fear of God before their eyes.

If I had to say what makes desolate it is:
Romans 5:18-20 Therefore, as one trespass led to condemnation for all men, so one act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all men. [19] For as by the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man's obedience the many will be made righteous. [20] Now the law came in to increase the trespass, but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more,

Romans 7:7-13 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. [8] But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead. [9] For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died. [10] And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death. (Desolation)[11] For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me. [12] Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. [13] Was then that which is good made death (desolation)unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death(desolation) in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding (desolate) sinful.

Romans 7:24-25 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this (desolation) death? [25] I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God (abounding); but with the flesh the law of sin(abased).
—whether abounding or abased ..I have learned how to be both. Philippians 4:12-13 I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. [13] I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

1 Corinthians 15:55-58 O (desolation)death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory(of thievery)? 56] The sting of (desolation) death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. [57] But thanks be to God, which giveth (unto) us the victory (over desolation) through (and by the Fruit of) our Lord Jesus Christ. [58] Therefore, my beloved brethren, be you stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as you know that your labour is not(desolate) in vain in the Lord.
What is what makes desolate?
If not that which hinders the Fruit of Christ from growth to maturity! Thanks be to God who gives the increase of the Fruit of the Spirit of God …that the Harvest of the Fruitfulness of Christ abounds unto the Glory of God and overcomes the dry desolation of “no fruit unto God.”

Last edited:

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grammar doesn't guess.
"messiah" in Daniel 9:26 does not leap-frog "the prince who shall come" to the be the antecedent of "He" in Daniel 9:27.

"the prince who shall come" is the antecedent of "He" in Daniel 9:27.
-----------------------------------------

the messiah is cutoff after 69 weeks (62 weeks +7 weeks), not after 69 1/2 weeks.

Jesus arrived in Jerusalem hailed as the King of Israel who comes in the name of the Lord in John 12:12-13. 4 days later was crucified. Fulfilling Daniel 9:25-26.

-------------------------------------------

The 70th week of Daniel 9 is the 7 years following the Gog/Magog event in Ezekiel 39:9-10. The Armageddon event at the end of the 7 years is in Ezekiel 39:17-20. Jesus's Second Coming is in Ezekiel 39:21-29. The final gathering of the house of Israel is in Ezekiel 39:28, corresponding to Matthew 24:31.

No-one that shares your position regarding the 70th week ever talks about those things that take place in Ezekiel 39. Because....

1. they don't understand who the prince who shall come is. Nor the five stages that person goes through on the way to his demise.

2. they don't understand the time components of the seven years in Revelation.

3. they don't like being proved wrong.

And they never ever make timeline charts of events leading up to Jesus's Second Coming.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 5:20-21 Now the law came in to increase the trespass, but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more, [21] so that, as sin reigned in death, grace also might reign through righteousness leading to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 7:13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

2 Timothy 3:12-17 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. [13] But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. [14] But continue thou in the things which you have learned and has been assured of, knowing of whom you have learned them; [15] And that from a child you have known the holy scriptures, which are able to make you wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. [16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: [17] That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

How should the Children of God be made manifest as evil men and seducers wax worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived? ‘Now the law came in to increase the trespass, but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more, [21] so that, as sin reigned in death, grace also might reign through righteousness leading to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.’? ‘And that from a child you have known the holy scriptures, which are able to make you wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.’? …is it to wax worse and worse deceiving and being deceived?
1 Timothy 6:8-9 And having food and (cover)raiment let us be therewith content. [9] But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.

And what is the antecedent of "the prince who shall come"?
There is no prior antecedent of the prince that shall come. An antecedent is a relationship between a noun and a pronoun.

The colon (I highlight in red and enlarged) in verse 26 separates the parts of the verse referring to the messiah from the pasts of the verse to identify who the prince that shall come is.

26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Why do you not acknowledge Ezekiel 39 ?

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is no prior antecedent of the prince that shall come. An antecedent is a relationship between a noun and a pronoun.

The colon (I highlight in red and enlarged) in verse 26 separates the parts of the verse referring to the messiah from the pasts of the verse to identify who the prince that shall come is.

26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Why do you not acknowledge Ezekiel 39 ?
The correct term is actually "referent", which is defined as: "the person, thing, or idea that a word, phrase, or object refers to". There is no noun or pronoun dependency.

The referent of "the prince that shall come" is "Messiah the Prince" in verse 25.

Messiah was, and is, a Prince.

Messiah did come, some 500 years after Daniel wrote the prophecy.

Last edited:
Reactions: rwb

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or the matter was the vision. Jeremiah was given visions, for example in Jeremiah 25:17 Jeremiah takes the cup and makes all nations to drink. This happens just after the 70 years in Jeremiah 25:12-14. This was both the matter that was to be understood and the vision that was to be considered.
No, Daniel was not there at the time of Jeremiah. The vision being referred to is the experience that both Daniel and Gabriel had with each other.
In Daniel 8:11 his sanctuary was cast down. Whose sanctuary is cast down?
The prince of the host of heaven. The little horn person will make the temple desolate of worship and praise of the One True God.

This sanctuary held a higher position before it’s cast down. You have the sacrifices starting in a temple prior to the TOD, do you believe that when the sacrifices start that this will be just and righteous?
The animal sacrifices will begin again, 7 months into the seven years. I show the 2300 days of Daniel 8:14 on my chart below.

horiziontal chart July 23, 2023 small.jpg

Last edited:

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The correct term is actually "referent", which is defined as: "the person, thing, or idea that a word, phrase, or object refers to". There is no noun or pronoun dependency.

The referent of "the prince that shall come" is "Messiah the Prince" in verse 25.
The prince who shall come does not "refer" back to the messiah either. The people who destroyed the temple and the city were the Romans.

Differently, Jesus's people were the Jews. John 1:11He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

The Jews will not turn to Jesus and the gospel of salvation until the middle part of the 70th week. In Revelation 12:10.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The prince who shall come does not "refer" back to the messiah either. The people who destroyed the temple and the city were the Romans.

Differently, Jesus's people were the Jews. John 1:11He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

The Jews will not turn to Jesus and the gospel of salvation until the middle part of the 70th week. In Revelation 12:10.

The Romans were the agents and servants, the people, of Messiah, to accomplish His purposes of judgment and destruction upon the nation that had rejected Him.

Multitudes of Jews have accepted Jesus' gospel of salvation since His Sacrifice at Calvary in the middle of the 70th week.

Reactions: rwb