The (7th) Abomination That Maketh Desolate

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are struck saying the same thing over and over, as if that makes it correct.

I am asking you about the vision in Daniel 9:21-24. That will prove the 70th week is still unfulfilled.
You are stuck repetitively denying the Biblical grammar which identifies "the prince who shall come" as "Messiah the Prince".

There is nothing in the Biblical grammar about the vision which will change the Biblical grammar which identifies "the prince who shall come" as "Messiah the Prince".

Reactions: rwb

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are stuck repetitively denying the Biblical grammar which identifies "the prince who shall come" as "Messiah the Prince".

There is nothing in the Biblical grammar about the vision which will change the Biblical grammar which identifies "the prince who shall come" as "Messiah the Prince".
I am not the one who is stuck because I talk about the vision in Daniel 9:21-24. And about Ezekiel 39 which has in it Israel and Jesus's Second Coming. You do not because you are stuck saying the same thing over and over as if that makes it true.

The 70th week is still unfulfilled.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am not the one who is stuck because I talk about the vision in Daniel 9:21-24. And about Ezekiel 39 which has in it Israel and Jesus's Second Coming. You do not because you are stuck saying the same thing over and over as if that makes it true.
You are stuck repetitively denying that "the prince who shall come" is "Messiah the Prince".

You are stuck saying Ezekiel 39 over and over.

grafted branch

Dec 11, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gentiles were never instructed to perform the daily sacrifice. The Jews (Judaism) currently base their religion on the Mt. Sinai covenant which established the daily sacrifice.
According to the Mt. Sinai covenant Gentiles can become Jews. Why not become a Jew, make some animal sacrifices, and enjoy all the benefits of inheriting the promised land? Someone like you Doug, who already knows how it’s going to turn out could really take advantage of this situation. Would you recommend Gentiles become Jews before the rapture?

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to the Mt. Sinai covenant Gentiles can become Jews. Why not become a Jew, make some animal sacrifices, and enjoy all the benefits of inheriting the promised land? Someone like you Doug, who already knows how it’s going to turn out could really take advantage of this situation. Would you recommend Gentiles become Jews before the rapture?
I don't recommend Gentiles become Jews at any time, for any reason.

Matthew 16:26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are stuck repetitively denying that "the prince who shall come" is "Messiah the Prince".

You are stuck saying Ezekiel 39 over and over.
No, I have talked about Daniel 9:25-27. And Daniel 9:21-24 (which you don't want to talk about what the vision is in those verses). And Ezekiel 39 (which you don't want to talk about that chapter, because it disproves your understanding regarding the 70th week).

Your are stuck, not me.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No, I have talked about Daniel 9:25-27.
Yes, you've talked about replacing Biblical grammar with your private interpretations.

Yes, you've talked about your denial that "the prince who shall come" is "Messiah the Prince".

Yes, you've talked about deflecting the discussion to the "vision" because you continue to deny the Biblical grammar which establishes that "the prince who shall come" is "Messiah the Prince".
And Ezekiel 39
Yes, again and again.

grafted branch

Dec 11, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well Paul was both a Jew and a Christian. Surely a Gentile doesn’t have to reject Jesus to become a Jew as there was no stipulation for this in the Mt. Sinai covenant.

On the one hand you can be a Christian and be a Jew like Paul was but on the other hand, according to your interpretation of prophecy, you can’t be a Christian and a Jew because Jews still don’t believe.

Interesting.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, you've talked about replacing Biblical grammar with your private interpretations.

Yes, you've talked about your denial that "the prince who shall come" is "Messiah the Prince".

Yes, you've talked about deflecting the discussion to the "vision" because you continue to deny the Biblical grammar which establishes that "the prince who shall come" is "Messiah the Prince".

Yes, again and again.
Your form of bible grammar is not correct and that is why you don't want to talk about the vision of Daniel 9:21-24, nor Ezekiel 39.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well Paul was both a Jew and a Christian. Surely a Gentile doesn’t have to reject Jesus to become a Jew as there was no stipulation for this in the Mt. Sinai covenant.

On the one hand you can be a Christian and be a Jew like Paul was but on the other hand, according to your interpretation of prophecy, you can’t be a Christian and a Jew because Jews still don’t believe.

Interesting.
Have you converted to Judaism ? Are you trying to get Gentiles to convert to Judaism ?

Last edited:

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Interesting.
Paul did not start as a Christian to become a Jew. Paul was a Jew first then became a Christian.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 70th week of Daniel 9 is the 7 years following the Gog/Magog event in Ezekiel 39:9-10. The Armageddon event at the end of the 7 years is in Ezekiel 39:17-20. Jesus's Second Coming is in Ezekiel 39:21-29. The final gathering of the house of Israel is in Ezekiel 39:28, corresponding to Matthew 24:31.
Actually no, the 70th week was fulfilled by Jesus.
Proof positive, are the six works of God (KJV Dan. 9:24) given to Jesus for Him to do/finish, as HE DID SAY in the garden of Gethsemane. Then, while He was on the cross, He said again: "It is finished".
What more do you need to hear of Jesus in Gethsemane, about what He was to do and finish??

If it wasn't Jesus performing everything of Dan. 9:24, then you are going to have a terrible time of trying to put someone else there in His place.

No thanks! I will not put "my faith in the wisdom of men", but rather I will trust the Holy Spirit of God in what He Himself has taught me.
KJV 1 Cor. 2:5

As for Gog and Magog, for your first understanding of that, you have to learn HOW the saints of God are a "Camp".

You also might want to learn what it means to be a "tabernacle" of Someone dwelling within our temporary bodies.

Though the Jews have their own fictitious idea of what the "Feast of Tabernacles (temporary shelters)" is, you might want hear how THAT a temporary dwelling place applies to God, and not them, BECAUSE....right now, IT INVOLVE US 100%.

Here is a clue:
2 Cor. 4:7 But we have this treasure [of God Himself] in earthen vessels [our bodies of flesh and blood], that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Now, unfortunately from where you are coming from, what I am saying is sounding rather strange to your thinking. Not because you don't understand it, but rather due to your indoctrination by church-ianity (the wisdom of men). You are led to believe that Gog and Magog are of flesh and blood people, who are will be alive at the END of a supposed 1000 years on earth.

However, in my understanding, Gog and Magog is just a different perspective of the sudden and Glorious return of Jesus from Heaven, in flaming [fiery] fire, taking vengeance upon all the unsaved, aka Armageddon. 2 Thes 1:7-10

Last edited:
Reactions: rwb

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proof positive, are the six works of God (KJV Dan. 9:24) given to Jesus for Him to do/finish
Of the things contained in Daniel 9:24 is to seal up the vision and prophecy. Surely, you believe that Jesus's Second Coming is prophecy?

The vision is that of little horn person's time of the end activities in Daniel 8. In Daniel 8:25, the little horn is broken by the Prince of princes - Jesus. At Jesus's Second Coming.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No thanks! I will not put "my faith in the wisdom of men", but rather I will trust the Holy Spirit of God in what He Himself has taught me.
KJV 1 Cor. 2:5
So you don't think Ezekiel 39 is going to take place ?

grafted branch

Dec 11, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you converted to Judaism ? Are you trying to get Gentiles to convert to Judaism ?
No, I don’t believe there currently is a difference between Jew and Gentile as far as God is concerned.

But … those who do think the Jews are going to receive a different reward than Gentiles are inadvertently teaching that it would be advantageous to convert to Judaism.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your form of bible grammar is not correct and that is why you don't want to talk about the vision of Daniel 9:21-24, nor Ezekiel 39.
It's English language grammar because the translations are English, correct until someone credentialed demonstrates otherwise.

You certainly can't. :laughing:

Last edited:

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I don’t believe there currently is a difference between Jew and Gentile as far as God is concerned.

But … those who do think the Jews are going to receive a different reward than Gentiles are inadvertently teaching that it would be advantageous to convert to Judaism.

That Jews will inherit the land of Israel from their forefathers is a promise that God made. Not as a reward, but as a promise made God.
Rewards are for Christians, for what we have done in our bodies during our time here on earth for the cause of Christ.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's English language grammar because the translations are English, correct until someone credentialed demonstrates otherwise.

You certainly can't. :laughing:
You are beating a dead horse, covenantee. Armageddon... have you ever heard of that ? It is in Revelation 16:14-17. It takes place as the end of the 7 year 70th week. It is in Ezekiel 39.

Ezekiel 39. Gog/Magog event. Then the 7 years in verses 9-10. Corresponding to the 70th week of Daniel 9:27.

The prince who shall come following Gog/Magog will be perceived to be the messiah by Jews and anointed the King of Israel, by the false prophet of Revelation, perceived to be Elijah initially by Jews.

Anointed as the King of Israel messiah, the person becomes the Antichrist. He begins the 7 years by confirming the Mt. Sinai covenant for 7 years in Daniel 9:27, by the method required by Moses in Deuteronomy 31:9-13, by overseeing the reading of the law from the temple mount (the place of God's choosing) to the nation of Israel, the 7 year cycle in those verses.

The Antichrist betrays his own people the Jews about 3 years into the 7 years, by his transgression of desolation act, Daniel 8:13, and Jews reject him as continuing at their King of Israel. End of his time as the Antichrist.

Killed for his act in Ezekiel 28:1-10, and brought back to life in Isaiah 14:18-20, to become the beast-king of Revelation, the dictator of the EU - his original origin.

The Jews, currently blinded, Romans 11:25, will see the light and turn to Jesus - who will return to this earth in Zechariah 14, at the end of the 7 years to rescue them.

In Ezekiel 39:17-20, at the end of the 7 years is the Armageddon event.

In Ezekiel 39:21-29, is Jesus Himself speaking in the text having returned to this earth, His Second Coming.

Ezekiel 39:21 - read Psalms 2:8. Ezekiel 39:22 - what Jew presently think about Jesus will change, from that day and forward.

Ezekiel 39:28 - is what Jews call the final redemption, i.e. all of the house of Israel completely returned to the land of Israel. Corresponds to Matthew 24:31, the gathering of the elect the Jews still scattered in the nations.

grafted branch

Dec 11, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That Jews will inherit the land of Israel from their forefathers is a promise that God made. Not as a reward, but as a promise made God.
Rewards are for Christians, for what we have done in our bodies during our time here on earth for the cause of Christ.
Alright, I didn’t use the proper terminology but you know what I meant.

Are you suggesting that people who have become Jews rather than being born a Jew will not inherit the land? Do you have scripture to support this?

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alright, I didn’t use the proper terminology but you know what I meant.

Are you suggesting that people who have become Jews rather than being born a Jew will not inherit the land? Do you have scripture to support this?
No, persons who become Jews by the rabbinic process they will not, because they have to deny Jesus and the gospel of salvation as part of their conversion.