The Abomination of Desolation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald D Milam

Jan 12, 2022
Clanton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry my friend but you are wrong, I don't think I ever read anything from Herbert W. Armstrong. If you took the time and read through you will see history and Bible. peace in Jesus name
You can't read well or either you ae playing possum. I stated you are following that cult practice, even if you do not understand that is what you are doing. That is where all this silly eschatology came from. You are wasting your time, its eschatology any teen could see through. I have been called to preach, and unto prophecy for 40 years, I have read this regurgitated stuff long ago. Until you can understand the end time A.C. is a man who comes to power via the E.U. and the F.P. is a man (High Priest of Israel) and these two work together at the very end, AND that we have a shadow to this in Antiochus and Jason (real name Yeshua) in history, and in Dan. 11:21-34, you are just not going to get it.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't read well or either you ae playing possum. I stated you are following tat cult practice, even if you do not understand that is what you are doing. That is where all this silly eschatology came from. You are wasting your time, its eschatology any teen could see through. I have been called to preach, and unto prophecy for 40 years, I have read this regurgitated stuff long ago. Until you can understand the end time A.C. is a man who comes to power via the E.U. and the F.P. is a man (High Priest of Israel) and these two work together at the very end, AND that we have a shadow to this in Antiochus and Jason (real name Yeshua) in history, and in Dan. 11:21-34, you are just not going to get it.
Daniel 9:24-27, Seventy Literal Weeks Explained "Future"?

Daniel's 70 weeks are literal 7 day periods, or 490 literal days.

If Daniel meant 490 years he would have written

(Four Hundred Ninety Years)

Daniel had no restrictions in "Writing" exact numerology as seen below.

Daniel 6:1KJV
It pleased Darius to set over the kingdom an hundred and twenty princes, which should be over the whole kingdom;

Daniel 8:14KJV
And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

Daniel 12:11KJV
And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

Below in Daniel 10:2-3 we see just another example of Daniel's literal weeks, as Daniel mourned and fasted for 3 literal weeks or 21 days.

Daniel 10:2-3KJV
2 In those days I Daniel was mourning three full weeks.
3 I ate no pleasant bread, neither came flesh nor wine in my mouth, neither did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.

Below in Daniel 9:24-27 we see 70 literal "Future" weeks or 490 days.

When the "Future" call/commandment goes out in Jerusalem to build unto the Jewish Meshiach/Messiah that they wait for (They Denied Jesus Christ) this will start the 7 week period in preparing to build.

62 literal weeks will be in building, and Meshiach/Messiah will be cut off by the armies surrounding Jerusalem, this stops the building.

The 70th literal week will see (The Antichrist) revealed in making a covenant, and in the middle of this literal week he proclaims to be Meshiach/Messiah God to the Jews, and Jesus returned to the apostate church, to start a Millennium on earth.

The 3.5 year tribulation starts at this time.

Daniel 9:24-27KJV
24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't read well or either you ae playing possum. I stated you are following tat cult practice, even if you do not understand that is what you are doing. That is where all this silly eschatology came from. You are wasting your time, its eschatology any teen could see through. I have been called to preach, and unto prophecy for 40 years, I have read this regurgitated stuff long ago. Until you can understand the end time A.C. is a man who comes to power via the E.U. and the F.P. is a man (High Priest of Israel) and these two work together at the very end, AND that we have a shadow to this in Antiochus and Jason (real name Yeshua) in history, and in Dan. 11:21-34, you are just not going to get it.
The Future Human Man, The Antichrist Seen Below In (Daniel) 11:37 Will Be A Hebrew/Jew In Decent, His Fathers Worshipped The True Hebrew (God Of His Fathers)

(Daniel) 11:37KJV
37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

Examples: God Of His Fathers

(2 Kings) 21:22KJV
22 And he forsook the Lord God of his fathers, and walked not in the way of the Lord.

(2 Chronicles) 21:10KJV
10 So the Edomites revolted from under the hand of Judah unto this day. The same time also did Libnah revolt from under his hand; because he had forsaken the Lord God of his fathers.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The AoD isn't in Dan 7, but can be found in Dan 9, where it depicts the people of a ruler who will destroy Jerusalem and the temple. That took place in 70 AD. There is another AoD associated with Antiochus 4, mentioned in Dan 11. So the AoD is not a single entity, and is a term that can flexibility be applied depending on the context.

The Olivet Discourse referenced the AoD of Dan 9, and Jesus identified the people of the ruler as an "army" surrounding Jerusalem in his own generation. This is *not* the Antichrist.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't read well or either you ae playing possum. I stated you are following that cult practice, even if you do not understand that is what you are doing. That is where all this silly eschatology came from. You are wasting your time, its eschatology any teen could see through. I have been called to preach, and unto prophecy for 40 years, I have read this regurgitated stuff long ago. Until you can understand the end time A.C. is a man who comes to power via the E.U. and the F.P. is a man (High Priest of Israel) and these two work together at the very end, AND that we have a shadow to this in Antiochus and Jason (real name Yeshua) in history, and in Dan. 11:21-34, you are just not going to get it.
But you are pushing a similar idea that bro.tan is with that idea that the Antichrist will come from the European Union. Those who believe that usually adhere also to the ten European nations ideas that bro.tan has been pushing.

Brethren in Christ - Beware of the 'good cop/bad cop' routine that bro.tan and Milam above are kind of playing off each other with pushing a European Union Antichrist and Jerusalem false prophet idea, which is still suggesting the pope as the Antichrist for the end.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Early Church father Hippolytus (170 - c. 235 A.D.), said the following below. Hippolytus was said to have been a disciple of Irenaeus, who was a disciple of Polycarp, whom Irenaeus and Tertullian said that Polycarp was a disciple of Apostle John.

"Christ and Antichrist in parallel

6.1. Now insofar as our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, the Son of God, was proclaimed beforehand as a lion (Gen 49:9) because he is regal and glorious, in the same way also the Scriptures have prophesied Antichrist similarly as a lion because he is tyrannical and brutal. (a) In every way the Deceiver wants to become like the Son of God. Christ is a lion, so Antichrist is a lion. (b) Christ is a King, so Antichrist is an earthly King. (c) The Savior was shown to be a lamb, so also similarly he will appear like a lamb while being a wolf inside. (d) The Savior came into the world circumcised, so he will come similarly.
2. The Lord sent the apostles into all the nations, so he will similarly send false apostles. (e) The Savior assembled the sheep which had been scattered, so he similarly will gather up the scattered people. The Lord granted a seal to those who believe in him, so he will grant similarly. (f) The Lord was manifest in the form of a human, so he will come in the form of a human. (g) The Savior rose and demonstrated his own flesh as a temple, so he will raise up in Jerusalem a temple in stone. And we shall clarify these deceitful tricks of his later on; let us turn to the proposition at hand."

(Hippolytus, On Christ and Antichrist) (red and green and letter emphasis is mine)

Breaking down each prophecy that Hippolytus covered above:

(a) - "In every way the Deceiver wants to become like the Son of God".

Hippolytus was pulling that from Christ's Olivet discourse of Matthew 24:23-26 where Jesus warned of the false one coming at the end of this world that others will claim is Christ, and that will be in the "secret chambers" (i.e. temple in Jerusalem). Jesus commanded to NOT believe on that false one. Apostle Paul covered this same working in 2 Thessalonians 2:4 about the "man of sin" coming to exalt himself as God, and over all that is called God, or that is worshiped. Paul said that must happen prior to Christ's future return and gathering of His Church.

(b) - "Christ is a King, so Antichrist is an earthly King."

Since Jesus Christ is The KING, also the Antichrist at the end must be a king since the Antichrist will mimic Christ as written. The Daniel 11 prophecy about the "vile person", which is about the final Antichrist for the end, suggests he will obtain the 'kingdom' using flatteries, which would mean he will become a king in Jerusalem.

(c) - "The Savior was shown to be a lamb, so also similarly he will appear like a lamb while being a wolf inside."

Hippolytus is pulling from Revelation 13:11 about the 2nd beast, the "another beast". Apostle John showed there that 2nd beast, an entity, the Antichrist, will appear LIKE a lamb, but speak as a dragon (another title for Satan). Sorry, but these prophecies just cannot apply to a pope who claims to be a Christian.

(d) - "The Savior came into the world circumcised, so he will come similarly."

Hippolytus says the Antichrist also will, like Jesus, come from among the "circumcised", meaning the Jews. That again rules out a pope that claims to be a Christian.

(e) "The Savior assembled the sheep which had been scattered, so he similarly will gather up the scattered people."

Hippolytus is pulling from what Jesus warned at the end of Luke 17 about the 1st one 'taken'. When His disciples asked Him, "Where, Lord?", about where those 1st ones are taken, He told them that wheresoever the carcase is, that's where the eagles will be gathered. The idea is those gathered to those eagles represent the 'deceived', and they will be symbolically like a 'dead carcase', with those fowls representing Satan's host, feasting on them, spiritually via false worship.

One of the main denominations today that wrongly teaches that the Christian 'wants'... to be the 1st one taken, is man's false Pre-tribulational Rapture theory. They disregard what Jesus taught in that Luke 17:37 verse, which is a warning. The Matthew 24:28 verse is a parallel verse to that Luke 17:37 verse. So Hippolytus apparently knew about the grand illusion leading to deception at the end of this world by the coming false-Messiah-Antichrist.

(f) "The Lord was manifest in the form of a human, so he will come in the form of a human."

That is a common belief by many, but it's not actually written that the coming Antichrist will be born in the flesh, as that idea is suggested by those who think the image of man must always involve flesh. The reality is that the image of man originated from GOD's Own Image Likeness per Genesis 1:26-27. All the angels have that image of man also, and they don't have flesh bodies.

The reason why it's important to understand this is, because Revelation points to Satan, the "dragon", as the future Antichrist that will come to play Messiah in Jerusalem, and work miracles, great signs and wonders, and that he will even ascend out of the bottomless pit to kill God's "two witnesses" in Jerusalem.

(g) "The Savior rose and demonstrated his own flesh as a temple, so he will raise up in Jerusalem a temple in stone."

Note how Hippolytus well understood the 'contrast' between Christ's death and resurrection representing the Spiritual Temple, while the Antichrist will raise up in a physical stone temple in Jerusalem. Hippolytus is pulling directly from 2 Thessalonians 2 about that stone "temple of God" in Jerusalem for the end which the "man of sin" (Antichrist) is come to sit in playing GOD. That stone temple in Jerusalem built by the orthodox Jews at the end of this world is a requirement to fulfill the "abomination of desolation" idol prophecy which Jesus quoted from Daniel about the end of this world.

So brethren, IF... you stick to what your Bible actually teaches, you will find the early Church father Hippolytus being closely aligned within Bible Scripture about the coming Antichrist at the end of this world. And it literally DESTROYS... all doctrines of men about a Catholic pope being the coming Antichrist, and also any orthodox Jewish priest being the "false prophet", which is actually just another 'role' that Antichrist will play.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your response....peace in the mighty of name Jesus

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But you are pushing a similar idea that bro.tan is with that idea that the Antichrist will come from the European Union. Those who believe that usually adhere also to the ten European nations ideas that bro.tan has been pushing.

Brethren in Christ - Beware of the 'good cop/bad cop' routine that bro.tan and Milam above are kind of playing off each other with pushing a European Union Antichrist and Jerusalem false prophet idea, which is still suggesting the pope as the Antichrist for the end.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Early Church father Hippolytus (170 - c. 235 A.D.), said the following below. Hippolytus was said to have been a disciple of Irenaeus, who was a disciple of Polycarp, whom Irenaeus and Tertullian said that Polycarp was a disciple of Apostle John.

"Christ and Antichrist in parallel

6.1. Now insofar as our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, the Son of God, was proclaimed beforehand as a lion (Gen 49:9) because he is regal and glorious, in the same way also the Scriptures have prophesied Antichrist similarly as a lion because he is tyrannical and brutal. (a) In every way the Deceiver wants to become like the Son of God. Christ is a lion, so Antichrist is a lion. (b) Christ is a King, so Antichrist is an earthly King. (c) The Savior was shown to be a lamb, so also similarly he will appear like a lamb while being a wolf inside. (d) The Savior came into the world circumcised, so he will come similarly.
2. The Lord sent the apostles into all the nations, so he will similarly send false apostles. (e) The Savior assembled the sheep which had been scattered, so he similarly will gather up the scattered people. The Lord granted a seal to those who believe in him, so he will grant similarly. (f) The Lord was manifest in the form of a human, so he will come in the form of a human. (g) The Savior rose and demonstrated his own flesh as a temple, so he will raise up in Jerusalem a temple in stone. And we shall clarify these deceitful tricks of his later on; let us turn to the proposition at hand."

(Hippolytus, On Christ and Antichrist) (red and green and letter emphasis is mine)

Breaking down each prophecy that Hippolytus covered above:

(a) - "In every way the Deceiver wants to become like the Son of God".

Hippolytus was pulling that from Christ's Olivet discourse of Matthew 24:23-26 where Jesus warned of the false one coming at the end of this world that others will claim is Christ, and that will be in the "secret chambers" (i.e. temple in Jerusalem). Jesus commanded to NOT believe on that false one. Apostle Paul covered this same working in 2 Thessalonians 2:4 about the "man of sin" coming to exalt himself as God, and over all that is called God, or that is worshiped. Paul said that must happen prior to Christ's future return and gathering of His Church.

(b) - "Christ is a King, so Antichrist is an earthly King."

Since Jesus Christ is The KING, also the Antichrist at the end must be a king since the Antichrist will mimic Christ as written. The Daniel 11 prophecy about the "vile person", which is about the final Antichrist for the end, suggests he will obtain the 'kingdom' using flatteries, which would mean he will become a king in Jerusalem.

(c) - "The Savior was shown to be a lamb, so also similarly he will appear like a lamb while being a wolf inside."

Hippolytus is pulling from Revelation 13:11 about the 2nd beast, the "another beast". Apostle John showed there that 2nd beast, an entity, the Antichrist, will appear LIKE a lamb, but speak as a dragon (another title for Satan). Sorry, but these prophecies just cannot apply to a pope who claims to be a Christian.

(d) - "The Savior came into the world circumcised, so he will come similarly."

Hippolytus says the Antichrist also will, like Jesus, come from among the "circumcised", meaning the Jews. That again rules out a pope that claims to be a Christian.

(e) "The Savior assembled the sheep which had been scattered, so he similarly will gather up the scattered people."

Hippolytus is pulling from what Jesus warned at the end of Luke 17 about the 1st one 'taken'. When His disciples asked Him, "Where, Lord?", about where those 1st ones are taken, He told them that wheresoever the carcase is, that's where the eagles will be gathered. The idea is those gathered to those eagles represent the 'deceived', and they will be symbolically like a 'dead carcase', with those fowls representing Satan's host, feasting on them, spiritually via false worship.

One of the main denominations today that wrongly teaches that the Christian 'wants'... to be the 1st one taken, is man's false Pre-tribulational Rapture theory. They disregard what Jesus taught in that Luke 17:37 verse, which is a warning. The Matthew 24:28 verse is a parallel verse to that Luke 17:37 verse. So Hippolytus apparently knew about the grand illusion leading to deception at the end of this world by the coming false-Messiah-Antichrist.

(f) "The Lord was manifest in the form of a human, so he will come in the form of a human."

That is a common belief by many, but it's not actually written that the coming Antichrist will be born in the flesh, as that idea is suggested by those who think the image of man must always involve flesh. The reality is that the image of man originated from GOD's Own Image Likeness per Genesis 1:26-27. All the angels have that image of man also, and they don't have flesh bodies.

The reason why it's important to understand this is, because Revelation points to Satan, the "dragon", as the future Antichrist that will come to play Messiah in Jerusalem, and work miracles, great signs and wonders, and that he will even ascend out of the bottomless pit to kill God's "two witnesses" in Jerusalem.

(g) "The Savior rose and demonstrated his own flesh as a temple, so he will raise up in Jerusalem a temple in stone."

Note how Hippolytus well understood the 'contrast' between Christ's death and resurrection representing the Spiritual Temple, while the Antichrist will raise up in a physical stone temple in Jerusalem. Hippolytus is pulling directly from 2 Thessalonians 2 about that stone "temple of God" in Jerusalem for the end which the "man of sin" (Antichrist) is come to sit in playing GOD. That stone temple in Jerusalem built by the orthodox Jews at the end of this world is a requirement to fulfill the "abomination of desolation" idol prophecy which Jesus quoted from Daniel about the end of this world.

So brethren, IF... you stick to what your Bible actually teaches, you will find the early Church father Hippolytus being closely aligned within Bible Scripture about the coming Antichrist at the end of this world. And it literally DESTROYS... all doctrines of men about a Catholic pope being the coming Antichrist, and also any orthodox Jewish priest being the "false prophet", which is actually just another 'role' that Antichrist will play.
Why only Hippolytus?
Why not Justin Martyr, or Tertullian, or Cyril, or Jerome, or Chrysostom?
All of whom declared that Antichrist would begin to appear following the destruction of the Roman Empire.
Which it did.
In the little horn of the apostate papacy.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why only Hippolytus?
Why not Justin Martyr, or Tertullian, or Cyril, or Jerome, or Chrysostom?
All of whom declared that Antichrist would begin to appear following the destruction of the Roman Empire.
Which it did.
In the little horn of the apostate papacy.
Why not just God's simple Word? When all the Scriptures are weighed the evidence is simple. The Scriptures ensure that we cannot just pick an area outside Jerusalem and the Jews, because the Messianic prophecy does not involve anyone outside the tribe of Judah. And that is who the Antichrist is coming to imitate. But most of you guys are thinking with your flesh, wanting to see some Hitler type individual as the coming Antichrist.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why not just God's simple Word? When all the Scriptures are weighed the evidence is simple. The Scriptures ensure that we cannot just pick an area outside Jerusalem and the Jews, because the Messianic prophecy does not involve anyone outside the tribe of Judah. And that is who the Antichrist is coming to imitate. But most of you guys are thinking with your flesh, wanting to see some Hitler type individual as the coming Antichrist.
God raised up the Reformers to recognize and confront the predominant antichrist of their era, the apostate papacy, in spiritual battle. By His grace and mercy, and their faith, vision, and sacrifice, they prevailed.

Dispensational futurists today have been deluded and deceived by the antichrist fabricated by the counter-reformation of the apostate papacy, which was intended to defeat the Reformation.

It failed, but the delusion and deception continue.

Dispensational futurism is the spawn of apostasy.

Last edited:

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Member did good job on this post.

Second thessalonians chapter 2 to document. The son of perdition is satan. He comes 6th trump to Jerusalem.

Revelation chapter 9 to document, time was shortened to 5 month period.

Ephesians chapter 6 . The gospel armour is knowledge and wisdom of God's word. Those who lack knowledge, will worship antichrist near future.

Sadly, many pastors and priests have failed their flocks. Not teaching chapter by chapter. Two verse charlies leave the congregation starving for spirtual food.

Daniel chapter 7 tells us about the little horn. This is satan in his role as antichrist near future. The forth kingdom is one world religious system, read revelation chapter 17.

The majority of Christian people are not ready for antichrist.

Most of blame goes to the shepherds. Not nourishing and preparing the congregation for satan as antichrist near future.

Revelation chapter 13
It's one world system. God is testing people. He wants to know who did their homework ??.

If you need help studying the bible. I recommend shepherds chapel, on YouTube. They tell you the truth.

It's your decision.