The Abomination of Desolation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets get right into this lesson brother and sister and start this in Matthew 24: 4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. 6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows. 9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name’s sake. 10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. 11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. 12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. 13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. That is until the end of your life, or until the Second Coming of the Lord.

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. 15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand )

We are at the end of day’s brothers and sisters and it would behoove us to take heed to Jesus warning and let know man deceive us.

Now lets go to Daniel the 7th chapter and run down the abomination of desolation. In Daniel 7: 1 In the first year of Belshazzar king of Babylon Daniel had a dream and visions of his head upon his bed: then he wrote the dream, and told the sum of the matters. 2 Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea. 3 And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another. 4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle’s wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man’s heart was given to it.

Now brothers and sisters lets start dealing with this first beast. The 4 The first beast was like a lion, and had eagle’s wings; Daniel 7:4, This was the Babylonian empire. Babylon rose to world domination under King Nebuchadnezzar in 605 to 562 B.C. In Daniel 2:37-38, Nebuchadnezzar was told, 37 Thou, O king, art a king of kings: for the God of heaven hath given thee a kingdom, power, and strength, and glory. 38 And wheresoever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the heaven hath he given into thine hand, and hath made thee ruler over them all. Thou art this head of gold.

After the death of Nebuchadnezzar, Belshazzar his son, took over. However, his rule was not as lone as it could have been. Let's take a look. In Daniel 5: 1-6, 22-24, 25 And this is the writing that was written, MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN. 26 This is the interpretation of the thing: MENE; God hath numbered thy kingdom, and finished it. 27 TEKEL; Thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting. 28 PERES; Thy kingdom is divided, and given to the Medes and Persians. 29 Then commanded Belshazzar, and they clothed Daniel with scarlet, and put a chain of gold about his neck, and made a proclamation concerning him, that he should be the third ruler in the kingdom. 30 In that night was Belshazzar the king of the Chaldeans slain. 31 And Darius the Median took the kingdom, being about threescore and two years old. That was the end of the Babylonian empire and the beginning of the Mede and Persian Empire, which brings us to the second beast

This type of lesson deals with a lot reading and research. So I"ll post the second beast later, also this lesson shows Bible and history going hand in hand. This lesson will also show the future beast coming our way.

Reactions: Cassandra
Sep 27, 2021
Norco
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Although I have not fully studied it, my impression is that the The "Abomination of Desolation" has to do with someone taking over the church and ruining it.

Daniel 9:27 "And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate."

Daniel 11:31 "And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate."

From other parts of the Bible we can identify this "he" as Satan.

Jesus warns in Matthew 24:15-18 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand) Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains: Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house: Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

So when we see Satan the ruling in the churches, which is pretty easy to see in todays liberal Christianity, it's time to come out of them. Judaea I believe represents what was the holy place and the mountains represent God as also pictured elsewhere (I haven't worked on the other "fleeing" part of the parable in comparing with other Biblical references).

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Although I have not fully studied it, my impression is that the The "Abomination of Desolation" has to do with someone taking over the church and ruining it.

Daniel 9:27 "And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate."

Daniel 11:31 "And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate."

Jesus warns in Matthew 24:15-18 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand) Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains: Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house: Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

So when we see Satan the ruling in the churches, which is pretty easy to see in todays liberal Christianity, it's time to come out of them. Judaea I believe represents what was the holy place and the mountains represent God as also pictured elsewhere (I haven't worked on the other "fleeing" part of the parable in comparing with other Biblical references).

Naw, hang in there with me on this lesson, because Daniel 9:27 is talking about the first coming of Jesus, that's a another lesson.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That "abomination of desolation" event of Daniel 9:27 and Daniel 11:31 is about the placing of an IDOL inside a standing Jewish temple in Jerusalem by the final Antichrist at the very end of this world just prior to Christ's return.

Antiochus Epiphanes in 165 B.C. served as BLUEPRINT ensample for placing an idol abomination inside the 2nd temple in Jerusalem. But he took Jerusalem with an army, while the Daniel 11 prophecy about the "vile person" (Antichrist at the end) is to come to power in Jerusalem as king using peace and flatteries with help by a small group of Jews.

Some so-called Christian religious organizations today try to claim Antiochus fulfilled the Daniel 11 "vile person" prophecy, which their idea is false, as they try to use the "little horn" prophecy to point to some Arab one-world leader being the final Antichrist...

... NO... the final Antichrist will come from among the orthodox JEWS in Jerusalem, coming to play the Messiah of God's Old Testament prophecies. The orthodox Jews do not accept Lord Jesus as Messiah (Christ). So they are being prepared to accept the first one coming to Jerusalem working supernatural miracles claiming to be Messiah. The orthodox Jews would NEVER... accept an Arab of the seed of Ishmael as their Messiah. So those in Christ should never... confuse the false Jew's hatred and jealousy of the seed of Ishmael with the identity of the final Antichrist at the end of this world.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As you see the kingdom was given to the Medes/Persian Empire after Belshazzar was killed. Before we move into recorded history we will list all the parts to theBeast and what they represent.

First beast: Represents the Babylonian Empire
Second beast: Represents the Medo-Persian Empire
Third beast: Represents the Greek Empire.
Forth beast: Represents the Roman Empire
Today these beast:
Represent the ten nations combined to make up the European Common market. Also we will bring in the little horn in Daniel 7:8 which is the Abomination of Desolation.

Keep these in mind as we go through the study.

This is a from Funk and Wagnall’s Encyclopedia under BABYLONIAN CAPTIVITY.

BABYLONIAN CAPTIVITY or BABYLONIAN EXILE, term applied to the period between the deportation of the Jews from Palestine to Babylon by the Babylonian King Nebuchadnezzar II and their release in 538 BC by the Persian king Cyrus. Two main deportations are recorded: one in 597 BC, when Israelite nobles, warriors, and artisans were transported; and one in 586 BC when Nebuchadnezzar's army destroyed Jerusalem, and the major part of the remaining Israelite community was taken to Babylon. At the time of the second deportation an important group of Israelites fled to Egypt; thereafter, only the poorest peasants were allowed to remain in Palestine, and the political dissolution of independent Israel was an accomplished fact. The majority of the Jews living in Babylon did not return to Palestine at the end of the exile period, but became a part of the Diaspora, or body of Jews dispersed among nations outside Palestine.

Now brothers and sisters lets deal with the second beast. In Daniel 7: 5 And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh. This beast represents the Medo-Persians Empire. Its first king, Darius the Mede, inherited the Babylonians kingdom at the age of sixty two, but little to strengthen it. (Now another Darius came along later down history, not to get confuse with Darius the Mede). Twelve years later in history Cyrus the Persian, thus the Median Empire became the Medo-Persian Empire. The weakness of Darius was shown because in the Bible it show the Mede had the short horn then the Persians horn. One horn represent Media and the other horn represent Persia, a ram with two horns.

In Daniel 8: 3 Then I lifted up mine eyes, and saw, and, behold, there stood before the river a ram which had two horns: and the two horns were high; but one was higher than the other, and the higher came up last. 4 I saw the ram pushing westward, and northward, and southward; so that no beasts might stand before him, neither was there any that could deliver out of his hand; but he did according to his will, and became great.

Darius the Median wasn’t mentioned is. Why? The Medes were not as powerful as the Persian Empire. That’s why history jumps to Cyrus the Great. Some of the Persian Kings took on the tile of Darius this let you know that the Medes were there first.

Now we will return to the scripture going to the Book of Ezra showing Cyrus reign, and what was his dealing with children of Israel.

Ezra 1:1 Now in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, that the word of the LORD by the mouth of Jeremiah might be fulfilled, the LORD stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, that he made a proclamation throughout all his kingdom, and put it also in writing, saying, 2 Thus saith Cyrus king of Persia, The LORD God of heaven hath given me all the kingdoms of the earth; and he hath charged me to build him an house at Jerusalem, which is in Judah.

3 Who is there among you of all his people? his God be with him, and let him go up to Jerusalem, which is in Judah, and build the house of the LORD God of Israel, (he is the God,) which is in Jerusalem. 4 And whosoever remaineth in any place where he sojourneth, let the men of his place help him with silver, and with gold, and with goods, and with beasts, beside the freewill offering for the house of God that is in Jerusalem. 5 Then rose up the chief of the fathers of Judah and Benjamin, and the priests, and the Levites, with all them whose spirit God had raised, to go up to build the house of the LORD which is in Jerusalem.

Take a look at verse 2, Cyrus king of Persia, The LORD God of heaven hath given me all the kingdoms of the earth; and he hath charged me to build him an house at Jerusalem, which is in Judah. Notice what it says, “The LORD God of heaven hath given me all the kingdoms of the earth”. This let you know Cyrus ran the entire earth. Not only that, the Lord gave him an order to rebuild His temple at Jerusalem, using only the children of Israel. If you read further in Ezra you would find out that the people of the land tried to help. The Lord used only His People (Israel) to build the temple. Take a look at this in Ezra chapter 2.

Ezra 2:1 Now these are the children of the province that went up out of the captivity, of those which had been carried away, whom Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon had carried away unto Babylon, and came again unto Jerusalem and Judah, every one unto his city; 64 The whole congregation together was forty and two thousand three hundred and threescore,

Let’s return to world history and see if it lines up with the scripture. This is from Funk and Wagnall’s encyclopedia. Remember Cyrus has inherited the kingdom from the Babylonians.

CYRUS THE GREAT (c. 600-529 BC), king of Persia (550-529 BC). He was the son of Cambyses I, a descendant of Achaemenes (Hakhamanish) (fl. 681 BC), and a member of the Achaemenid dynasty. When Cyrus became ruler (558 BC) of the Persian district of Anshan, the district was subject to the Medes; in 593 BC he led a rebellion against the Medes that resulted in the capture of King Astyages (r. about 584-c. 550 BC) and the overthrow (550 BC) of the Median Empire. Thereafter Cyrus called himself king of Persia and ruled a territory extending from the Halys River in Asia Minor, eastern border of Lydia, to the Babylonian Empire on the south and east. Babylon, Egypt, Lydia, and the city-state of Sparta in Greece combined to curb the power of Cyrus, but in 546 BC the Persians added Lydia to their realm, and in 539 BC the kingdom of Babylon fell to Cyrus. The Persian Empire was the most powerful state in the world until its conquest two centuries later by Alexander the Great. Cyrus was an able and merciful ruler. Significant among his deeds was his granting of permission to the Jews to return from their exile in Babylon to their native Israel to rebuild the Temple of Solomon. Cyrus died while leading an expedition against the eastern tribe, the Massagetae, and was succeeded by his son, who became Cambyses II.

Hang in there with me brothers and Sisters the third beast is next, but we need understand this whole dynasty set up by God, this is why Jesus refer us to Daniel.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That "abomination of desolation" event of Daniel 9:27 and Daniel 11:31 is about the placing of an IDOL inside a standing Jewish temple in Jerusalem by the final Antichrist at the very end of this world just prior to Christ's return.

Antiochus Epiphanes in 165 B.C. served as BLUEPRINT ensample for placing an idol abomination inside the 2nd temple in Jerusalem. But he took Jerusalem with an army, while the Daniel 11 prophecy about the "vile person" (Antichrist at the end) is to come to power in Jerusalem as king using peace and flatteries with help by a small group of Jews.

Some so-called Christian religious organizations today try to claim Antiochus fulfilled the Daniel 11 "vile person" prophecy, which their idea is false, as they try to use the "little horn" prophecy to point to some Arab one-world leader being the final Antichrist...

... NO... the final Antichrist will come from among the orthodox JEWS in Jerusalem, coming to play the Messiah of God's Old Testament prophecies. The orthodox Jews do not accept Lord Jesus as Messiah (Christ). So they are being prepared to accept the first one coming to Jerusalem working supernatural miracles claiming to be Messiah. The orthodox Jews would NEVER... accept an Arab of the seed of Ishmael as their Messiah. So those in Christ should never... confuse the false Jew's hatred and jealousy of the seed of Ishmael with the identity of the final Antichrist at the end of this world.
This is why my lesson is starting at a beginning point so people can learn the back ground of this Antichrist. The antichrist has an army and those who take the time and read this lesson will have a better understanding on whats going on then and now.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As you can see it lines up very well.

In Daniel 7 you will see the next nation that took the kingdom from Persian. This is the Greek Empire, headed up by Alexander the Great. The four heads on this beast represent Alexander’s four generals. The wings represent the swiftness of Alexander the great taking down the Persian Empire. Daniel 7:6 After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard, which had upon the back of it four wings of a fowl; the beast had also four heads; and dominion was given to it.

Let’s see in recorded history who took the kingdom from the Persian. This is from the Funk and Wagnall’s encyclopedia.

DARIUS III, called Codomannus (380?-330 BC), king of Persia (336-330 BC), great grandson of Darius II. He was placed on the throne by the eunuch Bagoas (d. 336? BC), following the latter's assassinations of Artaxerxes III (r. 358?-338 BC), who had reigned for about 20 years, and Arses (died c. 336 BC), who had reigned for two years; Darius, in turn, killed Bagoas. In the course of his 6-year reign Darius III led the Persian army against the forces of Alexander the Great of Macedonia but was defeated at the battles of Issus in 333 BC and Gaugamela in 331 BC. He was killed by one of his own satraps while fleeing from Gaugamela.

Let’s return to the Bible, and see this battle between Darius III with the Persian army against the forces of Alexander the Great. Daniel is having this dream long before this battle took place.

Let’s take a look and see if world history lines up with Bible. Daniel 8:1 In the third year of the reign of king Belshazzar a vision appeared unto me, even unto me Daniel, after that which appeared unto me at the first. 2 And I saw in a vision; and it came to pass, when I saw, that I was at Shushan in the palace, which is in the province of Elam; and I saw in a vision, and I was by the river of Ulai. 3 Then I lifted up mine eyes, and saw, and, behold, there stood before the river a ram which had two horns: and the two horns were high; but one was higher than the other, and the higher came up last.

These horns represent the Medo Persian Empire. The reason one horn is high than the other is; the Persian Empire was stronger than the Medes. 4 I saw the ram pushing westward, and northward, and southward; so that no beasts might stand before him, neither was there any that could deliver out of his hand; but he did according to his will, and became great. Now here comes the Greek Empire, which is represented by the goat. 5 And as I was considering, behold, an he goat came from the west on the face of the whole earth, and touched not the ground: and the goat had a notable horn between his eyes.

This notable horn is Alexander. 6 And he came to the ram that had two horns, which I had seen standing before the river, and ran unto him in the fury of his power. 7 And I saw him come close unto the ram, and he was moved with choler against him, and smote the ram, and brake his two horns: and there was no power in the ram to stand before him, but he cast him down to the ground, and stamped upon him: and there was none that could deliver the ram out of his hand. 8 Therefore the he goat waxed very great: and when he was strong, the great horn was broken; and for it came up four notable ones toward the four winds of heaven.

The horn that was broken was Alexander the Great. Alexander dies at an early age and his four generals fought over the kingdom dividing it into four nations, these are the 4 notable horns.

Now see how the Bible interprets itself. 15 And it came to pass, when I, even I Daniel, had seen the vision, and sought for the meaning, then, behold, there stood before me as the appearance of a man. 16 And I heard a man's voice between the banks of Ulai, which called, and said, Gabriel, make this man to understand the vision. 17 So he came near where I stood: and when he came, I was afraid, and fell upon my face: but he said unto me, Understand, O son of man: for at the time of the end shall be the vision. 18 Now as he was speaking with me, I was in a deep sleep on my face toward the ground: but he touched me, and set me upright. 19 And he said, Behold, I will make thee know what shall be in the last end of the indignation: for at the time appointed the end shall be. 20 The ram which thou sawest having two horns are the kings of Media and Persia. 21 And the rough goat is the king of Grecia: and the great horn that is between his eyes is the first king. 22 Now that being broken, whereas four stood up for it, four kingdoms shall stand up out of the nation, but not in his power.

You see there are no mysteries in the Bible, all you have to do is continue to read and all your questions will be answered.

Now, let’s read about Alexander and his 4 generals and what they did to possess the kingdom. (1999 Grolier Interactive Inc.)

Alexander III, king of Macedonia, called "the Great," conquered the Persian Empire (see Persia, ancient) and annexed it to Macedonia. The son of Philip II and Olympias, he was born in 356 B.C. © and brought up as crown prince. Taught for a time by Aristotle, he acquired a love for Homer and an infatuation with the heroic age. When Philip divorced Olympias to marry a younger princess, Alexander fled. Although allowed to return, he remained isolated and insecure until Philip's mysterious assassination about June 336. In the autumn of 324, at Ecbatana, Alexander lost his boyhood friend Hephaestion, by then his grand vizier probably the only person he had ever genuinely loved. The loss was irreparable.

After deep mourning, he embarked on a winter campaign in the mountains, then returned to Babylon, where he prepared an expedition for the conquest of Arabia. He died in June 323 B.C. without designating a successor. His death opened the anarchic age of the Diadochi. Alexander at once became a legend to the peoples that had seen him pass like a hurricane.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alexander the great had no successor, his four generals took over. Below you see more than four, prophesy can not be broken. You will see that these Generals fought for the kingdom, and 4 were victorious.

The Greek word Diadochi, meaning "successors," was introduced by the 19th-century German historian Johann Gustav Droysen to designate the first generation of successors of Alexander the Great (d. 323 ©). Chief among them were Antigonus I, Antipater, Demetrius I Poliorcetes, Lysimachus, Perdiccas, Ptolemy I, and Seleucus I. This generation is taken to end with Seleucus' death in 281 ©.

The Macedonian Antigonus I, b. c.382 ©, was one of the successors (Diadochi) of Alexander the Great. He was governor of Phrygia under Alexander. After Alexander's death (323), he joined the alliance against Perdiccas, killed Eumenes after a long war, and by 316 controlled the eastern provinces of the empire. Trying to conquer the western portion, he was opposed by the other Diadochi, although they were generally disunited. After a naval victory over Ptolemy I by his son Demetrius I Poliorcetes, he and Demetrius proclaimed themselves kings (307).

Their opponents also assumed royal titles, thus ending the nominal unity of the empire. Successful in the field, Antigonus was unsuccessful in his diplomatic efforts to keep his enemies isolated. Their alliance defeated and killed him at Ipsus in Anatolia in 301.

Lysimachus, c.360-281 ©, a senior Macedonian officer under Alexander the Great, was assigned rule over Thrace after Alexander's death in 323. He pacified the natives, then joined the alliance against Antigonus I, and in 306-305 assumed the royal title. Expanding his power to the north, he took part in the final victory (301) over Antigonus and gained most of Anatolia. In alliance with Pyrrhus of Epirus, he drove Demetrius I Poliorcetes from Macedonia, then expelled Pyrrhus and won sole control of Macedonia and northern Greece. Lysimachus was weakened by court intrigues; he was attacked by Seleucus I Nicator and died in battle. Ptolemy I, c.367-283 ©, created the political and military foundations of the Ptolemaic dynasty of Egypt (323-30 ©).

When Alexander the Great died in 323 B.C. ©, Ptolemy, one of Alexander's leading Macedonian generals, became satrap (governor) of Egypt. In 304 he declared himself king.

Seleucus I Nicator ("the Conqueror"), b. c.358 ©, was the greatest of the Diadochi, or successors, of Alexander the Great. He fought under Alexander and after the king's death (323) received the province of Babylonia. He fled to Egypt after Antigonus I Monophthalmus conquered Eumenes in 316, but in 312, he regained Babylonia with a handful of men and gradually won from Antigonus all of the Macedonian empire's provinces east of the Euphrates. He took the royal title in 305.

Perdiccas, d. 321 B.C. ©, one of Alexander the Great's generals, was among the Diadochi seeking control of the Macedonian empire after Alexander's death. His rivals, including Ptolemy I, Antipater, and Antigonus I, allied against him. Perdiccas was killed in Egypt by mutineers while marching against Ptolemy. In 322 B.C. , Antipater defeated a Greek rebellion and had some anti-Macedonians (notably Demosthenes) executed. Taking part in the attack on Perdiccas, he was appointed regent after Perdiccas's death (321 B.C.). He took the joint kings Philip III and Alexander IV back from Asia to Macedonia, where he died. He was the last regent to be recognized by all the Diadochi, or successors of Alexander the Great. Demetrius conquered Greece as a "liberator" in 304-02, but he was partly to blame for Antigonus's defeat and death (301) at Ipsus. Retaining control of the sea, he seized (294) the throne of Macedonia after some years of confused fighting, but he soon made himself unpopular and lost the kingdom to Lysimachus and Pyrrhus. Invading Anatolia in 287, he had to surrender to Seleucus I, and he drank himself to death in captivity.

Cassander, c.358-297 B.C. ©, king of Macedonia, was son of the regent Antipater and one of the diadochi, or successors, of Alexander the Great. Allied with Antigonus I, he secured control of Macedonia and most of Greece by 316. He murdered Alexander's mother (Olympias), widow (Roxana), and son (Alexander IV) before assuming the royal title in 305. He joined the coalition that defeated Antigonus at Ipsus in 301. Cassander founded Thessaloniki and rebuilt Thebes.

Antigonus was the strongest of them all. But he was defeated by an alliance of the other generals. Perdiccas was also killed. Demetrius lost the kingdom to Lysimachus and he drank himself to death. Thus you have Cassander, Seleucus I, Ptolemy I and Lysimachus. These are the four heads on the Leopard; the Horn that was broken was Alexander the Great. Daniel 8:22

Now that being broken, whereas four stood up for it, four kingdoms shall stand up out of the nation, but not in his power. Prophecy can not be broken.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is why my lesson is starting at a beginning point so people can learn the back ground of this Antichrist. The antichrist has an army and those who take the time and read this lesson will have a better understanding on whats going on then and now.
I just made all the non-necessities short, now didn't I?

And like I said about the "vile person" prophecy in Daniel 11, he will NOT come to power through war, nor Jihad, nor by using an army, etc...

Dan 11:21
21 And in his estate shall stand up a vile person, to whom they shall not give the honour of the kingdom:
but he shall come in peaceably, and obtain the kingdom by flatteries.
KJV

Dan 11:23
23 And after
the league made with him he shall work deceitfully: for he shall come up, and shall become strong with a small people.
KJV

That "league" is about the "covenant" made in Daniel 9:27. It is about re-institution of the old covenant by the orthodox Jews in Jerusalem for the 'end', including old covenant animal sacrifices. That re-instituting of old covenant worship by the Jews is a requirement... to fulfill the future "abomination of desolation" prophecy at the end in a new Jewish temple in Jerusalem.

That Dan.11:23 verse reveals that "vile person" will collaborate with "a small people" there in Jerusalem, which is put for a small group of traitor Jews that will make that Antichrist king over them, all in our near future.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just made all the non-necessities short, now didn't I?

And like I said about the "vile person" prophecy in Daniel 11, he will NOT come to power through war, nor Jihad, nor by using an army, etc...

Dan 11:21
21 And in his estate shall stand up a vile person, to whom they shall not give the honour of the kingdom:
but he shall come in peaceably, and obtain the kingdom by flatteries.
KJV

Dan 11:23
23 And after
the league made with him he shall work deceitfully: for he shall come up, and shall become strong with a small people.
KJV

That "league" is about the "covenant" made in Daniel 9:27. It is about re-institution of the old covenant by the orthodox Jews in Jerusalem for the 'end', including old covenant animal sacrifices. That re-instituting of old covenant worship by the Jews is a requirement... to fulfill the future "abomination of desolation" prophecy at the end in a new Jewish temple in Jerusalem.

That Dan.11:23 verse reveals that "vile person" will collaborate with "a small people" there in Jerusalem, which is put for a small group of traitor Jews that will make that Antichrist king over them, all in our near future.
Well, hopefully you have the patience to continue to read the lesson. peace in Jesus name

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The next kingdom which is the worst of them all is the Roman Empire. Notice Daniel gives the Prophesy years before it comes to past. This prophecy was given before the

Greeks headed up by Alexander the great had even possessed the kingdom. The Roman Empire was also called the Holy Roman Empire. This Empire was the worst, meaning they not only killed you physically but spiritually also.

Daniel 11:1 Also I in the first year of Darius the Mede, even I, stood to confirm and to strengthen him. 2 And now will I show thee the truth. Behold, there shall stand up yet three kings in Persia; and the fourth shall be far richer than they all: and by his strength through his riches he shall stir up all against the realm of Grecia. 3 And a mighty king shall stand up, that shall rule with great dominion, and do according to his will. 4 And when he shall stand up, his kingdom shall be broken, and shall be divided toward the four winds of heaven; and not to his posterity, nor according to his dominion which he ruled: for his kingdom shall be plucked up, even for others beside those.

This fourth kingdom was so bad the Lord didn’t have an animal in the creation to liken it to. As you will see below quoted from the Grolier Encyclopedia the Roman Empire conquered the Greek Empire, aligning with scripture.

In the history of Greco-Roman civilization the period between the death (323 ©) of Alexander the Great, king of Macedonia, and the beginning of the Roman Empire (30 ©) is usually called the Hellenistic Age. The genius of the Romans lay in the military, in government administration, and in the law. Decisive but cautious imperialists, they valued crafty diplomacy as much as military discipline. The Romans conquered Greece, adopting Greek culture and transmitting it to the medieval world. Unlike the Greeks, they did not develop a philosophical theory of state and society; they were the practitioners of power and law. Roman civil law, which reached its peak under the emperors, excelled in precision of formulation and logic of thought; but it was a law of inequality and social prejudice, and that also became part of the Roman heritage.

Below in Daniel you will see this is a terrible beast, this beast is the worst of them all, we will find out later why.

Daniel 7:7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.

Romulus Augustulus was the last Roman Emperor, after him the Roman Empire must rise and fall 10 times. This is what the ten horns represent. This kingdom has risen and fallen nine times. At this very moment the Roman Empire is gaining strength every day for it’s tenth and final ascension. In Daniel below you will see a little horn came up among the ten. This little horn is also alive a well preparing for its defeat by the God of heaven. Three Germanic tribes defeated Romulus Augustulus, thus ending the Ancient Roman Empire. This is where the ten horns come into play. This is a quote from the Grolier Encyclopedia showing Augustulus defeat.

Three Germanic tribes defeated Romulus Augustulus, thus ending the Ancient

Roman Empire. This is where the ten horns come into play. This is a quote from the Grolier Encyclopedia showing Augustulus defeat.

From 395 the empire was permanently divided into the Latin Western and the Greek Eastern or Byzantine Empire. The Eastern Empire lived on until 1453, when the Turks conquered Constantinople. The Western Empire was overrun and gradually dismembered by various Germanic tribes. In 410 the Visigoths (see Goths) and in 455 the Vandals plundered the city of Rome. Finally in 476 the German Odoacer deposed the last emperor of the west, the child Romulus Augustulus. And so the history of ancient Rome ended ingloriously. The idea of Rome and of the Roman Empire, however, survived its fall, and from the symbiosis of Roman and Germanic elements arose the new states and societies of medieval Europe.

The quote below will show the third tribe, which is the Herulians. They also were apart of Romulus Augustulus defeat. (“The Pictorial History of Italian People”)

Another general, Orestes (possibly a Roman and not a barbarian), nominated his teen-age son, Romulus Augustus, emperor in 475. In the following year Odoacer, leader of a motley collection of mercenaries, mainly Herulians, deposed Romulus Augustus (nicknamed Augustulus) after having defeated and killed Orestes. The year 476 is generally accepted as marking the end of the Roman state in Italy. Actually the events of that year meant little to contemporaries. Odoacer was just one of many German tribal leaders who, since the beginning of the century, had carved a state in Roman territory for themselves and their followers.

Each horn tries to restore the Ancient Roman Empire but was later defeated. These 3 tribes were the Ostrogoths, Vandals, and Herulians. These three represent the first 3 horns on the beast. These three were plucked up by the roots by the fourth horn.

Daniel 7:8 I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.

The little horn that came up among the ten is the Papacy. You will see as we go along in this study that the Pope’s gave the kings there power. This is why Daniel made this statement, “there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots”.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Justinian is the fourth horn on the beast. He took out these three tribes. (Grolier Encyclopedia) Justinian's aim was the restoration of the earlier Roman Empire by reconquest of areas lost to the Germanic tribes. With the help of his general Belisarius, he regained North Africa from the Vandals (533-34 B.C.) and, after a lengthy war (535-54 B.C.), Italy from the Ostrogoths (see Goths). Justinian also acquired southeastern Spain. Repeated wars with the Sassanian Persians, however, usually ended with the Byzantines buying peace; and the Slavs occupied much of the Balkan Peninsula.

Quoted from “The Pictorial History of Italian People” (below)

Odoacer governed Italy nominally as representative of the Roman emperor in the East. In reality he acted as an independent ruler, and inefficiently. In 488, the Ostrogoths, authorized since around 450 by the government in Constantinople to settle on the right bank of the middle Danube, were led into Italy by their leader, King Theodoric II. Besieged in Ravenna, Odoacer surrendered and was assassinated in 493 B.C. The Herulians were never heard of again.

In 535 the Roman emperor in the East, the able Justinian, bent on reestablishing the unity of the Empire, sent an expeditionary force to Italy. In his eyes, as in the eyes of all native Italians, Italy was still very much an integral part of the Roman State. Surprised initially by the attack, the Goths soon rallied behind their leaders. While most Italians looked on, a ferocious war was fought for nearly two decades between the armies of the Gothic kings and those of the legitimate ruler, the emperor. Finally defeated, the Ostrogoths disappeared from the pages of history

Once again you see world history lines up with the scripture. All three of these Germanic tribes were defeated. As its states in the Book of Daniel these three were plucked up by the roots. After the Last Roman Cesar was defeat by these Germanic Tribes there were seven kings left. These kings all had a common purpose, and that was to restore the Ancient Roman Empire. We will name six of the kings the seven is yet to come. Now let’s return to the scripture.

Revelation 17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

These seven kings are the remaining horns on the beast in Daniel 7:7. Each one of these kings had the blessing of the Pope. The first is Justinian, the quote below is from Reader’s Digest (THE LAST 2 MILLION YEARS PAGES 123,121.)

The golden age of Justinian, page 123.

One of the greatest of the Byzantine emperors came to the throne in 527 B.C. He was Justinian I, whose 38-year reign was distinguished by three major achievements. He reconquered much of the old Western Empire; he modernized Roman Law; and built hundreds of churches, including the magnificent Hagia Sophia, the church of the holy wisdom, in Constantinople. He devoted his long reign to trying recreate the old Roman Empire as it was when dominated the Mediterranean throughout the centuries before the barbarian invasion. He succeeded in driving the Vandals from Africa and the Ostrogoths from Italy.

Page 121. The magnificent Hagia Sophia, the church of the holy wisdom, was completed by Justinian in 537 and became the focus of religious life in Constantinople. Processions filed in an out of its doors on the frequent saints days, and most Byzantine emperors after Justinian were crowned in the church. More than 10,000 people worked on the building of Hgaia Sophia; when it was finished, Justinian is said to have exclaimed, Solomon I have out done the.

The next was Charlemagne. This Quote is from “The Pictorial History Of Italian People” page 81.

Charlemagne himself remained ever after a major figure of Italian lore as did, with modified names, the English monk Alcuin (Charle-magne's trusted adviser for many years) and the gal-lant knight Roland. All Italians certainly took pride in the revived title of Roman emperor and in the great ceremony at which Pope Leo III crowned Cbarle-magne in the old Basilica of Saint Peter's in Rome, on Christmas Day of the year 800; There had been no emperor of the West since 476: now Italy seemed again to be the leading Western nation.

Quote from Funk and Wagnall’s online encyclopedia, under Holy Roman Empire.

On December 25, 800, Pope Leo III crowned Charlemagne emperor. This act established both a precedent and a political structure that were destined to figure decisively in the affairs of central Europe. The precedent established the papal claim to the right to select, crown, and even depose emperors that was asserted, at least in theory, for nearly 700 years. In its primary stage, the resurrected Western Empire endured as an effective political entity for less than 25 years after the death of Charlemagne in 814. The reign of his son and successor, Louis I, was marked by feudal and fratricidal strife that climaxed in 843 in partition of the empire. For an account of the growth, vicissitudes, and final dissolution of the Frankish realm, see FRANCE.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets get right into this lesson brother and sister and start this in Matthew 24: 4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. 6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows. 9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name’s sake. 10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. 11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. 12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. 13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. That is until the end of your life, or until the Second Coming of the Lord.

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. 15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand )

We are at the end of day’s brothers and sisters and it would behoove us to take heed to Jesus warning and let know man deceive us.

Now lets go to Daniel the 7th chapter and run down the abomination of desolation. In Daniel 7: 1 In the first year of Belshazzar king of Babylon Daniel had a dream and visions of his head upon his bed: then he wrote the dream, and told the sum of the matters. 2 Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea. 3 And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another. 4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle’s wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man’s heart was given to it.

Now brothers and sisters lets start dealing with this first beast. The 4 The first beast was like a lion, and had eagle’s wings; Daniel 7:4, This was the Babylonian empire. Babylon rose to world domination under King Nebuchadnezzar in 605 to 562 B.C. In Daniel 2:37-38, Nebuchadnezzar was told, 37 Thou, O king, art a king of kings: for the God of heaven hath given thee a kingdom, power, and strength, and glory. 38 And wheresoever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the heaven hath he given into thine hand, and hath made thee ruler over them all. Thou art this head of gold.

After the death of Nebuchadnezzar, Belshazzar his son, took over. However, his rule was not as lone as it could have been. Let's take a look. In Daniel 5: 1-6, 22-24, 25 And this is the writing that was written, MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN. 26 This is the interpretation of the thing: MENE; God hath numbered thy kingdom, and finished it. 27 TEKEL; Thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting. 28 PERES; Thy kingdom is divided, and given to the Medes and Persians. 29 Then commanded Belshazzar, and they clothed Daniel with scarlet, and put a chain of gold about his neck, and made a proclamation concerning him, that he should be the third ruler in the kingdom. 30 In that night was Belshazzar the king of the Chaldeans slain. 31 And Darius the Median took the kingdom, being about threescore and two years old. That was the end of the Babylonian empire and the beginning of the Mede and Persian Empire, which brings us to the second beast

This type of lesson deals with a lot reading and research. So I"ll post the second beast later, also this lesson shows Bible and history going hand in hand. This lesson will also show the future beast coming our way.

Most have heard little or nothing. Unfortunately.

If one is to see and hear what the Spirit says, the first thing to understand is while the kingdoms of this world do come to be the kingdoms of Christ, His kingdom is not of this world. Therefore, if one is to rightly divided the word of truth, the former kingdoms and the things of this world are not the subject of what has been prophesized, but are only the object of comparison--as in a parable.

In other words, Daniel's prophecy did mean something worldly to Nebuchadnezzar and even to Daniel, but should not be looked at the same way by us who are looking for the greater spiritual message. For example, Daniel called Nebuchadnezzar as the "king of kings"--but who should we rather look to as the king of kings? "Can you hear me now?" By the same token, if we now look at the whole prophecy as the fulfillment of worldly events (as if Nebuchadnezzar were Christ)--everything would be completely out of whack...and yet that is the common approach to interpreting Daniel's prophecy.

Likewise, since we have the spiritual clue that the prophecy has a worldly interpretation but also a greater interpretation where it is clear that Jesus is king of kings--then we should also understand that the Head of most precious gold--is also Christ. If we then seek first the kingdom of God in our translations of what has come from God to be heard only by those who have an ear to hear...we will not consider what the possibilities for worldly fulfillment are, but rather for heavenly fulfillment (where even "beasts" take on a whole different meaning). In which case I am confident to tell whoever does have an ear to hear--that just as the first part of the dream was only enacted in the lower ways of this world and only pointed to what is greater and heavenly, so too are the latter parts of the dream.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, hopefully you have the patience to continue to read the lesson. peace in Jesus name
Not if it leaves Bible prophecy and instead starts trying to point to a pope, or an Arab, as the coming false-Messiah that Jesus warned about for the end.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The third was Otto the great. Quote from Funk and Wagnall’s online encyclopedia, under Holy Roman Empire.

Despite the dissension within the newly created Western Empire, the popes maintained the imperial organization and the imperial title, mainly within the Carolingian dynasty, for most of the 9th century. The emperors exercised little authority beyond the confines of their dominions, however. After the reign (905-24 ) of Berengar I of Friuli (850?- 924), also styled as king of Italy or ruler of Lombardy, who was crowned emperor by Pope John X, the imperial throne remained vacant for nearly four decades. The East Frankish kingdom, or Germany, capably led by Henry I and Otto I, emerged as the strongest power in Europe during this period. Besides being a capable and ambitious sovereign, Otto I was an ardent friend of the Roman Catholic church, as revealed by his appointment of clerics to high office, by his missionary activities east of the Elbe River, and finally by his military campaigns, at the behest of Pope John XII, against Berengar II (900?-66), king of Italy. In 962, in recognition of Otto's services, John XII awarded him the imperial crown and title.

The 4th Charles V Quoted from Grolier Encyclopedia.

Charles V, Holy Roman emperor (1519-56) and Ñas Charles IÑking of Spain (1516-56), dominated the politics of Europe for 40 years. Charles was born in Ghent, in present-day Belgium, on Feb. 24, 1500, the eldest son of the Habsburg Philip the Handsome (later Philip I) and Joan the Mad of Castile. From his father, who died in 1506, he inherited the Netherlands and Joan the Mad of Castile. From his father, who died in 1506, he inherited the Netherlands (including most of the modern Netherlands and Belgium) and Franche Comt? (a French-speaking province that bordered eastern France but belonged to the Holy Roman Empire). After the death (1516) of his maternal grandfather, Ferdinand II of Aragon, Charles became ruler of the kingdoms of Spain and the Spanish dependencies in ItalyÑthe kingdoms of Naples, Sicily, and Sardinia. The Habsburg possessions of Austria and several smaller south German lordships came to him on the death (1519) of his paternal grandfather, Holy Roman Emperor Maximilian I, as did hereditary claims to the crowns of Hungary and Bohemia. The latter were made good by his younger brother Ferdinand (later Emperor Ferdinand I) in 1526, after the last independent king of Hungary, Louis II, was killed by the Turks in the Battle of Moh‡cs. Meanwhile, in 1519, Charles had been elected German king and Holy Roman emperor in succession to his grandfather Maximilian.

The 5th was Napoleon Bonaparte, Quoted from Grolier Encyclopedia

With peace restored, Bonaparte extended French influence into Holland (the Batavian Republic), Switzerland (the Helvetic Republic), and Savoy-Piedmont, which was annexed to France; he played the major role in the Imperial Recess (1803), by which the free cities and minor states of the Holy Roman Empire were consolidated; and he attempted to extend the French colonial empire, principally by recovering Haiti (see Louisiana Purchase). As a result of these policies and his refusal to grant trade concessions to Britain, war was renewed in 1803. In the wake of these events, which revived royalist hostility, the Senate petitioned Bonaparte to establish a hereditary dynasty. On Dec. 2, 1804, therefore, Napoleon crowned himself emperor in a ceremony presided over by Pope Pius VII. Napoleon created a titled court that included many of his statesmen and generals as well as ex-royalists. Believing that family ties were more durable than treaties, in the next few years he placed members of his family on the thrones of several satellite states Naples, Holland, Westphalia, and SpainÑand married his relatives to some of the most distinguished families in Europe.

The 6th was Benito Mussolini Quoted from Grolier Encyclopedia.

On Mar. 23, 1919, Mussolini and other war veterans founded in Milan a revolutionary, nationalistic group called the Fasci di Combattimento, named for the ancient Roman symbol of power, the fasces. His Fascist movement developed into a powerful "radicalism of the right," gaining the support of many landowners in the lower Po valley, industrialists, and army officers.

Fascist black shirt squads carried on local civil war against Socialists, Communists, Catholics, and Liberals. fas'-eez : In ancient Rome, fasces were rods of elm or birch tied together with leather thongs around an ax with projecting blade, used as a symbol of authority. They were carried by lictors (guards) walking in advance of public officials including praetors, consuls, proconsuls, victorious generals, dictators, and emperors. The Italian Fascist party adopted the fasces as its emblem and took its name from them. Quote from Reader Digest

“THE LAST 2 MILLION YEARS PAGE 409. With its uniform of black shirts and slogan, no discussion only obedience, the fascist party came to power. Mussolini ordered his followers to march on Rome in 1922; the king gave way before this show of force and called on Mussolini to form a government. Mussolini gradually transformed Italy into a dictatorship, basing his policies on the idea of corporative state. Under his rule, the Fascist attempted to control every major aspect of Italian life. He took the title of Il Duce (the leader) and suppressed parliament, retaining the monarchy as a figure-head. The Duce had grandiose ambition of reviving the glories of Ancient Rome and making the Italians once again a conquering, militaristic people. These ambition, strengthen by the memory of humiliating defeat the Italians had suffered at Adowa in Ethiopia in 1896, led him to attack and conquer Ethiopia in 1935-6.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As you have seen above each one of these Leaders tried to restore the Ancient Roman Empire and failed. Notice also how the Papacy played a major role in each of these leaders reign. Prophecy cannot be broken, keep your eye on Europe the 7th king will show himself soon.

We will now return to the scripture. Below in the Book Revelation we will see the great whore that sitteth upon many waters is the Roman Catholic Church. The waters are millions of people that follow this bad doctrine put forth by this church. The city where the whore sits is Vatican City. Documented history will show us the exact location of this city, so you will have no doubt in your mind were this city is.

Revelation 17:1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will show unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters: 2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

Is this a literal wine? No. The Lord is giving you a physical side to understand a spiritual side.

Let’s let the scripture explain this for us. Take a look at these verses in the Book of Isaiah.

Isaiah 29:9 Stay yourselves, and wonder; cry ye out, and cry: they are drunken, but not with wine; they stagger, but not with strong drink.

If they are not drunk with wine, what are they drunk from? Pay close attention to Isaiah.

Isaiah 29:10 For the LORD hath poured out upon you the spirit of deep sleep, and hath closed your eyes: the prophets and your rulers, the seers hath he covered. 11 And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed:

Notice it said the Lord has poured out upon you the spirit of deep sleep. Why has he done this? Here is the answer.

Isaiah 29:13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:

This is why the Lord has done this. This people can care less about what the Lord says. They go about with their own doctrine. The Book clearly states the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, these people teach don’t fear Him. Fear means fear, and everyone on the planet will know what fear is all about when they see the sky roll back like a scroll. What is this doctrine called? Where did these people get it? Take a look at these verses in the Book of Revelations.

Revelation 2:13 I know thy works and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth. 14 But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication. 15 So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitanes, which thing I hate.

What church holds fast the name of the Lord? Does not the Roman Catholic Church? This church is steal casting a stumbling block before the children of Israel. This church possesses the doctrine of the Nicolaitanes which the Lord hates. What is some of this doctrine?

1. The Law is no more
2. You are saved already
3. Babbling is speaking in tongues
4. You are born again already
5. You will be Raptured off the earth
6. The Trinity
7. Jesus loves everyone
8. You can eat what ever you want just pray over it
9. Female preachers
10. Confess your sins to a man in a box
11. Christmas
12. Easter
13. Good Friday
14. Sunrise service
15. Sunday is the Lord’s
16. Lent
17. Ash Wednesday
18. You don’t have to read the old testament, etc…

This is some of the doctrine of the Nicolaitanes, notice also above in revelation it said that Satan’s seat was there.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let’s go a little further In Revelation 17 and see if we can locate his seat.

Revelation 17:3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

Notice how the woman is sitting on the beast. If you sit on a horse, who is doing the guiding you or the horse? You are. The same thing is being done here, the woman is riding the beast and controlling it. Notice something else, the beast has seven heads and ten horns. Who is this beast? Let’s find out.

Revelation 12:3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

Satan doesn’t look like this, he is a cherub angel (Ezk. 1). This simply shows who this beats is ran by. In the book Of Daniel the Gentiles are call the children of the prince (Satan), the Gentiles headed up by the Roman General Titus are the ones who destroyed Jerusalem in 70 A.D. Knowing now that Satan runs the Gentile dynasty let’s find out where he sits. Back to Revelation 17.

Revelation 17:4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: 5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. 6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

7 And the angel said unto me, wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns. 8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. 9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

Let’s see if we can find out what city sits on seven mountains. This Quote is from the Pictorial History of Italian People page 31.

Romans were now confident in their own strength. When, after over thirty years of nearly continual fighting, this round of wars ended, the small independent township centered on the seven hills had become a state embracing most of what is today's Latium and parts of Umbria.

Quote from Grolier Encyclopedia below.

The Seven Hills of Rome are the hills on which the ancient city was built. Of volcanic origin and situated on the east bank of the Tiber River, they consist of the Palatine, which lies at approximately the center of the hills, the Capitoline in the northwest, and the Quirinal, Viminal, Esquiline, Caelian, and Aventine in the southwest. According to tradition, Romulus, the city's legendary founder, established the original settlement on the Palatine Hill, which, during the Roman Empire, was the site of the emperors' palaces. The other hills were incorporated as parts of Rome by a succession of early kings. The Servian Wall, which surrounded the seven hills, was built in the 4th century ©; parts of it still survive.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let’s return to the Bible in the Book of Revelation.

Revelation 17:12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

This verse is a little beyond us. The one-hour with beast is the “Great Tribulation”. 13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

The ten Horns which are ten kings represent the European Economic Community. There are 12 nations within this community in 2002. Notice it said they are of one mind. In the year 2002 they will all be using one common currency (Euro dollar), these are all Roman Catholic nations. Pay close attention to the next set of verses.

The EU today is made up of over 25 countries, however the ten nations of the Western European Alliance have a separate status as full members, while those nations who joined subsequent to the original 10 have only associate membership, or observer status. This 10 nation military wing of the EU may very well fulfill the prophecy of the beast with 10 horns from Daniel 7:7-8 and Revelations 13:1. On this beast's back will ride the woman that symbolizes a global religious system that is to appear before Christ returns to set up His kingdom.

Revelation 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. 2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority. 3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast. 4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him? 5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty-and two months.

Who gave this beast its power? The dragon (Satan). Notice something else, look at verse 2. And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

Here you have your Gentile dynasty. The four beast in Daniel that were separate are now all one. This would represent an alliance, or of one mind.

Notice something else, the beast had a deadly wound, but it was healed. This is none other that the Roman Empire being resurrected. Why? Remember they are of one mind. Take a look at this.

Quote from Funk and Wagnall’s Encyclopedia. (Treaty of Rome).

In June 1955 the foreign ministers of the six nations in the ECSC agreed to examine the possibilities for further economic integration. This new effort resulted in the two Treaties of Rome of March 1957, which created the European Economic Community (EEC, often referred to as the Common Market) and the European Atomic Energy Community (Euratom). The latter organization has proved of little importance because the national governments have kept control of their own nuclear power programs. In June 1997, the EU reached agreement on the Amsterdam Treaty, a revision of the existing treaty negotiated in Maastricht. Under the Amsterdam Treaty, EU countries adopting the Euro as their common currency are obligated to pay heavy fines if they incur excessive budget deficits. EUROPEAN UNION, (EU), supranational organization founded on Nov. 1, 1993, as the successor to the European Community (EC). In addition to taking over the economic responsibilities of the EC (see below), the EU was also charged with forging a Common Foreign and Security Policy (CFSP) and creating closer cooperation among the EU member states in the areas of justice, home affairs, and social policy. At the time of its creation, the EU had 12 members: Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Portugal, and Spain. Norwegian voters declined EU membership in a national referendum in November 1994, but Austria, Finland, and Sweden were admitted as of Jan. 1, 1995. In the late 1990s, many other nations, including those of Eastern Europe, were actively seeking EU membership.