THE AGE OF MAN IS OVER ONE MILLION YEARS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nope, I was asking how they came to their conclusion,

or maybe you have a date of adam beginning.

PICJAG.
?
How long was it between the Ascension of Jesus into Heaven, and Pentecost ?

How do you know ? (if you know)

How do others know ?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
?
How long was it between the Ascension of Jesus into Heaven, and Pentecost ?

How do you know ? (if you know)

How do others know ?
this is my point, as you, depending on who told you. but is it in the bible. as I said is it in the bible as to how long Adam was in the garden before he was put out? do you know?

if so please post it.

PICJAG.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam
I hear what you're saying but you lost me when you said,

not saying that you're right or wrong, but beginning has no time line, it's the start, and no one for sure, but God was at our start time. so that's where you lost me with the caculation of 13,000 years only.

my question is "How long was Adam and Eve in the garden "before" they sinned?. now if someone can surmise that, then we can talk a time line.at least for Adam.

PICJAG
Adam was placed in the Garden roughly 4000. Had 30 years, just like Jesus had. Did not get 33 years, like Jesus did. Adam sinned and lived 100 years outside of the Garden and then Seth was born.

Remember that Jesus was not born at 0. The consensus is during 4 BC to include the 3 years of Jesus' Ministry.

Adam sinned 4000 years from the day Jesus died on the Cross. Which would be 30 years from the start of 4000 BC.

Punishment of Adam to the full extent of 6000 years will be over In 2030 AD.

The beginning does have a time. 5000 BC. GOD rested (finished the 6 days of creation) for 1000 years. God then planted the Garden and placed one created on day 6 into the Garden thus Adam's earthly genealogy began. We do not need to be concerned that Adam was actually 1000 years old when placed in the Garden. Some just spiritualize it because that is all they can do in Satan's strong delusion called modern science with it's cosmology and evolution. It was a literal 1000 years because God did it.

God promises that God gets that last 1000 years. Thus earth has a finite period of 8000 years.

Reactions: Joseph77

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simple.
Adam was in the Garden, with Chavah(Eve), until God the Creator kicked them out.

As God the Creator Reveals in His Word.

If there is no subterfuge in your seeking this information, it is enough.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam was placed in the Garden roughly 4000.
all of this is made up, but for argument sake, lets examine your evidence one at a time. I'm willing to give anyone a chance to defend what they believe. so make your case, with scriptures that support your claim.

PICJAG

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(don't worry, it is not made up; it is and has been known and shown in Scripture for thousands of years)

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(don't worry, it is not made up; it is and has been known and shown in Scripture for thousands of years)
if not to worry then when did God put adam in the garden and please tell us how long was Adam in the Garden before God put him out.

so no I'm not worried, just waiting, ...:D

PICJAG.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
all of this is made up, but for argument sake, lets examine your evidence one at a time. I'm willing to give anyone a chance to defend what they believe. so make your case, with scriptures that support your claim.

PICJAG
Where in the Bible does it say Jesus was born in 4 BC?

Where in the Bible does it say that Jesus died on April 3rd, AD 30?

2 Peter 3:8
" Moreover, dear friends, do not ignore this: with the Lord, one day is like a thousand years and a thousand years like one day."

It clearly says how God views time. It is stated two ways. One is for us who suffer dyslexia so no one is without excuse.

God told Adam, was God obligated to tell us God’s time table?

Exodus 20:
8 “Remember the day, Shabbat, to set it apart for God.
9 You have six days to labor and do all your work,
10 but the seventh day is a Shabbat for Adonai your God. On it, you are not to do any kind of work — not you, your son or your daughter, not your male or female slave, not your livestock, and not the foreigner staying with you inside the gates to your property.
11 For in six days, Adonai made heaven and earth, the sea and everything in them; but on the seventh day he rested. This is why Adonaiblessed the day, Shabbat, and separated it for himself.

Moses said we have 6 days of labor, And reminded us of God’s 6 time stamped days, and one 1000 year "day of rest".

Has it been almost 2000 years since the cross? 1990 years just a few days ago.

It is recorded history itself that declares a "written" history of itself. The Bible backs that up with genealogies.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where in the Bible does it say Jesus was born in 4 BC?

Where in the Bible does it say that Jesus died on April 3rd, AD 30?

2 Peter 3:8
" Moreover, dear friends, do not ignore this: with the Lord, one day is like a thousand years and a thousand years like one day."

It clearly says how God views time. It is stated two ways. One is for us who suffer dyslexia so no one is without excuse.

God told Adam, was God obligated to tell us God’s time table?

Exodus 20:
8 “Remember the day, Shabbat, to set it apart for God.
9 You have six days to labor and do all your work,
10 but the seventh day is a Shabbat for Adonai your God. On it, you are not to do any kind of work — not you, your son or your daughter, not your male or female slave, not your livestock, and not the foreigner staying with you inside the gates to your property.
11 For in six days, Adonai made heaven and earth, the sea and everything in them; but on the seventh day he rested. This is why Adonaiblessed the day, Shabbat, and separated it for himself.

Moses said we have 6 days of labor, And reminded us of God’s 6 time stamped days, and one 1000 year "day of rest".

Has it been almost 2000 years since the cross? 1990 years just a few days ago.

It is recorded history itself that declares a "written" history of itself. The Bible backs that up with genealogies.
this have been debunked. and as for the thousand years as a dy playing card, the Lord Jesus has been gone for only two God days... :eek:

so I see you have no scripture for any of your claims.

but again thank you for your input, good day

PICJAG.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this have been debunked. and as for the thousand years as a dy playing card, the Lord Jesus has been gone for only two God days... :eek:

so I see you have no scripture for any of your claims.

but again thank you for your input, good day

PICJAG.
Neither can you refute it with Scripture, so not sure why you think I am wrong.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if not to worry then when did God put adam in the garden and please tell us how long was Adam in the Garden before God put him out.

so no I'm not worried, just waiting, ...:D

PICJAG.
No worry, ever. Be anxious for nothing.

Seek the websites/ sources that long ago knew and published the answers. (only IF you really want to know)

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
101 said,

not saying that you're right or wrong, but beginning has no time line, it's the start, and no one for sure, but God was at our start time. so that's where you lost me with the caculation of 13,000 years only.

my question is "How long was Adam and Eve in the garden "before" they sinned?. now if someone can surmise that, then we can talk a time line.at least for Adam.

Most assuredly, the phrase "in the beginning" connotes a definite time line. We know this as the Bile declares, " the evening and the morning were the first day. Then God continued to create the universe in details along with man in seven days.

Therefore, it would have been impossible for man to be a million years old since Eve was the mother of all living!!! (Genesis 3:20).

BTW, your question is irrelevant.

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I hear what you're saying but you lost me when you said,

PICJAG
We don't know how long it was before the woman was created from Adam. We can get a clue that it wasn't just a day or two, because Adam named all the animals, and that had to take some time. Now, before anyone starts to say that it would have been just about an impossible job, we need to know that Adam was quite different than what he became after the Fall. I believe that when sin and death entered the world, Adam lost much of who he was before then. Men, at the best, are not a fraction of who Adam was.

Then, we don't know how long it was after Eve was created that she encountered the talking snake. Now this was no ordinary snake and after the fall snakes changed considerably from what they were, so any picture of a snake before the fall has to be totally inaccurate.

So, as soon as the fall happened and Adam became mortal, that's when his mortal life started, and he died 900 years later. So, all we can calculate is the 6000 years back to when Adam became mortal. We have no idea of how long it was between Adam's creation, and when he sinned and became mortal.

The fall had to have happened before the birth of Cain and Abel, but we can calculate back to how many years it was after the Fall when Cain was born, because we know how old Cain was when Seth was born, and we also know how much time between the Fall (when Adam became mortal) and when Seth was born.

But the point is, we don't have enough information about how long it was between Adam's creation and the Fall, because the Bible gives no indication. All we know is that God created the world in 6 24 hour days, with Adam being created on the 6th day. From there on until the Fall, we have no idea how much time had passed.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can get a clue that it wasn't just a day or two, because Adam named all the animals, and that had to take some time.
There is some .... whether evidence or conjecture I don't know for sure - or cannot show from my own resources -
there is some indications that Adam could name all the animals 'in an instant', so to speak.... not restricted by time the way we are , and not even the same way he was after being ejected from the Garden.

'in an instant' may or may not be , in our frame now, less than a few seconds, perhaps ten hours ? , or whatever undetermined amount of time it took....

In any case, no one today knows experientially how he accomplished it, how long it took, and other factors,

as no one today has experienced the same living conditions as he was living .....

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We don't know how long it was before the woman was created from Adam. We can get a clue that it wasn't just a day or two, because Adam named all the animals, and that had to take some time.
So, as soon as the fall happened and Adam became mortal, that's when his mortal life started, and he died 900 years later. So, all we can calculate is the 6000 years back to when Adam became mortal. We have no idea of how long it was between Adam's creation, and when he sinned and became mortal.
Paul, come to the head of the class, you got your thinking cap on. you get an A+

PICJAG.

Reactions: Paul Christensen

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We don't know how long it was before the woman was created from Adam. We can get a clue that it wasn't just a day or two, because Adam named all the animals, and that had to take some time. Now, before anyone starts to say that it would have been just about an impossible job, we need to know that Adam was quite different than what he became after the Fall. I believe that when sin and death entered the world, Adam lost much of who he was before then. Men, at the best, are not a fraction of who Adam was.

Then, we don't know how long it was after Eve was created that she encountered the talking snake. Now this was no ordinary snake and after the fall snakes changed considerably from what they were, so any picture of a snake before the fall has to be totally inaccurate.

The fall had to have happened before the birth of Cain and Abel, but we can calculate back to how many years it was after the Fall when Cain was born, because we know how old Cain was when Seth was born, and we also know how much time between the Fall (when Adam became mortal) and when Seth was born.

But the point is, we don't have enough information about how long it was between Adam's creation and the Fall, because the Bible gives no indication. All we know is that God created the world in 6 24 hour days, with Adam being created on the 6th day. From there on until the Fall, we have no idea how much time had passed.
We do know what a Lords day is, we are not in the dark. The 7th day was a Lords Day.

From the beginning to God’s return and the creation of the Garden was a Lord's Day.

The first 6 days, were separate from the time of the Garden by a Lord's day.

Adam's time in the Garden was 30 years. Seth was born when Adam had been out of the Garden for 100 years. Compare that to Noah's labor before the Flood was 100 years. Adam and Eve had to wait 100 years of labor before God would send them the first male descendant to multiply fallen humanity.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
We do know what a Lords day is, we are not in the dark. The 7th day was a Lords Day.

From the beginning to God’s return and the creation of the Garden was a Lord's Day.

The first 6 days, were separate from the time of the Garden by a Lord's day.

Adam's time in the Garden was 30 years. Seth was born when Adam had been out of the Garden for 100 years. Compare that to Noah's labor before the Flood was 100 years. Adam and Eve had to wait 100 years of labor before God would send them the first male descendant to multiply fallen humanity.
How do you know that Adam was 30 years in the Garden when the Bible doesn't mention it? And there is nothing in Genesis 1-3 that mentions the "Lord's Day". All that is shown is the seven day week with the seventh day a day of rest. God doesn't need to rest, so that is why He set up the creation as six days of work and the seventh a day of rest. It wasn't for Him, but for us.

I think you are reading stuff into the Bible that just isn't there.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you know that Adam was 30 years in the Garden when the Bible doesn't mention it? And there is nothing in Genesis 1-3 that mentions the "Lord's Day". All that is shown is the seven day week with the seventh day a day of rest. God doesn't need to rest, so that is why He set up the creation as six days of work and the seventh a day of rest. It wasn't for Him, but for us.

I think you are reading stuff into the Bible that just isn't there.
The day of rest, was rest from work, work being creation. In other words creation was stopped and after a period of time started again. Rest was not for creation. Creation did what it was designed to do, it did not rest. God told it to multiply. There was no law and Sabbath day, and as claimed, God does not need rest.

In 6 days God created, and then stopped. Creation went on and has not stopped since.

Why did God stop and rest? It was not a literal day. God gave creation 1000 years to do what it was designed to do, before God started creating again.

God did not rest or stop for one literal day. It was the length of a Lord's Day. 2 Peter 3:8

Why would God only let the earth multiply for 1 day, 1 month, or even 1 year?

Genesis says that Seth was born when Adam was 130. It seems to me that Adam was given "Age" upon being placed in the Garden. 30 years is plenty of time for Adam to do what chapter 2 and 3 claim. After disobedience Adam had to wait 100 years for Seth to be born.