THE AGE OF MAN IS OVER ONE MILLION YEARS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:) .................. or "born of the WILL f the Father FROM HEAVEN " ! (a NEW CREATION already Today!)

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mankind has been around far longer than we have wanted to accept. This makes sense because it is proven by fossils that have been found.

Is that confusion to Christians? Sure it is, because Adam walked this earth around 8000 years ago but fossils of man are over 1.7 millions years old.

If mankind in Gen 1 were created just 2000 years prior, still leaves a big gap.

I have wondered for several years why would God try to confuse us when scripture says:
1Co 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion

By searching for an answer, here is what I understand so far:

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Gen 1:2 And the earth was(H1961) without form, and void;

הָיָה
hâyâh
haw-yaw'
A primitive root (compare H1933); to exist, that is, be or become, come to pass

become or became
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form (wrong translation)

Gen 1:2 And the earth BECAME without form (RIGHT TRANSLATION)

1Co 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion

I am not confused anymore!

Then you do not believe that Adam and his genealogy was the first man.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you do not believe that Adam and his genealogy was the first man.

When someone believes the father of lies, they might believe about Adam, and other... but have some twisted way to make things fit together, all contrary to God's Word and God's Plan.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is very interesting that a scientific investigation was done and the result placed man first appearing 6000 years ago. This was done by a secular scientist and it really upset the evolutionist community. So they came up with explanations that tried to discount the results; such explanations were so ridiculous that they were just unbelievable.

The Old Testament genealogical record shows from Adam to Abraham was just 4000 years - from Abraham to Christ, 2000 years, and then 2000 years until the present day. That genealogical record is the only definite record we have. If we don't believe it, there is no substitute - only guesswork and supposition.

That would make the earth 8000 years old. I believe your first amount of time between Adam and Abraham was 2000 years less than your 4000 years, making the earth 6000 years old. How did you come up with 4000 years?

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Depends on who told you first - who you trust.

If Jesus, then you already would know certainly this is all false, and cannot be true.

If men, then , well, remain in error(s), or turn to God , seeking God's Kingdom, seeking Truth, God Willing, and keep seeking Truth.

Note that when a child is brought up in the way he should go, when he is older, he will not depart from it.

This includes such things as this op --- if the child was FIRST told the truth, they would not fall for evolution/ lies/ "millions of years" unbiblical nonsense.

Joseph, I assume you must have some scripture to belittle some one. Give me scripture please!

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
That would make the earth 8000 years old. I believe your first amount of time between Adam and Abraham was 2000 years less than your 4000 years, making the earth 6000 years old. How did you come up with 4000 years?
I thought I was saying it was around 4000 years from Adam to Christ, and 2000 from Christ to the present. It was 2000 years from Adam to Abraham, and another 2000 years from Abraham to Christ. That how I read the OT genealogy.

Reactions: CharismaticLady

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP only.

I believe the universe is a young age of 13,000 years old and therefore man cannot be a million years old.

Already in the Book of Genesis we can know the first day of creation as we read: “In the beginning…” (meaning, a definite time line,). In fact, scripture insists Eve is the mother of ALL living!

The first 11,000 years can be seen in the careful study of the Book of Chronicles. Note: the word “begat” does not necessarily mean “direct son” it could also mean “grandson” or “great grandson.” the

11,000 years plus 2,000 years from the time of Jesus’ day to present day makes for 13,000 years.

The universe cannot be millions of years old as carbon copying is only 5,000 years old.

The above are my two cents worth. I’ve given the outline so please don’t ask for details. I want you to study for yourselves.

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:
Reactions: Joseph77

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP only.

I believe the universe is a young age of 13,000 years old and therefore man cannot be a million years old.

Already in the Book of Genesis we can know the first day of creation as we read: “In the beginning…” (meaning, a definite time line,). In fact, scripture insists Eve is the mother of ALL living!

The first 11,000 years can be seen in the careful study of the Book of Chronicles. Note: the word “begat” does not necessarily mean “direct son” it could also mean “grandson” or “great grandson.” the

11,000 years plus 2,000 years from the time of Jesus’ day to present day makes for 13,000 years.

The universe cannot be millions of years old as carbon copying is only 5,000 years old.

The above are my two cents worth. I’ve given the outline so please don’t ask for details. I want you to study for yourselves.

To God Be The Glory
I hear what you're saying but you lost me when you said,
Already in the Book of Genesis we can know the first day of creation as we read: “In the
beginning…” (meaning, a definite time line,)
not saying that you're right or wrong, but beginning has no time line, it's the start, and no one for sure, but God was at our start time. so that's where you lost me with the caculation of 13,000 years only.

my question is "How long was Adam and Eve in the garden "before" they sinned?. now if someone can surmise that, then we can talk a time line.at least for Adam.

PICJAG

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
my question is "How long was Adam and Eve in the garden "before" they sinned?. now if someone can surmise that, then we can talk a time line.at least for Adam.
Seek, as posted, "if someone", seek , and ye shall find. (it was already accomplished before our lifetime/generation)

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seek, as posted, "if someone", seek , and ye shall find. (it was already accomplished before our lifetime/generation)
yes I know that, but the "in the DAY you eat shall die", now when was that? God knows, as with the rocks, God knows, but is it written? no.

PICJAG.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes I know that, but the "in the DAY you eat shall die, now when was that? God knoews, as with the rocks, God knows, but is it written? no.

PICJAG.
All I can say was said in the last post, I think: seek , (the study of Scripture showing what you are asking about), and keep seeking, and you will find , according to God's Own Word.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I can say was said in the last post, I think: seek , (the study of Scripture showing what you are asking about), and keep seeking, and you will find , according to God's Own Word.
thanks for the reply, but I prefer the Lord's way, "is it not written?". and that answer to this subject is no. if God want us to know an exact date he would have told us so.

PICJAG

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thanks for the reply, but I prefer the Lord's way, "is it not written?". and that answer to this subject is no. if God want us to know an exact date he would have told us so.

PICJAG
So He does not tell you. So what ?

So you do not seek, you do not find. So what ?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(smile), you must have missed my point, understand something, all things are not to be known, Acts 1:6 "When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
Acts 1:7 "And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power".

what ever he wanted us to "know", he would have put it in his written word. even if hidden and not yet known.

PICJAG.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(smile), you must have missed my point, understand something, all things are not to be known, Acts 1:6 "When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
Acts 1:7 "And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power".

what ever he wanted us to "know", he would have put it in his written word. even if hidden and not yet known.

PICJAG.
I thought you were seeking something related to the years passed since Adam.