THE AGE OF MAN IS OVER ONE MILLION YEARS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The bible says death is a result of sin

Sin did not enter the world UNTIL adam and Eve

Thus using your own criteria. There could not have been death BEFORE adam and eve.
I believe that passage refers only to the death of humans.

Did God create cheetahs to run at 60mph to chase vegetation, or to chase other animals?

Before the Fall, if an elephant stood on an ant, did the ant die?

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
God tells us only what we need to know. If the universe really is billions of years old, who can say what transpired in that time?

The gift of knowledge is something that God gives if we ask for it. My son ask me, several years ago, about preterism. I didn't even know what it was but I ask God for understanding so that I could answer my son's question. It took a month or two of study of how others had come to their conclusion before I could tell my son it was true, it was not a salvation issue and he could believe it. After that God opened up other info that I was interested in and I grew, at lest I feel like I did. Some times, if not all the time, we need to ask God for his gifts.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that passage refers only to the death of humans.

The penalty of sin is death

The world was perfect until Adam sinned, After this w=the world started, and continues to die.

Did God create cheetahs to run at 60mph to chase vegetation, or to chase other animals?

Before the Fall, if an elephant stood on an ant, did the ant die?
The bible says when creation is restored. it will go back until the beginning, Where there are no flesh eating animals.

If the bible says death, is a result of sin. I would take the bible at its word.

Nothing here you offer is scriptural. it is all your idea of what you think is true.

I would suggest just keep to the word. You will be better off

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen

I do not see hope for this world. I am waiting for a charismatic leader from Europe to come and promise to end the world financial crisis and try to bring about peace for all.
You and I might not be waiting very long now....

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mankind has been around far longer than we have wanted to accept. This makes sense because it is proven by fossils that have been found.

Is that confusion to Christians? Sure it is, because Adam walked this earth around 8000 years ago but fossils of man are over 1.7 millions years old.
Depends on who told you first - who you trust.

If Jesus, then you already would know certainly this is all false, and cannot be true.

If men, then , well, remain in error(s), or turn to God , seeking God's Kingdom, seeking Truth, God Willing, and keep seeking Truth.

Note that when a child is brought up in the way he should go, when he is older, he will not depart from it.

This includes such things as this op --- if the child was FIRST told the truth, they would not fall for evolution/ lies/ "millions of years" unbiblical nonsense.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The world was perfect until Adam sinned, After this w=the world started, and continues to die.
The Bible doesn't say the world was created "perfect" - but "good" and "very good". Your idea of a "good" and "very good" world may be very, very different to God's interpretation of those words.

God no doubt thought it "good" that His Son suffer and die a horrifying death - that is not my idea of "good", but who am I to judge?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW the flood you speak of was local.
When a child is brought up in the way he should go...... (again)....

he would never even consider this statement at all.

"Do not sit in the seat of scoffers (as if learning from them, opposed to Jesus);
nor stand in the way of sinners (opposed to Jesus Word) "

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God no doubt thought it "good" that His Son suffer and die a horrifying death - that is not my idea of "good", but who am I to judge?
As long as someone's ideas, like your ideas, do not agree with God, they are wrong.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God tells us only what we need to know. If the universe really is billions of years old, who can say what transpired in that time?
We can't because in Genesis it says the earth was without form and void but it does not tell us how long for. We can only conjecture.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the explanation.

The moment enough humans turned from the truth of Genesis 1 and turned it into a metaphor, God allowed Satan to send humans a strong delusion. Not in facts, but math. Math is the process to virtually place in human's thoughts a virtual universe and a virtual evolution. That Satan is in control of this earth, giving humans tons of actual literal data from the earth is not implausible.

Trying to fit current scientific virtual reality into Genesis 1 will never work, because Genesis is literal and describes this literal universe. The Truth is that current human cosmology and evolution is only virtual.

If you deny that, you deny 2 Thessalonians 2
6-12
6 And now you know what is restraining, so that he may be revealed in his own time.
7 For already this separating fromTorah is at work secretly, but it will be secretly only until he who is restraining is out of the way.
8 Then the one who embodies separation from Torah will be revealed, the one whom the Lord Yeshua will slay with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the glory of his coming.
9 When this man who avoids Torahcomes, the Adversary will give him the power to work all kinds of false miracles, signs and wonders.
10 He will enable him to deceive, in all kinds of wicked ways, those who are headed for destruction because they would not receive the love of the truth that could have saved them.
11 This is why God is causing them to go astray, so that they will believe the Lie.
12 The result will be that all who have not believed the truth, but have taken their pleasure in wickedness, will be condemned.

This separation from the Torah is the knowledge that convinces humans that current science is correct, and Genesis 1 is wrong.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God allowed Satan to send humans a strong delusion.
As noted by a Bible discussion last week:

If a baby / little child is LIED TO, before they can even read or write, what are they going to believe ?

They believe the lie.

THus, whenever they are taken by their parents to a place and the first words they hear, "a million years ago",
instead of God's Word,
they already are being deceived, taught a lie, and it is not many that ever recover.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mankind has been around far longer than we have wanted to accept. This makes sense because it is proven by fossils that have been found.

Is that confusion to Christians? Sure it is, because Adam walked this earth around 8000 years ago but fossils of man are over 1.7 millions years old.

If mankind in Gen 1 were created just 2000 years prior, still leaves a big gap.

I have wondered for several years why would God try to confuse us when scripture says:
1Co 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion

By searching for an answer, here is what I understand so far:

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Gen 1:2 And the earth was(H1961) without form, and void;

הָיָה
hâyâh
haw-yaw'
A primitive root (compare H1933); to exist, that is, be or become, come to pass

become or became
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form (wrong translation)

Gen 1:2 And the earth BECAME without form (RIGHT TRANSLATION)

1Co 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion

I am not confused anymore!
Or, science got it wrong and those fossils are not that old.

Reactions: Joseph77

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As noted by a Bible discussion last week:

If a baby / little child is LIED TO, before they can even read or write, what are they going to believe ?

They believe the lie.

THus, whenever they are taken by their parents to a place and the first words they hear, "a million years ago",
instead of God's Word,
they already are being deceived, taught a lie, and it is not many that ever recover.
My first media exposure back in the late 60's was the televised moon landings. :cool: