The answer of hell and its origins

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is due to your inability to enter the text - yes you can speak at it with your false teachings but opening it to give light is not known by you.

Hebrews 10:27 but only a certain fearful expectation of judgment and a fury of fire that will consume God’s enemies.

Consume means they will be eternally forgotten never to exist in any form!

Isaiah 26:11 O Lord, you are ready to act, but they don’t even notice. They will see and be put to shame by your angry judgment against humankind, yes, fire will consume your enemies.

Maybe you cannot see the illusion!

Of course you can see this is not a literal fire but figurative of the destruction of the wicked.

Do you understand what figurative language is and how it is used throughout the Word?

F2F

Well that would be incorrect interpretation.....Explaining away the truth of the scriptures is one of the Jehovah's Witnesses honed skills....As one of the most recent religions it is funny that they think after all that time they got it right....but they did not.

Reactions: The Learner

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Been educated on it.....and something that some people call hyperbolic and that is kind of accurate. What most people do not know is the religious literary style of the time period....that confuses people because the Apostles would state things that were at both ends of the topic....that is why here on the forum people can throw so many scriptures at each other and both sides be right. That is probably one of reasons that there are over 30,000 denominations....You cannot understand the Bible unless you get a solid grip on the overall spirit of the Bible...Christ...and Christianity.

It is hard to explain....when I first got here I tried to explain but it went over their heads....So during a debate on a topic I would give both side all the scriptures that supported their beliefs.....but they still did not catch on.
Even Catholic Apologetists refute the 30,000 denominations claim. The Source is using a social definintion of denominnation. According to that same source there are hundreds of Catholic denominations. We both know that is not true Brother, freind. We Christians use a Theological Definition. I have even corresponded with the autor of the Source.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even Catholic Apologetists refute the 30,000 denominations claim. The Source is using a social definintion of denominnation. According to that same source there are hundreds of Catholic denominations. We both know that is not true Brother, freind. We Christians use a Theological Definition. I have even corresponded with the autor of the Source.

Not at all....I say 30,000 but the count is over 50,000 worldwide. And there are not hundreds of Catholic denominations that report to the Pope. So you are wrong on both counts. LOL

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well that would be incorrect interpretation.....Explaining away the truth of the scriptures is one of the Jehovah's Witnesses honed skills....As one of the most recent religions it is funny that they think after all that time they got it right....but they did not.

The more I ask the more foolish you look.

Do you understand how figurative language works?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
LOL All ready explained that....little slow are you?

No, I'll ask for the forth time.

Do you know what figurative language is and how its applied to Scripture?

To help you along you could answer either yes or no, or provide your understanding of how its used....you have done neither to my knowledge.

:IDK:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

To help you along you could answer either yes or no, or provide your understanding of how its used....you have done neither to my knowledge.

Yeah, it's when Kingdom Hall says God is wrong. Happens nearly every time a JW posts.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Learner

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have already told you yes.....I am a lot smarter than you are.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It don't take much to know that the Jehovah's Witnesses is a heresy against Christ.
Agree...thankfully I am not a JW...thought I'd let you run with that mistake for a while...you seemed to like running with error.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 2:32

What's the figure being used here?

You are funny....think I am going to play along?
Got one for you. What is the figurative in this....

Did you hear the one about when there was a Jehovah’s Witness and a Calvinist and a OSAS in a bar bragging about the last young girl they molested. They were drinking and laughing and sharing pictures of the little girl they murdered.

A guy sitting at the bar asked if they were not scared of getting caught?

They all laughed! Not a chance! We are in a democrat state!

The guy asked, Not even by God?

Again they laughed out load!

One of them said, I am a Jehovah’s witness, there is no Hell? I can do anything I want in this life….no punishment for me except oblivion!

The next guy said, I am Calvinist, God made me do it….so I am Scott free.

The last guys said, I got both these guys beat I am OSAS and I can do anything I want. I believe in Jesus so I am going straight to Heaven and see if there are any young ones up there.

The guy at the end of the bar bowed his head and said, So I guess it is up to me. And he pulled out a .45 and shot all of them!

Last edited: