The answer of hell and its origins

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
LOL What does Hebrew 10:26-27 mean?

This is a typical example of a Christian jumping into google and searching for a verse that has the word "fire" in it, and then deflecting post #395 with "what about Hebrews 10:26-27".

I mean its just lame! It's lazy and slothful discipleship!

No other way to put it.

F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What's disappointing is if you bothered to look up the OT reference (of Hebrews 10:26) you would see this:

Isaiah 26:14 The dead do not come back to life, the spirits (breath) of the dead do not rise. That is because you came in judgment and destroyed them,

Yes way! :ummm: @Grailhunter :ummm:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would you take me to a Scripture that speaks of enemies being consumed which is quoting Isaiah 26:11?

I could but it is not relevant to the topic....we are talking about Christians.....Jehovah's Witnesses are more Jewish than Christian, so you maybe well versed with mixing Judaism and Christianity.

Reactions: The Learner

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a typical example of a Christian jumping into google and searching for a verse that has the word "fire" in it, and then deflecting post #395 with "what about Hebrews 10:26-27".

You are just so funny! If scriptures are in Google does that invalidate them? Do you cross them out of your Bible? For your information that came from just one of a thousand essays I wrote in 85.

I mean its just lame! It's lazy and slothful discipleship!

Any scripture would be lame to a Jehovah's Witness, they just make it up as they go. And if they don't like it they write their own heretical Bible.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's disappointing is if you bothered to look up the OT reference (of Hebrews 10:26) you would see this:

Isaiah 26:14 The dead do not come back to life, the spirits (breath) of the dead do not rise. That is because you came in judgment and destroyed them,

Yes way! :ummm: @Grailhunter :ummm:

Does it surprise you that being in the Old Testament....that that is a Jewish belief....Ever considered converting to Judaism?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Does it surprise you that being in the Old Testament....that that is a Jewish belief....Ever considered converting to Judaism?
A whole bunch of nothing in those responses!
You know you're wrong but you need to keep up the facade! Aunty Jane could see the truth in another thread but because her community wouldn't approve she maintained the status quo. You are doing the same, which is no surprise...but to be caught out so blatantly without a ounce of humility is highly telling of your faith.
F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
More incompetence!
The NT author was quoting the OT passage to make the point that if you keep sinning you can only look forward to the cessation of life. Think of it this way - the NT and OT are shaking hands in agreement, unlike what we are doing here! Although, I can find agreement with both OT and NT texts but you are excluded at this present time.
It's with you to fall in line with Hebrews 10:26-27 and Isaiah 26:11-12

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A whole bunch of nothing in those responses!
You know you're wrong but you need to keep up the facade! Aunty Jane could see the truth in another thread but because her community wouldn't approve she maintained the status quo. You are doing the same, which is no surprise...but to be caught out so blatantly without a ounce of humility is highly telling of your faith.
F2F

Christians know you are wrong.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More incompetence!
The NT author was quoting the OT passage to make the point that if you keep sinning you can only look forward to the cessation of life. Think of it this way - the NT and OT are shaking hands in agreement, unlike what we are doing here! Although, I can find agreement with both OT and NT texts but you are excluded at this present time.
It's with you to fall in line with Hebrews 10:26-27 and Isaiah 26:11-12

Wrong again.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Grailhunter

You can see how difficult false doctrine is to defend? Bible imagery is a powerful communicator if you are willing to receive its lessons.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At the very least can you admit to the misuse of Hebrews 10:26-27?

These klondike religions have to find ways to explain away so many scriptures. By the time they are done they have twisted the meaning of most of the Bible. So no, I have not misused Hebrews 10:26-27 and it is in line with about a dozen other scriptures that prove hell fire and eternal punishment is real and the truth.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
These klondike religions have to find ways to explain away so many scriptures. By the time they are done they have twisted the meaning of most of the Bible. So no, I have not misused Hebrews 10:26-27 and it is in line with about a dozen other scriptures that prove hell fire and eternal punishment is real and the truth.
Yes you have misused Hebrews 10:26-27 as this section is speaking of annihilation of the wicked not eternal torment. You weren't to know the author was quoting from Isaiah 26.

You and others still yet to show an understanding of your place of perpetual fire!

You would agree it's very weak.

F2F

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes you have misused Hebrews 10:26-27 as this section is speaking of annihilation of the wicked not eternal torment. You weren't to know the author was quoting from Isaiah 26.

You and others still yet to show an understanding of your place of perpetual fire!

You would agree it's very weak.

F2F

None of that is true. Hebrews 10:26-27 cannot be quoting Isaiah because God did not threaten the Hebrews/Israelites/Jews with hell fire. He punished them in this world. A lot of people do not know what to do with Hebrews as a whole and there are reasons for that.
As far as an understanding of a place of fire.....Christians understand....it is you that does not understand. Biblically the Bible tells us as much about Hell as it does about Heaven.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL What does Hebrew 10:26-27 mean?
26 If we decide to continue sinning after we have learned the truth, then there is no other sacrifice that will take away sins. 27 If we continue sinning, all that is left for us is a fearful time of waiting for the judgment and the angry fire that will destroy those who live against God. 28 Whoever refused to obey the Law of Moses was found guilty from the testimony given by two or three witnesses. Such people were not forgiven. They were killed. 29 So think how much more punishment people deserve who show their hate for the Son of God—people who show they have no respect for the blood sacrifice that began the new agreement and once made them holy or who insult the Spirit of God’s grace. 30 We know that God said, “I will punish people for the wrongs they do; I will repay them.”[d] And he also said, “The Lord will judge his people.”[e] 31 It is a terrible thing to face punishment from the living God.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 10:26-31
Expanded Bible

26 If we ·decide to [deliberately] go on sinning after we have learned the ·truth [L knowledge of the truth], there is no longer any sacrifice for sins. 27 There is nothing but ·fear in waiting for the [a fearful/terrifying expectation/prospect of] judgment and the ·terrible [raging; furious] fire that will ·destroy [consume; devour] ·all those who live against God [the enemies of God; L those who oppose; the adversaries]. 28 Anyone who ·refused to obey [rejected; disregarded] the law of Moses was put to death without mercy on the basis of the ·evidence [testimony] provided by two or three witnesses [Deut. 17:6]. 29 So how much worse punishment do you think is deserved by those who ·do not respect [trample on; show contempt for] the Son of God, who ·look at the blood of the agreement that made them holy as no different from others’ blood [L profane/treat as unholy/common the blood of the covenant], who insult the Spirit of God’s grace? 30 We know that God said, “·I will punish those who do wrong [T Vengeance is mine]; I will repay them [Deut. 32:35].” And he also said, “The Lord will judge his people [Deut. 32:36; Ps. 135:14].” 31 It is a ·terrible [dreadful; terrifying] thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Amplified Bible

Christ or Judgment
26 For if we go on willfully and deliberately sinning after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice [to atone] for our sins [that is, no further offering to anticipate], 27 but a kind of awful and terrifying expectation of [divine] judgment and the fury of a fire and burning wrath which will consume the adversaries [those who put themselves in opposition to God]. 28 Anyone who has ignored and set aside the Law of Moses is put to death without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 How much greater punishment do you think he will deserve who has rejected and trampled under foot the Son of God, and has considered unclean and common the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and has insulted the Spirit of grace [who imparts the unmerited favor and blessing of God]? 30 For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine [retribution and the deliverance of justice rest with Me], I will repay [the wrongdoer].” And again, “The Lord will judge His people.” 31 It is a fearful and terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God [incurring His judgment and wrath].

J.B. Phillips New Testament

26-31 Now if we sin deliberately after we have known and accepted the truth, there can be no further sacrifice for sin for us but only a terrifying expectation of judgment and the fire of God’s indignation, which will one day consume all that sets itself against him. The man who showed contempt for Moses’ Law died without hope of appeal on the evidence of two or three of his fellows. How much more dreadful a punishment will he be thought to deserve who has poured scorn on the Son of God, treated like dirt the blood of the agreement which had once made him holy, and insulted the very Spirit of grace? For we know the one who said: ‘Vengeance is mine: I will repay’. And again: ‘The Lord will judge his people’. Truly it is a terrible thing for a man who has done this to fall into the hands of the living God!