The Assyrian Anti-christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
God uses the title of the Assyrian to point DIRECTLY to Satan himself in OT prophecy...

Isa 30:31-33
31 For through the voice of the LORD shall the Assyrian be beaten down, which smote with a rod.
32 And in every place where the grounded staff shall pass, which the LORD shall lay upon him, it shall be with tabrets and harps: and in battles of shaking will he fight with it.
33 For Tophet is ordained of old; yea, for the king it is prepared; He hath made it deep and large: the pile thereof is fire and much wood; the breath of the LORD, like a stream of brimstone, doth kindle it.
(KJV)

If one says that's about the historical king of Assyria, then they are saying the flesh king of Assyria has already been judged and sentenced to perish in that fire, which Tophet is being used to represent. Per God's Word, ONLY Satan and his angels have already been judged and sentenced to perish in that lake of fire. No lfesh born has been judged and sentenced to perish in that fire, yet.

Likewise in Isaiah 10, there's some passages that cannot apply to the flesh king of Assryia.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Exactly how can we possibly hope to discover the truth of God while attacking one another because our path to this rightful understanding has a different vista becaue we come from a different direction leading to this trail of righteous understanding?
Prentis.... keep plugging away! Veteran.... Understand the mind of the young grows as the hiar greys or grays - i forget which is the color and which is the other color.

In the ideals of a firm steely opinion of a Godly fact one must remember always that the Word of God is a living word and though it is unchanging its understanding for us must be flexible if we really desire to know truth.

Expect that the manner in which prophecy unfolds concerning this coming beast and false prophet that it will most definately decieve many and if this time had not been cut short, even the elect of God could have fallen to this deception. When you consider this to be true, then you can humble yourself in knowing that what you consider to be a factual view point may have a skewed vista for a reference.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
There's nothing skewed about God's Holy Writ. It's simple, once one understands the type of language our LORD used to impart His Truth. A lot of that language involves 'symbolism' for literal persons and events. Translations do not always allow the full symbolism of God's Holy Writ to come forth.

For example, in Ezra 8, Ezra noticed none of the sons of Levi returning to Jerusalem after the 70 years Babylon captivity. So Ezra sent Iddo, the head Nethinim (a foreigner temple servant) to go back and get Levite priests required for the later 2nd temple. The meaning of the names of those Levite priests he brought back are revealing once interpreted per the Hebrew. The KJV translators did not translate those names for us.

When reading Scripture like Isaiah 30:31-33, and then looking back to be sure who God is talking about there with "the Assyrian", an immediate flag ought to come up, requiring us to look at it more closely. Likewise in Ezekiel 28 where God starts off talking about the prince and king of Tyrus (means 'rock'), and then reveals the one He is speaking of was once in His Garden of Eden (Ezek.28:13). That ought to raise an immediate flag to know He is not talking about the flesh prince and king of Tyrus with that association.

Why do many either skip over those kind of points God gives, or miss them totally?

It's mostly because of lack of Bible study the Way He said to do it per Isaiah 28 (line upon line), and from listening to false prophets that God allows to work during this present world to test us with. And I have yet to meet any true Christian believer that has not fallen to that at some point, including myself.

So if I'm always keeping that in mind, guarding against falling into that, then what of others who aren't even aware of those kind of things in God's Word? How can I expect others to understand those things in God's Word that they aren't even aware that they've skipped over? And how are we to deal with false prophets and those deceived by them that come to try and remove those deeper things God put in His Word so we'd understand?

Clearly, at some point with those, it may involve a rebuke in tough love.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Veteran wrote: " There's nothing skewed about God's Holy Writ. It's simple, "

Vet, I did nto say nor claim I thought there was anyting in God's Word skewed, To put this undera different light... My claim is man can skew God's Word for their intrepetational desires but that does not make that perception correct.

Vet, you also wrote: " Clearly, at some point with those, it may involve a rebuke in tough love. "

To this I should inform you of a couple of things...

one, many profoundly learnered men were unable to recognize the first coming of Christ. They were too profoundly mis-guidedly estute for their own good. An entire nation of Jews still do not recognizee Christ! Can one become so engrossed in what they think ffits the way they want that they beocme blind? yes!!! And this is the reason humility takes presidence!

two, no matter if you think my understanding of scripture, history or language, in part or in its entireity is lacking. I assure you this vessel will be sufficiently filled if that has not already been accomplished. Tough love through rebuke? Only God or Jesus should do that and since we are in God's Grace thanks to Jesus... humble persuassion should be the method a Christian uses even if they are a prophet, unless they are one of the two witnesses... for it is them to use the harsh methods for the rest of you it is to reside on foregiveness. Did David use prophets? Do you think those prophets rebuked David or used humility? Be thou as David's prophets.
Remembr always every Christian here is seeking a righteous understanding. would it not be best if you understanding came through with love instead of a self-elevated position? Onee of Christ's greatest lessons was humility and the power it possesses.

Which is dumber, and why?.... A Bag of Hmmers, a Sack of Sones or a Box of Rocks?

A sack of stones for it was a box of rocks that was too dumb to move out of the way of the bag of hammers.

Some of the greatest minds of today will easily succumb to Satan. Many of the richest and most powerful people with an entorage of researchers and advisers will fall into Satan's traps. These people will be oh so sure they are doing the right thing and their people, advisers and the like will be oh so sure they have done proper research and yet be wrong. I applaud the time you invested in discovery to obtain truth, now is the time to assist others in your understandings, but do this with humility, always.

and God Bless You.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Veteran wrote: " There's nothing skewed about God's Holy Writ. It's simple, "

Vet, I did nto say nor claim I thought there was anyting in God's Word skewed, To put this undera different light... My claim is man can skew God's Word for their intrepetational desires but that does not make that perception correct.

Yes, I know you did not intend to infer God's Word is skewed, but man's understanding. You made the following statement that I cannot agree with that I was responding to...

In the ideals of a firm steely opinion of a Godly fact one must remember always that the Word of God is a living word and though it is unchanging its understanding for us must be flexible if we really desire to know truth.

It's that underlined part I cannot agree with, at least not what that statement expresses the way it's written. You may not have meant it the way I interpret it at all. How I understand you is that God's Word is unchanging, though It is The Living Word, which I agree. But It's understanding FOR us being flexible does not mean to me to allow the varioius doctrines of men to get involved, which can only confuse the understanding God intended.

It's our growth towards rightly understanding God's Word that should be flexible, and that simply means pieces are continually revealed in stages until we've got the whole. Each piece will be a solid piece we can rely on not to change. If that were not so, then The Gospel links in the OT prophets would no longer have meaning when the New Covenant came.

Vet, you also wrote: " Clearly, at some point with those, it may involve a rebuke in tough love. "

To this I should inform you of a couple of things...

one, many profoundly learnered men were unable to recognize the first coming of Christ. They were too profoundly mis-guidedly estute for their own good. An entire nation of Jews still do not recognizee Christ! Can one become so engrossed in what they think ffits the way they want that they beocme blind? yes!!! And this is the reason humility takes presidence!

The Ezek.28 example is not the depth of what I'm talking about with false prophets who come along to try and remove God's Truth out of one's mind. We could get into the various theories of men like pre-trib, pre-wrath, preterism, historicism to see how some purposefully try to change what's actually written. And for one who is wary of the leaven doctrines of men our Lord Jesus warned of us, it's not that difficult to disprove them by what's actually written. This idea is actually from Christ, not me; He covered it in the parable of the sower...

Matt 13:19
19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.
(KJV)

A faithful believer that heeds God's Word as written will be less swayed by men's doctrines and not like a reed shaking in the wind changing with the various doctrines of men, which is to never come to God's Truth. So with a lot of God's Holy Writ, one CAN be certain of It's intent and meaning. If that were not so then the very foundation of God's Truth would fall, which is what Satan's false prophets are trying to do today. So it should be obvious that being learned by the world's standards is one thing, while being learned in God's Word with His help is another entirely. The two should not be compared, even though an education can still be an advantage; afterall, Daniel was elevated by the king of Babylon because of his knowledge over Babylon's own prophets of the day.

two, no matter if you think my understanding of scripture, history or language, in part or in its entireity is lacking. I assure you this vessel will be sufficiently filled if that has not already been accomplished. Tough love through rebuke? Only God or Jesus should do that and since we are in God's Grace thanks to Jesus... humble persuassion should be the method a Christian uses even if they are a prophet, unless they are one of the two witnesses... for it is them to use the harsh methods for the rest of you it is to reside on foregiveness. Did David use prophets? Do you think those prophets rebuked David or used humility? Be thou as David's prophets.

I wasn't specifically pointing to your understanding, but speaking in general about the subject. If we care about brethren that are deceived, we are not going to want them to continue in that, and at times depending on the unruliness they exhibit, it may require a rebuke, which is what Paul was teaching here...

Titus 1:8-14
8 But a lover of hospitality, a lover of good men, sober, just, holy, temperate;
9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.
10 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision:
11 Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.
12 One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, "The Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies."
13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;
14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.
(KJV)

Being hospitable, temperate, sober, holy, just, etc., is always first, I agree. But when dealing with the unruly tongues of 'gainsayers', that is not always possible. The rebuke is to try to turn them back to the right way in Christ. Look in Matthew at John the Baptist's rebuke of the scribes and Pharisees just for showing up where John was baptizing, even before they had even said one word. Are there no Christians on earth today able to be certain of falseness enough to give a rebuke in Christ Jesus? It would appear so with the many pacifist style doctrines being fed to congregations today. Those congregations are beginning to suffer what for holding those political correctness attitudes? Many of them are now heeding the false prophet's attempts to limit what they can and cannot preach in their pulpits.

Remembr always every Christian here is seeking a righteous understanding. would it not be best if you understanding came through with love instead of a self-elevated position? Onee of Christ's greatest lessons was humility and the power it possesses.

Every 'true' Christian I would add. I do not believe everyone that comes here is a Christian believer. Sorry, I'm not that naive as to how Satan's devices work in this present world.

If some take offense by the way I come across, like I'm trying to elevate myself, then they're not really concentrating on what I cover from God's Word then are they? Those show they instead are here more to honor position and status, and not really after understanding. Or maybe you haven't noticed the old ploy very often used by Satan's false prophets to try and attack one's credibility in order to turn people's minds away to something else? I get that a lot after I've offerred a Scripture those gainsayers cannot refute lest it makes them look silly.

Which is dumber, and why?.... A Bag of Hmmers, a Sack of Sones or a Box of Rocks?

A sack of stones for it was a box of rocks that was too dumb to move out of the way of the bag of hammers.

Some of the greatest minds of today will easily succumb to Satan. Many of the richest and most powerful people with an entorage of researchers and advisers will fall into Satan's traps. These people will be oh so sure they are doing the right thing and their people, advisers and the like will be oh so sure they have done proper research and yet be wrong. I applaud the time you invested in discovery to obtain truth, now is the time to assist others in your understandings, but do this with humility, always.

and God Bless You.

I do try to be humble, as much as the other person I converse with allows. But I don't confuse their mocking with humility.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Vet wrote:
" It's that underlined part I cannot agree with, at least not what that statement expresses the way it's written. You may not have meant it the way I interpret it at all. How I understand you is that God's Word is unchanging, though It is The Living Word, which I agree. But It's understanding FOR us being flexible does not mean to me to allow the varioius doctrines of men to get involved, which can only confuse the understanding God intended. "

Ok, i guess I certainly did not express myself as well as I should have. Allow me this as further understanding of my meaning... I have and amny people I know of... been able to read scripture and discover a meaning then the same scripture for different reasearch opens yet another meaning.. both absolutely valid, and in that I see the Word as Living - plus, I saw this because I remained flexible. Does that help convey my meaning better?

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Terry, Thanks for your peace-keeping efforts, however sometimes spiritual hubris overwhelms a person at which point the only spiritual fruits being shown are sour grapes.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Vet wrote:
" It's that underlined part I cannot agree with, at least not what that statement expresses the way it's written. You may not have meant it the way I interpret it at all. How I understand you is that God's Word is unchanging, though It is The Living Word, which I agree. But It's understanding FOR us being flexible does not mean to me to allow the varioius doctrines of men to get involved, which can only confuse the understanding God intended. "

Ok, i guess I certainly did not express myself as well as I should have. Allow me this as further understanding of my meaning... I have and amny people I know of... been able to read scripture and discover a meaning then the same scripture for different reasearch opens yet another meaning.. both absolutely valid, and in that I see the Word as Living - plus, I saw this because I remained flexible. Does that help convey my meaning better?

Yes. The way I describe that is with something new revealed putting it on a shelf until more time to look into it deeper. Two or more witnesses in His Word for verifying it, right? As for The Living Word idea, I agree. Each later generation is undoubtedly given to understand things in His Word which previous generations were not given. That's easily shown with Paul's idea of the 'mystery' of The Gospel going to the Gentiles, while it was partly hidden from the OT prophets God gave to write the prophecy down. Even with our Lord's Book of Revelation, I believe only in the past few decades has God really opened It up for those seeking to understand the end of days.

Questor

Messianic Gentile
Jun 11, 2012
SoCal Mountains
Faith
Country
United States
kaoticprofit said:
Veteran,

Isaiah 14 isn't about Satan. It's just what I said it's about. Israel, the Millennium, and the future MAN of sin and his fall. Isaiah 14 compares the prideful and evil nature of the Satan possessed Assyrian (man of sin) with the prideful evil nature of Satan.

Anti-christ is a Spirit that's been around since the fall of man. In the last days that same spirit will manifest itself in two of Satans servants. For me it's without question that in the last days there will come an evil political figure who has acquired the name 'anti-christ'. There are several names for him in scripture and the anti-christ isn't one of them but he will be the ultimate anti-christ. And an evil religious figure we call the false prophet. They are the dajjal and the Mahdi.

Now that it is clear that Islam is pushing 'Jesus, son of Mary' as a Prophet that is consistent with their theological history, is that gnostic prophet, 'Jesus, son of Mary' the person we call the False Prophet or the AntiChrist?

Islam seem to see this 'Jesus, son of Mary', as the savior of the world, and seems to be more the person we would call the AntiChrist, rather than the Mahdi, who is more the like future leader of a United Caliphate.

Q

Saint

Apr 7, 2012
Bible Belt
Seems to me that the Islamic Jesus or Isa as they call him is more likened to the False Prophet although I would agree that because he is considered the coming Islamic Messiah and would fit the description of what many would envision as the antichrist; but then what is the description of an antichrist; is it not one who denies the reality of a literal Son of God? Because of this all of Islam fits the description of antichrist!

Seems to me Q that you know much more than what you let on.

In Yeshua Messiah,

Bob

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
The Rev.19 Scripture about the "beast" and the "false prophet" and the "dragon" helps reveal who the Antichrist will be, and also who that "false prophet" will be.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
its understanding for us must be flexible if we really desire to know truth.

This understanding you do not agree with... hmmm... allow me to help you. Many times I have read scripture and received a rightful understanding along a certain path. Then later read the same scripture and recived a new understanding of a different nature and a different path... not colliding with the first understanding, or taking away any part of that first understanding. It is in this manner I include the word flexible. As far as it meaning this one time and then an opposing opposite ubdrstandig another time.. thay I do not mean. It is the " living " Word " of God which Scripture can ... move us.... down this righteous path one time and the same Scripture can guide us down another righteous path at another time.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Questor said:
Now that it is clear that Islam is pushing 'Jesus, son of Mary' as a Prophet that is consistent with their theological history, is that gnostic prophet, 'Jesus, son of Mary' the person we call the False Prophet or the AntiChrist?

Islam seem to see this 'Jesus, son of Mary', as the savior of the world, and seems to be more the person we would call the AntiChrist, rather than the Mahdi, who is more the like future leader of a United Caliphate.

Q
What are you asking kaoticprofit for, he's well deceived about the coming pseudo-Christ himself.

Islam does NOT see Jesus Christ as The Saviour. I don't know where the heck you're geting that idea from. Certainly not from me.

You do understand that IF Islamists actually believed our Lord Jesus is The Saviour of the world, then that would make every one of them guilty as infidels accordidng to the tenets of their own Islamic faith???

The coming Antichrist is going to be the devil himself. That's HOW all religions of the earth will claim he is 'their' saviour, including deceived Christian brethren who are not aware.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Veteran, for the Islamics to believe Jesus is their Saviour would make them guilty and infidels, but not in their minds. The Islams would sill contend them selves righteous. This is a fuindamental act of insanity in any false religion - the ability to distort truthg to their desires. duh

Actually the coming Anti-christ that is the Beast will not be Satan himself until the Abomination of Desolation or at the earliest.. when the Beast is healed of a mortal wound. This is why an inmage of the Beast which had the mortal wound is healed and is where Satan after taking over the body of that Beast gets the life from that e gives to the image. Consider that as my working model then tey to show your own that includes all the references I included, such as where the life comes from that Stan give to the image and why the image is even made etc...

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, veteran.

veteran said:
God uses the title of the Assyrian to point DIRECTLY to Satan himself in OT prophecy...

Isa 30:31-33
31 For through the voice of the LORD shall the Assyrian be beaten down, which smote with a rod.
32 And in every place where the grounded staff shall pass, which the LORD shall lay upon him, it shall be with tabrets and harps: and in battles of shaking will he fight with it.
33 For Tophet is ordained of old; yea, for the king it is prepared; He hath made it deep and large: the pile thereof is fire and much wood; the breath of the LORD, like a stream of brimstone, doth kindle it.
(KJV)

If one says that's about the historical king of Assyria, then they are saying the flesh king of Assyria has already been judged and sentenced to perish in that fire, which Tophet is being used to represent. Per God's Word, ONLY Satan and his angels have already been judged and sentenced to perish in that lake of fire. No lfesh born has been judged and sentenced to perish in that fire, yet.

Likewise in Isaiah 10, there's some passages that cannot apply to the flesh king of Assryia.
You all really need to focus on reading the context of the verses you use and interpret for yourselves. Let the Scriptures speak for themselves! LISTEN to what the prophets are actually saying! Quit reading into the Scriptures things you'd like for them to be saying!

Isaiah 28:1-31:9
28:1 Woe to the haughty crown of Efrayim’s drunks,
to the fading flower of its proud splendor,
located at the head of the rich valley
belonging to people overcome by wine!
2 Adonai has someone strong and powerful.
He comes like a hailstorm, a destructive tempest,
like a flood of water, rushing, overwhelming;
with his hand he hurls them to the ground.
3 The haughty crown of Efrayim’s drunks
is trampled underfoot;
4 and the fading flower of its proud splendor,
located at the head of the rich valley,
is like the first ripe fig of summer —
whoever sees it picks and eats it.
5 On that day, Adonai-Tzva’ot
will be a glorious crown,
a brilliant diadem
for the remnant of his people.
6 He will also be a spirit of justice
for whoever sits as a judge,
and a source of strength for those
repelling enemy attacks at the gate.

7 But there are others reeling from wine,
staggering about because of strong liquor;
cohen and prophet reel from strong liquor,
they are confused by wine.
Led astray by strong liquor,
they err in their visions and stumble when judging.
8 All tables are covered with vomit and feces,
not a single place is clean.
9 Can no one be taught anything?
Can no one understand the message?
Must one teach barely weaned toddlers,
babies just taken from the breast,
10 so that [one has to use nursery rhymes]? —
Tzav la-tzav, tzav la-tzav,
kav la-kav, kav la-kav
z‘eir sham, z‘eir sham
[Precept by precept, precept by precept,
line by line, line by line,
a little here, a little there].
11 So with stammering lips, in a foreign accent,
[Adonai] will speak to this people.
12 He once told this people, “It’s time to rest,
the exhausted can rest, now you can relax” —
but they wouldn’t listen.
13 So now the word of Adonai for them comes
“precept by precept, precept by precept,
line by line, line by line,
a little here, a little there,”
so that when they walk, they stumble backward,
and are broken, trapped and captured!
14 So listen to the word of Adonai, you scoffers,
composing taunts for this people in Yerushalayim:

15 Because you said, “We made a covenant with death,
we made a contract with Sh’ol.
When the raging flood passes through,
it will not touch us.
For we have made lies our refuge
and hid ourselves in falsehoods” —

16 therefore here is what Adonai Elohim says
:
“Look, I am laying in Tziyon

a tested stone, a costly cornerstone,
a firm foundation-stone;
he who trusts will not rush here and there.
17 I will make justice the plumbline
and righteousness the plumb-bob;
hail will sweep away the refuge of lies,
water will overflow the hiding place,
18 your covenant with death will be annulled,
and your contract with Sh’ol will not stand.
When the raging flood passes through,
you will be trampled down by it.
19 As often as it passes through, it will take you,
for it will pass through every morning,
day after day, night after night;
understanding the message will be sheer terror.”

20 For, [as the saying goes,]
“The bed is too short for a person to stretch,
and the blanket too narrow [to protect him from cold]
even if he crams himself in.”
21 For Adonai will arise, as at Mount P’ratzim,
and storm with rage, as in the Giv‘on Valley;
so he can do his deed, his strange deed,
and perform his task, his alien task.
22 Therefore, now, stop your scoffing,
or your bonds will be further tightened;
for I have heard from Adonai Elohim-
Tzva’ot that destruction is decreed for the whole land.

23 Listen and hear my voice;
pay attention, and hear what I say:
24 Does a farmer sowing keep plowing forever?
Does he never stop breaking up and harrowing his land?
25 No — when he finishes levelling it,
he scatters his dill-seed, sows his cumin,
puts wheat in rows, barley where it belongs,
and plants buckwheat around the edges;
26 because his God has taught him this,
has given him instruction.
27 Dill must not be threshed with a sledge
or cartwheels driven over cumin;
rather, dill one beats with a stick
and cumin with a flail.
28 When crushing grain for bread,
one doesn’t thresh it forever;
one drives the horse and cart wheels over it
but doesn’t crush it to powder.
29 This too comes from Adonai-Tzva’ot —
his counsel is wonderful, his wisdom great.

29:1 Woe to Ari’el [fireplace on God’s altar, lion of God] —
Ari’el, the city where David encamped!
Celebrate the feasts for a few more years,
2 but then I will bring trouble to Ari’el.
There will be mourning and moaning,
as she becomes truly an ari’el for me.
3 I will encamp all around you, besiege you with towers
and mount siege-works against you.
4 Prostrate, you will speak from the ground;
your words will be stifled by the dust;
your voice will sound like a ghost in the ground,
your words like squeaks in the dust.

5 But your many foes will become like fine powder,
the horde of tyrants like blowing chaff,
and it will happen very suddenly.
6 You will be visited by Adonai-Tzva’ot
with thunder, earthquakes and loud noises,
whirlwinds, tempests, flaming firestorms.

7 Then, all the nations fighting Ari’el,
every one at war with her,
the ramparts around her, the people that trouble her
will fade like a dream, like a vision in the night.
8 It will be like a hungry man dreaming he’s eating;
but when he wakes up, his stomach is empty;
or like a thirsty man dreaming he’s drinking;
but when he wakes up, he is dry and exhausted —
it will be like this for the horde of all nations
fighting against Mount Tziyon.

9 If you make yourselves stupid, you will stay stupid!
If you blind yourselves, you will stay blind!
You are drunk, but not from wine;
you are staggering, but not from strong liquor.
10 For Adonai has poured over you a spirit of lethargy;
he has closed your eyes (that is, the prophets)
and covered your heads (that is, the seers).
11 For you this whole prophetic vision
has become like the message in a sealed-up scroll.
When one gives it to someone who can read and says,
“Please read this,” he answers, “I can’t, because it’s sealed.”
12 If the scroll is given to someone who can’t read
with the request, “Please read this,” he says, “I can’t read.”

13 Then Adonai said:

“Because these people approach me with empty words,
and the honor they bestow on me is mere lip-service;
while in fact they have distanced their hearts from me,
and their ‘fear of me’ is just a mitzvah of human origin —
14 therefore, I will have to keep shocking these people
with astounding and amazing things,
until the ‘wisdom’ of their ‘wise ones’ vanishes,
and the ‘discernment’ of their ‘discerning ones’ is hidden away.”

15 Woe to those who burrow down deep
to hide their plans from Adonai!
They work in the dark and say to themselves,
“Nobody sees us, nobody knows us.”
16 How you turn things upside down! —
Is the potter not better than the clay,
Does something made say of its maker,
“He didn’t make me”?
Does the product say of its producer,
“He has no discernment”?

17 In but a little while the L’vanon (Lebanon)
will be turned into a fruitful field,
and the fruitful field regarded as a forest.
18 On that day the deaf
will hear the words of a book,
and out of gloom and darkness
the eyes of the blind will see.
19 The humble will again rejoice in Adonai
and the poor exult in the Holy One of Isra’el,
20 for the tyrant is now nothing, the scoffer is finished,
and all alert to do evil are cut off —
21 those whose words make a man out to be a sinner,
those who set traps for the arbitrator at the city gate,
and those who groundlessly deny justice
to the one in the right.

22 Therefore, here are the words of Adonai, who redeemed Avraham, concerning the house of Ya‘akov:

“Ya‘akov will no longer be ashamed,
no longer will his face grow pale.
23 When his descendants see the work of my hands
among them, they will consecrate my name.
Yes, they will consecrate the Holy one of Ya‘akov
and stand in awe of the God of Isra’el.
24 Those whose spirits stray will come to understand,
and those who complain will learn their lesson.

30:1 “Woe to the rebellious children,” says Adonai.
“They make plans, but the plans are not mine;
they develop alliances, but not from my Spirit,
in order to pile sin upon sin.
2 They go down to Egypt but don’t consult me,
seeking refuge in Pharaoh’s protection,
seeking shelter in Egypt’s shadow.
3 But Pharaoh’s protection will bring you shame,
shelter in Egypt’s shadow will lead to disgrace.
4 Though his princes are at Tzo‘an,
and his envoys have reached Hannes,
5 they all are disappointed
with a people that doesn’t help them,
who give no assistance and no advantage,
only disappointment and disgrace.”

6 A prophecy about the animals in the Negev:

In a land of trouble and anguish,
of lionesses and roaring lions,
of vipers and poisonous flying serpents,
they carry their riches on donkeys’ backs
and their treasures on camels’ humps
to a people who will not help them.
7 For Egypt’s help is worthless, pointless;
so I call her “Arrogance Doing Nothing.”
8 Now go, inscribe it on a tablet,
write it for them in a scroll,
so that on the final day it will be
a witness forever and ever.
9 For this is a rebellious people;
they are lying children,
children who refuse to hear
the Torah of Adonai.
10 They say to the seers, “Do not see!”
to those who have visions, “Do not tell us
the visions you have as they really are;
but flatter us, fabricate illusions!
11 Get out of the way! Leave the path!
Rid us of the Holy One of Isra’el!”

12 Therefore here is what the Holy One of Isra’el says:

“Because you reject this word,
trust in extortion and rely on deceit,
13 this sin will become for you
a crack bulging out high on a wall,
showing signs it is ready to fall;
then suddenly, all at once, it breaks.”

14 He will break it like a clay pot,
ruthlessly shattering it into pieces
so tiny not even a potsherd remains
for taking fire from the fireplace
or scooping water from the cistern.
15 For this is what Adonai Elohim,
the Holy One of Isra’el, says:

“Returning and resting is what will save you;
calmness and confidence will make you strong —
but you want none of this!
16 ‘No!’ you say, ‘We will flee on horseback!’
Therefore you will surely flee.
And, ‘We will ride on swift ones!’
So your pursuers will be swift.
17 A thousand will flee at the threat of one,
you all will flee at the threat of five,
until you are left isolated,
like a flagstaff on a mountaintop,
like a banner on a hill.”

18 Yet Adonai is just waiting to show you favor,
he will have pity on you from on high;
for Adonai is a God of justice;
happy are all who wait for him!
19 People in Tziyon, who live in Yerushalayim,
you will weep no more.
At the sound of your cry, he will show you his grace;
on hearing it, he will answer you.
20 Though Adonai may give you but bread and water,
and not very much of that;
your teacher will no longer hide himself,
but with your own eyes you will see your teacher.
21 With your ears you will hear a word from behind you:
“This is the way; stay on it,
whether you go to the right or the left.”
22 You will treat as unclean your silver-covered idols
and your cast metal images plated with gold;
you will throw them away, like menstrual cloths;
you will say to them, “Get out of here!”

23 Then he will give you rain for the seed
you use to sow your land;
and the food that comes from the ground
will be rich and abundant.
When that day comes, your cattle
will graze in spacious pastures.
24 The oxen and donkeys that work the land
will eat a tasty mixture,
winnowed free of chaff,
spread by pitchfork and shovel.
25 On every high mountain and lofty hill
will be streams and flowing brooks,
on a day of great slaughter,
when the towers fall.
26 Moreover, the light of the moon will be
as bright as the light of the sun;
and the light of the sun will be seven times stronger,
like the light of seven days [in one],
on the day Adonai binds up the wounds of his people
and heals the bruise caused by the blow.

27 Here comes the name of Adonai from afar,
his anger burning, in thick rising smoke.
His lips are full to the brim with fury,
his tongue a consuming fire.
28 His breath is like a racing torrent
that rises up to the neck,
to sift the nations with the sieve of destruction,
and put a bridle in the peoples’ mouths to lead them astray.
29 Your song will be like one that is sung
on a night when a holy feast is kept,
and your hearts will be happy,
as if walking to the sound of the flute,
to the mountain of Adonai,
to the Rock of Isra’el.
30 Adonai will make his glorious voice heard,
and he will reveal his arm descending
with furious anger in a flaming firestorm,
with cloudbursts, tempests and hailstones.
31 For Adonai’s voice will terrify Ashur,
as with his scepter he strikes them down.
32 Every sweep of the punishing rod
that Adonai imposes on him
will be to tambourines and lyres,
as he brandishes his arm against them in battle.
33 For the Tofet fire pit has long been ready,
prepared for the king, made large and deep,
with plenty of wood and blazing with fire;
like a stream of sulfur, Adonai’s breath sets it aflame.

31:1 Woe to those going down to Egypt
expecting help — relying on horses;
trusting in chariots, because they have many,
and in the strength of their cavalrymen —
but not looking to the Holy One of Isra’el,
not consulting Adonai.
2 But he too is wise and can bring disaster,
and he does not take back his words;
he will rise against the house of evildoers
and against the help of those who do wrong.
3 Now the Egyptians are men and not God,
and their horses flesh and not spirit.
So when Adonai stretches out his hand,
both he who helps will stumble,
and he who is helped will fall;
both will perish together.
4 For here is what Adonai says to me:
“As a lion or lion cub growls at its prey
and isn’t frightened away by the shouts
of hordes of shepherds called out against him —
their voices do not upset him —
so likewise Adonai-Tzva’ot will descend
to fight on Mount Tziyon, on its hill.
5 Like hovering birds, Adonai-Tzva’ot
will protect Yerushalayim.
In protecting it, he will rescue it;
in sparing it, he will save it.
6 People of Isra’el! Return to him
to whom you have been so deeply disloyal!
7 For on that day everyone will discard
his idols of silver and idols of gold,
which you made for yourselves
with your own sinful hands.
8 Then Ashur will fall by a sword not of mortals,
a sword, not of humans, will devour him;
he will flee before the sword,
and his young men will be put to forced labor.
9 His rock, out of terror, will pass away,
and his panicked officers will desert the standard.”
So says Adonai, whose fire is in Tziyon,
whose furnace is in Yerushalayim.
CJB

Don't look so closely at a few verses and think you know what it's talking about; look at the BIG picture! Look at the WHOLE context!

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Retrobyter wrote: " Don't look so closely at a few verses and think you know what it's talking about; look at the BIG picture! Look at the WHOLE context! "

Retrobyter.... that is good wisdom for ALL of us! However becasue we have human qualities (Some imperfections too) like an ego it is a most difficult to near impossible thing to do. So... we will continue allowing our imperfectness to filter our understanding without stopping the debates we hope to weed out the tares and discover the fruits of truth. and so we continue.