The Atlantic Article saying Trump dissed our troops

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... No need to over react ! Rita

Dearest Rita,

Well, the Norwegians nominated Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize for his negotiating a Peace Agreement between UAE and Israel; and now Trump has received an UNPRECEDENTED Second Nomination from a member of the Swedish Parliament for negotiating a Peace Agreement between Kosovo and Serbia; and as of TODAY (9/11) there's yet ANOTHER Peace Agreement announced between Bahrain and Israel --which could and SHOULD be an EXCEEDINGLY UNPRECEDENTED THIRD NOMINATION!!!

So that's the TRUTH; but the "SPIN" from the Liberals is given per the following observation:

It looks like Trump broke The Atlantic. In an all-out effort to defeat the president and oppose everything Trump does, The Atlantic has come out against the Nobel Peace Prize and even the pursuit of world peace. You can't make this stuff up.
https:// townhall. com/tipsheet/bronsonstocking/2020/09/11/the-atlantic-now-wants-to-cancel-the-nobel-peace-prize-after-trump-receives-nominations-n2576086​

So given your apparent perspective that we should only believe HALF of either side then we get:

95% of Negative News for the Trump Administration = ONLY BELIEVE 47.5%
5% of the TRUTH regarding the Trump Administration = ONLY BELIEVE 02.5%

-- Looks fair to me, -- WHEN I USE MY TINTED GLASSES!!!

But my REAL concern is where I believe we have the Two Witnesses in Trump and Pence, and a LARGE PERCENTAGE OF CHRISTIANS are SO INGRAINED IN THE WORLD that they OPPOSE these TWO WITNESSES. -- And THAT should alarm and frighten the ENTIRE Christian Community.

Matt. 7:21Not every one who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you evildoers.’

Bobby Jo

Last edited:
Reactions: Taken
R

Rita

Dearest Rita,

Well, the Norwegians nominated Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize for his negotiating a Peace Agreement between UAE and Israel; and now Trump has received an UNPRECEDENTED Second Nomination from a member of the Swedish Parliament for negotiating a Peace Agreement between Kosovo and Serbia; and as of TODAY (9/11) there's yet ANOTHER Peace Agreement announced between Bahrain and Israel --which could and SHOULD be an EXCEEDINGLY UNPRECEDENTED THIRD NOMINATION!!!

So that's the TRUTH; but the "SPIN" from the Liberals is given per the following observation:

It looks like Trump broke The Atlantic. In an all-out effort to defeat the president and oppose everything Trump does, The Atlantic has come out against the Nobel Peace Prize and even the pursuit of world peace. You can't make this stuff up.
https:// townhall. com/tipsheet/bronsonstocking/2020/09/11/the-atlantic-now-wants-to-cancel-the-nobel-peace-prize-after-trump-receives-nominations-n2576086​

So given your apparent perspective that we should only believe HALF of either side then we get:

95% of Negative News for the Trump Administration = ONLY BELIEVE 47.5%
5% of the TRUTH regarding the Trump Administration = ONLY BELIEVE 02.5%

-- Looks fair to me, -- WHEN I USE MY TINTED GLASSES!!!

But my REAL concern is where I believe we have the Two Witnesses in Trump and Pence, and a LARGE PERCENTAGE OF CHRISTIANS are SO INGRAINED IN THE WORLD that they OPPOSE these TWO WITNESSES. -- And THAT should alarm and frighten the ENTIRE Christian Community.

Matt. 7:21Not every one who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you evildoers.’

Bobby Jo
Yes I heard about the peace Prize nomination a few days ago, have to look at the link later x
Once again we have misunderstood one another, I know that because the conclusion you have reached about me is totally wrong. However as we are talking at cross purposes I fear trying to explain what I thought you meant, and why I responded with the 50/50 could well bring further misunderstandings.
With regards to the two witnesses, which I have heard you mention on a number of threads, which I am mulling over, you know, testing it !
Right I need to get ready for work

Rita

Reactions: Taken and Bobby Jo

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Were they there all the time?

Was the anonymous sources there all the time?
Someone doesn't have to be there "all the time" to hear a particular comment. You would need to be there "all the time" to be able say Trump didn't say it.

If you want to know their names- google it! they went public and are not hiding behind a cloak of anonymity. They are putting it out for all to see with their "signature" on it.

Anonymous sources these days have proven to be liars far more than they tell the truth.
This administration has a history of persecuting whistle blowers.

I watched the inquisitions that Trumps judicial appointments had to go through and how all those "anonymous sources" were just what the left needed to get on their high horses and claim moral outrage!
I don't know what you're talking about here. Do you?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, only take the part one likes. God hates and I hate what He hates.

Yes, I hate them with total hatred, for your enemies are my enemies. Psalm 139:22

I rethink nothing, they put me here.
You are not David. What will you be talking about next, killing Democrats to collect their foreskins?

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I heard about the peace Prize nomination a few days ago, have to look at the link later x
Once again we have misunderstood one another, I know that because the conclusion you have reached about me is totally wrong. However as we are talking at cross purposes I fear trying to explain what I thought you meant, and why I responded with the 50/50 could well bring further misunderstandings.
With regards to the two witnesses, which I have heard you mention on a number of threads, which I am mulling over, you know, testing it !
Right I need to get ready for work

Rita
It was an odd nomination since the UAE and Israel have never been in a state of war. It was a treaty, yes, but calling it a "peace treaty" is a little far fetched.

Would someone -- anyone -- please tell Donald Trump and company how to spell "Nobel"?

Trump campaign misspells 'Nobel' Peace Prize in ad to fundraise off his nomination, which anyone can get has a photo of an ad his campaign ran on Facebook:
  • The Trump campaign released an ad that incorrectly spelled Nobel as "Noble" to celebrate his second nomination for the Nobel Peace Prize.
  • A far-right Norwegian lawmaker again put forth President Donald Trump's name for the prestigious award, citing his role in normalizing ties between the United Arab Emirates and Israel.

5f5bac297ed0ee001e25ed60

R

Rita

@Rita The late Robert Maxwell seems also to have been the boss of some senior Labour figures in his time...
Yes, I do remember him but didn’t really delve into things when he was alive. He committed suicide , but it was quite suspicious. I believe it was just prior to a scandal being made public. His daughter looks a nasty piece of work as well. Rita

Reactions: Bobby Jo

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes, I do remember him but didn’t really delve into things when he was alive. He committed suicide , but it was quite suspicious. I believe it was just prior to a scandal being made public. His daughter looks a nasty piece of work as well. Rita
@Rita Some of these tycoons seem to have a finger in all sorts of pies, so to speak...

It was nearly 30 years ago now that Robert Maxwell disappeared off his yacht.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It's certainly a sad world where satan Steals, Kills, & Destroys!

Bobby Jo

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Someone doesn't have to be there "all the time" to hear a particular comment. You would need to be there "all the time" to be able say Trump didn't say it.

This administration has a history of persecuting whistle blowers.

I don't know what you're talking about here. Do you?

Well I trust those who surrounded Trump on this trip and went on record to say He never said that stuff. He was never alone and at least one of the people on the record were with him at almost every minute. so it would have to be someone in his inner circle very very close to him who would have had teh opportunity to hear this supposed statement.

Anything is possible but this statement is highly improbable given his record with military people.

As for persecuting whitelblowers? Every admin. does it. But go read the facts and learn that the Obama admin. was far more harsh with "whitleblowers".

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I trust those who surrounded Trump on this trip and went on record to say He never said that stuff. He was never alone and at least one of the people on the record were with him at almost every minute. so it would have to be someone in his inner circle very very close to him who would have had teh opportunity to hear this supposed statement.

Anything is possible but this statement is highly improbable given his record with military people.

As for persecuting whitelblowers? Every admin. does it. But go read the facts and learn that the Obama admin. was far more harsh with "whitleblowers".

OF COURSE THOSE WHO WERE PART OF HIS ENTOURAGE SPOKE UP, -- including Bolton who had a TREMENDOUS FALLING OUT with Trump defended him.

But some people (@Giuliano) prefer their politics over the TRUTH. :)
Bobby Jo

Reactions: Ronald Nolette

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But some people (@Giuliano) prefer their politics over the TRUTH.
Absolutely right. Truth means absolutely nothing to Democrats. But here's the latest. Atlantic is admitting that it lied. But instead of being totally honest they simply said "the story could be wrong". Which again proves that the truth means nothing to these evildoers.

Atlantic editor admits key claim in story could be wrong
Rush Limbaugh: The 'editor is admitting it. He confessed'

The editor-in-chief of The Atlantic who roiled the election with an article based on anonymous sources claiming President Trump denigrated the U.S. military now concedes that a key element of the story could be wrong.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Would someone -- anyone -- please tell Donald Trump and company how to spell "Nobel"?
What if they are simply trying to restore nobility to what has become a farcical peace prize (remember Obama who did nothing expect show that he is black?)

It's amazing that Biden did not get this award for maintaining peace and quiet in his basement, when he should be out there telling blacks "You ain't black if you don't vote for Biden".

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Giuliano said:

Am I the ONLY ONE hearing a baby cry?!? Maybe he needs his diaper changed ...

Would you rather correct someone's spelling, or acknowledge his TRIPLE-CROWN ACHIEVEMENT when NO OTHER "HORSE" has EVER won EVEN TWO. -- Don't answer, I already know how dishonest you are ...
Bobby Jo

PS For those "Trump-Bashers", -- don't you find it counter intuitive that the man you hate so much for so many "offenses" is focused on World Peace SO MUCH that he MISSPELLS "NOBEL"? -- Now Obama couldn't have cared less about the world, but HE CERTAINLY WAS FOCUSED ON WHAT HE NEVER DESERVED, and would have NEVER MISSPELLED that Award!

So Trump might assert:
Did'ja hear that I've been nominated TWICE for some kinda "Peace Award", -- I think it's called the Noble Prize? And I'll probably get a THIRD nomination, but who knows, -- we'll see!

Last edited:
Reactions: historyb

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely right. Truth means absolutely nothing to Democrats. But here's the latest. Atlantic is admitting that it lied. But instead of being totally honest they simply said "the story could be wrong". Which again proves that the truth means nothing to these evildoers.

Rush Limbaugh: The 'editor is admitting it. He confessed'

The editor-in-chief of The Atlantic who roiled the election with an article based on anonymous sources claiming President Trump denigrated the U.S. military now concedes that a key element of the story could be wrong.

So now you are criticizing a reporter for admitting he wasn't sure about every detail of that visit? He's evil for admitting that?

The "key claim" in that story is not if it was raining that day and that's why Trump decided not to go. Who can read minds? Only Trump knows for sure what his motives were.

The bombshell revelation is about "losers" and "suckers." That's the "key" element.
What if they are simply trying to restore nobility to what has become a farcical peace prize (remember Obama who did nothing expect show that he is black?)

It's amazing that Biden did not get this award for maintaining peace and quiet in his basement, when he should be out there telling blacks "You ain't black if you don't vote for Biden".
Ha, Trump is envious of everything Obama did. "Oh my, a black man got that prize, and that won't give it to me? I'm a white man. Must be discrimination or something."

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well, many Americans remember his insulting McCain and other military people, and that makes the alleged comments sound probable to them.

The Obama administration prosecuted eight people. They were prosecuted for things they had done under the Bush administration; and they were prosecuted under the espionage age. Chelsea Manning was one of those whistle blowers. Edward Snowden was another. You've probably heard of them. I think they deserved to be prosecuted myself.

Another guy, Jeff Sterling, was prosecuted for leaking information to the New York Times. If the CIA had plans to disrupt Iran's nuclear program, I don't think we should be reading about that in the New York Times.

Those eight people were not prosecuted because they annoyed Obama or threatened him personally. We see Obama acted on behalf of national security, not to protect himself. They had tried to undermine the Bush administration and resorted to leaking classified information. They hadn't annoyed or embarrassed Obama personally. On the contrary, Obama reduced Manning's sentence from 35 years to seven, so your statement about his being "harsh" seems inaccurate to me.

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, many Americans remember his insulting McCain and other military people, and that makes the alleged comments sound probable to them.

Yeah McCains diss was bad. But who else did Trump (your other military people) speak ill of their service?

You are taking rumors and one bad comment and anonymous sources and convicting Trump against His known and proven affection for the military!

YOu just have an anti Trump bias. That is okay. that is your privilege and right. But convicting anyone based on innuendo and unnamed sources in the light of named and specific sources is your serious problem. Your case would not stand in any court of American law.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah McCains diss was bad. But who else did Trump (your other military people) speak ill of their service?

You are taking rumors and one bad comment and anonymous sources and convicting Trump against His known and proven affection for the military!

YOu just have an anti Trump bias. That is okay. that is your privilege and right. But convicting anyone based on innuendo and unnamed sources in the light of named and specific sources is your serious problem. Your case would not stand in any court of American law.
Why not just ask me for what I mean? There is no need to say personal remarks about me, is there?

Try how he insulted Mattis.

Trump blasts Mattis as ‘the world’s most overrated general’

President Donald Trump called former Defense Secretary Jim Mattis “the world’s most overrated general” during a tense White House meeting Wednesday with lawmakers over the growing Syria/Turkey conflict, according to sources familiar with the meeting.
The incident wasn’t the first time Trump has attacked the popular former Marine Corps general, once one of his most highly praised Cabinet officials. But since Mattis announced his resignation from the top Defense Department job last December, the president’s view of Mattis has increasingly soured.

The latest incident came after Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., invoked Mattis during the White House meeting, saying that Trump’s decision to withdraw U.S. forces from northern Syria could help the Islamic State group resurface.
I get it that Trump was annoyed with Colin Powell, but his insults were over the top and inaccurate.

Colin Powell backs Biden

Powell, who didn’t vote for Trump in the 2016 election, becomes the latest former senior official to share his disagreement with the President’s handling of the ’Black Lives Matter’ movement following former defence secretary Jim Mattis last week.

President Trump publicly blamed Powell for starting the Iraq war blasting him ’stiff’ and ’overrated’.

Taking to Twitter, the President wrote: "Colin Powell, a real stiff who was very responsible for getting us into the disastrous Middle East Wars, just announced he will be voting for another stiff, Sleepy Joe Biden.

“Didn’t Powell say that Iraq had ’weapons of mass destruction’?

“They didn’t, but off we went to WAR."
The fact is that Powell was told the intelligence community was sure Saddam was working on weapons of mass destruction. On that basis, he gave that speech in the UN. Later when he found out the intelligence reports weren't as clear as he had been assured they were, Powell was annoyed and said so. That situation is more complex, but here is a link to an article from 2016 which includes remarks from Powell.

Here:Colin Powell: U.N. Speech "Was a Great Intelligence Failure"

I can understand's Trump frustration when the Khan couple showed up in 2016 at the Democratic convention. In a way, I wish families of fallen soldiers wouldn't get political; but they did, and Trump behaved poorly.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...b0aad4-5671-11e6-88eb-7dda4e2f2aec_story.html

Asked to comment on the convention speech of Khizr Khan, a Pakistani immigrant whose son, Army Capt. Humayun Khan, died in Iraq in 2004, Trump described Khan as “very emotional” and said he “probably looked like a nice guy to me” — then accused him of being controlled by the Clinton campaign.

“Who wrote that? Did Hillary’s scriptwriters write it?” he asked in an interview with ABC.

Trump also questioned why Khan’s wife, Ghazala, did not speak on stage, despite the fact that she sat for an interview with MSNBC the following day.

“His wife, if you look at his wife, she was standing there. She had nothing to say. She probably, maybe she wasn’t allowed to have anything to say,” he said. “You tell me, but plenty of people have written that. She was extremely quiet and it looked like she had nothing to say.”

I think we should be happy that some Muslims love our country enough to join the military and even die for it. Trump missed a chance to show he wasn't a bigot who hated all Muslims. He chose instead to make personal insulting remarks about the parents of a fallen soldier.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trump has done other things that didn't help him show he cared about the military. I don't know if the case was finally settled in court or if it's still bouncing around, but taking funds from the Pentagon to fund the wall on the Mexican border wasn't popular with the military.

Trump's use of Pentagon funds for US-Mexico border wall illegal, court rules

A federal appeals court in California on Friday ruled that the Trump administration’s use of Pentagon funding to build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border is illegal.

In a 2-1 ruling, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals found that President Trump’s diversion of defense, military and other funding — billions of dollars that were not originally earmarked for border wall construction — violated the Appropriations Clause of the Constitution, which gives Congress the exclusive power of the purse.

“These funds were appropriated for other purposes, and the transfer amounted to ‘drawing funds from the Treasury without authorization by statute and thus violating the Appropriations Clause,’ ” the majority wrote. “Therefore, the transfer of funds here was unlawful.”

I'm surprised the Democrats didn't impeach him over it. Then there was his statement about using the military to quell unrest in cities. That also didn't over too well. People don't join the army to act as policemen domestically. They didn't join in order to use force against their fellow Americans. I understand that under extraordinary circumstances, deploying the military might be useful; I don't see the need to use more than National Guard units. Deploying regular troops to help border agents also seems excessive.