The Atlantic Article saying Trump dissed our troops

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the more hate I see from the right, the more I think they're mentally off. If facts aren't on your side, you can still succumb to hate.
You think that facts keep people from hating others?? Only the love of Jesus sets us free from hate! And I don’t think it matters which side hate comes from. Hate is wrong from either side!!!

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you allow hate in your heart, then how are you different from the liberals you say that you hate? Hate is the devil's MO. We need to pray for those who hate God--that they will see the Light! We are the light of the world, which God loved so much that He sent His Son...! We are to love others as He loves us!

No, God hate and I hate as He does in the Psalms. I can not at this time pray any libs see the light, I am praying imprecatory prayer for the lot of right now as King David did in his time.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, God hate and I hate as He does in the Psalms. I can not at this time pray any libs see the light, I am praying imprecatory prayer for the lot of right now as King David did in his time.
You need to seriously rethink that and go with what Jesus said.

Matthew 5:43-48--“You have heard that it was said, Love your neighbor and hate your enemy. But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. For He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. For if you love those who love you, what reward will you have? Don’t even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing out of the ordinary? Don’t even the Gentiles do the same? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
David was appointed by God Himself to act as a shepherd over the nation of Israel. David's hate was directed at people who acted like wolves acting the sheep. Who appointed you king?

Last edited:
R

Rita

Really? Hillary's "Right Wing Conspiracy" assertions regarding Bill's sexual "encounters" were FABRICATIONS? REALLY?

You have a distorted view of the TRUTH, and I suspect that NO AMOUNT OF EVIDENCE can dissuade it.

... THANKS to @Candidus for this link!​

Bobby Jo
Sorry but all I stated was the right can spin things as well- please can you tell me what Truth I am distorting ?
Do you honestly believe that one side is perfect and never does anything wrong. Maybe ‘ spin ‘ means something different in the USA, or maybe I have misunderstood the meaning. Rita

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry but all I stated was the right can spin things as well- please can you tell me what Truth I am distorting ?
Do you honestly believe that one side is perfect and never does anything wrong. Maybe ‘ spin ‘ means something different in the USA, or maybe I have misunderstood the meaning. Rita

This OP is about whether Trump disrespected our Troops during an attempted visit to a WWI cemetery. And so we see the Liberals creating a FALSE ACCUSATION, refuted by some half a dozen witnesses including a John Bolton who apparently is "at-odds" with Trump. So this really isn't about "spin", but instead is about Whole Cloth Fabricated LIES. And looking at the Conservative's response, there's also no "spin", -- they simply provided the justification for the cancellation both by Helicopter and Vehicle travel, with the aforementioned witnesses.

And as already cited by @Candidus, the "Atlantic" Editor-in-Chief is distancing the publication from the article: “This is about a sub-issue, about whether or not Trump wanted to go to the cemetery [Aisne-Marne] that day or didn’t want to go to the cemetery that day. I think this is not the main issue.” -- "John Nolte: Atlantic EIC Jeffrey Goldberg Begins Walkback of Anonymous Trump Hit"; 9/9/2020

So what you attribute to "SPIN" by both parties is FALSE. There's only Bald Faced LIES on one side, and the TRUTH on the other, -- or so the evidence would seem to support!

Perhaps your glasses are "tinted"?
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
FOX Owners include Rupert Murdoch, who partnered with"Disney" which is extremely liberal, and are simply milking the conservative audiences. -- It's how corporations make money.

Yeah, we can't trust ANYONE.
Bobby Jo

Lolz, and with what I see from commenters on social media, some somehow complain of Rupert being conservative in Australia.....

Here we go, his son James Murdoch left News Corp over disagreements with Rupert Murdoch, including with some disagreements about climate change.

Rupert Murdoch's son James quits News Corp

Last edited:

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So the right can spin things as much as the left !!
That’s why I hate the build up to any elections - it just becomes a free for all!
Actually it will be good to watch a live debate as I can usually tell the signs of demencia - so I will keep an open mind until I can see it x

Joe had a stuttering speech problem from a young age, found this out last month, when they were having the Democratic Convention.

I know what speech problems are like, even though I wasn't really a stutterer, I went to a speech pathologist when I was a kid to help improve pronunciation of words.

Reactions: Giuliano

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She talked to people she trusted who were there. As for the six people you say were there, who were they? I know Bolton said he didn't hear Trump say those things -- I'd be surprised if Trump would have dared to talk like that around Bolton. Bolton is a bold person, I can't see Trump bullying him. Bolton would have called Trump out if he said that kind of thing around him; and it would have been in his book.

But who are the other five? Were they with Trump every minute? Perhaps he said those things when they weren't around. I'd also like to know if they are afraid of being fired by Trump if they still work for him or if they're intimidated by him. Then too, I've no doubt Trump has people working for him who would lie for him.

I know some generals were asked about it, and they declined to talk about it. Many retired military officers do not think it appropriate to criticize a sitting President.

A reporter can't be everywhere. They earn the trust of people by reporting what they are told fairly; and reporters also do not trust just anyone. Often they try to verify something with other sources. Over time if someone has not misled a reporter, the reporter may choose to print something without a second source. If someone does lie to a reporter and it gets printed, the reporter gets into trouble if facts come out that expose their story as wrong. Too many bad stories, and the reporter's career can be over. I trust the Fox reporter. Her colleagues speak highly of her. I've heard too many lies from Trump to take him seriously.

See to justify your animosity to Trump, you now have to qualify things.

Were they there all the time?

Was the anonymous sources there all the time?

If you want to know their names- google it! they went public and are not hiding behind a cloak of anonymity. They are putting it out for all to see with their "signature" on it.

Anonymous sources these days have proven to be liars far more than they tell the truth.

I watched the inquisitions that Trumps judicial appointments had to go through and how all those "anonymous sources" were just what the left needed to get on their high horses and claim moral outrage!

R

Rita

This OP is about whether Trump disrespected our Troops during an attempted visit to a WWI cemetery. And so we see the Liberals creating a FALSE ACCUSATION, refuted by some half a dozen witnesses including a John Bolton who apparently is "at-odds" with Trump. So this really isn't about "spin", but instead is about Whole Cloth Fabricated LIES. And looking at the Conservative's response, there's also no "spin", -- they simply provided the justification for the cancellation both by Helicopter and Vehicle travel, with the aforementioned witnesses.

And as already cited by @Candidus, the "Atlantic" Editor-in-Chief is distancing the publication from the article: “This is about a sub-issue, about whether or not Trump wanted to go to the cemetery [Aisne-Marne] that day or didn’t want to go to the cemetery that day. I think this is not the main issue.” -- "John Nolte: Atlantic EIC Jeffrey Goldberg Begins Walkback of Anonymous Trump Hit"; 9/9/2020

So what you attribute to "SPIN" by both parties is FALSE. There's only Bald Faced LIES on one side, and the TRUTH on the other, -- or so the evidence would seem to support!

Perhaps your glasses are "tinted"?
Bobby Jo
Not wearing rose colour glasses, not on this occasion anyway! Lol
When I made the comment earlier about both sides playing games and ‘ spin ‘It was linked to something Giuliano said. He made the comment about Biden not having demencia, now that whole issue has been in the media for some time and very much used by the right to damage the left. Now if it is not actually true, then the right have done exactly the same as the left. So my point was about the games that both political parties do leading up to an election, and it happens in nearly every country.
So it was a general comment, not so much linked to the OP. I have no idea if the OP is true, I wasn’t there so I didn’t hear the conversation, nor were you. I stated in another post that I felt it’s was too close to the election to be anything but game playing. However none of us can know 100% whether it was true or false. So I will keep an open mind on it.
Rita

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... Giuliano ... made the comment about Biden not having demencia ...
Isn't it interesting that the Liberals accuse the Conservatives of what THEY'RE guilty of. In the case of "health", mental or otherwise, -- it was Hillary who had a "brain disorder" which required her to wear Blue Zeiss glasses (1); and Biden who's mental lapses (2) are so severe (apparently caused by his one or two brain aneurysms) that he has to greet his Vice Presidential nominee with a SCRIPT? And yet the "Deep State" attempted to remove the newly elected Trump from Office (3) under the 25 Amendment? -- REALLY?

"SPIN" is what the Liberals blame on BOTH sides, but in practice the Liberals are guilty of LIES; and the Conservatives are guilty of the TRUTH.

(1)
A New York ophthalmologist told FoxNews.com that special glasses former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was seen wearing last year are used to treat double vision, which is sometimes caused by severe head trauma.

Dr. Marc Werner explained the purpose of the Fresnel prism eyeglasses, like the ones Clinton wore, amid questions about the potential presidential candidate's health. The subject was raised after Karl Rove commented on her time in and out of the hospital in December 2012.

"In order to see one object, your eyes need to be pointed in the same direction. If your eyes are misaligned, one way to optically align them is to put a prism ... on your glasses," Werner said.

In late 2012, Clinton was suffering from a stomach virus when she fell at her home, struck her head and endured a concussion, according to her representatives. Doctors later discovered a blood clot behind her right ear. Werner says severe head trauma could have caused double vision and Clinton's need for Fresnel prism glasses.

"Any issue which raises intracranial pressure can damage one of the nerves which moves the eye around, and if it damages one of the nerves, your eyes will be misaligned -- maybe temporarily, maybe more permanently," Werner said.

https: //www. foxnews.com/health/ophthalmologist-says-glasses-worn-by-clinton-used-to-treat-double-vision
(2)
The chief White House doctor to former President Barack Obama is worried about the mental health and stamina of former Vice President Joe Biden, suggesting that “something is not right” with the Democratic presidential nominee.

“The best way I can describe him every time I see him is that he’s just lost,” said Dr. Ronny Jackson, the former White House physician to Obama and President Trump.

“I won’t make any particular diagnosis about dementia. ... But what I will say is that something is not right,” added the retired Navy rear admiral who recently won a House GOP primary in Texas.

And it is getting so bad that he is “not comfortable” with Biden being commander in chief. “I’m not,” he said of the top Democrat, set to be nominated by the Democratic Party for president on Thursday.

https:// www. washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/biden-is-just-lost-says-obamas-white-house-doctor
(3)
There have been multiple stories about people close to the president questioning his fitness for the office. One of the most notable came this month, when an anonymous administration official wrote an opinion piece for the New York Times alleging that Trump’s “instability” had Cabinet members quietly discussing the removal procedures in the amendment early in Trump’s first year.

Such whispers got a poster child Friday afternoon, with a Times report identifying Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein as having discussed the 25th Amendment in conversations at the Justice Department after Trump fired James B. Comey as FBI director. According to the Times, Rosenstein told then-FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, himself fired earlier this year, that “he might be able to persuade Attorney General Jeff Sessions and John F. Kelly, then the secretary of homeland security and now the White House chief of staff, to mount an effort to invoke the 25th Amendment.”

https:// www. washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/09/21/how-removal-under-th-amendment-works-beginners-guide/

Maybe your "sources" (including those in this Forum) wear tinted glasses?
Bobby Jo

R

Rita

Isn't it interesting that the Liberals accuse the Conservatives of what THEY'RE guilty of. In the case of "health", mental or otherwise, -- it was Hillary who had a "brain disorder" which required her to wear Blue Zeiss glasses (1); and Biden who's mental lapses (2) are so severe (apparently caused by his one or two brain aneurysms) that he has to greet his Vice Presidential nominee with a SCRIPT? And yet the "Deep State" attempted to remove the newly elected Trump from Office (3) under the 25 Amendment? -- REALLY?

"SPIN" is what the Liberals blame on BOTH sides, but in practice the Liberals are guilty of LIES; and the Conservatives are guilty of the TRUTH.

(1)
A New York ophthalmologist told FoxNews.com that special glasses former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was seen wearing last year are used to treat double vision, which is sometimes caused by severe head trauma.

Dr. Marc Werner explained the purpose of the Fresnel prism eyeglasses, like the ones Clinton wore, amid questions about the potential presidential candidate's health. The subject was raised after Karl Rove commented on her time in and out of the hospital in December 2012.

"In order to see one object, your eyes need to be pointed in the same direction. If your eyes are misaligned, one way to optically align them is to put a prism ... on your glasses," Werner said.

In late 2012, Clinton was suffering from a stomach virus when she fell at her home, struck her head and endured a concussion, according to her representatives. Doctors later discovered a blood clot behind her right ear. Werner says severe head trauma could have caused double vision and Clinton's need for Fresnel prism glasses.

"Any issue which raises intracranial pressure can damage one of the nerves which moves the eye around, and if it damages one of the nerves, your eyes will be misaligned -- maybe temporarily, maybe more permanently," Werner said.

https: //www. foxnews.com/health/ophthalmologist-says-glasses-worn-by-clinton-used-to-treat-double-vision
(2)
The chief White House doctor to former President Barack Obama is worried about the mental health and stamina of former Vice President Joe Biden, suggesting that “something is not right” with the Democratic presidential nominee.

“The best way I can describe him every time I see him is that he’s just lost,” said Dr. Ronny Jackson, the former White House physician to Obama and President Trump.

“I won’t make any particular diagnosis about dementia. ... But what I will say is that something is not right,” added the retired Navy rear admiral who recently won a House GOP primary in Texas.

And it is getting so bad that he is “not comfortable” with Biden being commander in chief. “I’m not,” he said of the top Democrat, set to be nominated by the Democratic Party for president on Thursday.

https:// www. washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/biden-is-just-lost-says-obamas-white-house-doctor
(3)
There have been multiple stories about people close to the president questioning his fitness for the office. One of the most notable came this month, when an anonymous administration official wrote an opinion piece for the New York Times alleging that Trump’s “instability” had Cabinet members quietly discussing the removal procedures in the amendment early in Trump’s first year.

Such whispers got a poster child Friday afternoon, with a Times report identifying Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein as having discussed the 25th Amendment in conversations at the Justice Department after Trump fired James B. Comey as FBI director. According to the Times, Rosenstein told then-FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, himself fired earlier this year, that “he might be able to persuade Attorney General Jeff Sessions and John F. Kelly, then the secretary of homeland security and now the White House chief of staff, to mount an effort to invoke the 25th Amendment.”

https:// www. washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/09/21/how-removal-under-th-amendment-works-beginners-guide/
Maybe your "sources" (including those in this Forum) wear tinted glasses?
Bobby Jo
Lol - the sources were on the forum, I have enough problems with the English media without watching the USA channels. I was just making a general point bobbyjo , a general observation.
No need to over react ! Rita

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to seriously rethink that and go with what Jesus said.

Ah, only take the part one likes. God hates and I hate what He hates.

Yes, I hate them with total hatred, for your enemies are my enemies. Psalm 139:22

I rethink nothing, they put me here.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, only take the part one likes. God hates and I hate what He hates.

Yes, I hate them with total hatred, for your enemies are my enemies. Psalm 139:22

I rethink nothing, they put me here.
I don’t know what part of “love your enemies” you don’t get, but if you’re intent on hating people, there’s nothing more I can say. However, I have prayed for you.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t know what part of “love your enemies” you don’t get, but if you’re intent on hating people, there’s nothing more I can say. However, I have prayed for you.

I wonder why Psalm 139 is not God's Word

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder why Psalm 139 is not God's Word
It is what King David said, and I think it was Enoch who gave you an explanation for why David said it. But it was not a command from God.

Who is your Lord, David or Jesus? Which one are you supposed to obey and emulate?