The Atlantic Article saying Trump dissed our troops

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dearest Rita,

Well, the Norwegians nominated Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize for his negotiating a Peace Agreement between UAE and Israel; and now Trump has received an UNPRECEDENTED Second Nomination from a member of the Swedish Parliament for negotiating a Peace Agreement between Kosovo and Serbia; and as of TODAY (9/11) there's yet ANOTHER Peace Agreement announced between Bahrain and Israel --which could and SHOULD be an EXCEEDINGLY UNPRECEDENTED THIRD NOMINATION!!!

So that's the TRUTH; but the "SPIN" from the Liberals is given per the following observation:

It looks like Trump broke The Atlantic. In an all-out effort to defeat the president and oppose everything Trump does, The Atlantic has come out against the Nobel Peace Prize and even the pursuit of world peace. You can't make this stuff up.
https:// townhall. com/tipsheet/bronsonstocking/2020/09/11/the-atlantic-now-wants-to-cancel-the-nobel-peace-prize-after-trump-receives-nominations-n2576086​

So given your apparent perspective that we should only believe HALF of either side then we get:

95% of Negative News for the Trump Administration = ONLY BELIEVE 47.5%
5% of the TRUTH regarding the Trump Administration = ONLY BELIEVE 02.5%

-- Looks fair to me, -- WHEN I USE MY TINTED GLASSES!!!

But my REAL concern is where I believe we have the Two Witnesses in Trump and Pence, and a LARGE PERCENTAGE OF CHRISTIANS are SO INGRAINED IN THE WORLD that they OPPOSE these TWO WITNESSES. -- And THAT should alarm and frighten the ENTIRE Christian Community.

Matt. 7:21Not every one who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you evildoers.’

Bobby Jo

God knows exactly what is Transpiring.
When a man has the Truth to stand on, he knows both the Truth and the Lie.
When a man has a Lie to stand on, that is all he's got.

Trust God,
PRAY For our Nation,

Taken

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why not just ask me for what I mean? There is no need to say personal remarks about me, is there?

Try how he insulted Mattis.

Trump blasts Mattis as ‘the world’s most overrated general’

President Donald Trump called former Defense Secretary Jim Mattis “the world’s most overrated general” during a tense White House meeting Wednesday with lawmakers over the growing Syria/Turkey conflict, according to sources familiar with the meeting.
The incident wasn’t the first time Trump has attacked the popular former Marine Corps general, once one of his most highly praised Cabinet officials. But since Mattis announced his resignation from the top Defense Department job last December, the president’s view of Mattis has increasingly soured.

The latest incident came after Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., invoked Mattis during the White House meeting, saying that Trump’s decision to withdraw U.S. forces from northern Syria could help the Islamic State group resurface.
I get it that Trump was annoyed with Colin Powell, but his insults were over the top and inaccurate.

Colin Powell backs Biden

Powell, who didn’t vote for Trump in the 2016 election, becomes the latest former senior official to share his disagreement with the President’s handling of the ’Black Lives Matter’ movement following former defence secretary Jim Mattis last week.

President Trump publicly blamed Powell for starting the Iraq war blasting him ’stiff’ and ’overrated’.

Taking to Twitter, the President wrote: "Colin Powell, a real stiff who was very responsible for getting us into the disastrous Middle East Wars, just announced he will be voting for another stiff, Sleepy Joe Biden.

“Didn’t Powell say that Iraq had ’weapons of mass destruction’?

“They didn’t, but off we went to WAR."
The fact is that Powell was told the intelligence community was sure Saddam was working on weapons of mass destruction. On that basis, he gave that speech in the UN. Later when he found out the intelligence reports weren't as clear as he had been assured they were, Powell was annoyed and said so. That situation is more complex, but here is a link to an article from 2016 which includes remarks from Powell.

Here:Colin Powell: U.N. Speech "Was a Great Intelligence Failure"

I can understand's Trump frustration when the Khan couple showed up in 2016 at the Democratic convention. In a way, I wish families of fallen soldiers wouldn't get political; but they did, and Trump behaved poorly.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...b0aad4-5671-11e6-88eb-7dda4e2f2aec_story.html

Asked to comment on the convention speech of Khizr Khan, a Pakistani immigrant whose son, Army Capt. Humayun Khan, died in Iraq in 2004, Trump described Khan as “very emotional” and said he “probably looked like a nice guy to me” — then accused him of being controlled by the Clinton campaign.

“Who wrote that? Did Hillary’s scriptwriters write it?” he asked in an interview with ABC.

Trump also questioned why Khan’s wife, Ghazala, did not speak on stage, despite the fact that she sat for an interview with MSNBC the following day.

“His wife, if you look at his wife, she was standing there. She had nothing to say. She probably, maybe she wasn’t allowed to have anything to say,” he said. “You tell me, but plenty of people have written that. She was extremely quiet and it looked like she had nothing to say.”

I think we should be happy that some Muslims love our country enough to join the military and even die for it. Trump missed a chance to show he wasn't a bigot who hated all Muslims. He chose instead to make personal insulting remarks about the parents of a fallen soldier.

Would you like that I quote from the news that Trump revamped the VA that was killing our vets by slow slow service?

that He got our troops raises?

He has gone to JBA to welcome home many fallen heroes?

He has visited many troops and praised them?

REsupplied our depleted military?

Has some of the highest % of the military vote fro Him?

YOu pick some people who pissed Trump off and he responded.

As for POwell? I hope you were as merciful to Bush who received the same bad intel that led us to war! I for one am very disappointed in Powell now that he gone liberal.

I wonder went on behind the scenes that got Trump so angry at Mattis.

so once again the tidal wave of evidence shows that Trump loves the military, though he may not have liked several within the military.

Trump gets in the trenches in campaigns, and as a New York Palooka, though rude and crude, it is Trump to dis McCain the way he did.

As for the Muslim soldier- and you fell for the bait of just simply assuming because he dissed one Muslim, he hates all Muslims. That is just being a shumer and Pelosi lackey.

Just like the lies from the left calling Trump anti-Muslim when he put travel bans on people from 5 Muslim nations. Not one was one of the top 5 Muslim populated nations and comprised less than 12% of the Muslim population in foreign countries.

A federal appeals court in California on Friday ruled that the Trump administration’s use of Pentagon funding to build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border is illegal.

This was overturned by SCOTUS. The 9th circus is known for its far left rulings. three sections of USC allow for pentagon funds to build a border wall.

In a 2-1 ruling, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals found that President Trump’s diversion of defense, military and other funding — billions of dollars that were not originally earmarked for border wall construction — violated the Appropriations Clause of the Constitution, which gives Congress the exclusive power of the purse.

That was proven false in the same SCOTUS ruling. Once defense gets funding fro construction, unless it is specifically earmarked for specific projects, the DOD can use it for any construction project.

I'm surprised the Democrats didn't impeach him over it. Then there was his statement about using the military to quell unrest in cities. That also didn't over too well. People don't join the army to act as policemen domestically. They didn't join in order to use force against their fellow Americans. I understand that under extraordinary circumstances, deploying the military might be useful; I don't see the need to use more than National Guard units. Deploying regular troops to help border agents also seems excessive.

they couldn't because he acted completely within the law!

I am not in favor of violating posse comitatus, but when leftist politicians will not quell the looting and violence and assaults in their own city, something must be done to stop what some of the left called "The Summer of Love".

What about the rights of the property owners who had all their goods looted and their buildings destroyed though they di dnothing to any of teh blacks killed by police?

The military can be used to secure the border from foreign illegal intrusion into our country when violence and criminal activity are known to occur.

Given the amount of murders and violent crimes committed by illegals in border states, MS-13 and other gangs, and the drug cartels pouring theior poison across our southern border- it is completely justified!

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you like that I quote from the news that Trump revamped the VA that was killing our vets by slow slow service?

that He got our troops raises?

He has gone to JBA to welcome home many fallen heroes?

He has visited many troops and praised them?

REsupplied our depleted military?

Has some of the highest % of the military vote fro Him?
No doubt about it the military vote helped him get elected in 2016. I would say it was critical in a few key states. He's not as popular with the military now.

YOu pick some people who pissed Trump off and he responded.
So you find insulting people and distorting the truth acceptable if someone annoys you?

As for POwell? I hope you were as merciful to Bush who received the same bad intel that led us to war! I for one am very disappointed in Powell now that he gone liberal.
I don't think Powell is a liberal. Why toss labels around like that? If you don't like someone, does that make him a liberal? I'd say he conservative and Trump isn't.

I wonder went on behind the scenes that got Trump so angry at Mattis.

so once again the tidal wave of evidence shows that Trump loves the military, though he may not have liked several within the military.

Trump gets in the trenches in campaigns, and as a New York Palooka, though rude and crude, it is Trump to dis McCain the way he did.
From the poll I saw of military people, I don't think they agree with you that he loves the military.

As for the Muslim soldier- and you fell for the bait of just simply assuming because he dissed one Muslim, he hates all Muslims. That is just being a shumer and Pelosi lackey.
Are you always this illogical? I never said he hated all Muslims. I said he had a chance to prove he didn't and then didn't take it. That gave his opponents to say he hated all Muslims -- but they said that, I didn't.
Just like the lies from the left calling Trump anti-Muslim when he put travel bans on people from 5 Muslim nations. Not one was one of the top 5 Muslim populated nations and comprised less than 12% of the Muslim population in foreign countries.
No, and he left out some countries which did have a history of being places where terrorists came from. It was a strange list.

This was overturned by SCOTUS. The 9th circus is known for its far left rulings. three sections of USC allow for pentagon funds to build a border wall.
If you want to try to be clever to impress me by making fun of the ninth circuit calling it the ninth circus, frankly it makes you look juvenile to me. Adults don't make that sort of cheap remark in my opinion.

From what I can find, you are mistaken too. It was not overturned as of July 22, 2020. Are you just making things up? I begin to wonder about your sincerity. Are you believing what you want to believe is true? Can we be serious?

Opponents of border wall ask court to lift year-old stay and halt construction - SCOTUSblog

It has been just under a year since a divided Supreme Court allowed the government to spend federal funds on the construction of President Donald Trump’s border wall while a legal challenge proceeded. Opponents of the wall returned to the Supreme Court on Wednesday, asking the justices to revisit the issue and order a temporary halt to the construction. Otherwise, they argued, the government will achieve “a complete victory despite having lost in every court,” because it will be able to finish the parts of the wall that are the subject of the ongoing litigation before that litigation concludes.

Wednesday’s filing from the Sierra Club and the Southern Borders Communities Coalition is the latest development in the dispute over funding for the wall along the U.S. border with Mexico. The groups sued to stop the wall last year, arguing that government officials did not have the power to spend more than Congress had already allocated for border security. In particular, the plaintiffs contended, the government could not spend $2.5 billion originally earmarked for military-personnel funds, which the Department of Defense had redirected to counter-narcotics funds so that the money could be used for the wall.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was proven false in the same SCOTUS ruling. Once defense gets funding fro construction, unless it is specifically earmarked for specific projects, the DOD can use it for any construction project.
Money given to the defense department is supposed to be spent on military projects, not diverted by the President for other things. Trump also diverted funds meant to be used to fight narco-trafficking.

Using the argument which you gave means Congress in the future might be a lot more careful in being very specific earmarking things to prevent future abuses. I think that would be unfortunate since I'd like to see the Pentagon have some flexibility in how they spend money; but if you have a President like Trump, then I can see limiting their flexibility. It annoyed some Republicans too.

Congress Warns Pentagon Not to Move Money to Fund Trump Wall

WASHINGTON - Lawmakers from both parties told Pentagon leaders on Wednesday that the Defense Department is undermining its own efforts to get military money by diverting billions of dollars for the construction of President Donald Trump's U.S.-Mexico border wall.

The chairman of the House Armed Services Committee and the committee's top Republican warned Defense Secretary Mark Esper that overturning congressional funding decisions to shift money for the wall is an enormous problem that will have consequences.

The plan to shift money has triggered rare Republican opposition to one of Trump's priorities.

Rep. Mac Thornberry, R-Texas, said the result may be that Congress will place greater restrictions on the Pentagon's ability to move money around to meet military needs. The chairman, Democratic Rep. Adam Smith of Washington, said the money transfer is "very, very damaging to the Pentagon."

"The message it sends is the Pentagon has plenty of money," said Smith, adding that it "undercuts any arguments for any need for resources."

If I was in Congress, I'd be skeptical about how much money the Pentagon was requesting each year. They apparently have money to burn. They don't need it. They can divert it to build Trump's wall after he couldn't get Congress to give him that money. Do you know what got cut?

The Pentagon announced this month that it was slashing billions of dollars in funding for Navy and Air Force aircraft and other military programs to free up money for the construction of the wall.

Esper approved the $3.8 billion border wall request from the Department of Homeland Security, and the Pentagon acknowledged that more cuts could be coming to provide additional dollars for the wall. Trump has repeatedly claimed that Mexico is paying for his promised "big beautiful wall," but that has never happened.

The Pentagon's decision, announced in "reprogramming" documents provided to lawmakers, stripped money from major aircraft and procurement programs that touch Republican and Democratic districts and states.

Despite congressional opposition, Trump faced no consequences when making similar transfers last year, when the Pentagon canceled dozens of military construction projects to free up $3.6 billion and transferred $2.5 billion in counterdrug money.

they couldn't because he acted completely within the law!
That remains to be seen; and impeachment rules are not the same as rules for criminal courts.

I am not in favor of violating posse comitatus, but when leftist politicians will not quell the looting and violence and assaults in their own city, something must be done to stop what some of the left called "The Summer of Love".

What about the rights of the property owners who had all their goods looted and their buildings destroyed though they di dnothing to any of teh blacks killed by police?
The solution is not having the President in charge of everything. Local and state governments fail a lot in many areas -- but surely the solution isn't having an all powerful President who's supposed to fix everything.

The military can be used to secure the border from foreign illegal intrusion into our country when violence and criminal activity are known to occur.

Given the amount of murders and violent crimes committed by illegals in border states, MS-13 and other gangs, and the drug cartels pouring theior poison across our southern border- it is completely justified!
That's not what they were doing. They weren't allowed to do that sort of thing. They did things like clearing brush and handling communications. They acted as support units on the theory it would free up border agents who had been doing those things.

I do remind you that the US military's job is not the enforcement of drug laws. We have other government agencies that should be doing that. We have police who are supposed to be preventing murder and other crimes. It's asking for trouble if we give the US military too much influence in internal affairs -- that's how other countries have done it, and then they wind up with the military overthrowing the government. It's a bad attitude for the military to overreach and think they should step in to anything and everything if they feel like it.

Why not hire more border agents if they needed more? Do you know why the Trump administration didn't hire enough? Congress gave Trump the money to hire more. He did hire more, but he couldn't find enough people to fill all the positions Congress had provided funds for. Not many people want the job. So Trump gave the jobs no one else would take to the army.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No doubt about it the military vote helped him get elected in 2016. I would say it was critical in a few key states. He's not as popular with the military now.

Well maybe by 1/10th of 1%

So you find insulting people and distorting the truth acceptable if someone annoys you?

That is a different question for a different issue.

From the poll I saw of military people, I don't think they agree with you that he loves the military.

Well if you trust polls, can't help that! they are getting more and more unreliable. The past 6 years should have proven that beyond a doubt. too many polls, with too few samplings with too many respondents skewed to one bias.

Are you always this illogical? I never said he hated all Muslims. I said he had a chance to prove he didn't and then didn't take it. That gave his opponents to say he hated all Muslims -- but they said that, I didn't.

And how is dissing one family a conviction he hates all Muslims? Except for those who are looking to find any reason to tag someone with a fault. If one doesn't look at the overall picture, then you can't fix stupid!

If you call a black man some name- then by this logic we can say you hate blacks because you had the chance and blew it.

No, and he left out some countries which did have a history of being places where terrorists came from. It was a strange list.

Yes it was a strange list. But every POTUS has kissed Saudi Arabia no matter what. I don't agree with that policy in place for decades, but they all have. But every country on that list had ties to terrorism in the U.S. I feel he didn't go far enough!

If you want to try to be clever to impress me by making fun of the ninth circuit calling it the ninth circus, frankly it makes you look juvenile to me. Adults don't make that sort of cheap remark in my opinion.

They are the most overturned circuit in the US. they are known for their extreme left rulings.

From what I can find, you are mistaken too. It was not overturned as of July 22, 2020. Are you just making things up? I begin to wonder about your sincerity. Are you believing what you want to believe is true? Can we be serious?

There were several cases thrown at the 9th circuit. Ho wmany have been overturned I know not. some have because DOD money is being used on the fence as is allowed by law!

The solution is not having the President in charge of everything. Local and state governments fail a lot in many areas -- but surely the solution isn't having an all powerful President who's supposed to fix everything.

Agreed. But when the civil rights of proiperty owners, businesses and home owners are being violated by looters and teh local or state government will not act, then civil rights violations can be handled by the FBI and should if the left sits on its hands.

Congress Warns Pentagon Not to Move Money to Fund Trump Wall

WASHINGTON - Lawmakers from both parties told Pentagon leaders on Wednesday that the Defense Department is undermining its own efforts to get military money by diverting billions of dollars for the construction of President Donald Trump's U.S.-Mexico border wall.

The chairman of the House Armed Services Committee and the committee's top Republican warned Defense Secretary Mark Esper that overturning congressional funding decisions to shift money for the wall is an enormous problem that will have consequences.

The plan to shift money has triggered rare Republican opposition to one of Trump's priorities.

Rep. Mac Thornberry, R-Texas, said the result may be that Congress will place greater restrictions on the Pentagon's ability to move money around to meet military needs. The chairman, Democratic Rep. Adam Smith of Washington, said the money transfer is "very, very damaging to the Pentagon."

"The message it sends is the Pentagon has plenty of money," said Smith, adding that it "undercuts any arguments for any need for resources."

Well then Congress should not have passed these additions to the USC:

The president has declared a national emergency on the southern border. The president invoked sections 12302, 284(b)(7), and 2808 of Title 10, U.S. Code, and requires the use of the armed forces to respond to this emergency through support to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in its efforts to secure the southern border.
10 U.S.C., Section 12302 (Activation of the Ready Reserve) authorizes involuntary activation of the Ready Reserve, which includes members who, when mobilized, perform a federal mission at the direction of the secretary of defense.
10 U.S.C., Section 284(b)(7) (Counterdrug Support) authorizes DOD to support the counterdrug activities of other federal agencies, including DHS, with the construction of roads, fences, and lighting to block drug smuggling corridors across international boundaries. DOD will review and respond appropriately to any request for assistance received from DHS.
Per 10 U.S.C., Section 2808 (Military Construction (MILCON)), this declaration of a national emergency at the southern border requiring the use of the armed forces authorizes the secretary of defense to determine whether border barriers are necessary to support the use of the armed forces and to re-direct unobligated DOD MILCON funding to construct border barriers if required.

What Congress is simply doing is threatening revenge because they got burned by the very laws they passed! Trump and the DOD are acrting within the confines of the law and the 9th Circuit is in violation by stopping them .

That's not what they were doing. They weren't allowed to do that sort of thing. They did things like clearing brush and handling communications. They acted as support units on the theory it would free up border agents who had been doing those things.

I do remind you that the US military's job is not the enforcement of drug laws. We have other government agencies that should be doing that. We have police who are supposed to be preventing murder and other crimes. It's asking for trouble if we give the US military too much influence in internal affairs -- that's how other countries have done it, and then they wind up with the military overthrowing the government. It's a bad attitude for the military to overreach and think they should step in to anything and everything if they feel like it.

Why not hire more border agents if they needed more? Do you know why the Trump administration didn't hire enough? Congress gave Trump the money to hire more. He did hire more, but he couldn't find enough people to fill all the positions Congress had provided funds for. Not many people want the job. So Trump gave the jobs no one else would take to the army.

And teh armed forces were not directly involved in law enforcement, but in supplemental help which the USC allows. The military was asked by DEA and DHS to help out.

Well given the political correctness and chance if you have to draw your firearm and go to jail for it- who would want th ejob with liberals screaming like they do? And spanish interest groups filing myriad law suits.

But He asked for 15,000, got 5,000 so far! At least He has the numbers going in teh right direction from the past years.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well maybe by 1/10th of 1%
You appear to live in a fictional world, believing whatever trips your trigger. I found the poll I mentioned, but I don't know if it matters.

Trump’s popularity slips in latest Military Times poll — and more troops say they’ll vote for Biden

That is a different question for a different issue.
Oh? You aren't willing to answer now? Did the cat get your tongue? Or are you afraid to answer?

Well if you trust polls, can't help that! they are getting more and more unreliable. The past 6 years should have proven that beyond a doubt. too many polls, with too few samplings with too many respondents skewed to one bias.
I've followed polls closely for years. The big problem is how people misunderstand them. The polls in 2016 were incredibly accurate. It's called business: If a polling company gets too lousy, they lose business. That happened a few elections ago with the Democratic leaning company PPP. When the votes from the elections came in, everyone could see PPP's last poll before the election was way off while other companies were closer. They had flawed methodology that made results tilt too much to the Democrats. They changed how they did their polling. It's probably time for Rasmussen and Trafalagar to change theirs -- they are consistently different from most other polls.
And how is dissing one family a conviction he hates all Muslims? Except for those who are looking to find any reason to tag someone with a fault. If one doesn't look at the overall picture, then you can't fix stupid!
I'm ending our discussion here. I already explained this, and it went right over your head. It's as if you're not really reading and understanding what I write. I'll also be putting you on ignore. You can post to me, but I won't be seeing it. I have better things to do with my time.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh? You aren't willing to answer now? Did the cat get your tongue? Or are you afraid to answer?

Start a new thread and you will find out how fearless I can be. YOur ad-hominems are pitiful.

I've followed polls closely for years. The big problem is how people misunderstand them. The polls in 2016 were incredibly accurate. It's called business: If a polling company gets too lousy, they lose business. That happened a few elections ago with the Democratic leaning company PPP. When the votes from the elections came in, everyone could see PPP's last poll before the election was way off while other companies were closer. They had flawed methodology that made results tilt too much to the Democrats. They changed how they did their polling. It's probably time for Rasmussen and Trafalagar to change theirs -- they are consistently different from most other polls.

Even the pollsters in 2016 admitted they had gotten it all wrong right up to the time of the election! Sorry.

Reactions: historyb