The Atonement misnomer of Sufficient for all, efficient for some

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very well presented, being both spiritually and scripturally accurate, according to God the Father and God the Son, who together are One in Holy Spirit.

Many forget or are ignorant of the fact, that God the Father required the sacrificial death of His Eternal Son for His ownself, just as much as we do. Otherwise, He never would have been able to permanently dwell within us through His Son*, which is the primary reason for our creation in the first place.

Thanks be to God that we are not left to the judgment of Adam of eternal death, but now through faith in the judgment of Christ, we are free to partake in His resurrection unto eternal life.
John 3:18, 1 John 5:12-13.
*Heb. 10:20
I just posted my "thesis " paper where the OP came from where you can see the "context" it came from. I would appreciate your thoughts/insights both positive and negative. It will be a paper I will continue to develop and add or take away from as I continue with my studies on the topic of the atonement. Thanks !

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks. The atonement view developed by Anselm and Abelard in the 11th century. It is a view that the Roman Catholics accepted and was carried over by all the Reformers.
I hold to the Christus Victor view.
I like that view and the PSA without the penal aspect. :)