The Atonement: What did it REALLY Accomplish?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am trying to understand what you are trying to say here...

Are you saying that God predetermined before the foundation of the world, all those who he will draw to his Son and save?

To everyone else, they will be left in their sins?

Then go to Hell?
Please stay on topic.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Do you have a inquiry on the topic or the post comments ?
Not yet @brightfame52 ...I understand a lot of what you post...I’m just now going to wait on God’s timing, that’s if it’s his will, to make an inquiry on the topic in hand.

I tend to jump ahead of God sometimes....then I make myself look a bit silly.

Praise God .

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Commentary.
Because of His Atonement, all people will be resurrected, and those who obey His gospel will receive the gift of eternal life with God. As descendants of Adam and Eve, all people inherit the effects of the Fall. In our fallen state, we are subject to opposition and temptation.

Without Jesus atonement, there would be no way back to the Father.

He was the atoning sacrifice for the sins of the whole world.

As his Living word/ seed says here.

God spoke that into being and I believe Gods word...the Bible.

1 John 2:2
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

New Living Translation
He himself is the sacrifice that atones for our sins—and not only our sins but the sins of all the world.

English Standard Version
He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.

Berean Standard Bible
He Himself is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world

Last edited:

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find it bizarre that anyone would think God imparted faith to them but not to some others. That has to be the epitome of egotism and narcissism.
In spite of Gods word saying to each man is imparted a measure of faith, you just go to some assumption that God was confused by His own statement.
Just ignore Gods declaration
I find it bizarre that some here are paranoid of a simple fact.
Maybe just strike it from your bible.
I prefer the entire counsel of God

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scriptures that indicate that Christs Death brings about life to them He died for, life out of His death for them:

2 Cor 5:14-15

14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:

15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

1 Jn 4:9

9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world[to die], that we might live through him.

Jn 6:33,51

33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven[to die], and giveth life unto the world.

51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 8
16 When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick:

17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.

Amen to His Holy Word that healing from sickness and disease is part of the new covenant.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I’m quite enjoying reading this...I have much to learn ...and of course I can only learn/ understand through the Holy Spirit.as he reveals Gods truth to our hearts...

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its the same, and the context bears that out Rom 5:18

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
How is it that AS condemnation come upon ALL men and EVEN SO the free gift came upon ALL men? Are you proposing here that Paul was speaking universalism of salvation?

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In spite of Gods word saying to each man is imparted a measure of faith, you just go to some assumption that God was confused by His own statement.
Just ignore Gods declaration
I find it bizarre that some here are paranoid of a simple fact.
Maybe just strike it from your bible.
Maybe just read the entire passage in context.
I prefer the entire counsel of God
No, you prefer an interpretation which fits your predetermined theology.

• Haha
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

John 3:17-19​

John 3:17-19 KJV​

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Scriptures that indicate that Christs Death brings about life to them He died for, life out of His death for them:

2 Cor 5:14-15

14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:

15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

1 Jn 4:9

9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world[to die], that we might live through him.

Jn 6:33,51

33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven[to die], and giveth life unto the world.

51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
One who is born again can see that Jesus was attacked by the powers of Sin. That of people who did not understand God in fact ?

But in the light of Jesus we can see and the Apostles of Jesus, who were worthy of Holy Moses, were the first ones to understand that Jesus was truly in fact the Christ Jesus !

Without Christ Jesus you can do nothing of any worth regarding God in fact !
For no one comes to the Father but through his only begotten Son !
So one can see that one must abide in Christ Jesus to be worthy of God in fact !

Now if one does not understand that the Jews who were leading the Jews were on the wrong track and under the delusions and deceptions of this world, for they were undermined by the ones who crept in unawares !
For Stephen pointed out the whole history of the Jews before them poor bastards and they killed him ! but Saul got the message and became Paul ! for Saul was mislead by the Mob ! as were all of the Jews ! for they had fallen from God in fact, because they had turned their backs on God once again and fell from God as a Great Nation in fact ! For they were in decay regards Gog in fact !
But the worthy ones called the reminder ? they got the message and became the first Christians in fact ! They were the People of God in fact, because they were in fact worthy of God but the rest were lost to this world, that is full of deceptions and delusions in fact !

Now the Bible points to them who kill ? for it says such are of their Father ? Who was a murderer and a Liar from the beginning !
For they are religious dupes in fact ! nothing more than any carnal moron ! because they do not abide in Christ Jesus in fact, for they do not know him ? but just because one knows of Jesus does not mean jack in fact, because little faith is not worthy of God in fact, for such is only lukewarm in fact and can have the weeds grow up and strangle ones growth in Christ Jesus in fact and such as this are not worthy of the Kingdom of God in fact, as the Bible points out they who are not worthy to enter in fact !

So just because one has some faith does not give one redemption in fact for one is still bound to this world that is full of deception and delusions in fact, but one must be able to see past such to be worthy of God ! as Jesus pointed out that he will say to them who say Lord Lord, that he never knew them !

One is for Christ or not worthy of him in fact !

One who is worthy of Christ Jesus calls upon him all ones life, it's not a one off thing in fact, for such knows him !
Now as to the one who is seeking that is another thing ? such is calling on the Lord because such does not know him, but calls due to faith, now that's fine, but they are not Saved yet in fact, but the hope is to be be saved ! so it has merit. but not born again for they are of this world ! they have not died to this world, denouncing such powers with the strength of Christ Jesus setting the path for them ! for it's the Kingdom of God that God wants you ! so you will have the strength to call out this worlds deceptions and delusions, that work so as to undermine all, being only Slaves ! good for nothings filth and corruption retards that are a curse on all ! Bastards in relation to God people in fact !
Bible says that it would of been better for you to cast a mill stone around your neck and tossed it into the sea. why is that ? well because such a one is not worthy of God in fact and a abomination to all around you for such is a curse !

Jesus death on the Cross is of nothing if one does not understand the issue, their is no power in such at all in fact ! for only such power comes from understanding in fact, see the power ? you will when it comes to you ! for you will be blown away by such power in fact ! it's not mellow at all, for it's fire that you will behold within you for Christ Jesus that give you power to drive on 24/7 in him totally, for you know it's the only way and no other way, but to be in him with all of your strength all of your Soul and all of your being !

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Redeemed from the curse of the Law and how ?2

Being under the curse is very solemn thing !
But now how are they redeemed out of the curse of the Law ? Is it by their Faith ? Their Repentance ?

God forbid, it was not because of anything they did or did not do, But it was by this Gal 3:13

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

You see that ? How are People Redeemed out of the Curse of the Law ? By Jesus Christ Himself, their Surety being made a Curse for them !

Thats it folks, thats all that had to be done, God has been satisfied with that, thats Salvation from all sin and its consequences, for as Paul wrote 1 Cor 15:56

56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

Hence, none for whom Christ died shall ever hear these words directed towards them Matt 25:41

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

The word cursed here is the exact same word as in Gal 3:13 except its in the verb form, whereas there its in the noun form !

So Matt 25:41 the cursed there cannot possible be any for whom Christ was made a curse for in Gal 3:13, because they whom He was made a curse for, have been redeemed out from the curse of the Law, and all sin , unrighteousness, unbelief, disobedience finds its strength of meaning as it is against the Law 1 Cor 15:56, So Matt 25:41 can only speak of those who never were redeemed from the curse of the Law, which they would have been if Christ died for them a curse as stated in Gal 3:13 ! 34

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One who is born again can see that Jesus was attacked by the powers of Sin. That of people who did not understand God in fact ?

But in the light of Jesus we can see and the Apostles of Jesus, who were worthy of Holy Moses, were the first ones to understand that Jesus was truly in fact the Christ Jesus !

Without Christ Jesus you can do nothing of any worth regarding God in fact !
For no one comes to the Father but through his only begotten Son !
So one can see that one must abide in Christ Jesus to be worthy of God in fact !

Now if one does not understand that the Jews who were leading the Jews were on the wrong track and under the delusions and deceptions of this world, for they were undermined by the ones who crept in unawares !
For Stephen pointed out the whole history of the Jews before them poor bastards and they killed him ! but Saul got the message and became Paul ! for Saul was mislead by the Mob ! as were all of the Jews ! for they had fallen from God in fact, because they had turned their backs on God once again and fell from God as a Great Nation in fact ! For they were in decay regards Gog in fact !
But the worthy ones called the reminder ? they got the message and became the first Christians in fact ! They were the People of God in fact, because they were in fact worthy of God but the rest were lost to this world, that is full of deceptions and delusions in fact !

Now the Bible points to them who kill ? for it says such are of their Father ? Who was a murderer and a Liar from the beginning !
For they are religious dupes in fact ! nothing more than any carnal moron ! because they do not abide in Christ Jesus in fact, for they do not know him ? but just because one knows of Jesus does not mean jack in fact, because little faith is not worthy of God in fact, for such is only lukewarm in fact and can have the weeds grow up and strangle ones growth in Christ Jesus in fact and such as this are not worthy of the Kingdom of God in fact, as the Bible points out they who are not worthy to enter in fact !

So just because one has some faith does not give one redemption in fact for one is still bound to this world that is full of deception and delusions in fact, but one must be able to see past such to be worthy of God ! as Jesus pointed out that he will say to them who say Lord Lord, that he never knew them !

One is for Christ or not worthy of him in fact !

One who is worthy of Christ Jesus calls upon him all ones life, it's not a one off thing in fact, for such knows him !
Now as to the one who is seeking that is another thing ? such is calling on the Lord because such does not know him, but calls due to faith, now that's fine, but they are not Saved yet in fact, but the hope is to be be saved ! so it has merit. but not born again for they are of this world ! they have not died to this world, denouncing such powers with the strength of Christ Jesus setting the path for them ! for it's the Kingdom of God that God wants you ! so you will have the strength to call out this worlds deceptions and delusions, that work so as to undermine all, being only Slaves ! good for nothings filth and corruption retards that are a curse on all ! Bastards in relation to God people in fact !
Bible says that it would of been better for you to cast a mill stone around your neck and tossed it into the sea. why is that ? well because such a one is not worthy of God in fact and a abomination to all around you for such is a curse !

Jesus death on the Cross is of nothing if one does not understand the issue, their is no power in such at all in fact ! for only such power comes from understanding in fact, see the power ? you will when it comes to you ! for you will be blown away by such power in fact ! it's not mellow at all, for it's fire that you will behold within you for Christ Jesus that give you power to drive on 24/7 in him totally, for you know it's the only way and no other way, but to be in him with all of your strength all of your Soul and all of your being !
I dont know what you talking about, all this rambling off topic

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Redeemed from the curse of the Law and how ?2

Being under the curse is very solemn thing !
But now how are they redeemed out of the curse of the Law ? Is it by their Faith ? Their Repentance ?

God forbid, it was not because of anything they did or did not do, But it was by this Gal 3:13

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

You see that ? How are People Redeemed out of the Curse of the Law ? By Jesus Christ Himself, their Surety being made a Curse for them !

Thats it folks, thats all that had to be done, God has been satisfied with that, thats Salvation from all sin and its consequences, for as Paul wrote 1 Cor 15:56

56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

Hence, none for whom Christ died shall ever hear these words directed towards them Matt 25:41

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

The word cursed here is the exact same word as in Gal 3:13 except its in the verb form, whereas there its in the noun form !

So Matt 25:41 the cursed there cannot possible be any for whom Christ was made a curse for in Gal 3:13, because they whom He was made a curse for, have been redeemed out from the curse of the Law, and all sin , unrighteousness, unbelief, disobedience finds its strength of meaning as it is against the Law 1 Cor 15:56, So Matt 25:41 can only speak of those who never were redeemed from the curse of the Law, which they would have been if Christ died for them a curse as stated in Gal 3:13 ! 34
QUOTE; "" You see that ? How are People Redeemed out of the Curse of the Law ? By Jesus Christ Himself, their Surety being made a Curse for them ! Thats it folks, thats all that had to be done, God has been satisfied with that, thats Salvation from all sin and its consequences, for as Paul wrote 1 Cor 15:56""
Like i said, healing is part of the atonement/cross.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont know what you talking about, all this rambling off topic
He is talking about so-called Christians and others that are lukewarm and some are Christian in name only. They claim to have faith but are not converted ,they are what I call mentally saved. And he is also talking about that the Jews were once the people of God but have now turned their back on Jesus. The only thing I would add to all that is that they are Covenant people. They are the Wayward wife that has gone a whoring. They are the prodigal. They basically have turned their back on God. That's kind of what he's talking about I think

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte
Status
Not open for further replies.