The Atonement: What did it REALLY Accomplish?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have a inquiry on the topic or the post comments ?
He just posted about salvation and inquired if you are "election"in you're doctrine.
Your reply was that salvation issues were off topic...in a salvation thread?
Very strange my friend.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ's Death effects Faith/ Coming to God !

1 Pet 3:18

18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

This Faith Coming to God has always been by the Death of Christ, even before He died, thats just how beneficial His Meritorious Death was, that even it effected the Faith in God of the OT Saints 1 Pet 1:20-21

20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

Again Christ's Death causes Faith in God, a coming to God or bringing to God 1 Pet 3:18, and His Death alone !

Now here in the text, the one having suffered for sin, the Just for the unjust, that is His having been put to death in the flesh, it had a Divine Purpose, it was that [Hina Purpose] He might us [Believers/Elect 1 Pet 1:2] to God !

The word bring is the greek word prosago :

I.to lead, to bring

A.to open a way of access, for one to God

i.to render one acceptable to God

B.in a forensic sense, to summon (to trial or punishment)

II.to draw near to, approach

A.the land which a sailor is approaching seeming to approach him See Ps 65:4

The word prosaago is the same word in the Coming of Faith Heb 11:6

The word cometh here proserchomai means:

I.to come to, approach

II.draw near to

III.to assent to

That word assent indicates :

complying ,to act in agreement with or obedience to a wish, request, requirement, or rule , obey, acquiesce !

And so that type of Coming Faith, which Pleases God, is an effect, by-product of Christ having suffered and being put to death in the flesh ! Its another way of how He is the Author of our Faith, OT and NT Saints !34

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Made us dead to the Law !

Rom 7:4

4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

One of the things that lets us know that Christ's Death was limited to only a blessed portion of mankind instead of all of it without exception, is by its accomplishments, because we know that all do not partake of its accomplishments, but only some !

Paul writes here a most tremendous Truth concerning Believers only, saying to them, " Ye also are become dead to the law" !

The most important thing here is just how did this happen ? How did they become dead to the Law ? Was it by their Faith or Believing ? What about their Repentance , or Water Baptism ? God forbid, it wasn't because of anything they did, but it was solely by the Body of Christ, which simply means His Death !

Its crystal clear in the verse Rom 7:4

4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Remember when Peter writes 1 Pet 2:24

24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

That Christ bore the belivers sins in His OWN BODY on the Tree, thats Pauls meaning when he writes :

Thats how believers became dead to the Law, when Christ bare their sins [after being charged to Him] in His Own Body on the Tree.

Now if we are one of the Blessed Ones that Christ bare our sins on that Tree, as also stated here Isa 53:11-12

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Yes, if we are one of those blessed many, instantly and at once we became dead to the Law !

T

Tulipbee

Made us dead to the Law !

One of the things that lets us know that Christ's Death was limited to only a blessed portion of mankind instead of all of it without exception, is by its accomplishments, because we know that all do not partake of its accomplishments, but only some !

Paul writes here a most tremendous Truth concerning Believers only, saying to them, " Ye also are become dead to the law" !

The most important thing here is just how did this happen ? How did they become dead to the Law ? Was it by their Faith or Believing ? What about their Repentance , or Water Baptism ? God forbid, it wasn't because of anything they did, but it was solely by the Body of Christ, which simply means His Death !

Its crystal clear in the verse Rom 7:4

Remember when Peter writes 1 Pet 2:24

24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

That Christ bore the belivers sins in His OWN BODY on the Tree, thats Pauls meaning when he writes :

Thats how believers became dead to the Law, when Christ bare their sins [after being charged to Him] in His Own Body on the Tree.

Now if we are one of the Blessed Ones that Christ bare our sins on that Tree, as also stated here Isa 53:11-12

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Yes, if we are one of those blessed many, instantly and at once we became dead to the Law !
Ah, brightframe57, welcome to the Calvinist comedy club, where theological banter meets divine humor. Let's twirl through this discussion on being dead to the Law with a Calvinist twist.

Now, your emphasis on believers becoming dead to the Law through the body of Christ – in the Calvinist comedy script, we might say, "A divine legal drama – the Law served its eviction notice, and believers became dead to its demands, not by their deeds, but through the cosmic legal maneuvering of Christ's body on the Tree."

And let's sprinkle in some Calvinist wisdom – as John Calvin once said, "The doctrine of justification itself, which so many threatenings and promises are used to confirm, is a solid and firm support to our faith." So, in our Calvinist comedy, the believers find assurance not in their actions but in the firm foundation of justification through Christ.

Now, your reflection on Christ bearing believers' sins in His own body – in the Calvinist humor realm, we'd say, "Ah, the cosmic courthouse – Christ taking the believers' rap sheet upon Himself, making them dead to sins, and granting them a heavenly marriage license to another. It's like a divine episode of 'Law and Grace.'"

And your reference to Isaiah 53:11-12 – in the Calvinist comedy club, we might respond with a chuckle, "Isaiah, the divine prophet, painting a picture of Christ's redemptive work, where He bears the sins of the many, making them dead to the Law in a grand celestial courtroom drama."

So, brightframe57, let's keep the laughter divine and rooted in the Gospel truth – where believers are dead to the Law, not by their efforts but by the cosmic legal brilliance of Christ's sacrifice. #CalvinistComedyClub #GospelLaughs

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, brightframe57, welcome to the Calvinist comedy club, where theological banter meets divine humor. Let's twirl through this discussion on being dead to the Law with a Calvinist twist.

Now, your emphasis on believers becoming dead to the Law through the body of Christ – in the Calvinist comedy script, we might say, "A divine legal drama – the Law served its eviction notice, and believers became dead to its demands, not by their deeds, but through the cosmic legal maneuvering of Christ's body on the Tree."

And let's sprinkle in some Calvinist wisdom – as John Calvin once said, "The doctrine of justification itself, which so many threatenings and promises are used to confirm, is a solid and firm support to our faith." So, in our Calvinist comedy, the believers find assurance not in their actions but in the firm foundation of justification through Christ.

Now, your reflection on Christ bearing believers' sins in His own body – in the Calvinist humor realm, we'd say, "Ah, the cosmic courthouse – Christ taking the believers' rap sheet upon Himself, making them dead to sins, and granting them a heavenly marriage license to another. It's like a divine episode of 'Law and Grace.'"

And your reference to Isaiah 53:11-12 – in the Calvinist comedy club, we might respond with a chuckle, "Isaiah, the divine prophet, painting a picture of Christ's redemptive work, where He bears the sins of the many, making them dead to the Law in a grand celestial courtroom drama."

So, brightframe57, let's keep the laughter divine and rooted in the Gospel truth – where believers are dead to the Law, not by their efforts but by the cosmic legal brilliance of Christ's sacrifice. #CalvinistComedyClub #GospelLaughs
You posting blasphemy friend, calling sacred truth a comedy club, may God be pleased to have mercy on your blasphemy, remember Paul when he was saul was a blasphemer, 1 Tim 1:12-13

12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;

13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

T

Tulipbee

You posting blasphemy friend, calling sacred truth a comedy club, may God be pleased to have mercy on your blasphemy, remember Paul when he was saul was a blasphemer, 1 Tim 1:12-13

12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;

13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.
Ah, brightframe57, the theological enforcer in the Calvinist arena, wielding the scriptural sword with the precision of a divine prosecutor! Let's navigate through this cosmic comedy and respond with a Calvinistic twist, recognizing the gravity of the theological banter.
Quoting the Divine Script: John Calvin: As the great reformer once said, "The elect are brought to faith not by their own merit, but by the secret and special operation of the Holy Spirit." In our Calvinist comedy script, we might say, "Ah, the divine mercy that plucks the blasphemer from the pit of unbelief, not by his own deeds, but by the mysterious work of the Spirit."
Cue Calvinist Wisdom: Now, brightframe57, in the Calvinistic wisdom narrative, we'd respond with a nod to Paul's journey – transformed from a blasphemer to a vessel of mercy. As Calvin put it, "God's mercy is the source of our salvation, but that it is manifested only by the calling of the elect."
Quoting the Divine Comedy Defense: John Calvin: So, as we dance through this Calvinist comedy, let's remember that the term "comedy" here is not a mockery of sacred truth but a celebration of the divine drama, where God's mercy triumphs over human blasphemy. Our theological banter aims to highlight the richness of grace and the profound depths of divine mercy.
Proclaiming the Gospel: John Calvin: In the Calvinistic proclamation of the Gospel, we affirm that salvation is God's work from beginning to end. As Ephesians 2:8-9 declares, "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast."
So, brightframe57, let's continue this theological dance, recognizing the seriousness of the Gospel message while appreciating the divine humor that celebrates the mercy that turns blasphemy into worship. #CalvinistComedyClub #DivineMercyDance

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Made us dead to the Law ! 2

Now what does it mean to be dead to the Law ? Rom 7:4

Now understand, the Law, which is the strength of sin 1 Cor 15:56

56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

Sin is Transgression of the Law 1 Jn 3:4 ! It means that we have been put to death to the curse of the Law Gal 3:13

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

We are dead to the curse of the Law, when Christ bare our sins [that were charged to him] in His Own Body on the Tree, He was then made a curse for us, redeeming us from the curse of the Law, so all for whom Christ died,are by that death alone dead to the curse of the Law, which in and of itself is an aspect of Salvation Ps 106:10

And he saved them from the hand of him that hated them, and redeemed them from the hand of the enemy.

Isa 63:9

For many unlearned men would make a difference in being saved and being redeemed, they are the same !, just stated differently !

None whom Christ died for shall ever hear these words directed towards them as some will Matt 25:41

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

T

Tulipbee

Made us dead to the Law ! 2

Now what does it mean to be dead to the Law ? Rom 7:4

Now understand, the Law, which is the strength of sin 1 Cor 15:56

Sin is Transgression of the Law 1 Jn 3:4 ! It means that we have been put to death to the curse of the Law Gal 3:13

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

We are dead to the curse of the Law, when Christ bare our sins [that were charged to him] in His Own Body on the Tree, He was then made a curse for us, redeeming us from the curse of the Law, so all for whom Christ died,are by that death alone dead to the curse of the Law, which in and of itself is an aspect of Salvation Ps 106:10

And he saved them from the hand of him that hated them, and redeemed them from the hand of the enemy.

Isa 63:9

For many unlearned men would make a difference in being saved and being redeemed, they are the same !, just stated differently !

None whom Christ died for shall ever hear these words directed towards them as some will Matt 25:41

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
Ah, the dance of death and the Law – a theological tango that Calvin himself would relish. Let's unravel this divine choreography with a touch of Calvinistic comedy.

Quoting Calvin with a twirl: John Calvin once said, "Ah, the Law – the stern dance partner in the ballroom of sin. As I wrote in Institutes, Book 2, Chapter 7, Section 6, 'The Law is an eloquent witness of our condemnation, and hence we infer that it cannot be any aid unto salvation.'"

Now, let's pirouette through your exposition: "Made us dead to the Law," you say? Calvin would join the dance, emphasizing Romans 7:4 – "Dead to the Law by the body of Christ, married to another, raised from the dead. It's a divine Waltz of redemption, my friends!"

And behold, the strength of sin – the Law itself! Calvinistic comedic twist: "Sin, my dear audience, is the wild partner in this dance, and the Law, its accomplice. 1 Corinthians 15:56 declares, 'The strength of sin is the law.' Oh, what a tangled web they weave!"

But fear not, for Galatians 3:13 enters the stage: "Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law, made a curse for us." Calvin chuckles, "The curse lifted, a divine act of redemption – a comedy of grace!"

And for those who question salvation and redemption – cue Psalms 106:10 and Isaiah 63:9, a harmonious duet: "Saved and redeemed – distinctions that the unlearned try to draw, but in Christ, they dance as one!"

But beware, as Calvin warned, not all shall share in this divine dance. Quoting Matthew 25:41, he'd say, "Some shall hear, 'Depart from me, ye cursed.' A somber note in the divine symphony – a reminder of the stakes."

So, my theological dance partners, let the Calvinistic comedy continue, where the Law and redemption waltz hand in hand, and the Gospel remains the grand finale! #CalvinisticComedyClub #DivineDanceOfRedemption

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, the dance of death and the Law – a theological tango that Calvin himself would relish. Let's unravel this divine choreography with a touch of Calvinistic comedy.

Quoting Calvin with a twirl: John Calvin once said, "Ah, the Law – the stern dance partner in the ballroom of sin. As I wrote in Institutes, Book 2, Chapter 7, Section 6, 'The Law is an eloquent witness of our condemnation, and hence we infer that it cannot be any aid unto salvation.'"

Now, let's pirouette through your exposition: "Made us dead to the Law," you say? Calvin would join the dance, emphasizing Romans 7:4 – "Dead to the Law by the body of Christ, married to another, raised from the dead. It's a divine Waltz of redemption, my friends!"

And behold, the strength of sin – the Law itself! Calvinistic comedic twist: "Sin, my dear audience, is the wild partner in this dance, and the Law, its accomplice. 1 Corinthians 15:56 declares, 'The strength of sin is the law.' Oh, what a tangled web they weave!"

But fear not, for Galatians 3:13 enters the stage: "Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law, made a curse for us." Calvin chuckles, "The curse lifted, a divine act of redemption – a comedy of grace!"

And for those who question salvation and redemption – cue Psalms 106:10 and Isaiah 63:9, a harmonious duet: "Saved and redeemed – distinctions that the unlearned try to draw, but in Christ, they dance as one!"

But beware, as Calvin warned, not all shall share in this divine dance. Quoting Matthew 25:41, he'd say, "Some shall hear, 'Depart from me, ye cursed.' A somber note in the divine symphony – a reminder of the stakes."

So, my theological dance partners, let the Calvinistic comedy continue, where the Law and redemption waltz hand in hand, and the Gospel remains the grand finale! #CalvinisticComedyClub #DivineDanceOfRedemption
More Blasphemy

T

Tulipbee

More Blasphemy
Ah, beloved57, my theological critique connoisseur! Your repetitive chant echoes in the theological theater like a broken record. Let's address this with a touch of Calvinistic comedy.

Quoting Calvin with a chuckle: John Calvin once remarked, "Ah, wisdom – the elusive dance partner in the ballroom of discourse. As I wrote in Institutes, Book 1, Chapter 17, Section 8, 'Wisdom is born of God, and springs from true knowledge of Him.'"

Now, let's waltz through your one-word chorus: "Blasphemy," you say? Calvin would join the dance with a raised eyebrow, emphasizing Proverbs 18:2 – "A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion."

And behold, the repetitive refrain – a comedic twist: "Beloved57, my dear critic, the echo of a single word shows a lack of wisdom. As I've pondered in Institutes, Book 1, Chapter 1, Section 1, 'True wisdom consists in two parts: the knowledge of God and of ourselves.'"

So, my theological dance partner, let's not settle for a one-word encore. In the grand Calvinist Comedy Club, the dance of discourse is enriched by the harmony of wisdom and understanding. Join the theological waltz, and let's explore the divine choreography together! #CalvinistComedyClub #WisdomWaltzLaughs #TheologicalBanterGroove

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Made us dead to the Law ! 3

Now by the Body of Christ, that is to say , by His Death, we were made Dead to the Laws condemning power, which also means that, although we still sin daily in regards to God's Holy Moral Law, either by tongue, our thoughts or manifested actions out of the heart Matt 15:19 ,

Because by Christ's Death making us dead to the Law, none of those sins can be charged to us to condemn us before God,

Pauls words in Rom 8:33-34

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Well that charge does include any charge or transgression against God's Law !

For instance, suppose one for whom Christ died/or a brother in Christ is guilty of what Jesus calls Adultery here Matt 5:28 and that word looking blepon means to gaze at, and its in the present tense, a continual state of gazing, lusting after her, at that time they are committing Adultery in their heart, a violation of the seventh commandment of the Moral Law of God See Ex 20:14, and before the eyes of a Holy God, this is worthy of death, even eternal death, the wrath of God Eph 5:6,

Yet this Transgression [see James 2:10-11] will not be and cannot be layed to their charge, God does not charge them with it because of what's stated in Rom 7:4 being dead to the Law by the Body of Christ ! 34

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Made us dead to the Law ! 4

Folks this is a profound Truth, but they for whom Christ died are dead to the Law, and so they are dead to the sevre consequences of having sinned against it, one such consequence is death; Recall back in 1 Cor 15:56 that the strength of sin is the Law :

Death has its right to reign because its the result of sinning against the Law, so the Law gives sin its power , which sin gives death its power. Death is the consequence of sin Rom 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Sin here was against God's Law or Command first by Adam's transgression from this Law/Command Gen 2:16-17

16 And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

So sense we become dead to the Law by the Body of Christ, sin cannot be charged, and so death, all types of it, can no longer be a Lawful consequence, hence all for whom Christ died, as a matter of Divine Justice must be redeemed out of death, that does include but not limited to Spiritual Death. Paul says Christ has abolished death 2 Tim 1:10 !

Thats why its important for all whom Christ died to be made alive unto God, hence all for whom Christ died, to validate the Truth that He for them has abolished death and that by His Body they are dead to the Law, they must be made alive unto God or another way of saying it is that they must be born again Eph 2:5

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened[made alive] us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

If all for whom Christ died are not made alive, its a miscarriage of Justice, and it means that Christ's death did not abolish death !

T

Tulipbee

Made us dead to the Law ! 4

Folks this is a profound Truth, but they for whom Christ died are dead to the Law, and so they are dead to the sevre consequences of having sinned against it, one such consequence is death; Recall back in 1 Cor 15:56 that the strength of sin is the Law :

Death has its right to reign because its the result of sinning against the Law, so the Law gives sin its power , which sin gives death its power. Death is the consequence of sin Rom 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Sin here was against God's Law or Command first by Adam's transgression from this Law/Command Gen 2:16-17

16 And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

So sense we become dead to the Law by the Body of Christ, sin cannot be charged, and so death, all types of it, can no longer be a Lawful consequence, hence all for whom Christ died, as a matter of Divine Justice must be redeemed out of death, that does include but not limited to Spiritual Death. Paul says Christ has abolished death 2 Tim 1:10 !

Thats why its important for all whom Christ died to be made alive unto God, hence all for whom Christ died, to validate the Truth that He for them has abolished death and that by His Body they are dead to the Law, they must be made alive unto God or another way of saying it is that they must be born again Eph 2:5

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened[made alive] us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

If all for whom Christ died are not made alive, its a miscarriage of Justice, and it means that Christ's death did not abolish death !
Well, brightfame52, the cosmic storyteller of profound truths! Let's embark on a divine comedy cruise through the seas of Romans 7:4, where the Law meets its match in the comedy of divine redemption.

"Ahoy there, fellow travelers of the divine comedy stage! Brightfame52 takes the spotlight, unveiling the cosmic truth that Christ's body makes us dead to the Law. It's like a celestial plot twist where the Law loses its grip, and sin's strength gets a divine knockout punch.

Picture this cosmic courtroom drama: the Law, the prosecutor with sin as its star witness, loses its case because, surprise, we're declared dead to it! And in the grand finale, sin's power crumbles, and death's reign gets canceled like a bad sitcom.

Now, the profound truth shines through the divine comedy script: for those for whom Christ died, death's consequences are null and void. No more lawful consequences, no more sting of sin, and death, you're out of the game! It's like a cosmic legal loophole that only the divine playwright could craft.

But hold your intergalactic horses! Brightfame52 unveils the ultimate punchline: if Christ abolished death, then those for whom He died must be brought back to life. Born again, made alive unto God, and voila, the divine comedy of redemption takes center stage.

Now, if anyone misses the cosmic cue and isn't made alive, brightfame52 declares it a miscarriage of justice! It's like the divine director flubbed a scene. Because, remember, if Christ abolished death, everyone for whom He died should be singing the cosmic "Hallelujah" of life everlasting!

So, brightfame52, keep weaving the celestial comedy, where death gets the boot, sin loses its power, and the redeemed dance to the cosmic rhythm of eternal life. Comedy and redemption – the divine duo that keeps the celestial audience laughing and rejoicing!"

Any divine encore or comedy sequel, brightfame52?

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, brightfame52, the cosmic storyteller of profound truths! Let's embark on a divine comedy cruise through the seas of Romans 7:4, where the Law meets its match in the comedy of divine redemption.

"Ahoy there, fellow travelers of the divine comedy stage! Brightfame52 takes the spotlight, unveiling the cosmic truth that Christ's body makes us dead to the Law. It's like a celestial plot twist where the Law loses its grip, and sin's strength gets a divine knockout punch.

Picture this cosmic courtroom drama: the Law, the prosecutor with sin as its star witness, loses its case because, surprise, we're declared dead to it! And in the grand finale, sin's power crumbles, and death's reign gets canceled like a bad sitcom.

Now, the profound truth shines through the divine comedy script: for those for whom Christ died, death's consequences are null and void. No more lawful consequences, no more sting of sin, and death, you're out of the game! It's like a cosmic legal loophole that only the divine playwright could craft.

But hold your intergalactic horses! Brightfame52 unveils the ultimate punchline: if Christ abolished death, then those for whom He died must be brought back to life. Born again, made alive unto God, and voila, the divine comedy of redemption takes center stage.

Now, if anyone misses the cosmic cue and isn't made alive, brightfame52 declares it a miscarriage of justice! It's like the divine director flubbed a scene. Because, remember, if Christ abolished death, everyone for whom He died should be singing the cosmic "Hallelujah" of life everlasting!

So, brightfame52, keep weaving the celestial comedy, where death gets the boot, sin loses its power, and the redeemed dance to the cosmic rhythm of eternal life. Comedy and redemption – the divine duo that keeps the celestial audience laughing and rejoicing!"

Any divine encore or comedy sequel, brightfame52?
More scoffing and blasphemy

T

Tulipbee

Well, brightfame52, it seems like we've got a divine stand-up comedy critic in the house! But hey, let's address the elephant in the cosmic room and set the stage straight.

Now, speaking of divine truths and Calvinism, let's flip the script and talk about Acts 17:30 (ESV): "The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent."

Here's the divine punchline: God's calling everyone to the stage of repentance, not just a select few VIPs. It's like a universal invitation to join the celestial comedy club, where repentance is the ticket to the ultimate show – salvation through Jesus Christ.

Now, brightfame52, let's not get caught up in your hyper-calvinism's cosmic twist. The divine comedy script is clear: repentance is for everyone, not an exclusive VIP pass. So, let's drop the theological mic, embrace the universal call to repentance, and enjoy the divine comedy of salvation together! Who knows, it might just be the divine comedy sequel we've all been waiting for. Are you ready for the encore?

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Made us dead to the Law ! 5

Now what does this mean ? Rom 7:4

If its indeed true that those who believe, were dead to the Law by the Body of Christ, again simply meaning by His Death, it means that Believers had a secret Union with Christ when He died for Our sins ! This is something that all religionists fail to understand, yet in order for Christ to have died legally for the sins of others 1 Cor 15:3, there had to be already established in the first place a legal union /bond, for that is first in importance; It had to be a Legal Ground and basis for God being able to charge Christ with sins of others in order for Him to die for them.

There had to be a preexisting condition/union, and that was established in the Eternal Purpose of God in Election before the Foundation of the World Eph 1:4, and so of Him [God the Father were we united to Christ, in Him with Legal Union 1 Cor 1:30

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Without such Union in Him, there was no basis for Him being a Kinsmen Redeemer for Redemption.

Thats why Paul wrote that He Loved and gave Himself for the Church Eph 5:25,26 which is His Body Vs 26, hence He was the Legal Head of His Body the Church, His Wife also, making it a Just cause before God, to charge His wifes sins to His account, or the sins of His Body to Him the Head ! 34

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, brightfame52, it seems like we've got a divine stand-up comedy critic in the house! But hey, let's address the elephant in the cosmic room and set the stage straight.

Now, speaking of divine truths and Calvinism, let's flip the script and talk about Acts 17:30 (ESV): "The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent."

Here's the divine punchline: God's calling everyone to the stage of repentance, not just a select few VIPs. It's like a universal invitation to join the celestial comedy club, where repentance is the ticket to the ultimate show – salvation through Jesus Christ.

Now, brightfame52, let's not get caught up in your hyper-calvinism's cosmic twist. The divine comedy script is clear: repentance is for everyone, not an exclusive VIP pass. So, let's drop the theological mic, embrace the universal call to repentance, and enjoy the divine comedy of salvation together! Who knows, it might just be the divine comedy sequel we've all been waiting for. Are you ready for the encore?

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If its indeed true that those who believe, were dead to the Law by the Body of Christ, again simply meaning by His Death, it means that Believers had a secret Union with Christ when He died for Our sins ! This is something that all religionists fail to understand, yet in order for Christ to have died legally for the sins of others 1 Cor 15:3, there had to be already established in the first place a legal union /bond, for that is first in importance; It had to be a Legal Ground and basis for God being able to charge Christ with sins of others in order for Him to die for them.
That is all pretty much just plain old hogwash. There can be no union/bond or secret union between Christ and non-existent persons.

There was indeed a preexisting plan that God put in place. But it is carried out for those persons not yet in existence according to God's foreknowledge.

T

Tulipbee

Hey brightfame52,

Let's step away from the cosmic comedy club for a moment and delve into the theological discussion. In the realm of Calvinism, there's room for diverse perspectives, but it's essential that you navigate away from your extremes in your hyper-Calvinism.

Calvinism, at its core, emphasizes God's sovereignty, human depravity, and unconditional election. However, your hyper-Calvinism tends to overemphasize divine sovereignty to the extent of neglecting human responsibility and the universal call to repentance.

Here's a gentle suggestion for you, brightfame52: Calvinism, when balanced, acknowledges both God's sovereignty in salvation and the genuine call for all to repent. Acts 17:30, as mentioned earlier, underscores the universal nature of God's call to repentance.

Perhaps consider reevaluating your theological stance, ensuring that it aligns with the broader Calvinist framework that recognizes the universal call for repentance. It's a delicate balance that, when maintained, allows for a richer understanding of God's sovereignty and human responsibility. Let's steer clear of theological extremes and engage in a thoughtful exploration of these profound truths.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey brightfame52,

Let's step away from the cosmic comedy club for a moment and delve into the theological discussion. In the realm of Calvinism, there's room for diverse perspectives, but it's essential that you navigate away from your extremes in your hyper-Calvinism.

Calvinism, at its core, emphasizes God's sovereignty, human depravity, and unconditional election. However, your hyper-Calvinism tends to overemphasize divine sovereignty to the extent of neglecting human responsibility and the universal call to repentance.

Here's a gentle suggestion for you, brightfame52: Calvinism, when balanced, acknowledges both God's sovereignty in salvation and the genuine call for all to repent. Acts 17:30, as mentioned earlier, underscores the universal nature of God's call to repentance.

Perhaps consider reevaluating your theological stance, ensuring that it aligns with the broader Calvinist framework that recognizes the universal call for repentance. It's a delicate balance that, when maintained, allows for a richer understanding of God's sovereignty and human responsibility. Let's steer clear of theological extremes and engage in a thoughtful exploration of these profound truths.
The soteriology of Calvinism is wrapped up in the acronym TULIP. It is wrong to the point of being heresy.

Status
Not open for further replies.