The Authority of Man

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Beautiful. Eloquent. Simple. Irrefutable.

It will be funny to watch @theefaith gyrate rationalizations around this one.

well this is a debate section, so some argue for the sake of arguing, and don't necessarily believe what they are saying, there're just trying to win.
so one should accept that reality. good to hear from you though.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thee faith has come to preach the RCC , but the lambs shall preach Christ .
Choose ye this day whom ye shall serve , whether it be the RCC which leadeth unto destruction
or whether it be Christ in whom is eternal life . As for me and the lambs its gonna be Christ .

Reactions: Brakelite

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
your using that to justify the catholic view or protestant view of church authority.

"Jesus is Lord" is between one and one's Lord. simple as that. Jesus isn't "Lord" through someone else, if one is born again then the Life received is sonship with the Father through the Son no one else.

if one wants to or is compelled to be employed by an enterprise the same one agrees to do as requested by the same authority within the enterprise which could be an house hold a business or a church organization. don't bother trying to make like today's churches are anything like the house to house church in the days the NT was written.

this conversation is over for me, you can go on if you like.

Jesus says he is

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, so send in you. (The apostles) posses the same power mission and authority as Christ!
Peter, the apostles and their successors!

Ignorance of scripture is ignorance of Christ
Rejection of scripture is rejection of Christ
Christ and His church are one!
Matt 28:17-20 Acts 9:4

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

but those verses don’t matter to you either I guess, for myself I can’t wait to have a good spiritual father to care for my soul

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thee faith has come to preach the RCC , but the lambs shall preach Christ .
Choose ye this day whom ye shall serve , whether it be the RCC which leadeth unto destruction
or whether it be Christ in whom is eternal life . As for me and the lambs its gonna be Christ .

did Christ establish a new covenant church?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Master/masters

... Preeminence is the word that comes to mind:

Ecc 3:19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.

3Jo 1:9 I wrote unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, receiveth us not.

We're talking about slaves obeying their masters. Jesus is the Preeminent Master of All.
Everyone who serves him aught to treat everyone justly and equally.
But there are some who place themselves preeminently above others.
And if they make themselves Lord and Master, then they are not washing everyone's feet the same.
In fact, they require their own feet washed first.

I went to a church once, a long time ago. After the service the Pastor was standing to the side and I went to ask him a question.
I don't remember the question, but I remember being brushed aside as if my question had no merit.
Being young in the faith, perhaps it was a childish question.. I don't remember.
But I do remember just having my question dismissed with a toss of the hand.
I never went back to that church...
I remember in the first church I attended when at age 32 I was just beginning to read the Bible for the first time in my life, a brand new convert' Just before service time I went in to see the pastor. I had a serious question for him. He admitted me to his office and I asked him: Where do you get your authority? I had still not read the Bible and I did not have a clue as to what the answer to my question might be. I believed he had authority, but I wanted some details and maybe some scripture. He gave me a strange look and left his office without saying a single word in response to my question. Being about service time I went out and sat down with my wife and our two young toddlers and explained to her the strange event that had just taken place.

The pastor went up to the pulpit and speaking to me and the congregation, he said loud and clear, brother "so n so" has just questioned my authority. He went on to advise that no one was to question his authority. [Not then nor ever did he answer my question.] Both my wife and I were flabbergasted. The man had presumed I was trying to undermine him whereas I really just wanted to understand...

It took me a long time really to understand what the difficulty was... My wife always right on top of things knew almost immediately. Until I was able to get it through my thick skull she suffered with me in that church... and it was during some of those times when she refused to be quiet that he told me to divorce her and he would help me get legal custody of the two children. I was naive but I was not stupid. God taught us a whole lot of things through those experiences.

Reactions: Azim and Ziggy

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Odd paraphrase. The VOICE translation says 'the faith that was entrusted to the saints' not the Roman Catholic Church.

Friend, I don't believe in RCC; I believe in God and his anointed.

so you say
But refuse to submit to his apostles and their successors

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Odd paraphrase. The VOICE translation says 'the faith that was entrusted to the saints' not the Roman Catholic Church.

so you say
But refuse to submit to his apostles and their successors

That's EXACTLY right! Scripture ends with the Apostles, not their successors into infinity and beyond.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the best examples of recent times is the current pope chastising the US for putting up a wall while the Vatican has the tallest wall of any capital city in the world! Matthew 7:1-2.
Hyprocrisy abounds in this world my friend . even the very so called love religion the RCC preaches
Even the very all inclusive we are on unity it sells . IS TRULY all about A system wherein she shall have shared power
over the worlds religions . ITS all a big stink . She nor her protestant daughters truly care for the people .
Rather its a calling to get a select few to sell out the flocks and have a seat at the HIGH TABLE in the NEW RELIGION .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's EXACTLY right! Scripture ends with the Apostles, not their successors into infinity and beyond.

Christ says nay
Matt 28:19 teach all nations baptize them this still needs to be done
Behold I am with you (the apostles) till the end

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

common salvation
That means faith and sacraments
Never says faith alone except James 2:24 not faith alone