The Authority of Man

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
feeding the sheep and administering the ins and outs of organizational necessities has nothing to do with the assumption that members of a church organization are subordinates to the wants of a priest or preacher.

if one volunteers or one agrees to contribute ones time then its according to what is a greed, or if one is being paid to do a job for the church then the obvious applies.

and nothing you've posted justifies what the OP has described. the scriptural refences are to those in the ministerial work, such as feed the sheep. no instruction there to make the sheep do what you want, is there?

really

Does Christ have any authority over you?

Christ and his church are one the church is an extension of Christ in all ages and all the world

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

Spiritual Fathers have care for our souls!

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep:

Heb 13:7

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

1 Tim 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

1 John 2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

That makes Paul and John spiritual fathers, pastors of our souls!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ and his church are one

Outrageous! The great attraction throughout the ages of Christianity is its appeal to an individual soul. It is NOT communion with a collective but a communion of an individual to God through Christ. In him, we are united. In no way is the collective set of believers Christ who is an individual.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Outrageous! The great attraction throughout the ages of Christianity is its appeal to an individual soul. It is NOT communion with a collective but a communion of an individual to God through Christ. In him, we are united. In no way is the collective set of believers Christ who is an individual.

More assertions without evidence.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it’s not a bible study
It’s a covenant
A covenant between God and His people with a mediator
I will be your God you will be my people
We have union with God and communion with each other thru the mediator
Jude 1:3 common salvation
No personal Lord and savior

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Christ and his church are one
Acts 9:4 why persecute me?

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
authoritarian spiritual bully? really? by your wording you follow media. there is no such thing as "spiritual bully" besides, this isn't high school here.
Oh? Did you know that along the statistics of domestic violence in our communities, the stats for domestic violence among church members is only one percent lower? Also, it is a well-known fact that spiritual abuse by church officials and leaders is rife throughout churches of all denominations. You must live and worship in a very well isolated cocoon where nothing like that happens.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?
"washed in the blood of the Lamb"
Is that another protestant catch phrase.
1. What do you actually mean?
2. What is the biblical basis?
3. What relevance does that have to explaining post #40 or is it just a diversion?

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Talking to you is a waste of time because you imply the evidence would not alter your understanding.

So you not even going to try.
Shows you just say things but can't back them up with evidence.
If your evidence was sound you should be able to show it.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you not even going to try.

LOL. You want me to try do what I've already done 1,000's of times.

Shows you just say things but can't back them up with evidence.
If your evidence was sound you should be able to show it.

The evidence is the trinity is not in the Bible! This is because the entire Bible was written by monotheist Jews who reject the trinity to this day.

There is no verse that says anything like The nature of God is a trinity - consisting of the Father, Son & Holy Spirit who are co-equal, co-substantial and co-eternal - and if you do not believe this you cannot be saved. On the contrary, the Bible has 10,000 verses that go against this, every time God is referred to using a singular pronoun. The resurrected Jesus received a revelation from God, in his unitarian nature, in Revelation 1:1. None of this constitutes evidence to you.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
LOL. You want me to try do what I've already done 1,000's of times.

The evidence is the trinity is not in the Bible! This is because the entire Bible was written by monotheist Jews who reject the trinity to this day.

There is no verse that says anything like The nature of God is a trinity - consisting of the Father, Son & Holy Spirit who are co-equal, co-substantial and co-eternal - and if you do not believe this you cannot be saved. On the contrary, the Bible has 10,000 verses that go against this, every time God is referred to using a singular pronoun. The resurrected Jesus received a revelation from God, in his unitarian nature, in Revelation 1:1. None of this constitutes evidence to you.

Not in this thread you haven't and in the other thread you keep not answering.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God will have a people upon the earth to maintain the Bible, and the Bible only, as the standard of all doctrines, and the basis of all reforms. The opinions of learned men, the deductions of science, the creeds or decisions of ecclesiastical councils, as numerous and discordant as are the churches which they represent, the voice of the majority,—not one or all of these should be regarded as evidence for or against any point of religious faith. Before accepting any doctrine or precept, we should demand a plain "Thus saith the Lord" in its support.
Tradition, reason, experience, all have their place. But none ought to supercede scripture.
To the law and to the testimony. If they speak not according to this word, there is no light in them.
Isaiah 8:20.

Reactions: Wrangler

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before accepting any doctrine or precept, we should demand a plain "Thus saith the Lord" in its support.

Good point. This is why I created a thread separating mere ‘support’ from an explicit Biblical teaching.

Many doctrines are merely supported and are not explicit "Thus saith the Lord." I guess it’s human nature to make up doctrine to fight over.

Reactions: Brakelite

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
really

Does Christ have any authority over you?

Christ and his church are one the church is an extension of Christ in all ages and all the world

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

Spiritual Fathers have care for our souls!

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep:

Heb 13:7

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

1 Tim 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

1 John 2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

That makes Paul and John spiritual fathers, pastors of our souls!

your using that to justify the catholic view or protestant view of church authority.

"Jesus is Lord" is between one and one's Lord. simple as that. Jesus isn't "Lord" through someone else, if one is born again then the Life received is sonship with the Father through the Son no one else.

if one wants to or is compelled to be employed by an enterprise the same one agrees to do as requested by the same authority within the enterprise which could be an house hold a business or a church organization. don't bother trying to make like today's churches are anything like the house to house church in the days the NT was written.

this conversation is over for me, you can go on if you like.

Reactions: Wrangler

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Why should I when you admitted it won’t change your mind?

No I didn't admit that. You see the reason I want you to give the proper references for your claims about Jesus being "firstborn from the dead" and "first born of all creation" is that you seem incapable of quoting correctly.

What I actually said was "Probably not but it will be interesting to see how you misuse scripture to support your opinions"
Probably is not definite.
Why can't you give the references and explain how they support your unitarian view of God?
Is it because they don't?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why can't you give the references and explain how they support your unitarian view of God?

LOL. I have 1,000’s of times provided Scripture. I don’t provide this because you are not ‘definite’ in your handling it.

You just want to argue for dissension sake. Trinitarianism does not bring forth the fruit of the Spirit.