• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
. However, by suggesting that salvation is "wholly and only and completely based" on the cross, you leave out an essential aspect of salvation, which is the washing of regeneration and the renewing by the Holy Spirit.

No, i didnt "leave out" anything.
I said the Cross is what God died on to save us.
To get this Salvation that is the "finished work of Jesus on the Cross", applied, so that we become born again, we give God our FAITH, and He accepts it and gives us the "new Birth".

Now about what you said...
Are u actually trying to teach that being born again isn't the same as the washing of regeneration?
Be more clear...and be sure that you don't teach that WATER BAPTISM is the "washing of regeneration".

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, i didnt "leave out" anything.
I said the Cross is what God died on to save us.
To get this Salvation that is the "finished work of Jesus on the Cross", applied, so that we become born again, we give God our FAITH, and He accepts it and gives us the "new Birth".
No, you have it backwards. Being born again precedes faith.

Now about what you said...
Are u actually trying to teach that being born again isn't the same as the washing of regeneration?
Did I say that? What did I say that would lead you to believe such a thing?
Be more clear...and be sure that you don't teach that WATER BAPTISM is the "washing of regeneration".
May I encourage you, brother, to adopt an ethic of reading, whereby one is not immediately dismissive or skeptical of the author. Being a sympathetic reader does not mean that we avoid critical thinking, nor does it mean that we necessarily agree with the author's claims. But we simply spend the extra time to learn what the person is actually saying.

Did I mention water baptism? I don't think I did.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
No, you have it backwards. Being born again precedes faith.

God ONLY accepts your faith to save you.
"justified by Faith".
"Grace THROUGH Faith".

All that BELIEVE on Jesus shall be SAVED.

You are teaching something that is kinda crazy, theologically speaking, to say that we are born again before we believe in Christ by Faith.

Are you a mormon or a JW or one of the unfortunate "pre-destined elect" ?
You are obviously not related to the mainline protestant denominations, as no protestant mainline denominations teach that "we are born again before we have faith in Christ".
So, that is nutz, that you are teaching, and can't be possible regarding salvation.

God does not save you, before you believe, (by FAITH) in Christ.
You hear the Gospel, and you BELIEVE UNTO Righteousness, or Salvation.
So, Hear, then by Faith BELIEVE, = Born again.
Not even the Catholic Cult teaches such crazy nonsense as you are teaching regarding...."we are born again before we have FAITH in Christ".

My advice to you, is that you get away from whatever person, cult, teacher, commentary, is teaching you such bizarre and demonic theology.
RUN.<

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are we allowed to call the Catholic Church a "cult" on here? I'm not a member of the RCC, nor do I hold sympathy with the vast majority of their doctrines but, Wow, Wild ,Wild West!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not even the Catholic Cult teaches such crazy nonsense as you are teaching regarding...."we are born again before we have FAITH in Christ".
You think that's worse than transubstantiation or purgatory?
Or indulgences?!!!

Reactions: Brakelite

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God ONLY accepts your faith to save you.
"justified by Faith".
"Grace THROUGH Faith".

All that BELIEVE on Jesus shall be SAVED.
Not all that believe on Jesus shall be saved. Remember the parable of the sower?

Title: Parable of the Sower

In that parable, only the seed sown in the good soil, perseveres unto salvation. And who prepares the hearts of men? Who circumcises the heart? Isn't it the Holy Spirit?

You are teaching something that is kinda crazy, theologically speaking, to say that we are born again before we believe in Christ by Faith.
It isn't as crazy as you think. It's a common theme throughout the Bible. What is the Biblical reason why people refuse to believe? What does the Parable of the sower teach us? People refuse to believe because they have a hard heart. Hardness of heart can only be healed by divine appointment.

God does not save you, before you believe, (by FAITH) in Christ.
We are not saved "by faith", rather, we are saved by grace through faith. Believing that Jesus is the Christ, even under trial, and hardship is clear evidence of God's saving grace at work.

You hear the Gospel, and you BELIEVE UNTO Righteousness, or Salvation.
You are speaking in generalities again. Some hear the word of God with a hard heart, and Satan takes the word away. Others hear the word with a shallow heart and at at time of persecution, he falls away. Some are choked by the worries of the world, and these fall away. Only those who hear the gospel with an honest and good heart, persevere unto salvation. And perseverance is also a gift of God. Not everyone who hears the gospel, believes unto righteousness.

So, Hear, then by Faith BELIEVE, = Born again.
Negative. Jesus tells Nicodemus that he properly interpreted the miracles of Jesus because he was already born again. Unless a person is born from above, he can not see the kingdom of God.

My advice to you is to realize that your knowledge of salvation is insufficient and you would do well to study a bit more. And approach the help of others with humility. Read the epistle of Galatians and remind yourself about the fruits of the spirit. Read the second epistle of Peter where he tells you to be sure of your calling.

Let's keep the communication going.

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not all that believe on Jesus shall be saved. Remember the parable of the sower?

Title: Parable of the Sower

In that parable, only the seed sown in the good soil, perseveres unto salvation. And who prepares the hearts of men? Who circumcises the heart? Isn't it the Holy Spirit?

It isn't as crazy as you think. It's a common theme throughout the Bible. What is the Biblical reason why people refuse to believe? What does the Parable of the sower teach us? People refuse to believe because they have a hard heart. Hardness of heart can only be healed by divine appointment.

We are not saved "by faith", rather, we are saved by grace through faith. Believing that Jesus is the Christ, even under trial, and hardship is clear evidence of God's saving grace at work.

You are speaking in generalities again. Some hear the word of God with a hard heart, and Satan takes the word away. Others hear the word with a shallow heart and at at time of persecution, he falls away. Some are choked by the worries of the world, and these fall away. Only those who hear the gospel with an honest and good heart, persevere unto salvation. And perseverance is also a gift of God. Not everyone who hears the gospel, believes unto righteousness.

Negative. Jesus tells Nicodemus that he properly interpreted the miracles of Jesus because he was already born again. Unless a person is born from above, he can not see the kingdom of God.

My advice to you is to realize that your knowledge of salvation is insufficient and you would do well to study a bit more. And approach the help of others with humility. Read the epistle of Galatians and remind yourself about the fruits of the spirit. Read the second epistle of Peter where he tells you to be sure of your calling.

Let's keep the communication going.
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. (Romans 10:4)

Reactions: mailmandan

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The sanctuary services are so important because so much more was going on at Calvary than could be taken in by the five senses. I wonder what Jesus was showing the mourners on the road to Emmaus? Jesus must have known He was different. He wasn't naive as a side effect of His scrupulous conduct. But when He walked into the temple at Jerusalem as a pre-teen youth, He must have had an epiphany to end all epiphanies. He was so impressed that he couldn't hold in the new connections He must have made in His mind and heart, and begin teaching others immediately.
Reminds me so much of my signature.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are we allowed to call the Catholic Church a "cult" on here? I'm not a member of the RCC, nor do I hold sympathy with the vast majority of their doctrines but, Wow, Wild ,Wild West!
Things can get a little wild but most tend to self police and refrain from going down the road of blatant name calling. Unless you're Catholic. Catholics here with maybe one or two exceptions don't hold back.
One or two non Catholic individuals on this forum don't hold back at all and can be rather obnoxious toward anyone with whom they disagree. But hey, that's the world we live in and we cannot expect a Christian forum to be a bubble of inoffensive innocuous debate can we. It isn't a safe place for the insecure to hide in that's for sure.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not all that believe on Jesus shall be saved.
That should be "Not all that hear the Gospel shall be saved". The seed is a metaphor for the Gospel ("the Word of the Kingdom").

When any one heareth the Word of the Kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the Wicked One, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side. (Mt 13:19)

This parable teaches us that while the true Gospel is always the same, men's hearts are comparable to various kinds of soil. Therefore many will hear the Gospel, but relatively few will believe, and among those relatively few will be abundantly fruitful.

Reactions: mailmandan

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It isn't a safe place for the insecure to hide in that's for sure.
Let the *woke* Snowflakes know this. They are all looking for "safe spaces". They all had meltdowns when Trump was elected, and that turned into Trump Derangement Syndrome (a serious pathological condition).

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That should be "Not all that hear the Gospel shall be saved". The seed is a metaphor for the Gospel ("the Word of the Kingdom").

When any one heareth the Word of the Kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the Wicked One, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side. (Mt 13:19)

This parable teaches us that while the true Gospel is always the same, men's hearts are comparable to various kinds of soil. Therefore many will hear the Gospel, but relatively few will believe, and among those relatively few will be abundantly fruitful.
Okay, let's explore this a bit. Jesus says that "The one on whom seed was sown on the rocky places, this is the man who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy." Why would he receive it with joy if he didn't believe it?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, let's explore this a bit. Jesus says that "The one on whom seed was sown on the rocky places, this is the man who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy." Why would he receive it with joy if he didn't believe it?
So are you selling staunch Calvinism or not?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No.

This forum officially recognizes ALL whom Claims Christ as Christians. That includes ALL. Yes, Protestants, Calvinists, Catholics, "Mormons", JW, non-denominational, folks with just really weird beliefs, etc.

God alone is the Judge.

Reactions: amadeus

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No.

This forum officially recognizes ALL whom Claims Christ as Christians. That includes ALL. Yes, Protestants, Calvinists, Catholics, "Mormons", JW, non-denominational, folks with just really weird beliefs, etc.

God alone is the Judge.
Well, it happened in post #24 ^^^^

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why would he receive it with joy if he didn't believe it?
It is one thing to be delighted at all the blessings that come from salvation. It is another thing to repent and be converted and turn your back on the pleasures of sin. And repentance is a condition of salvation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jane_Doe22

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is one thing to be delighted at all the blessings that come from salvation. It is another thing to repent and be converted and turn your back on the pleasures of sin. And repentance is a condition of salvation.
I ask again, why would someone receive a truth, if he didn't believe it?

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The same Jesus who saved you, keeps you saved.

= Once you are saved by Jesus, you are Kept SAVED by Jesus.

So, whatever you are trusting in to get you into heaven, that isn't Jesus= is a fail.
Wake up.
First we need to accept Gods gift of free salvation in repentance, and secondly we need to remember what happened to Adam and Eve.