• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-
Salvation : is not based on how you live or behave AFTER you are saved/born again.

Salvation : is wholly and only and completely based on what Jesus accomplished for you on the Cross before you were born.

Reactions: Ronald Nolette

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why was Abraham and his descendants told to walk in God's Earth and that it would be their inheritance in the distant future?

God also promised the Nation of Israel, that He would plant them in the fertile field of Israel, i.e. Jesus/Christ.
God also promised the nation of Israel, that He would teach them on the Mountain of Israel, i.e. the religion of Jesus/Christ and what that means.

Sadly, Israel today believes that the "Promised Land" will enable them to reconnect with God, even though the "Promised Land" was only a sign for them to confirm God's Promise to Abraham that in the distant future, even today, they will inherit the Whole of God's Earth as Sons of God.

God also promised the nation of Israel, that He would heal the nation of Israel by sprinkling water over them when He gathers them to himself.
God also promised the nation of Israel, that He would heal them, teach them and plant them where they are living scattered throughout the whole earth, in the ravines and valleys where they are living and that there, He will make like new again His covenant of a Kingdom of Priests, a Holy Nation and His possession among the Nations once more.

In Luke 14, Jesus warned Israel that they will not have the means available to them to rebuild the Temple, i.e. described as a tower in the parable and connected with the parable of the Man who built a vineyard with a tower in the middle, in Jerusalem and become the laughing stock of the nations of the earth because they will not have the means to finish what they set out to do.

Jesus then goes on to say that they will see a King leading an army against the Nations in the sight of Jerusalem and they will decide to seek this King's terms of Peace, and then continues to tell the parable of the nation of Israel that they must become like salt which is good for all the nations of the earth and that if the salt has lost its saltiness, then it will be discarded onto the dung heap.

It is after the Gentile nations of the earth are gathered at Armageddon to be judged by God, and collected with the wicked heavenly hosts who have been judged in heaven to be imprisoned in the pit that all of Israel will be saved.

Where will we find the House of Israel living? Scattered throughout the whole earth so that they can be a blessing to all of the nations of the earth.

What is the basis of the salvation of the Nation of Israel? The foundational rock of truth that Jesus is the Son of God and that this rock becomes the highest mountain in all of the earth when God establishes His everlasting Kingdom on the Earth and Christ is given dominion over all of the people of the earth such that the people of the earth should Worship Him.

When will all of this start to occur? In our near future, probably around 25 years into our future, when the Rock that comes down out of heaven strikes the statue which stands in Babylon on its feet and causes it to fall down such that it is trampled into chaff and dust to be blown away by the winds then blowing, which have come out of heaven in the form of the Holy Spirit upon all of those who then begin building their lives on the foundation stone of Jesus/Christ.

Has this not already happened? Yes it has, but those who have found the treasure/pearl/etc. at this time are small in number and have not caused the river of Life to be more than thigh deep such that it can still be crossed over at this point in time.

This river of life is slowing bringing healing to the earth, but not all who claim to be Christ's are Christ's as many have adopted the lie that they can save their life and as such they are not willing to lay down their life to be worthy of Christ's salvation.

It is time for all to lay down their many idols and to follow Christ as we walk with Him in His earth's dominion.

Shalom

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
Salvation : is not based on how you live or behave AFTER you are saved/born again.

Salvation : is wholly and only and completely based on what Jesus accomplished for you on the Cross before you were born.
From beginning “have been” saved through faith (Ephesians 2;8) to end “receiving the end of your faith—the salvation of your souls” (1 Peter 1:9) salvation is by grace through faith and is not by works. (Romans 4:5-6: Ephesians 2:8,9)

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is true so far as it goes. But we need to complete the basis of salvation with (1) the grace of God, (2) the shed blood of Christ, and (3) the resurrection of Christ. Without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sins, and without the resurrection of Christ there is no justification by grace through faith.

At the same time the cross is central to God's plan of salvation, therefore Paul says "We preach Christ, and Him crucified". That is where all the sins and all the guilt of the whole world were laid up Christ, who paid the penalty for those sins with His own suffering and death. That suffering was both internal and external, since He made His soul an offering for sin. And because Christ finished the work of redemption, He cried "It is finished", and the veil in the temple was rent in two. This signified that "there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins".

Christians must understand that the cross was not an accident and the crucifixion was not happenstance. It was by the predeterminate will and council of God. God planned the crucifixion, and Christ as the Lamb of God who would take away the sin of the world, from before the foundation of the world. And that is simply mind-boggling.

Were it not for the grace of God (which includes His love, His mercy, and His loving kindness) none of this would have taken place. Were it not for the humility and humiliation of Christ who became Man in order to become the Lamb of God, none of this would have taken place.

Reactions: ChristisGod

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
From beginning “have been” saved through faith (Ephesians 2;8) to end “receiving the end of your faith—the salvation of your souls” (1 Peter 1:9) salvation is by grace through faith and is not by works. (Romans 4:5-6: Ephesians 2:8,9)

Salvation is God on THE Cross, shedding HIS blood and dying, and coming out of the Grace, = getting us into Heaven.
He offers Himself as our Salvation.
There is no other offer, and our works are not a part of the Cross.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
This is true so far as it goes. But we need to complete the basis of salvation with (1) the grace of God, (2) the shed blood of Christ, and (3) the resurrection of Christ. Without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sins, and without the resurrection of Christ there is no justification by grace through faith.

Salvation is God on THE Cross, shedding HIS blood and dying, and coming out of the Grace, = getting us into Heaven.
He offers Himself as our Salvation.
There is no other offer, and our works are not a part of the Cross.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The salvation of man isn't the primary goal of God's plan. Sorry to have to break it to you, but our salvation is a side effect. There are more important issues going on other than our selfish desire to escape the result of sin.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Your OSAS is a seriously flawed theory.

The same Jesus who saved you, keeps you saved.

= Once you are saved by Jesus, you are Kept SAVED by Jesus.

So, whatever you are trusting in to get you into heaven, that isn't Jesus= is a fail.
Wake up.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-

Those who ask themselves, "I am saved, now what?" have been misinformed about the nature of salvation. Salvation is NOT something that we have experienced perfect tense. We are being saved present tense. How we live indicates whether or not God is saving us. The basis for salvation is the death, burial, resurrection and ascension of Jesus Christ. But the means to our salvation is the work of the Holy Spirit in our being to enlighten us, teach us, guide us, and inspire us to be better people. If I were to invent a slogan it would be "Salvation by grace through sanctification."

So while I agree that salvation is not based on how we live; how we live indicates whether or not we are being saved.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Those who ask themselves, "I am saved, now what?" have been misinformed about the nature of salvation. Salvation is NOT something that we have experienced perfect tense. We are being saved present tense.

Salvation is God on a Cross saving.
Are you that?
Is that you?
?
If that is you, then continue to work at it Mr Deity.
But if Salvation is "the GIFT of Salvation", then respect God, respect God's GIFT, and do not try to undermine it or subvert the Truth of it on a Public Forum, by trying to replace it with your self effort gospel.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation is God on a Cross saving.
Are you that?
Is that you?
?
If that is you, then continue to work at it Mr Deity.
But if Salvation is "the GIFT of Salvation", then respect God, respect God's GIFT, and do not try to undermine it or subvert the Truth of it on a Public Forum, by trying to replace it with your self effort gospel.
Brother,
You seem to be the one who fails to understand salvation. Namely, that salvation is an existential, personal situation whereby God saves individuals in fact. What you preach is hypothetical, conjectural, theoretical, suppositional promises that may or may not apply to a particular individual. Your empty promises are dangerous sleeping pills for those who need to be awake. People are suffering in doubt and need proof of salvation, not theoretical possible salvation.

Brother,
Why do you attack me without knowledge? I can only speculate so I won't answer, except to say that you neither understand me nor the Bible with regard to the issue of salvation. The weakness of your attack is clear evidence that you have nothing of substance to add to our understanding of salvation.

All you got is a slogan "Jesus saves", which is your entire rebuttal. Of course Jesus saves, Simply saying "Jesus loves me this I know" a thousand times does not make it so. People can't use your hypothetical, theoretical, truisms. Everyone here knows that Jesus saves. What we REALLY want to know is "WILL JESUS SAVE ME?" Of course Jesus died on a cross to save sinners. What each of us individually wants to know is, "does salvation belong to me, a particular person?"

Brother,
If you had taken the time to actually read my post, you would not falsely accuse me of "salvation by self effort." Apparently you remain unskilled in reading comprehension and we can excuse this from each other when done in humility. Your false accusations do nothing but show your lack of knowledge on the subject and your ability to read and understand posts. How did your walk of faith become nothing more than heretic hunting? Take some time off and study the issue a bit more. Read your Bible more. Pray for understanding. Make your walk a personal walk in the Lord instead of a hypothetical one.

Your truisms rob the Gospel of hope. Let's offer hope to people rather than mere theory.

Last edited by a moderator:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Brother,
You seem to be the one who fails to understand salvation. Namely, that salvation is an existential, personal situation whereby God saves individuals in fact. What you preach is hypothetical, conjectural, theoretical.

Paul preached "Christ Crucified".
Paul Preaches "the Cross".
I Preach the same, teach the same.
If you believe that this is "hypothetical" then you are proclaiming that the Blood of Jesus, is the same.
Do you understand what you have done?
Its this..
Galatians 1:8

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The same Jesus who saved you, keeps you saved.
= Once you are saved by Jesus, you are Kept SAVED by Jesus.
So, whatever you are trusting in to get you into heaven, that isn't Jesus= is a fail.
Wake up.

I noticed you never use any scripture. Is that because you have no scripture to back up your heresy.

At any rate, here are a few regarding your OSAS nonsense...

Hebrews 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
[27] But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
[28] He that despised Moses’ law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
[29] Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

2 Peter 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
[21] For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
[22] But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

Matthew 13:18 Listen then to what the parable of the sower means:
[19] When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is the seed sown along the path.
[20] The one who received the seed that fell on rocky places is the man who hears the word and at once receives it with joy.
[21] But since he has no root, he lasts only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, he quickly falls away.

Last edited:
Reactions: BGR

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The salvation of man isn't the primary goal of God's plan
The primary goal of God's plan is (1) the glory of God, and (2) the exaltation of Christ as (a) Head of the Church and (b) King of kings and Lord of lords over all the earth.

But all of this includes the salvation of mankind. However, not all will be saved, but only those who obey the Gospel. And since salvation is primarily the gift of eternal life to those who believe, then eternal life is literally that -- life eternal with God and Christ.

Kindly note, that the sanctification of believers is a separate and important issue, as is the glorification of the saints. But there is no need to muddy the waters by confusing everything into a mishmash.

Reactions: Brakelite

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul preached "Christ Crucified".
Paul Preaches "the Cross".
I Preach the same, teach the same.
If you believe that this is "hypothetical" then you are proclaiming that the Blood of Jesus, is the same.
Do you understand what you have done?
Its this..
Galatians 1:8

Your original post was an assertion about the basis of salvation, which we both agree is the grace of Jesus Christ. If you were humble like Paul you would hear me say that while the cross is the basis of salvation, the means, the instrument of salvation is the work of the Holy Spirit, as Paul has also said. Or do you pick and choose which verses of Paul's you like and ignore all the rest?

Titus 3:5
He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,

This is what you want to say "not on the basis of deeds which we have done" and we both agree with this sentiment. However, by suggesting that salvation is "wholly and only and completely based" on the cross, you leave out an essential aspect of salvation, which is the washing of regeneration and the renewing by the Holy Spirit.

I exhort you brother not to ignore what the Apostle has said. Our hope is based on what God is ACTUALLY doing for us personally, which is why Peter asks us to be sure of our calling.

2 Peter 1:10
Therefore, brethren, be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you; for as long as you practice these things, you will never stumble;

That's what we really want to know. Did God choose us or not? And the Apostles teach us how to find out. Have you set yourself against the brethren by keeping this word of encouragement from them?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If folk would study the OT sanctuary and recognise how it was a type of the gospel, more would understand how Israel was never in a position to celebrate after the altar of sacrifice. Thus we should never consider the cross as the only component of the gospel package. That was only the beginning. The priest, of whom Christ was the anti type, took the spilt blood into the sanctuary... And in the day of atonement the High Priest (Jesus again the anti type) entered in to the Most Holy. Only then, after the DOA, is full atonement completed. So the cross is but the beginning in a process and the process must be completed by all parties before salvation can be claimed.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I noticed you never use any scripture. Is that because you have no scripture to back up your heresy.

At any rate, here are a few regarding your OSAS nonsense...
Those who promote salvation by works heresy are typically hostile towards OSAS. I've noticed that ALL false religions and cults that promote salvation by works strongly oppose OSAS, which has always been a red flag for me.

Hebrews 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
[27] But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
[28] He that despised Moses’ law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
[29] Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
In regards to Hebrews 10:26, To "sin willfully" in the Greek carries the idea of deliberate intention that is habitual, which stems from rejecting Christ deliberately. This is continuous action, a matter of practice. Now we don't walk along our daily life and "accidentally" fall into a pit called sin. We exercise our will but, the use of the participle clearly shows ongoing, willful, habitual action. The unrighteous practice sin (1 Corinthians 6:9-10; Galatians 5:19-21); not the righteous, who are born of God (1 Corinthians 6:11; 1 John 3:9). *Hermeneutics.

In regards to Hebrews 10:29, if the word "sanctified" is used to describe saved people who lost their salvation as eternal IN-securists teach, then we have a contradiction because the writer of Hebrews in verse 10 said "sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all" (Hebrews 10:10) and in verse 14, we read, "perfected for all time those who are sanctified." (Hebrews 10:14) So in Hebrews 10:10, we clearly read ..WE have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. In Hebrews 10:14, we read - For by one offering He has perfected for all time THOSE who are sanctified. To go from sanctified back to un-sanctified would be in contradiction here.

*NOWHERE in the context does it specifically say the person who "trampled under foot the Son of God, and has regarded as unclean the blood of the covenant" was "saved" and/or "lost their salvation." The reference to "the blood of the covenant that sanctified him" in verse 29 "on the surface" appears to be referring to a Christian, but this overlooks the fact that the word translated "sanctified" (which is the verb form of the adjective "holy") which means "set apart," and doesn't necessarily refer to salvation.

Strong's Concordance
hagiazó: to make holy, consecrate, sanctify
Original Word: ἁγιάζω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: hagiazó
Phonetic Spelling: (hag-ee-ad'-zo)
Definition: to make holy, consecrate, sanctify
Usage: I make holy, treat as holy, set apart as holy, sanctify, hallow, purify.

*In 1 Corinthians 7:14, Paul uses it to specifically refer to non-Christians who are "sanctified" or "set apart" by their believing spouse. (And by this Paul does not mean that the unbelieving spouse was saved). A non-Christian can be "set apart" from other non-Christians without experiencing salvation as Paul explained. So the word "sanctified" means to be "set apart." If the word "sanctified" simply meant saved, then you would have to say that the seventh day was saved (Genesis 2:3), the tabernacle was saved (Exodus 29:43), Moses saved the people after coming down off the mountain (Exodus 19:14), the priests and the Levites saved themselves (1 Chronicles 15:14), the Father saved the Son (John 10:36), the Son saved Himself (John 17:19) and many other things that do not line up with scripture.

In verse 39, the writer of Hebrews sets up the CONTRAST that makes it clear to me that he was referring to make believers/nominal Christians, not saved people: But WE are not of those who draw back to perdition, but OF THOSE who believe to the saving of the soul. Those who draw back to perdition do not believe to the saving of the soul and those who believe to the saving of the soul do not draw back to perdition.

So after considering the CONTEXT, it seems most likely that "he was sanctified" should be understood in the sense of someone who had been "set apart" or identified as a professing believer in the Christian community of Hebrews believers, but later renounces his identification with other believers, by rejecting the "knowledge of the truth" that he had received, and trampling under foot the work and the person of Christ himself. This gives evidence that his identification with the Christian community of Hebrews believers was only superficial and that he was not a genuine believer.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Peter 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
[21] For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
[22] But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.
Those who are truly born of God have received a new nature, a divine nature. They have been transformed from pigs and dogs into sheep. The change is more than merely cosmetic, as we see in 2 Peter 2:20. *These cleaned up on the outside dogs and pigs were never sheep.

Compare 2 Peter 1:4 - "partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption - Strongs #5356 that is in the world through lust with 2 Peter 2:20 - with they escaped the pollutions - Strongs #3356 (different Greek word) of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, yet they are again entangled therein, and overcome. *Notice that 2 Peter 2:20 did not mention these cleaned up on the outside dogs and pigs being "partakers of the divine nature."

Corruption (Strongs #5356) (to shrivel or wither, spoil , ruin , deprave, corrupt , defile, to destroy by means of corrupting, to spoil as does milk). Corruption - describes decomposition or rotting of an organism and the accompanying stench. The utter depravity of the fallen flesh and the resultant moral decomposition of the world opposed to God is driven by it sinful lusts or evil desires. Internal corruption.

Pollutions/Defilements (Strongs #3393) ("pollutions", "filthy things", "contaminations", "world's filth") describes the state of being tainted or stained by evil and refers to impurity, impure, tainted, defilement, foulness or pollution. Pollutions/Defilement refers to what is on the outside (2 Peter 2:20). But genuine believers have escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust (2 Peter 1:4). Corruption is deeper than pollutions/defilements on the outside: it is decay on the inside.

Having the knowledge of Jesus Christ does not save a person if there is no heart submission to that knowledge. The latter end is worse than the beginning for these men because rejecting this knowledge will make them more accountable at the judgment.

Matthew 13:18 Listen then to what the parable of the sower means:
[19] When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is the seed sown along the path.
[20] The one who received the seed that fell on rocky places is the man who hears the word and at once receives it with joy.
[21] But since he has no root, he lasts only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, he quickly falls away.
Unlike saving belief, shallow, temporary belief that has no root, produces no fruit and withers away is not rooted in a regenerate heart. How can no depth of earth, no root, no moisture, no fruit, represent saving belief? It doesn't. Also the same Greek word for believe "pisteuo" is used in James 2:19, in which we read that the demons believe"mental assent" that "there is one God," but they do not believe unto salvation.

The heart of the "rocky ground" hearer is contrasted with that of the "good ground" hearer in the 4th soil, who's heart was "good" and "honest." Thus, his heart was not "good," being like the soil to which it corresponds, being "shallow" or "rocky," lacking sufficient depth. Such soil represents a sinner not properly prepared in heart. People who "believe" and "rejoice" at the preaching of the gospel without a prepared heart, and without a good and honest heart, and without having "root" in themselves, do not experience real salvation.

John has portrayed people who "believe" (at least to some extent) but are clearly not saved. There is a stage in the progress of belief in Jesus that "falls short of firmly rooted and established belief resulting in salvation." As we see in John 2:23-25, in which their belief was superficial in nature and Jesus would not entrust/commit Himself to them.

Also, in John 8:31-59, where the Jews who were said to have "believed in him" turn out to be slaves to sin, indifferent to the words of Jesus’, children of the devil, liars, accused Jesus of having a demon and were guilty of setting out to stone and kill the one they have professed to believe in. We can see at best, these Jews believed in Him (based on their own misconceptions and expectations) of Jesus, yet upon gaining further knowledge about Jesus through His words, we see they did not believe unto salvation and become children of God (John 1:12; 3:18) but were instead children of the devil.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If folk would study the OT sanctuary and recognise how it was a type of the gospel, more would understand how Israel was never in a position to celebrate after the altar of sacrifice. Thus we should never consider the cross as the only component of the gospel package. That was only the beginning. The priest, of whom Christ was the anti type, took the spilt blood into the sanctuary... And in the day of atonement the High Priest (Jesus again the anti type) entered in to the Most Holy. Only then, after the DOA, is full atonement completed. So the cross is but the beginning in a process and the process must be completed by all parties before salvation can be claimed.
The sanctuary services are so important because so much more was going on at Calvary than could be taken in by the five senses. I wonder what Jesus was showing the mourners on the road to Emmaus? Jesus must have known He was different. He wasn't naive as a side effect of His scrupulous conduct. But when He walked into the temple at Jerusalem as a pre-teen youth, He must have had an epiphany to end all epiphanies. He was so impressed that he couldn't hold in the new connections He must have made in His mind and heart, and begin teaching others immediately.

Last edited: