The beliefs of the early Chiliasts were the antithesis of modern Premil

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True. Your point?
Preterists want a DNA test for modern Jews, when Rabab the gentile was converted by a simple confession.

They think that when Jesus return for all Israelites in Palestine to see, they will not confess Jesus either.

Preterism is simply nuts.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a matter of fact, God will assemble 12,000 of each of the 12 tribes of Israel in the Tribulation.

Preterists don't believe a word of that in the book of Rev.

They are just nuts.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This happened in Acts 2 to the house of Israel and Judah?...

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them,...

Witnessing ceased in Acts 2?
They all knew him at the birth of the NT Church.

5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.
36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Do I need to quote the whole chapter for you?

Reactions: jeffweeder

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Preterists want a DNA test for modern Jews, when Rabab the gentile was converted by a simple confession.

They think that when Jesus return for all Israelites in Palestine to see, they will not confess Jesus either.

Preterism is simply nuts.
Futurism is simply apostate.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They all knew him at the birth of the NT Church.

5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.
36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Do I need to quote the whole chapter for you?
The entire house of Judah and Israel knew him and ceased to witness to itself saying "know the Lord"?

Were Paul's beatings fake?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them,...

Say all.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The entire house of Judah and Israel knew him and ceased to witness to itself saying "know the Lord"?

Were Paul's beatings fake?
Peter said "let all the house of Israel know...that God hath made the same Jesus...both Lord and Christ". Was he lying?

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The perfect comes at his second coming when we are glorified.

Heb 10
12 but He, having offered one sacrifice for sins for all time, sat down at the right hand of God, 13 waiting from that time onward until His enemies are made a footstool for His feet. 14 For by one offering He has perfected for all time those who are sanctified. 15 And the Holy Spirit also testifies to us; for after saying,

16 “This is the covenant which I will make with them
After those days, declares the Lord:
I will put My laws upon their hearts,
And write them on their mind,”

He then says,

17 “And their sins and their lawless deeds
I will no longer remember.”

18 Now where there is forgiveness of these things, an offering for sin is no longer required.

A New and Living Way
19 Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way which He inaugurated for us through the veil, that is, through His flesh, 21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22 let’s approach God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter said "let all the house of Israel know...that God hath made the same Jesus...both Lord and Christ". Was he lying?
All the house of Israel was there in Jerusalem, or was this message progressive and futuristic?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Futurists teach replacement biology. Salvation by DNA.
No, futurists teach God uses a teency portion of a bloodline to prove who someone is.

Futurism believes God can save a Jew, no matter how messed up they are, to fulfill a promise to the fathers.

Preterists think they are eternally cast off and they stole the Jews' identity.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No, futurists teach God uses a teency portion of a bloodline to prove who someone is.

Futurism believes God can save a Jew, no matter how messed up they are, to fulfill a promise to the fathers.

Preterists think they are eternally cast off and they stole the Jews' identity.
Read Galatians 3:16,28,29 and 2 Corinthians 1:20 and tell us who the promises are to.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The perfect comes at his second coming when we are glorified.

Heb 10
12 but He, having offered one sacrifice for sins for all time, sat down at the right hand of God, 13 waiting from that time onward until His enemies are made a footstool for His feet. 14 For by one offering He has perfected for all time those who are sanctified. 15 And the Holy Spirit also testifies to us; for after saying,

16 “This is the covenant which I will make with them
After those days, declares the Lord:
I will put My laws upon their hearts,
And write them on their mind,”

He then says,

17 “And their sins and their lawless deeds
I will no longer remember.”

18 Now where there is forgiveness of these things, an offering for sin is no longer required.

A New and Living Way
19 Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way which He inaugurated for us through the veil, that is, through His flesh, 21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22 let’s approach God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.
Jeff, thanks for bringing Hebrews 10 up!

Watch....

The future promise to the Jew...

Heb 8...
8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

Now, here is where the church fits into their future promise until Jesus returns...

Heb 10...
15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,

16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

.....which is all we get to partake of per the promise...no more.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read Galatians 3:16,28,29 and 2 Corinthians 1:20 and tell us who the promises are to.
15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,

16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

Who is the highlighted in this inclusion?

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jeff, thanks for bringing Hebrews 10 up!

Watch....

The future promise to the Jew...

Heb 8...
8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

Now, here is where the church fits into their future promise until Jesus returns...

Heb 10...

.....which is all we get to partake of per the promise...no more.
Watch...

Hebrews 8 is a verbatim quote of Jeremiah 31, which was fulfilled in Acts 2.

Hebrews 8 is a reconfirmation of that fulfillment and its relation to the New Covenant.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter said "all the house". So he meant "all the house".
So, all witnessing ceased saying "know the Lord" and every one of the house of Israel and the house of Judah had remission of sins after Acts 2?

Preterists teach that?

Every Jew was saved by Acts 3?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Watch...

Hebrews 8 is a verbatim quote of Jeremiah 31, which was fulfilled in Acts 2.

Hebrews 8 is a reconfirmation of that fulfillment and its relation to the New Covenant.
Hebrews 10:15-17 is all you get of the promise to future national Israel per Heb 8(Jer 31)...

I noticed you did not deal with verse 15's inclusion of the church.

Stay ignorant, preterist.

Status
Not open for further replies.